2012 My Astro on Demand Favorites Awards Nomination List

By on October 27, 2012 in NEWS

Before the final nominees for the TVB 45th anniversary award ceremony were revealed, Malaysia’s Astro on Demand has announced the list of final nominees for this year’s Astro on Demand Favorite Awards.

A quick glance at the list revealed the two popular TVB dramas, The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36 小時> and Highs and Low <雷霆掃毒>, received the most nominations, as their popularity outshined many TVB series this year.

One of the nominated TVB dramas, The Confidant <大太監>, will not air until November 5. Compared to other series that have already aired, The Confidant may be at a disadvantage to win due to the late broadcasting date.

This year’s Astro on Demand Awards added two new awards, “My Favorite Promising Character Actor” and “My Favorite Classic Role”. This is a good opportunity for character actors to win an award, and also a chance to resurrect the audience’s favorite roles within the past few years.

The Hippocratic Crush, Highs and Lows, King Maker <造王者), Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭2>, and The Last Steep Ascent <天梯>, received nominations for My Favorite TV Series. Many actors from these popular dramas are nominees for the favorite leading actor/actress and favorite supporting actor/actress awards.

During last year’s TVB award ceremony, Jason Chan (陳智燊) lost the award for Most Improved Actor to MC Jin (歐陽靖). In this year’s Astro awards, Jason is competing again with MC Jin for the My Favorite Most Improved Actor award.

Eliza Sam (岑麗香), had her first supporting role this year, and is nominated for My Favorite Most Improved Actress.

Aimee Chan (陳茵媺), Jason Chan, Florence Kwok (郭少芸), Koo Ming Wah (古明華) were in Malaysia for the announcement of this year’s nominees. All four of them are very happy to be nominated and indicated their desires to win the awards. The hardworking and low-key Koo Ming Wah happily said, “Florence and I both have been acting since the 90s and this is the best moment to be nominated. It may be our last chance to win. It doesn’t matter whether we win or lose. I think being nominated will give us a better chance to grow and develop our career.”

2012 Astro on Demand Awards Nominees List:

9. The Last Steep Ascent <天梯>

10. Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒>

11. Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>

12. The Confidant <大太監>

My Favorite Actor in a Leading Role

1. Kenneth Ma (馬國明) in The Hippocratic Crush

2. Roger Kwok (郭晉安) in Queens of Diamonds and Hearts (東西宮略)

3. Michael Tse (謝天華) in Sergeant Tabloid (女警愛作戰)

4. Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) in Gloves Come Off

5. Raymond Wong (黃浩然) in Gloves Come Off

6. Moses Chan (陳豪) in Master of Play

7. Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) in No Good Either Way (衝呀!瘦薪兵團)

8. Bosco Wong (黃宗澤) in Witness Insecurity

9. Raymond Lam (林峰) in Highs And Lows

10. Michael Miu (苗僑偉) in Highs And Lows

11. Damian Lau (劉松仁) in Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles

12. Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) in The Confidant

My Favorite Actress in a Leading Role

1. Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) in When Heaven Burns

2. Tavia Yeung (楊怡) in The Hippocratic Crush

3. Fala Chen (陳法拉) in Queen of Diamonds and Hearts

4. Sharon Chan (陳敏之) in Queen of Diamonds and Hearts

5. Maggie Siu (邵美琪) in Master of Play

6. Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) in Witness Insecurity

7. Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) in Ghetto Justice 2

8. Liza Wang (汪明荃) in Divas in Distress

9. Gigi Wong (黃淑儀) in Divas in Distress (巴不得媽媽…)

10. Maggie Cheung (張可頤) in The Last Steep Ascent

11. Kate Tsui (徐子珊) in Highs and Lows

12. Michelle Yim (米雪) in The Confidant

My Favorite Classic Role (5-Year Anniversary Special Award)

1. Michael Tse as Laughing Gor in E.U <學警狙擊>

2. Wayne Lai as Chai Kau in Rosy Business <巾幗梟雄>

3. Charmaine Sheh as Lau Sam Ho in Beyond the Realm of Conscience <宮心計>

4. Sheren Tang (鄧萃雯) as Cheng Kau Mui in No Regrets <巾幗梟雄之義海豪情>

5. Kevin Cheng as Law Lik Ah in Ghetto Justice <怒火街頭>

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role

1. Him Law (羅仲謙) in The Hippocratic Crush

2. Lau Dan (劉丹) in Let in be Love (4 In Love)

3. Edwin Siu (蕭正楠) in Daddy Good Deeds <當旺爸爸>

2. Cilla Kung (樂瞳) in Daddy Good Deeds

3. Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) in Gloves Come Off

4. Eliza Sam in Divas in Distress

5. Samantha Ko (高海寧) in The Last Steep Ascent

My Favorite TV Theme Song

1. When Heaven Burns — Moses Chan, Bowie Lam, Kenny Wong

2. The Hippocratic Crush — Joey Yung (容祖兒)

3. Witness Insecurity — Linda Chung

4. The Last Steep Ascent — Hubert Wu (胡鴻鈞)

5. Highs and Lows — Raymond Lam

1. Mandy Wong as Lau Siu Lan in L’Escargot

2. Edwin Siu as Yip Kwai Yap in Daddy Good Deeds

3. Florence Kwok as Violet Che in No Good Either Way

4. Ram Chiang as Kiu Gong He in Witness Insecurity

5. Koo Ming Wah as So Gei in Divas in Distress

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Lance for JayneStars.com.

51 comments to 2012 My Astro on Demand Favorites Awards Nomination List

1. ice6angel says:

Will definitely be rooting for Sheren!

Login or Register before you can reply to ice6angel

This is darn silly.

The Confidant in the list and it is not even broadcast yet. Same every year in year out.

• Tegan replied:

StarHub is really weird about this too and I don’t understand it. The list of dramas nominated match up with neither their On Demand schedule nor their regular cable schedule.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tegan
  3. AC says:

Sometimes, it really is nice to just be nominated so that’s why I’m happy for people like Otto Chan and Glen Lee.

As of now, my choices for Fave Actor/Actress would be Kenneth or Raymond and Myolie
    Supporting: Ram Chiang and Nancy Wu
    Most Improved: Oscar and Mandy

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
  4. polypeptide says:

lol, if it were to really base on performance, Charmaine would win hands down with her role in HAE. Another would be Jessica in tiger cubs.

Login or Register before you can reply to polypeptide
    • manglodinho replied:

Agree. Charmaine’s the one. Kate, Lynda, etc… all have a lot to learn from Charmaine.

Login or Register before you can reply to manglodinho
      • Danny yan replied:

Agree. Add Chermain & Jessica to list.

Login or Register before you can reply to Danny yan
      • momo replied:

I believe Charmaine is nominated my fave classic role.

Login or Register before you can reply to momo
      • Nicole replied:

Is Lau Sam Ho a classic character? The character was sickeningly good that it’s detestable? definitely can’t compare to the popularity of Law Ba, Laughing Gor, Chai Gau or Gau Gu Niang. I guess they were grasping at straws to come up with the last one, so they had to throw in Sam ho.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
  5. Lee says:

Are these awards only for TVB series?

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
    • Funn Lim replied:

Yes because AOD shows only TVB series.

6. RLF Lover says:

I want Koo Ming Wah to win something and since I do not live in Hong Kong, I’ve voted for him for this! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to RLF Lover
    • Funn Lim replied:

Me too. Can use SMS if I remember correctly. Will spend a lot on this one. And I believe he will win since Malaysia did give Wayne Lai his much deserved award for Safe Guards.

• Fox replied:

You have to live in Malay to vote for AOD.

Koo Ming Wah is nominated in 3 categories, he’ll win at least one.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • RLF Lover replied:

Funn Lim, I believe you have to pay if you vote by SMS.

Fox, I do live in Malaysia :)

Login or Register before you can reply to RLF Lover
      • Fox replied:

So vote for KMW :).

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  7. star says:

My choice would be THC for fave tv series, 连续剧 by joey yung & 幼稚完 by LF (both are really nice imo) and LF & Charmaine for leads.
    As for classic character, I support Chai Kau & Cheng Kau Mui, Laughing is overused, Law Ba doesn’t engraved on me much and I don’t see LSH as classic.
    I like the couple in BP most but doubt they’ll get it.

Is the voting restricted to within Malaysia only?

Login or Register before you can reply to star
  8. shyn yuen says:

i already voted!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to shyn yuen
    • kevolie replied:

Can you show me where to go vote, can you give me the voting site.

Login or Register before you can reply to kevolie
  9. Joanne says:

This year tvb series is quite crappy.
    I would pick:

My Favorite TV Couple
    1. Niki Chow (周麗淇) and Raymond Wong in Bottled Passion

My Favorite Most Improved Actress
    1. Mandy Wong (黃智雯) in L’Escargot

My Favorite TV Theme Song
    1. When Heaven Burns — Moses Chan, Bowie Lam, Kenny Wong

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role
    7. Ram Chiang (蔣志光) in Witness Insecurity

My Favorite Promising Artist
    I don’t know how to choose…Mandy Wong, Edwin Siu, Florence Kwok, Ram Chiang, Koo Ming Wah. All of them are good. However I wish the elder ones would get this award since Mandy & Edwin is still young.

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
    • Joanne replied:

Haha, I wish Jaynestar could provide a preview before posting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
  10. Ric says:

I don’t see why they would even include the Confidant in the nominations. There’s still such a long time before it airs and people can already start voting. Surely it will be at a disadvantage. It’s also quite unfair for any supporting roles in the Confidant. Also don’t like the most promising category. What does that award really mean? If there was no most improved, it would make sense.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ric
    • Joanne replied:

Haha, AOD always got some weird/stupid nomination list.

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
    • Veejay replied:

If not mistaken, The Confidant will be aired after that Kate and LF series in AOD of which the ending should be this week..

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
  11. H says:

I think Florence Kwok should have been nominated for her role in King Maker instead…

Login or Register before you can reply to H
  12. tom says:

High&lows will be the biggest winner with LF as best actor Kate with best actress and LF with my favourite character and best themesong and all the suporting actor and best drama

Login or Register before you can reply to tom
    • Crystal replied:

Yeah I agree,

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
    • AL replied:

Yes, i agree with you, but i can’t vote (in USA) this is only for MALAYSIAN FANS.

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  13. Crystal says:

I think Raymond lam will get the award for best actor but I think his acting isn’t all that great, it’s just his fan base and popularity. I like how AOD has best couple award, tvb should bring it back. They used to have it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
  14. E says:

:( What about Wayne Lai?

And I definitely believe Oscar deserve it!

Login or Register before you can reply to E
  15. bonni3 says:

if you didn’t have to live in malaysia i would get all my friends and vote for my choices 234567890 times! but unfortunately i dont so im getting all my cousins and their friends too because they do!

For everything kate and raymond is nominated in i’ve voted for them ehehe
    KATE AND RAYMOND YAY <33333

Login or Register before you can reply to bonni3
  16. Lolly says:

Why is the confidant included when it has not started airing? Very odd?

I hope Koo Ming Wah win something! Too bad I can’t vote as I’m not in Msia or HK. Oh well

Login or Register before you can reply to Lolly
    • loop replied:

i hope koo ming wah win too.He did a great job.

Login or Register before you can reply to loop
    • Puff replied:

Yeah, Koo Ming Wah was great!
      I also support Tavia and Hippocratic crush!

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  17. Lol says:

BP is didn’t make it for Favorite series? Are you kidding me? Ting Bun Sin didn’t get any nomination?

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  18. Woot says:

Can someone tell me why certain series are not included or why are some artistes nominated for one particular drama and not the other one that they starred in?

I’ve casted my votes closest to whatever I can relate to, but I find the nominations not as standardized. There are many not on the lists while others made it for some odd reasons!

Btw, they should’ve included English in the voting site – I couldn’t read Chinese and could only guess by the list of artistes, lol…

Login or Register before you can reply to Woot
    • Jo replied:

I guessed my way by looking at all the pictures! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Jo
  19. KL Lang says:

Please ASTRO !!! Do not just simply come up with a list to make more artistes come to Malaysia…How can “The Confidant” be even nominated??? It’s embarrassing *OMG

On other note, I can’t believe Moses Chan is not nominated for “Miu Tin” character in Last Steep Ascent -.-

Login or Register before you can reply to KL Lang
  20. ALovesFung says:

All Honeys please vote and support — Best Actor and Favorite Character Raymond Lam Fung as Happy Sir Wai Sai Lok, Best Couple with Kate Tsui, HAL 幼稚完 as Favorite Theme Song AND HAL as Favorite TV series! Love FUNG!

Login or Register before you can reply to ALovesFung
  21. Tegan says:

It boggles me why they included The Confidant if it hasn’t aired yet. The series is clearly at a disadvantage — none of its supporting roles are nominated at all (not surprising since, you know, no one has even watched these performances), and I’m guessing Wayne Lai and Michelle Yim received nominations in the Leading Role categories because their reputations precede them.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tegan
    • Funn Lim replied:

It’s the same year in year out.

• KL Lang replied:

A gimmick by ASTRO to persuade wayne n michelle to attend the event…

Look at the long list…the more artistes, the merrier…

Login or Register before you can reply to KL Lang
      • Funn Lim replied:

I think Wayne will be here. Michelle, not sure.

• Funn Lim replied:

I think Charmaine won’t be here, but she will win since she has a strong fan base? Hoping to see kenneth.

22. Linnh says:

Favorite couple I used to be a big fan of Kenneth Ma and Tavia, but after highs and lows, Raymond Lam and Kate tsui, haiz as long as one of those two couple wins then I am happy happy 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  23. Hannahh says:

wish i am in malaysia so i can vote! Finger cross for Ma Ming, Oscar Leung,Koo Ming Wah and Myolie!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • CHOI1991 replied:

Agree with you. My choose will be:

My Favorite TV Couple
      1. Kevin Cheng and Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice)

My Favorite Tv Actor
      Kevin Cheng

My Favorite Tv Actress
      Myolie wu

My Favorite Most Improved Actress
      1. Mandy Wong (黃智雯)

My Favorite TV Theme Song
      1. Joey Yung in HPC

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role
      7. So Gay (Koo ming Wah)

Login or Register before you can reply to CHOI1991
  24. sehseh says:

Bowie deserves a nomination for his role in WHB.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
    • Kidd replied:

Agree. Bowie was good in WHB.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  25. Eros says:

Lam Fung Lam Fung!!! All the best!

Login or Register before you can reply to Eros
  26. Pinky Wong says:

I like Kenneth Ma, you are the best!!!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Pinky Wong