JayneStars.com logo

Sharon Chan Fulfills Singer Dream

By on December 23, 2013

Sharon Chan Fulfills Singer Dream thumbnail

Portraying the awkward and naïve Yuen Huen in Bounty Lady <My盛Lady>, Sharon Chan’s (陳敏之) performance was praised from critics and viewers. Yuen Huen is a big departure from some of Sharon’s earlier roles, all of which are considered as heroic, confident, and feminine.

“I know many people are watching [Bounty Lady] because of Dayo Wong (黃子華), and not because of Sharon Chan,” she said. “But every piece of the puzzle is important, and Dayo is like our triad leader.”

Viewers complimented Sharon’s bespectacled look in the drama, and her role’s lack of confidence garnered sympathy from many fans. Asked if Sharon lacked any confidence herself in real life, she said, “When I was doing MC work I have experienced extreme nerves right before a show, but they were all gone once I got on stage. I think an artist should have confidence. It’s something that we should all expect to have in this industry!”

Sharon shared that she wishes to hold the TV Queen trophy someday, but admitted that she still has a long road ahead of her before it happens. “I will continue to film dramas. I usually get a sense of how well my role would do when I’m filming it.”

“Bounty Lady” Helps Sharon Fulfill Singing Dream

Sharon recorded two songs for Bounty Lady – “This Song” and “One Day”, the latter becoming a viral hit and earning critical acclaim. “This drama has helped me fulfill my dreams of being a singer,” Sharon joked.

Sharon has a love for singing and although TVB currently has no plans to develop a singing career for Sharon, she has considered self-producing her own album as a gift for her fans. “I am a Christian so I do want to release some gospel music. However, I definitely don’t want to be a full-time singer; I will continue to film dramas, because I know being a singer nowadays is very difficult. I’m currently saving up some songs.”

Cherishes Feelings of Home

Sharon debuted in the industry as a model at age fourteen. Before stepping into TVB’s grounds twelve years ago, she has performed as a singer, a musical actress, and a film actress. “My mother didn’t want me to be in the industry, and it wasn’t until after I’ve proven to her that I can take care of myself when she finally accepted it. She’s now my biggest supporter.”

Sharon has not asked for a single penny from her mother since she was fourteen. Becoming the breadwinner of her family, Sharon is in charge of house bills and helped paid her younger brother’s tuition, who recently graduated with an engineering degree from Hong Kong Polytechnic University.

Cherishing her family, Sharon would always bring her thoughts back to home. Perhaps this is also the reason why Sharon has no plans to leave TVB, explaining that TVB provides her a sense of security. “I am someone who is very steady. I will not randomly switch companies. Also, I don’t think there will be another company who is willing to help me pay off my car and house.”

Dating boyfriend William Lui (雷偉信) for eight years, Sharon is prepared to get married at any time. “If I do get married, I will have kids, but I’m not done having fun yet. I still want to do many other things, like traveling.”

“This Song” MV

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags:

• [Review] "The Ultimate Addiction" (By Miriamfanz)(57)
  • “The Ultimate Addiction” Cast Did Not Celebrate for Finale(143)
  • Sharon Chan to Marry Boyfriend This Year?(12)
  • Sharon Chan Sacrifices Her Body in "The Ultimate Addiction"(23)
  • Sharon Chan Denies Seducing Married TVB Producer, Jazz Man(60)
  • Sharon Chan and Ben Wong Share Love Angst in “The Ultimate Addiction”(61)
  • Sharon Chan Competes in 18km Cycling Challenge(5)
  • Bosco Wong Portrays Badass CEO in "The Ultimate Addiction" (30)
  • Synopsis of TVB Series, “The Ultimate Addiction”(29)
  • TVB Artistes Film MV to Promote 2014 World Cup Brazil(31)

• Readers' Comments (20)

I love the song she sung in Bounty Lady, the one supposedly written by Louis Yuen in the series. The lyrics is very very well written and a rare gem these days. And she sings very well too although a better singer would gave sung much much better. BUt seriously she isn’t bad.

• Funn Lim says:

By the way she is way too thin. That scene with her in a bikini was painful to watch simply because her body has no shape although with clothes on she looks good. And the MV looks terrible, reminds me of some desperate K-pop artiste trying to draw attention to everything wrong about her.

• IX says:

Agree with the MV point, no creativity at all! And I also prefer the song who’s lyrics were written by Louis Yuen, though I felt that they kind of overused the song a little in the drama.

On an unrelated point, I actually prefer the theme song sung by Dayo. Its catchy and I like how Dayo sang it, like very freely and casually.

• tvbfanatic says:

Agreed – just look at her arm in the photo above. I don’t ever remember her this thin. She’s a really pretty woman, it’s a shame to see her fall victim to the HK skeletal fashion trend.

• TVBaddict says:

I think I prefer Dayo’s song more than Sharon’s just because Dayo sang it more casually… His voice isn’t very glamorous or star-like but definitely likeable!!

• Yushky says:

I agree with the “I am however sick to death of every series referencing her long legs or shots of her bum.” because it was true, for me but her singing was quite some good. The MV was boring alright they should have like made the MV more interesting and not make her sing in a box, especially with lots of pink and white, it made me feel too girly.

• UNI says:

Honestly, studio editing makes a huge difference. She can’t really carry a note in real life. And I saw her sing several songs.

• I Will Write What I Want says:

I liked Yuen Huen up until she got her confidence… then, bam! she’s Sharon Chan showing of those long stick-thin legs yet again…

• UNI says:

She sounds horrible live. I’ve heard her and she’s not that nice in person. But that was only one encounter.

2. Bubblez says:

I personally like her One day more than this song. (:

3. AC says:

I loved this character for her in Bounty Lady. Sharon looks so cute in the round glasses. Her acting is not always very consistent but I thought she did a very good job here.

• Shrimpboat says:

I think this was one of her best roles yet.

I felt like the character itself wasn’t consistent…but I blame the writer.

4. bubbles says:

Now that you mention it.. she is very thin now… But I really like that song!

5. rachel says:

that picture above…her arm looks impossibly thin…..sort of frightening to be honest haha

6. iawnaek says:

Is it me or is Sharon Chan going anorexic? There’s hardly any meat on that arm of hers.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: