JayneStars.com logo

Bosco Wong Reveals Hopes for 2013

By on December 12, 2012

Bosco Wong Reveals Hopes for 2013 thumbnail

In the blink of an eye, Bosco Wong (黃宗澤) has been in the entertainment industry for more than 12 years. In a recent interview with South China Morning Post, he shared his insights of his life as an actor so far.

Bosco in “Love in Time”

Speaking about his new movie, Love In Time <等我愛你>, Bosco could not stop gushing his great admiration for for director, Fire Lee (李家榮) and costar, Sammy Leung (森美). Fire was successful in understanding the characters in the show and helped Bosco to immerse deeper into his character, Qiu Bing, a low class ice cream vendor, which helped Bosco adjust to filming more effectively.

Costarring with Sammy Leung for the first time, Bosco had only good things to say. He admired Sammy’s flexibility and his ability to grasp the essence of the scenes quickly.

Outlook for 2013

It has been a fruitful year for Bosco in 2012 with several movies under his belt. This will continue to 2013. There are already several acting jobs lined up for Bosco until the second half of 2013.

However, he feels that his singing career is at a standstill. “Actually, I have already attended a few meetings for my new album. Yet, I have no time to record the songs because of my tight filming schedule.” The ambitious Bosco still hopes that he will be able to do more for his singing career.

Bosco’s Acting Wishes

Although he has been in the industry for 12 years, there are still some roles Bosco hoped he would be given the opportunity to take on, such as an uniformed policeman. “Perhaps the directors and producers think that I only have the look and temperament to act as a plain-clothes policeman. I really like the imposing image of a uniformed policeman. Just like Simon Yam (任達華) in his PTU uniform in one of his movies.”

Admitting that he is a movie buff, Bosco confessed that he loves to read English thrillers. “Sometimes when I read a thriller, I will try to imagine myself as the protagonist and I will think of how I can portray myself as that character. I want to be able to elicit horror from the viewers yet at the same time, not to go overboard. Just imagining myself trying those characters already make me excited!”

Advice for Newcomers

Seasoned with a decade of acting experience, Bosco cautions newcomers to have patience while honing their craft. “Acting can be very hard work. Especially in the beginning. Sometimes all you get to do is to act as a passerby, again and again. If you are clear what you like, and you are sure you like acting, then all you have to do is strive hard to improve yourself and get through that phase [of your career].”

Source: South China Morning Post via ihktv.com

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , ,

• Bosco Wong Turns Stephy Tang into Meat Eater(10)
  • Bosco Wong No Longer Considers Reconciling With Myolie Wu(15)
  • Bosco Wong's New Foray into Film(31)
  • Bosco Wong Makes Comeback With 3 Films(15)
  • Bosco Wong Takes a Break from Dating(44)
  • [Review] "The Ultimate Addiction" (By Miriamfanz)(58)
  • “The Ultimate Addiction” Cast Did Not Celebrate for Finale(144)
  • Bosco Wong Attributes Success to Confidence(27)
  • Bosco Wong and Kate Tsui Hope "The Ultimate Addiction" Ratings Rise in Finale(176)
  • Myolie Wu Attracts Lesbian Rumors by Being Too Friendly with Assistant(11)

• Readers' Comments (31)

Another advice to newcomers

Always use curtains.

2. RAYLEILAFAN says:

No no. Just keep acting in your movies and dramas please. No need to make another album. Enough with the noise pollution from Linda Chung.

3. shu says:

hahaha,bet he did it aware.to show his hmhmhm, otherwise he wont stand in front to the curtainless window.

4. RAYLEILAFAN says:

Happy 32nd birthday to Bosco btw. A few days ago it was Ray’s 33rd.

5. tap says:

wow, his facial bones shifting.. a sign of aging

• Gar says:

I actually think he looks young in the above pic.

• RAYLEILAFAN says:

At least he’s still natural and don’t become plastic like Jiro Wang. Whatever Jiro did to his face to stay cute and hide natural signs of aging until becomes plastic face.

• Larry 3 says:

He’s been crying since the breakup.

• jasmine7 says:

He has lost weight and spot a different hairstyle . I think he’s looking good and his acting is underrated.

What else can he do after the breakup but move on. But deep in his heart, he’s still hurting and hoping for a miracle.

6. Hannah says:

He’s quite underrated at TVB. I didn’t really pay attention to Bosco’s acting, so when I saw WI, I was impressed. Bosco can act with his eyes. That’s something hard to come across the new generations nowadays. I liked his subtle expressions in WI. Hehe

• RAYLEILAFAN says:

Yep he’s a bit underrated. Aside from Ray in HAL, this year I like his acting in WI. It’s subtle and non Bosco like. Happy Sir and Hui Sir should meet and make a special.

• Jayne says:

Hannah,
        Bosco took a huge beating in negative press after breaking up with Myolie. He had a lot more noise last year in “Lives of Omission” and if not due to bad press after Myolie breakup, I suspect there would have been much more promotion for “Witness Insecurity”.

I don’t think Bosco is underrated, but he was gone in mainland China first half of year and focused more on films. The second half of the year he is filming for TVB again, but he probably declined a lot of interviews due to breakup etc, which may give you the impression that he had a quiet year.

• RAYLEILAFAN says:

I actually saw many interviews of him around this past 1-2 months in weibo but he only talk about his movie in all of them. I think that’s why he seems underrated because he himself don’t really talk about awards expectation and don’t make much high profile appearance.

• AC says:

I don’t think Bosco had it that bad, and Witness Insecurity actually helped him retain a good image. Hui Sir was basically the perfect guy and a lot of people liked to think that Bosco is like that character.

• HeTieShou says:

The break up with Myolie really hurt Bosco’s career and image. However, glad that he has moved on and will find happiness later on in life… His career seems to be going well in spite of that and I guess life is short, so you can’t loathe over the past or else you will become unhappy…

• Linnh says:

yes Bosco has only been talking about movies and series lately, I think it has something with that after everything, then he wants to stay out of the spotlight, and somehow I think it is good. Hoping for him to come stronger back next year. ;)

yeah, bosco can act while myolie can’t, maybe she was a tiny bit envious and decided to hurt his career before parting, else she could have discuss things over with him, but the main reason of them parting was trust, human heart is the most poisonous part, second is the tongue, the person closest to you will know your weak points best, can’t deny she hurting as well and decided to give him a taste of it

• AC says:

you sound like a crazy bosco fan

• Linnh says:

thank I am also a Bosco fan, but I think both Bosco and Myolie want this to be over, better not to mention the bad news again should we? :) Let us support him by looking at the future for him, not turning around and concentrating on the past.

7. miriamfanz says:

Umm, Bosco, just stick to acting okay? I’d like to see him more in TVB series, especially in villain roles like Cripple Co. Didn’t like him as much as Hui Sir

8. Abigail says:

There are rumours that he will work together with pretty boy idol Ma Tian Yu for a mainland detective series, but as I said, still rumours.

• HeTieShou says:

It would be great if he works with Ma Tian Yu. Ma Tian Yu is not just an idol, he truly has talent… Not sure about his acting because I have not seen much yet, but his singing is very good…

• Abigal says:

The rumoured title is “Young DiRenJie”. Ma Tian Yu is confirmed to play the character Yuan Fang. However Bosco hasn’t confirmed anything except that he will be shooting in Hengdian starting early Jan.

Ma Tian Yu’s real life story is inspiring. He literally went from rags to riches. I was surprised when I found out such a pretty and refined looking boy comes from a very poor environment in China. His two elder sisters quit school so that he can go to school and by age 16, he’s already out of hometown to work multiple tedious low paying jobs.

9. klnlyy says:

At william so’s concert tis year, ur brother bowie gor said : filming brings good $$..^.^

10. Linnh says:

Kate and Bosco for “i love Hong Kong 2013″ Pretty awesome huh :D

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: