Andy Lau Had Declared Love to Idy Chan

By on September 23, 2012 in NEWS, Star Interviews

Luisa Lai’s (黎芷珊) first TVB talk show, The Best Actor <最佳男主角> is debuting on October 18. The talk show has seventeen episodes with Andy Lau (劉德華) as her first guest. Other guests include Louis Koo (古天樂), Nicholas Tse (謝霆鋒), Anthony Wong (黄秋生) and many more. The guests reveal and share many heartfelt details of their lives.

Andy Lau  Once Revealed His Feelings to Idy Chan

Andy Lau became a proud father in May this year. Instead of revealing anything about raising his baby daughter, he spent most of the time discussing his relationship with his female costars such as Idy Chan (陳玉蓮), Anita Mui (梅艷芳), and Rosamund Kwan (關之琳).

Andy revealed that he and Anita Mui shared mutual admiration and respect toward each other. Andy said, “I know her lifestyle, and she knows mine. She even knows my life stories that other people rarely know about. When we went out to eat, we usually bring our other half with us.”

Andy mentioned that Rosamund Kwan or Idy Chan would have been great potential girlfriends. He said, “When I first met Rosamund, she was gorgeous and had a great body. However, I already had a significant other at that time, so I didn’t give it much thought.”

Regarding Idy Chan, Andy said, “She is beautiful, but when I found out she was dating my idol, Chow Yun Fat (周潤發), at that time, I moved on. I think of Idy as a real life ‘Little Dragon Girl’ from the series, The Return of the Condor Heroes  <神鵰俠侶>, which I costarred with her in the 1980s. She is a very righteous person just like her character in the show. I once revealed my feelings to her, but she only responded with a chuckle.”

On the Rumors of Being Gay

Andy recalled that Carina Lau (劉嘉玲) had once joked that he must be gay because he was not attracted to her. Andy said, “I was asked by many people if I was gay, and a lot of people believed I was. After it was rumored that I was gay, there were many people that even claimed to be my boyfriends!”

Little Privacy After Bec oming the Heavenly King

Andy’s superstar status often meant lack of privacy, especially when he was traveling and easily recognized by international fans. He regrets not being able to travel with his father. Andy said, “Every time I see Chinese people, I have to leave right away because they recognize me easily. My father loves dim sum, and the chance of running into Chinese people is a lot higher in foreign countries where private dinning rooms are rare. It’s slightly better to have dim sum in Hong Kong where I can get a private room. When I spend time with my family, I want to give them full attention.”

Source: Ming Pao Weekly #2289 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Lance for JayneStars.com.

28 comments to Andy Lau Had Declared Love to Idy Chan

1. shu says:

andy said “When I first met Rosamund, she was gorgeous and had a great BODY”….lol

Login or Register before you can reply to shu
    • Veejay replied:

Well, she still has great body and pretty face lol.. Rosamund was my childhood idol.. I grew up watching her movies and admire her alot lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • munkimui replied:

oh she is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! i used to stick a picture of andy and rosamund together on my wall when i was a little girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to munkimui
    • skinnymocha replied:

Haha. If I’m a guy or happened to be into women, I’d go for Rosamund too.

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
  2. HeTieShou says:

I think everyone knew that Andy definately had feelings for Idy. Too bad nothing really came out of it and the timing was not right. It is no wonder that their chemistry in Return was so strong… Fate just has it that it was not meant to be with Andy and Idy, but they are forever YG and XLN to many people and at the very least they are friends in real life.. If you can’t end up with your crush/love, being good friends for life is not bad either…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • tammy replied:

Once you have a crush on someone, it’s hard to get over it. Everyone is different, but most people seem to hold a special place in their hearts for that special person that you once wish you had LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to tammy
      • HeTieShou replied:

Well, I think in most cases, a “crush” should not last that long and you should be able to get over them pretty quickly. However, if it lasts more than it should, then I think it has gone beyond just a normal “crush”. I agree that once you do have a special place in your heart for a person, you always will regardless of how much time has passed…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Veejay replied:

Didn’t know Idy and Chow Yun Fatt used to be a pair.. so what happened to them?

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • HeTieShou replied:

I think Jayne mentioned their story on here already… Or was it another site?? I don’t remember… Their story was touching but had a sad ending. I don’t remember the details but I think one of the reasons was that CYF’s mom did not approve of Idy… I wonder if anyone else remembers the details??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • smile replied:

I think I remember reading about that somewhere too…don’t know where. That it was the mom that intervene….something about not liking her because she wasn’t sucessful or something. I can’t remember…

Login or Register before you can reply to smile
      • llwy12 replied:

@HeTieShou & Veejay: I wrote about their relationship awhile back ago when I did my book review on Chow Yun Fat. The best way to describe CYF’s relationship with Idy Chan was a ‘love/hate relationship’…and yes, the fact that his mother didn’t like Idy had something to do with it as well.

If you’re interested, you can read about it here: http://llsmusings.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-review-cong-ling-kai-shi-post_19.html

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • 1sakura replied:

i believe the story was once posted at Jaynestars: http://a-listers.blogspot.com/2006/03/ex-lovers-idy-chan-chow-yun-fat.html

Login or Register before you can reply to 1sakura
    • exoidus replied:

Yeah, too bad in real life GuGu and Gor Yi couldn’t be together even after the 16yrs separation.

At least Gor Yi did many good deeds and became known as the great heavenly king.

GuGu responded Gor Yi’s confession with “bwahahahaha” LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • HeTieShou replied:

Maybe they can be together in the next life??? For some odd reason, I feel that Andy still has some feelings for Idy even though he is married now. At least they are still good friends and being friends for life is not bad either.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  3. Hannah says:

I’m liking the list of actors thus far. Interesting how the majority of them started with TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
  4. Profile photo of jayne jayne says:

From Louisa Lai’s star line-up, it reminds me of Stephen Chan’s “Be My Guest.” However, Stephen was able to make stars spill the beans never revealed in any other interviews.

Louisa has convinced big stars to appear, but the content seems more safe.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
  5. Darren says:

andy lau has great chemistry with his female costars. no joke. i saw all of his movies and definitely saw no awkward between him and costars whatsoever. the girls definitive think great of Andy since he just a gentleman and easy to get along with

Login or Register before you can reply to Darren
    • Veejay replied:

I think those veteran artists like Chow Yun Fatt, Andy and Tony are more easier to work with in term of easy going and willing to teach younger artist..unlike those young Siu Sang now.. like Ron, LF, Bosco and etc.. who seems to be very proud of themselves and stick to pretty women only LOL>

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • munkimui replied:

um the women from nowadays are not pretty compared to the ones from back then. those are natural beauties!!! so you think toby, myolie, pan shuanshuang is pretty??? i think rosamund, vivian, gigi, n that kenneth ma’s rumored with that older lady etc are beautiful woman.

Login or Register before you can reply to munkimui
      • skinnymocha replied:

@munkimui: Of course they can’t compare.

I can’t speak for Veejay here, but they’re probably pretty in those boys’ eyes. What they think can be different to what we think. The thing is, the current siu sangs simply don’t have the willingness (nor the expertise) to take someone under their wing and guide them. They need to learn how to sort themselves out first. The road has become so “easy” these days that a lot of current stars take everything for granted. More time for them to lust after girls, fame and money.

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
  6. llwy12 says:

Yup, alot of ‘big names’ indeed…some of the others that were mentioned in the Mingpao article were Sean Lau (definitely looking forward to that interview, since I love Sean!), Tony Leung Ka Fai, and also Luisa’s ex-boyfriend Ekin Cheng (that will definitely be an interesting conversation!).

I can’t wait to find out which other male artists Luisa will be interviewing…TVB actually made a smart move this time by letting Luisa host her own interview show…she’s one of the best and most experienced hosts/reporters that TVB has and she has definitely built up alot of relationships with artists over the years…I’m pretty sure this program will garner good ratings and word of mouth…

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  7. lady gaga says:

Rosamund Kwan is a GODDESS! So does Gong Li.

Login or Register before you can reply to lady gaga
  8. Queen says:

Rosmund Kwan has mixed blood her father is a “Manchurian” not a chinese Han and mother from shanghai that’s why her features and body is gorgeous so as “Michelle Lee Ka Yan” also has mixed blood that’s why so gorgeous.

Login or Register before you can reply to Queen
    • elin replied:

i know rosamund gorgeous.. thy r all 80 90s actresses gong li, ada, carina

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
  9. Ice says:

It will be great to see Andy collobrate with Idy again =)

Login or Register before you can reply to Ice
    • 1sakura replied:

i have this same wishful hope 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to 1sakura
  10. Grandoldman says:

What about Yu Ke-xin??

He has a 3 year relationship with her. She was the only girlfriend that Andy ever publicly admitted to having.

Andy and Yu Ke-xin even registered their marriage some 20 years ago.

Login or Register before you can reply to Grandoldman
    • Critics replied:

Ssh! The public not supposed to know, this will damage his goody character.

Login or Register before you can reply to Critics