TVB’s 2014 Sales Presentation Preview

By on October 1, 2013 in Hot Gossip!, TV Dramas

TVB’s 2014 Sales Presentation <無綫節目巡禮2014> is scheduled to air on November 7. An annual event, the Sales Presentation aims to attract potential sponsors and advertisement dollars by showcasing the company’s major productions set to be released in the following year. On October 1, reports surfaced outlining several drama series that will participate in this year’s event.

One of the newly announced series is Tsui Ching Hong’s (徐正康) Big Apothecary <大藥坊>. Set during the Republic era, the series will star Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), Ruco Chan (陳展鵬), Natalie Tong (唐詩詠), and Raymond Wong (黃浩然). The four will be involved in a complex love conflict. Linda plays the daughter of the great apothecary’s wealthy owner. The apothecary later becomes involved in serious problems, causing Linda’s family to lose their wealth and status. At the same time, her town suffers from several widespread epidemics. Linda then uses her medical knowledge to treat the locals and wins acknowledgement despite women’s low social status during that time. Some compare the series to popular Korean drama Jewel in the Palace <大長今>.

TV King Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) will appear in at least two series next year. First is The Five Eunuchs <太監五虎>, a sequel to last year’s The Confidant <大太監>. Raymond Wong, Edwin Siu (蕭正楠), Power Chan (陳國邦), and Raymond Cho (曹永廉) will reprise their roles in a story about the eunuchs’ struggles adjusting to life as regular citizens after the fall of the Qing Dynasty.

In addition, Wayne will appear with Joyce Koi (蓋鳴暉) in Water Hair and Rogue <水髮胭脂>, a title possibly referring to the hair and makeup of Cantonese Opera, which Joyce is known for. Wayne and Joyce will play a romantic couple in this series.

Moses Chan (陳豪) and Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) are scheduled to film modern series Together We Walk <陪着你走>. Myolie reveals that her character becomes blind due to a car accident, and will rely on the care of loving boyfriend Moses.

In addition to the above, the Sales Presentation will also preview a brand new Lee Tim Shing (李添勝) series. A Qing dynasty comedy, the series will star Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Tavia Yeung (楊怡).

Lawrence Ng’s (吳啟華) new modern series appears in the lineup as well, along with Tiger Cubs 2 <飛虎II>, the sequel to Inbound Troubles <老表,你好嘢>, Vinegar Woman <醋娘子>, M ClubSemi Evil Man <忠奸人>, My Prime Lady <My盛Lady>, Mr. & Mrs. Bean <貓屎媽媽>, and Steven Ma’s (馬浚偉) TVB comeback series Property Protector <守業者>.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Katrine for JayneStars.com.

108 comments to TVB’s 2014 Sales Presentation Preview

1. Kelly says:

Can’t wait for the TVB Sales presentation. I also can’t wait for Property protector as well 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
    • Hailey replied:

Me too! It’s great to see Steven back 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Hailey
    • bubbles replied:

YAY~~ Steven!!

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles
    • HeTieShou replied:

Me too but hope that the plot and everything will be good too. I hope that Steven will film for TVB again in the near future.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  2. Jenny says:

Another Kenneth and Tavia Collaboration? Cool! Love them in The Hippocratic Crush and The Three Kingdoms RPG.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jenny
    • TVBFanatic replied:

Yes! Agreed.. and glad it is a period comedy!

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
    • Jennette replied:

Can’t Wait for Kenneth and Tavia! It will be funny 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Jennette
  3. Profile photo of jayne jayne says:

No sight of Kevin Cheng and Raymond Lam in 2014! I’m not looking forward to Wayne Lai and Joyce Koi’s pairing; do we really need a Cantonese opera series?

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • Clementine replied:

Well, what is the audience’s ‘need’ nowadays? Can’t really say unless we see the work lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
    • moon replied:

I anticipate Wayne and Joyce’s drama, seems more interesting. do we need another Jewel in the Palace drama???

Login or Register before you can reply to moon
      • sammnie replied:

I am excited to see the collaboration between Wayne and Joyce!!! Their portrayal as opera performer will be interesting and fresh as they are both great in this art!

And dreams come true for The Five Eunuchs…..their great chemistry continues. Yay!

Login or Register before you can reply to sammnie
    • thuongan replied:

Me too!

Login or Register before you can reply to thuongan
      • thuongan replied:

I really like Wayne but i will not watch this series for sure because i do not like Joyce Koi.

Login or Register before you can reply to thuongan
    • Puff replied:

Well Kevin and Raymond are enjoying success outside TVB, and they’ve been firm with TVB on what they will do. It seems like Tavia only have one series, so hopefully she’ll be given opportunities to film not side of TVB.

A bit sad to read that Nancy Wu is still not promoted to a lead role.

Wholeheartedly agree with Jayne, not looking forward to Wayne and Joyce Koi Cantonese opera series. I found Joyce Koi very very annoying in the series she participated!

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • JJJ replied:

I hope next year is Nancy’s year. No first lead roles yet but she has Midas, Mr and Mrs Bean, Glided Chopsticks, The Confidant 2 and guest starring in Tiger Cubs 2.

Login or Register before you can reply to JJJ
    • Mt replied:

Wayne Lai and Joyce Koi’s Water Hair and Rogue is probably the only series I want to watch. At the very least, it’s a different pairing. I’m also intrigued by M Club. Big Apothecary just sounds plain boring. Linda Chung and Ruco Chan again, Linda as a rich girl again, Linda using her knowledge to help people again. I’d choose watching Joyce Koi over Linda Chung any day.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mt
    • HeTieShou replied:

Jayne,
      I guess Kevin and Raymond are both too busy filming in China to film for TVB. I agree and I am not big on Cantonese opera. I think TVB is running really low on creativity so it trying to do anything at this point.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • llwy12 replied:

I’m actually not sure if the Cantonese opera thing is a good idea cuz the last few times TVB used that theme (meaning the series focused heavily on it), ratings were a disaster…

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  4. Sara says:

Can’t wait for Vinegar Lady!

Login or Register before you can reply to Sara
    • Misty replied:

Me too! I hope it goes well too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Misty
  5. Hami says:

Looks like next year it will be more ancient, fighting and comedy and less serious. Is this true?

Login or Register before you can reply to Hami
    • Nicole replied:

Pretty much, Maybe next year the rating would drop lower.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • elisabella replied:

Yes, Nicole: Especially for the Cantonese Opera series in which Joyce Koi will be the female lead. I have no hope for this series’s rating.

Login or Register before you can reply to elisabella
  6. Mindy says:

I read somewhere that Raymond is filming with Micheal miu soon. But excited for property protector as well as tavia and Kenneth in a comedy! Very refreshing, as tavia has never done a comedy.

But property protector looks good!! Love that country spirit feel of the countryside 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Mindy
    • Fox replied:

3 Gor said of LF’s participant in such series but LF has never confirmed himself. He said he has to consider the plot first to decide. And even if it comes true, it’ll be Jan series, not soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Lilly replied:

Tavia has played comedic roles before! Just look at her character in Dicey Business. Kingdom RPG was also a comedy

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
      • Clementine replied:

She was so funny in Dicey Business xD Looking forward to her pairing with Kenneth again, but was hoping she’d be in a comedy with Bosco since they both havent collaborated in a while. Also Bosco is well known for his excellent comedic skills lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • Teecee replied:

But her character in 3K wasn’t anywhere near funny. Dicey Business, W Files and PCOM is about the only roles she had some comedy in her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
      • Puff replied:

3 kingdom RPG was not a comedic role… But agree that she has good comedic timing, so funny in dicey business!

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • lol replied:

Agree bosco is the best at comedies bosco is a great actor

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  7. Caitlyn says:

Aimee Chan will be in The Confidant II and she’s playing the queen. Nancy is in Confidant II as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Caitlyn
    • Priscilla replied:

I wish Nancy is in lead but she’s a good supporting actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to Priscilla
      • Clementine replied:

I like Nancy in Supporting Roles because I think she really does shine best in the roles! But I don’t like the idea of Aimee leading…watching part one of The Confidant, Aimee’s performance was so ‘modern’ if you know what I mean, the way she spoke her lines etc. it seemed as if she was out of context o___O

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
    • moon replied:

It’s just a rumour that Aimee will be in The confidant 2, she might not be in the drama. Nancy Wu should take the lead in the sequel, Aimee is too weak

Login or Register before you can reply to moon
    • Teecee replied:

Nancy’s character died in the first installment, and I don’t think making her a twin or a new character is anything creative either.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
      • penny replied:

Raymond cho’s role also died in the first,and he is also in the second installment

Login or Register before you can reply to penny
    • HeTieShou replied:

What, Aimee as the queen?? You must be kidding me…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  8. Rheiana says:

Semi Evil Man has some intense feeling just like The Last Man Standing. I don’t know if I want to watch this…

Login or Register before you can reply to Rheiana
    • Suzanna replied:

If u don’t like it, then don’t watch it. It’s gonna make u feel more scared.

Login or Register before you can reply to Suzanna
    • Madeline replied:

You don’t have to watch Rheiana, no one forces u to watch some boring stuff. It’s your choice whether u want to watch it or not. And Suzanna, is not that the series makes u scared, it also makes u bored as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Madeline
  9. Tiffany says:

My Prime Lady looks interesting and is funny too. Looking forward to it!

Login or Register before you can reply to Tiffany
  10. Katherine says:

I wonder if Natalie would have an evil role in Big Apothecary. lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Katherine
  11. sorrow says:

no raymond

Login or Register before you can reply to sorrow
  12. Suri says:

In Vinegar Lady, Him has 2 wives and Myolie is one of them. I wonder if Alice Chan is a villain or not?

Login or Register before you can reply to Suri
    • llwy12 replied:

@Suri: Doesn’t really sound like Alice’s character will be a ‘villain’ based on the info out so far (though of course, we won’t know for sure until the series is filmed)…

Below is a description of Alice’s character from scriptwriter Ka Wai Nam’s weibo (he’s the ‘golden’ scriptwriter who left TVB several years ago and is making a return especially for this series, since it will be his last collaboration with producer Poon Kar Tak before Tak Gor retires):

Alice Chan will play Myolie’s sister-in-law (her husband’s sister) who constantly picks on her and tries to give her a hard time…the two of them are constantly ‘fighting’ over something. There will apparently be more to Alice’s character than meets the eye (there will be a story behind why Alice’s character is still single despite having good qualifications and already being past the age to be married).

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  13. Bubblez says:

I am mostly interested in Steven Ma’s comeback series, M Club and 貓屎媽媽.
    I don’t think 2014 will show any of Kevin’s and Raymond’s dramas because they haven’t had the chance to, and they are focussing on different aspects of their careers. I miss seeing their acting on screen. :3

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  14. Angelene says:

There’s also Anthony Wong in Kung Fu Drama. I wonder who’s going to be in it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Angelene
  15. Melted says:

I’m looking forward to big apothecary! Looks like it’s gonna be ruco and Linda’s representative work for BA if they do not get it this year with BK. and oh woah kenneth and tavia has another collaboration coming upp, exciting much! Haha not looking forward to both series of Wayne though. I had rather they produce a sequel to the confidant, say what happened during cixi reign etc instead of talking about the 5 of them. Cantonese opera, not my thing sorry. I remembered Joyce in better halves, didn’t like her that much there, Steven and Maggie stole the thunder completely. Haha.

Login or Register before you can reply to Melted
    • moon replied:

I am not looking forward to Linda’s drama, her series are so boring.

Login or Register before you can reply to moon
  16. claire says:

Linda-Ruco collaboration once again, looks like Ruco will highly potential new TVB Siu Sang to accompany the oldies Wayne and Moses 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to claire
    • Lucia replied:

Yeah I like their chemistry in BK. Hopefully, The Big Apothecary would be good one too. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  17. Fox says:

Same old faces of every years. None look interesting and more comedy. But Txb comedy lost its wise jokes recently, not good at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Clementine replied:

Go watch some mainland series then if you’re getting bored of tbb series. It’ll keep you more entertained.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • Fox replied:

I watch China series, too but I prefer Japanese comedy. US sitcoms/shows are nice. China series, surprisingly I dun find the grand ones are good, such as Bu Bu Jing Xin. Zhen Huan was much better in plot and chac wise than Bu Bu. Some small ones are not bad. But plot and acting, especially comedy/detective, Txb and China both have to learn from Japan.

For Txb, other than HAL, I haven’t finished any Txb series in recent 2 years. All are boring.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • moon replied:

I do agree with Fox, TVB now are copying alot from Japanese dramas. Instead of copying them, tvb should learn from them on how to be more creative in scriptwriting.

Login or Register before you can reply to moon
      • Puff replied:

Agree with Clementine and fox, mainland series are worth a try. But be selective, some can be bad. I personally like periodic or costume series eg BBJX, Legend of Zhen Huan and Lan Ling Wang. Lan Ling Wang’s first 20 episodes have a good pace, witty and well written.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • TVBFanatic replied:

Where are you finding Japanese series Fox? I stumbled across “My Little Nightmare” at the beginning of the year and loved that… but haven’t found much else.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
      • Fox replied:

I download torrents or in dailymotion

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Puff replied:

Oh I’ve only been a mainland series convert for 12 to 18 months, but really disappointed with TVB, and so I voted with my visual selection or my feet… ie selectively watch TVB series, highly selective.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  18. moon says:

Really not looking forward to the comedy series, all of them are just ridiculous, which are not even funny to begin with.

Login or Register before you can reply to moon
    • miriamfanz replied:

Have to agree with you on that. None of TVB’s series are actually funny with all that clapping and rhyming lines

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  19. Teecee says:

Why more comedy? They’ve been using the same humor for over 10 years in their series, it’s not even funny.

Property Protector and Midas are the top 2 series I’m looking forward to seeing. As for Linda and Ruco, sorry but so far in BK they’re not really living up to the all the hype surrounding them. Semi evil Man and TC2 are also worth looking forward to, they should film more mystery genres instead of comedies.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
  20. Lucia says:

I’m looking forward to all the series especially TC2, Property Protector, the comedy serie with Tavia and Kenneth, and Big Apothecary!!

I hope to see Kevin and Tavia in a 2014 TVB serie!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  21. bubblegurl865 says:

I’m also excited to hear the news about tavia filming a comedy serie esp with Kenneth even if is not him is new and refreshing to see tavia’s big smile,laughing and soo on…

I’m not going to get my hopes up until is 100% confirm otherwise I be really disappointed and me too I want a fresh partner for tavia ex kevin.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubblegurl865
  22. Racoon says:

Too many Ruco Chan series already.

Login or Register before you can reply to Racoon
    • Angiepooh replied:

Yes I totally agree!

Login or Register before you can reply to Angiepooh
  23. Ty says:

Why no Mandy Wong except for TC2?

Login or Register before you can reply to Ty
    • Teecee replied:

Because TC2 is the last series she filmed so far that hasn’t been aired yet. She’s filming a new series in November but I don’t know will that air next year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
      • Ty replied:

Okay. Thanks! Guess I will see very little of Mandy next year…

Login or Register before you can reply to Ty
  24. momo says:

So happy to see TY together with Kenneth Ma in a new series. Somemore, it is a comedy. I guess it will be something different. Like their pairing after watch their on call 36 hours. Hope to see more of TY’s dramas in 2014…

Login or Register before you can reply to momo
  25. Ling says:

Linda still act the same role she used to be. Getting a bit boring with her series .

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
    • Nicholas replied:

Then don’t watch. No one is forcing u to watch.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicholas
      • Ling replied:

Come on, How does Linda Chung going to get BA award if she keeps on acting the same roles over and over again? I am Linda’s fan also. But she needs different role to shine .

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
      • penny replied:

Tvb is forcing us to watch her boring series. Same character, same acting. BORING

Login or Register before you can reply to penny
      • Nicholas replied:

Like I said no one is forcing u to watch her. She did try different roles but u just didn’t pay attention. Just go watch someone else. She’s not boring to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicholas
  26. Sophia says:

is it jsut me or that linda always get all the good roles?

Login or Register before you can reply to Sophia
    • Nicholas replied:

Well TVB only have 3 or 4 main actress now. Linda is one of them. They have to give each one a good role. Tavia and Myolie gets good roles too. I don’t care too much about Kate.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicholas
  27. Nicholas says:

Why u guys so whinny?? Also complain complain. If u don’t like a certain drama then don’t watch. Why complain this, complain that. TVB cannot please everyone.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicholas
    • Daniel replied:

Agree, They shouldn’t put negative comments about TVB series and bad acting, that’s just how it is. To me, I don’t mind watching any kind of series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Daniel
    • advo replied:

Considering TVB’s ratings decline, it seems like a lot of people have taken your advice of not watching.

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  28. lol says:

No Kevin or Raymond its ok these guys are making big money for tvb outside

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  29. hannahh says:

Looking Forward to see Myolie’s series!

Login or Register before you can reply to hannahh
  30. kelvin says:

can’t wait for M Club!

Login or Register before you can reply to kelvin
  31. Panzer says:

Nothing in that list looked good to me. 🙁 Sounds like a bunch of rehashed plotlines as well. I’m sure all the housewives will love it though.

Login or Register before you can reply to Panzer
  32. AL says:

Raymond Lam still has one drama that need to film in his contract with TVB. That is good that he should pick only great drama to film. He is make big $ in China anyway! Support LF!

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  33. TVBFanatic says:

I don’t see Sharon Chan listed anywhere sadly…

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
    • Ariel replied:

Sharon is in Midas and My Prime Lady.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ariel
  34. H says:

Wish Elaine Yiu was in the sales presentation!

Login or Register before you can reply to H
    • Jasmine replied:

Agree! D:

Login or Register before you can reply to Jasmine
  35. TN1 says:

All r yummy n Im curious wats d opera gonna b like.

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
  36. Larry 3 says:

2014, the year when TVB viewers drops even lower.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • advo replied:

Hopefully they’ll reach rock bottom soon, because clearly they will not change before that

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  37. SY says:

I’m looking forward to Moses & Myolie pairing. Haven’t seen them acted together before. And Myolie acts as a blind person should be challenging for her. Let’s hope she delivers.

Login or Register before you can reply to SY
  38. Raymond says:

Charmaine Sheh confirmed that she will film Seize Every Minute in Jan 2014. I feel sorry for Tony Leung about scheduling conflict, hope he’s ok D: Everyone was excited to work with him too

Login or Register before you can reply to Raymond
    • sehseh replied:

Tony broke 3 ribs while filming in Prague and have to temporarily halt filming. After he recuperate, he had to complete the postponed movie project before he could film TVB series, hence he wouldn’t able to meet the Jan 2014 schedule.

From his interview, he seems to have a lot of input in the storyline/script. Too bad he couldn’t participate. I wonder who TVB will manage to rope in to replace Tony’s role.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
      • Funn Lim replied:

Maybe TVB will wait? Or perhaps the other Tony Leung will takeover.

• advo replied:

If TVB could wait for Francis, why can’t they wait for Tony Leung?

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
      • sehseh replied:

Because Michael, Charmaine & Raymond also have their schedules locked. And bigger, busier stars compared to TITS2 cast other than ChilamxFrancis.

Francis, I would say is not in demand as Big Tony in the movie industry. Plus Sam is the ‘soul’ for pre-existing TITS, which was proven a hit.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
      • advo replied:

@ Sehseh

Undoubtedly MM, Charmaine and Ray are far busier than the TITS2 stars but getting Tony is a pretty huge scoop. Imo, I would think it made more sense to drop the three and wait for Tony instead. Lbr, this was pretty much stunt casting so Tony was the hook. I hope he had more input on the script than Francis supposedly had on TITS2, because that was still an incoherent, draggy mess. It’ll definitely be interesting to see who they manage to get instead. Is it too much to hope for Nick Cheung? Or Louis Koo who still “owes” TVB some episodes?

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
    • Debby replied:

Michael Miu, Raymond Lam, Sharon Chan, Elena Kong, and Sammy Leung confirmed that they will be in Seize Every Minute. I like Sammy in Friendly Fire, He’s a good actor and He and Sharon have a great chemistry as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Debby
    • Jayna replied:

I’m guessing the pairing in The Apostle or Seize Every Minute will be Michael-Elena, Charmaine-Raymond, and Sharon-Sammy?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayna
      • Falanta replied:

I Hope So. Charray FTW!

Login or Register before you can reply to Falanta
  39. Daniel says:

Never Seen Joyce Koi for long time. I remember watching her in Better Halves and Guts of Man.

Login or Register before you can reply to Daniel
    • Lucia replied:

To be honest, I have no hope about the cantonese opera series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
      • elisabella replied:

me too.

Login or Register before you can reply to elisabella
      • Jayna replied:

me three.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayna
    • Jennifer replied:

I like Joyce in Guts of Man. She’s rly funny too. I don’t know about the Cantonese opera series but we’ll see how it goes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jennifer
  40. RUTA FTW says:

Tavia’s not good at comedy 😐 and kenta again???? So bored slrsly

Login or Register before you can reply to RUTA FTW