JayneStars.com logo

2013 Miss Hong Kong: Grace Chan Wins Third Award

By on August 17, 2013

2013 Miss Hong Kong: Grace Chan Wins Third Award thumbnail

The 20 candidates of the 2013 Miss Hong Kong pageant attended a debate competition held in a shopping mall at Diamond Hill on August 15. Though contestant #10, Michelle Liem (林伊麗), shocked the audience when she blurted out a word that sounded like profanity, #13 Tammy Ou Yang (歐陽巧瑩) came to the media’s attention after tabloids published reports of her rumored financial scandal. The rumors indicated that Tammy once refused to return the money she borrowed when she applied for a multi-level marketing job years ago.

Tammy immediately denied the reports. “Never happened. I don’t understand why these reports suddenly came up. It’s really weird.”

Asked if she had offended someone in the past, Tammy said, “I never thought about that, but it doesn’t matter. I’m innocent. I’ve said this many times – I will only admit to the things I’ve done. If I didn’t do it, I would definitely refute it. I will not be a hypocrite. I’m not afraid of what others say about me.”

Was she worried that her negative rumors will impact her chance to win in the pageant? She said calmly, “I’m not afraid. I am confident with myself and I will not be let down by such news. I’ve anticipated many things to happen since the first day I turned in my application. Some things happen; some things don’t. Am I afraid that I will be fouled out? Not at all.”

Grace Chan Wins Third Award

At the debate function that day, #17 Grace Chan (陳凱琳) stood out among the crowd with her intelligent responses and strong voice.  She ultimately won the “Current Favorite” award, an award chosen by the audience. This is her third award after winning “Tourism Ambassador” and “Media’s Favorite” at earlier Miss Hong Kong functions.

Grace said, “Maybe it’s because my dad was also here today to support me, so I was not as nervous.”

The final round for the 2013 Miss Hong Kong pageant will be held on Sunday, August 25.

Source: Apple Daily

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , ,

• Grace Chan Wins 2013 Miss Hong Kong Pageant!(179)
  • 2013 Miss Hong Kong Contestants to Address Negative Rumors at Live Semi-Final(21)
  • 2013 Miss Hong Kong: Contestants' Profiles Revealed(87)
  • Grace Chan and Sisley Choi On Their Friendship(18)
  • 2013 Miss Hong Kong Winners Share Paths to Success(15)
  • Sisley Choi is an Outcast Among Other Miss Hong Kong Winners?(18)
  • 2013 Miss Hong Kong Semifinals: Top 10 Finalists Chosen(68)
  • 2013 Miss Hong Kong Candidates Meet Celebrity Judges(5)
  • 2013 Miss Hong Kong Pageant: Contestants in Swimwear(12)
  • 2013 Miss Hong Kong: Grace Chan Wins Tourism Ambassador Award(20)

• Readers' Comments (37)

1. ita says:

In a glance resemblance Michelle Reis. A bit.

2. jc says:

Congrats Grace Chan again ! She looks great and beautiful smile above pic. Look like a celebrity now.

3. Bubblez says:

She looks like Kelly Cheung.. :S

4. Yum says:

I love how the bb lookalike was the predicted winner before. Grace Chan is the only person in this competition that has elegance.

5. Jim says:

She is pretty but super aneroxic skinny …less than 90lbs in her bio..and her pics reflect it too…

6. hannahh says:

Very pretty girl!

7. gil says:

Her face is too thin so makes it look long and overall she is too skinny although she is an attractive lady. She will look even more beautiful if she has more flesh.

8. kolo says:

grace looks like a hindu girl from india.
      not bad, but my favo is sisley i hope she will win.

• hiccups says:

that’s what i think too, don’t think she’ll fit into ancient chinese shows

• Yum says:

I honestly think it ‘s all up to makeup. Makeup can really transform a person’s appearance. They can make it work.

9. calv babe says:

Grace has the unique face to win the crown miss universe or miss world after miss china zilin beauty won miss world. …grace can be Michelle reis soon

10. sushiroll says:

To be honest anyone can win Miss Hong kong if they ACE the interview. That’s the most important. I mean look at Kayi Cheung and that giraffe who won it in 2008 (forget her name).

11. Nicole says:

I foresee her prematurely aging

12. felicity says:

She does resemble a Michelle, but not Michelle Reis. Grace Chan looks like she could be Michelle Saram’s sister. For those who are too young to know – Michelle Saram is a Chindian (chinese+indian parents) from Singapore who acted as Louis Koo’s cousin in At The Threshold of An Era, one of those epic (in other words, overly long) TVB dramas in the late 1990s. Both Michelles are the same bony frame, wide smile and high cheekbones.

• Yum says:

Oh wow. I didn’t know she was chindan!

• sandcherry says:

She does look like Chinese+Indian.

• HeTieShou says:

She does look like Michelle Saram. I wonder what she doing nowadays?? But Grace has an older and more mature look than Michelle does.

• Sofie says:

Do you mean that you didn’t know Michelle Saram was Chindian? With a last name like that she has to be part Indian lol. Unless you meant that you didn’t know she was Chinese…O_O. Grace said in the semifinal that both of her parents are Chinese. There was 1 contestant with mixed Indian heritage though (don’t know what percent), Tammy Ou-Yeung. She confirmed it when one of the judges mentioned it. Tammy just looks Chinese to me though, so maybe she is not half Indian, but like 1/4 or 1/8. Grace does look the most Western out of the group.

13. happybi says:

She does look like Michelle Saram..

Grace Chan is very pretty.. the only one that stand out for me in this pageant. My pick for the winner from the beginning!

14. Truly Asian says:

Grace Chan looks South Asian, Indian.

Not suited to be Miss HK, or Miss East Asia. her looks won’t go down well with TV dramas.

For example, between Michelle Reis and Lin Chi Ling, Chiling certainly wins hands down for her features.

15. munkimui says:

That’t what people prefer nowadays. A long sharp face, skinny nose and anyone that looks western get the priority over anything. A round face girl with broad nose will not get a chance to win for sure. I will vote for her as well if I could. Grace Chan all the way to the finish line. Wish her luck! She sort of look like Karena Ng that doesn’t look 100% Chinese. Michelle Reis looks Chinese.

• HeTieShou says:

I don’t think Michelle Reis looks that Chinese. YOu can tell that she is mixed with her features and all. She does look more Asian than Portuguese though.

• Sofie says:

Only thing is Karena Ng really isn’t 100% Chinese. She is like 1/4 or 1/8 Caucasian (French-Australian) from her father’s side. So her mixed looks can be explained.

16. Benz says:

Karena Ng

17. Holiday says:

Ok hi everyone I don’t really like karena ng she is like 20years old and Raymond lam is even older then her

18. Holiday says:

Well grace chan is the best even she her parents knew that she is not her real child as they didn’t born her I think she is one of my best miss hong kong ever this year 2013

19. Holiday says:

Because I knew this kind of problem when I saw it on tv she doesn’t look the same as her parents I thought she was from India and malayasia

20. Holiday says:

I knew what date she is born in!!!!! In June 23rd in 1991 she is 22years old also karena ng is born in October 27th in 1993

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: