George Lam to Sing “Triumph in the Skies 2″ Theme Song

By on June 24, 2013 in MUSIC

The long awaited sequel, Triumph in the Skies 2 <衝上雲霄2>, will finally pilot on July 15. Many audience members still have a special place in their hearts for the original opening theme sung by Eason Chan (陳奕迅), with many stating that they want the original song to be played as the theme for the sequel. However, the producers, Au Koon Ying (歐冠英) and Joe Chan (陳維冠) decided that Triumph in the Skies 2 would open with a fresh number instead.

The new theme will be sung by George Lam (林子祥), who had performed popular openings for series such as, And Yet We Live <當代男兒>, The Passenger <抉擇>, and Big Family <大家族>. By asking George, who has superior vocal abilities and many years of experience, TVB hopes to fire a great start for the series.

Eason Chan had guest starred, as himself, in an episode in the first installment. In the episode, Eason mistakenly thought that Francis Ng’s (吳鎮宇) character, Sam, wanted an autograph and asked for Sam’s opinion on his song, “Next Year Today”  <明年今日>. However, Sam was furious that Eason assumed he was a fan and replied, “First, I’m not a fortune teller; I don’t know what you’ll be doing next year at this time. Second, I wasn’t in the movie theaters last year so I can’t give you an opinion.”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

16 comments to George Lam to Sing “Triumph in the Skies 2″ Theme Song

1. bloom says:

Is George Lam still with Sally Yeh?

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    • HeTieShou replied:

I think they are. I heard that he was one of the ones that encouraged her to come back to singing.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • pandamao replied:

She’s also has been very supportive with helping George Lam’s son get his foot into the door.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
    • Shrimpboat replied:

Yes. At her concert last year, he was there. It was very cute to see them interact. His son, Alex, joined him as a guest singer too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  2. LUCY says:

I wish eason was instead

Login or Register before you can reply to LUCY
  3. grandpa says:

woudl be good if they kept the original themesong by eason!!

Login or Register before you can reply to grandpa
  4. Smart Aleck says:

Did anyone else’s heart shatter after seeing this? The irreplaceable theme song sung by Eason replaced by this guy?!?!?! I’m sorry, but this is unacceptable. I also agree with grandpa… if they can’t have Eason to sing another one for this sequel, then they might as well just keep the original ):< How could you, TVB?

Login or Register before you can reply to Smart Aleck
    • Anomoose replied:

“This guy?”

Oh how low we have fallen.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anomoose
      • Smart Aleck replied:

First of all, I know that “this guy” used to be one of the really great classic singers, but the theme song was originally sung by Eason. As a fan of the whole franchise since the beginning, I just want to see him return for the sequel.

Login or Register before you can reply to Smart Aleck
  5. Woooo says:

Aargh..I was wishing they keep the same theme song or maybe if not Eason, get someone different to sing it, would be fine

Login or Register before you can reply to Woooo
  6. AC says:

I wish Eason sang a new theme song for the sequel too, but it’s pretty impressive that they got George Lam who is a legend! I’m just glad that it’s not a tvb artist singing it.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC

Yeah to a proper singer but nay to TITS 2

8. advo says:

Clear upgrade!

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  9. RayIan says:

Why don’t they just Chilam sings the theme song…

Login or Register before you can reply to RayIan
  10. lim funn says:

Damn. I’ve started humming the old theme song day and night through this smog filled city of mine in anticipation of the series and this news appear.

Hope the sequel don’t disappoint but with the synopsis that was posted here I can’t help having the feeling it would go the way of AGWTC2 which is a pale comparison to the superior original.

I guess Francis Ng’s character this time round will turn out the same as Alex Fong, overshadowed by Chilam and Fala and playing second fiddle even though he’s the lead.

Login or Register before you can reply to lim funn
  11. Larry 3 says: