JayneStars.com logo

2012 My Astro on Demand Favorites Awards Nomination List

By on October 27, 2012

2012 My Astro on Demand Favorites Awards Nomination List thumbnail

Before the final nominees for the TVB 45th anniversary award ceremony were revealed, Malaysia’s Astro on Demand has announced the list of final nominees for this year’s Astro on Demand Favorite Awards.

A quick glance at the list revealed the two popular TVB dramas, The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36 小時> and Highs and Low <雷霆掃毒>, received the most nominations, as their popularity outshined many TVB series this year.

One of the nominated TVB dramas, The Confidant <大太監>, will not air until November 5. Compared to other series that have already aired, The Confidant may be at a disadvantage to win due to the late broadcasting date.

This year’s Astro on Demand Awards added two new awards, “My Favorite Promising Character Actor” and “My Favorite Classic Role”. This is a good opportunity for character actors to win an award, and also a chance to resurrect the audience’s favorite roles within the past few years.

The Hippocratic Crush, Highs and Lows, King Maker <造王者), Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭2>, and The Last Steep Ascent <天梯>, received nominations for My Favorite TV Series. Many actors from these popular dramas are nominees for the favorite leading actor/actress and favorite supporting actor/actress awards.

During last year’s TVB award ceremony, Jason Chan (陳智燊) lost the award for Most Improved Actor to MC Jin (歐陽靖). In this year’s Astro awards, Jason is competing again with MC Jin for the My Favorite Most Improved Actor award.

Eliza Sam (岑麗香), had her first supporting role this year, and is nominated for My Favorite Most Improved Actress.

Aimee Chan (陳茵媺), Jason Chan, Florence Kwok (郭少芸), Koo Ming Wah (古明華) were in Malaysia for the announcement of this year’s nominees. All four of them are very happy to be nominated and indicated their desires to win the awards. The hardworking and low-key Koo Ming Wah happily said, “Florence and I both have been acting since the 90s and this is the best moment to be nominated. It may be our last chance to win. It doesn’t matter whether we win or lose. I think being nominated will give us a better chance to grow and develop our career.”

2012 Astro on Demand Awards Nominees List:

9. The Last Steep Ascent <天梯>

10. Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒>

11. Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>

12. The Confidant <大太監>

My Favorite Actor in a Leading Role

1. Kenneth Ma (馬國明) in The Hippocratic Crush

2. Roger Kwok (郭晉安) in Queens of Diamonds and Hearts (東西宮略)

3. Michael Tse (謝天華) in Sergeant Tabloid (女警愛作戰)

4. Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) in Gloves Come Off

5. Raymond Wong (黃浩然) in Gloves Come Off

6. Moses Chan (陳豪) in Master of Play

7. Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) in No Good Either Way (衝呀!瘦薪兵團)

8. Bosco Wong (黃宗澤) in Witness Insecurity

9. Raymond Lam (林峰) in Highs And Lows

10. Michael Miu (苗僑偉) in Highs And Lows

11. Damian Lau (劉松仁) in Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles

12. Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) in The Confidant

My Favorite Actress in a Leading Role

1. Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) in When Heaven Burns

2. Tavia Yeung (楊怡) in The Hippocratic Crush

3. Fala Chen (陳法拉) in Queen of Diamonds and Hearts

4. Sharon Chan (陳敏之) in Queen of Diamonds and Hearts

5. Maggie Siu (邵美琪) in Master of Play

6. Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) in Witness Insecurity

7. Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) in Ghetto Justice 2

8. Liza Wang (汪明荃) in Divas in Distress

9. Gigi Wong (黃淑儀) in Divas in Distress (巴不得媽媽…)

10. Maggie Cheung (張可頤) in The Last Steep Ascent

11. Kate Tsui (徐子珊) in Highs and Lows

12. Michelle Yim (米雪) in The Confidant

My Favorite Classic Role (5-Year Anniversary Special Award)

1. Michael Tse as Laughing Gor in E.U <學警狙擊>

2. Wayne Lai as Chai Kau in Rosy Business <巾幗梟雄>

3. Charmaine Sheh as Lau Sam Ho in Beyond the Realm of Conscience <宮心計>

4. Sheren Tang (鄧萃雯) as Cheng Kau Mui in No Regrets <巾幗梟雄之義海豪情>

5. Kevin Cheng as Law Lik Ah in Ghetto Justice <怒火街頭>

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role

1. Him Law (羅仲謙) in The Hippocratic Crush

2. Lau Dan (劉丹) in Let in be Love (4 In Love)

3. Edwin Siu (蕭正楠) in Daddy Good Deeds <當旺爸爸>

2. Cilla Kung (樂瞳) in Daddy Good Deeds

3. Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) in Gloves Come Off

4. Eliza Sam in Divas in Distress

5. Samantha Ko (高海寧) in The Last Steep Ascent

My Favorite TV Theme Song

1. When Heaven Burns — Moses Chan, Bowie Lam, Kenny Wong

2. The Hippocratic Crush — Joey Yung (容祖兒)

3. Witness Insecurity — Linda Chung

4. The Last Steep Ascent — Hubert Wu (胡鴻鈞)

5. Highs and Lows — Raymond Lam

1. Mandy Wong as Lau Siu Lan in L’Escargot

2. Edwin Siu as Yip Kwai Yap in Daddy Good Deeds

3. Florence Kwok as Violet Che in No Good Either Way

4. Ram Chiang as Kiu Gong He in Witness Insecurity

5. Koo Ming Wah as So Gei in Divas in Distress

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Lance for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , ,

• Results of "2012 Best of TVB Awards" @ JayneStars.com(78)
  • Raymond Lam and Kate Tsui Refuse to Film for TVB?(111)
  • Apple Daily's "Worst Television Awards" (27)
  • Kate Tsui, Raymond Lam, and Kenneth Ma Campaign for Votes(16)
  • Top 10 Nominees for TVB Anniversary Awards Revealed(211)
  • TVB Anniversary Award Predictions – Raymond Lam and Kate Tsui Take the Lead(178)
  • Raymond Lam Has Biggest Chance to Win TV King With Audience Votes(343)
  • TVB Artistes Film MV to Promote 2014 World Cup Brazil(31)
  • Charmaine Sheh Displeased With Kenneth Ma’s Dazed Look?(15)
  • Kenneth Ma and Charmaine Sheh to Collaborate in TVB's New Year Drama(58)

• Readers' Comments (51)

1. ice6angel says:

Will definitely be rooting for Sheren!

This is darn silly.

The Confidant in the list and it is not even broadcast yet. Same every year in year out.

• Tegan says:

StarHub is really weird about this too and I don’t understand it. The list of dramas nominated match up with neither their On Demand schedule nor their regular cable schedule.

3. AC says:

Sometimes, it really is nice to just be nominated so that’s why I’m happy for people like Otto Chan and Glen Lee.

As of now, my choices for Fave Actor/Actress would be Kenneth or Raymond and Myolie
      Supporting: Ram Chiang and Nancy Wu
      Most Improved: Oscar and Mandy

4. polypeptide says:

lol, if it were to really base on performance, Charmaine would win hands down with her role in HAE. Another would be Jessica in tiger cubs.

• manglodinho says:

Agree. Charmaine’s the one. Kate, Lynda, etc… all have a lot to learn from Charmaine.

• Danny yan says:

Agree. Add Chermain & Jessica to list.

• momo says:

I believe Charmaine is nominated my fave classic role.

• Nicole says:

Is Lau Sam Ho a classic character? The character was sickeningly good that it’s detestable? definitely can’t compare to the popularity of Law Ba, Laughing Gor, Chai Gau or Gau Gu Niang. I guess they were grasping at straws to come up with the last one, so they had to throw in Sam ho.

5. Lee says:

Are these awards only for TVB series?

6. RLF Lover says:

I want Koo Ming Wah to win something and since I do not live in Hong Kong, I’ve voted for him for this! :D

7. star says:

My choice would be THC for fave tv series, 连续剧 by joey yung & 幼稚完 by LF (both are really nice imo) and LF & Charmaine for leads.
      As for classic character, I support Chai Kau & Cheng Kau Mui, Laughing is overused, Law Ba doesn’t engraved on me much and I don’t see LSH as classic.
      I like the couple in BP most but doubt they’ll get it.

Is the voting restricted to within Malaysia only?

8. shyn yuen says:

i already voted!!!

9. Joanne says:

This year tvb series is quite crappy.
      I would pick:

My Favorite TV Couple
      1. Niki Chow (周麗淇) and Raymond Wong in Bottled Passion

My Favorite Most Improved Actress
      1. Mandy Wong (黃智雯) in L’Escargot

My Favorite TV Theme Song
      1. When Heaven Burns — Moses Chan, Bowie Lam, Kenny Wong

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role
      7. Ram Chiang (蔣志光) in Witness Insecurity

My Favorite Promising Artist
      I don’t know how to choose…Mandy Wong, Edwin Siu, Florence Kwok, Ram Chiang, Koo Ming Wah. All of them are good. However I wish the elder ones would get this award since Mandy & Edwin is still young.

10. Ric says:

I don’t see why they would even include the Confidant in the nominations. There’s still such a long time before it airs and people can already start voting. Surely it will be at a disadvantage. It’s also quite unfair for any supporting roles in the Confidant. Also don’t like the most promising category. What does that award really mean? If there was no most improved, it would make sense.

11. H says:

I think Florence Kwok should have been nominated for her role in King Maker instead…

12. tom says:

High&lows will be the biggest winner with LF as best actor Kate with best actress and LF with my favourite character and best themesong and all the suporting actor and best drama

13. Crystal says:

I think Raymond lam will get the award for best actor but I think his acting isn’t all that great, it’s just his fan base and popularity. I like how AOD has best couple award, tvb should bring it back. They used to have it.

14. E says:

:( What about Wayne Lai?

And I definitely believe Oscar deserve it!

15. bonni3 says:

if you didn’t have to live in malaysia i would get all my friends and vote for my choices 234567890 times! but unfortunately i dont so im getting all my cousins and their friends too because they do!

For everything kate and raymond is nominated in i’ve voted for them ehehe
      KATE AND RAYMOND YAY <33333

16. Lolly says:

Why is the confidant included when it has not started airing? Very odd?

I hope Koo Ming Wah win something! Too bad I can’t vote as I’m not in Msia or HK. Oh well

17. Lol says:

BP is didn’t make it for Favorite series? Are you kidding me? Ting Bun Sin didn’t get any nomination?

18. Woot says:

Can someone tell me why certain series are not included or why are some artistes nominated for one particular drama and not the other one that they starred in?

I’ve casted my votes closest to whatever I can relate to, but I find the nominations not as standardized. There are many not on the lists while others made it for some odd reasons!

Btw, they should’ve included English in the voting site – I couldn’t read Chinese and could only guess by the list of artistes, lol…

19. KL Lang says:

Please ASTRO !!! Do not just simply come up with a list to make more artistes come to Malaysia…How can “The Confidant” be even nominated??? It’s embarrassing *OMG

On other note, I can’t believe Moses Chan is not nominated for “Miu Tin” character in Last Steep Ascent -.-

20. ALovesFung says:

All Honeys please vote and support — Best Actor and Favorite Character Raymond Lam Fung as Happy Sir Wai Sai Lok, Best Couple with Kate Tsui, HAL 幼稚完 as Favorite Theme Song AND HAL as Favorite TV series! Love FUNG!

21. Tegan says:

It boggles me why they included The Confidant if it hasn’t aired yet. The series is clearly at a disadvantage — none of its supporting roles are nominated at all (not surprising since, you know, no one has even watched these performances), and I’m guessing Wayne Lai and Michelle Yim received nominations in the Leading Role categories because their reputations precede them.

22. Linnh says:

Favorite couple I used to be a big fan of Kenneth Ma and Tavia, but after highs and lows, Raymond Lam and Kate tsui, haiz as long as one of those two couple wins then I am happy happy :D

23. Hannahh says:

wish i am in malaysia so i can vote! Finger cross for Ma Ming, Oscar Leung,Koo Ming Wah and Myolie!

• CHOI1991 says:

Agree with you. My choose will be:

My Favorite TV Couple
        1. Kevin Cheng and Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice)

My Favorite Tv Actor
        Kevin Cheng

My Favorite Tv Actress
        Myolie wu

My Favorite Most Improved Actress
        1. Mandy Wong (黃智雯)

My Favorite TV Theme Song
        1. Joey Yung in HPC

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role
        7. So Gay (Koo ming Wah)

24. sehseh says:

Bowie deserves a nomination for his role in WHB.

25. Eros says:

Lam Fung Lam Fung!!! All the best!

26. Pinky Wong says:

I like Kenneth Ma, you are the best!!!!!!!!!

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: