2013 Miss Hong Kong: Grace Chan Wins Third Award

By on August 17, 2013 in NEWS

The 20 candidates of the 2013 Miss Hong Kong pageant attended a debate competition held in a shopping mall at Diamond Hill on August 15. Though contestant #10, Michelle Liem (林伊麗), shocked the audience when she blurted out a word that sounded like profanity, #13 Tammy Ou Yang (歐陽巧瑩) came to the media’s attention after tabloids published reports of her rumored financial scandal. The rumors indicated that Tammy once refused to return the money she borrowed when she applied for a multi-level marketing job years ago.

Tammy immediately denied the reports. “Never happened. I don’t understand why these reports suddenly came up. It’s really weird.”

Asked if she had offended someone in the past, Tammy said, “I never thought about that, but it doesn’t matter. I’m innocent. I’ve said this many times – I will only admit to the things I’ve done. If I didn’t do it, I would definitely refute it. I will not be a hypocrite. I’m not afraid of what others say about me.”

Was she worried that her negative rumors will impact her chance to win in the pageant? She said calmly, “I’m not afraid. I am confident with myself and I will not be let down by such news. I’ve anticipated many things to happen since the first day I turned in my application. Some things happen; some things don’t. Am I afraid that I will be fouled out? Not at all.”

Grace Chan Wins Third Award

At the debate function that day, #17 Grace Chan (陳凱琳) stood out among the crowd with her intelligent responses and strong voice.  She ultimately won the “Current Favorite” award, an award chosen by the audience. This is her third award after winning “Tourism Ambassador” and “Media’s Favorite” at earlier Miss Hong Kong functions.

Grace said, “Maybe it’s because my dad was also here today to support me, so I was not as nervous.”

The final round for the 2013 Miss Hong Kong pageant will be held on Sunday, August 25.

Source: Apple Daily

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

37 comments to 2013 Miss Hong Kong: Grace Chan Wins Third Award

1. ita says:

In a glance resemblance Michelle Reis. A bit.

Login or Register before you can reply to ita
  2. jc says:

Congrats Grace Chan again ! She looks great and beautiful smile above pic. Look like a celebrity now.

Login or Register before you can reply to jc
    • jc replied:

I can imagine a crown on her head now he..he..just joking.

Login or Register before you can reply to jc
  3. Bubblez says:

She looks like Kelly Cheung.. :S

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  4. Yum says:

I love how the bb lookalike was the predicted winner before. Grace Chan is the only person in this competition that has elegance.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yum
    • Lily replied:

AGREE!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
  5. Jim says:

She is pretty but super aneroxic skinny …less than 90lbs in her bio..and her pics reflect it too…

Login or Register before you can reply to Jim
  6. hannahh says:

Very pretty girl!

Login or Register before you can reply to hannahh
  7. gil says:

Her face is too thin so makes it look long and overall she is too skinny although she is an attractive lady. She will look even more beautiful if she has more flesh.

Login or Register before you can reply to gil
  8. kolo says:

grace looks like a hindu girl from india.
    not bad, but my favo is sisley i hope she will win.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
    • hiccups replied:

that’s what i think too, don’t think she’ll fit into ancient chinese shows

Login or Register before you can reply to hiccups
      • Yum replied:

I honestly think it ‘s all up to makeup. Makeup can really transform a person’s appearance. They can make it work.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yum
  9. calv babe says:

Grace has the unique face to win the crown miss universe or miss world after miss china zilin beauty won miss world. …grace can be Michelle reis soon

Login or Register before you can reply to calv babe
  10. sushiroll says:

To be honest anyone can win Miss Hong kong if they ACE the interview. That’s the most important. I mean look at Kayi Cheung and that giraffe who won it in 2008 (forget her name).

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
    • hiccups replied:

edelweiss cheung

Login or Register before you can reply to hiccups
      • l'eanne replied:

So rude of you to call her a giraffe

Login or Register before you can reply to l'eanne
  11. Nicole says:

I foresee her prematurely aging

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
    • Larry 3 replied:

Yep, TVB will kill her looks with non-stop filming.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • yeung4life replied:

hahahaha so true

Login or Register before you can reply to yeung4life
    • windy replied:

ahhahh LOL.. that’s my first impression when i clicked on her pic.

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
    • HeTieShou replied:

Me too and she already looks old with her current looks.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  12. felicity says:

She does resemble a Michelle, but not Michelle Reis. Grace Chan looks like she could be Michelle Saram’s sister. For those who are too young to know – Michelle Saram is a Chindian (chinese+indian parents) from Singapore who acted as Louis Koo’s cousin in At The Threshold of An Era, one of those epic (in other words, overly long) TVB dramas in the late 1990s. Both Michelles are the same bony frame, wide smile and high cheekbones.

Login or Register before you can reply to felicity
    • Yum replied:

Oh wow. I didn’t know she was chindan!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yum
      • sandcherry replied:

She does look like Chinese+Indian.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

She does look like Michelle Saram. I wonder what she doing nowadays?? But Grace has an older and more mature look than Michelle does.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Sofie replied:

Do you mean that you didn’t know Michelle Saram was Chindian? With a last name like that she has to be part Indian lol. Unless you meant that you didn’t know she was Chinese…O_O. Grace said in the semifinal that both of her parents are Chinese. There was 1 contestant with mixed Indian heritage though (don’t know what percent), Tammy Ou-Yeung. She confirmed it when one of the judges mentioned it. Tammy just looks Chinese to me though, so maybe she is not half Indian, but like 1/4 or 1/8. Grace does look the most Western out of the group.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sofie
  13. happybi says:

She does look like Michelle Saram..

Grace Chan is very pretty.. the only one that stand out for me in this pageant. My pick for the winner from the beginning!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  14. Truly Asian says:

Grace Chan looks South Asian, Indian.

Not suited to be Miss HK, or Miss East Asia. her looks won’t go down well with TV dramas.

For example, between Michelle Reis and Lin Chi Ling, Chiling certainly wins hands down for her features.

Login or Register before you can reply to Truly Asian
  15. munkimui says:

That’t what people prefer nowadays. A long sharp face, skinny nose and anyone that looks western get the priority over anything. A round face girl with broad nose will not get a chance to win for sure. I will vote for her as well if I could. Grace Chan all the way to the finish line. Wish her luck! She sort of look like Karena Ng that doesn’t look 100% Chinese. Michelle Reis looks Chinese.

Login or Register before you can reply to munkimui
    • HeTieShou replied:

I don’t think Michelle Reis looks that Chinese. YOu can tell that she is mixed with her features and all. She does look more Asian than Portuguese though.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Sofie replied:

Only thing is Karena Ng really isn’t 100% Chinese. She is like 1/4 or 1/8 Caucasian (French-Australian) from her father’s side. So her mixed looks can be explained.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sofie
  16. Benz says:

Karena Ng

Login or Register before you can reply to Benz
  17. Holiday says:

Ok hi everyone I don’t really like karena ng she is like 20years old and Raymond lam is even older then her

Login or Register before you can reply to Holiday
  18. Holiday says:

Well grace chan is the best even she her parents knew that she is not her real child as they didn’t born her I think she is one of my best miss hong kong ever this year 2013

Login or Register before you can reply to Holiday
  19. Holiday says:

Because I knew this kind of problem when I saw it on tv she doesn’t look the same as her parents I thought she was from India and malayasia

Login or Register before you can reply to Holiday
  20. Holiday says:

I mean look like

Login or Register before you can reply to Holiday
  21. Holiday says:

I knew what date she is born in!!!!! In June 23rd in 1991 she is 22years old also karena ng is born in October 27th in 1993

Login or Register before you can reply to Holiday