Bosco Wong Reveals Hopes for 2013

By on December 12, 2012 in NEWS, Star Interviews

In the blink of an eye, Bosco Wong (黃宗澤) has been in the entertainment industry for more than 12 years. In a recent interview with South China Morning Post, he shared his insights of his life as an actor so far.

Bosco in “Love in Time”

Speaking about his new movie, Love In Time <等我愛你>, Bosco could not stop gushing his great admiration for for director, Fire Lee (李家榮) and costar, Sammy Leung (森美). Fire was successful in understanding the characters in the show and helped Bosco to immerse deeper into his character, Qiu Bing, a low class ice cream vendor, which helped Bosco adjust to filming more effectively.

Costarring with Sammy Leung for the first time, Bosco had only good things to say. He admired Sammy’s flexibility and his ability to grasp the essence of the scenes quickly.

Outlook for 2013

It has been a fruitful year for Bosco in 2012 with several movies under his belt. This will continue to 2013. There are already several acting jobs lined up for Bosco until the second half of 2013.

However, he feels that his singing career is at a standstill. “Actually, I have already attended a few meetings for my new album. Yet, I have no time to record the songs because of my tight filming schedule.” The ambitious Bosco still hopes that he will be able to do more for his singing career.

Bosco’s Acting Wishes

Although he has been in the industry for 12 years, there are still some roles Bosco hoped he would be given the opportunity to take on, such as an uniformed policeman. “Perhaps the directors and producers think that I only have the look and temperament to act as a plain-clothes policeman. I really like the imposing image of a uniformed policeman. Just like Simon Yam (任達華) in his PTU uniform in one of his movies.”

Admitting that he is a movie buff, Bosco confessed that he loves to read English thrillers. “Sometimes when I read a thriller, I will try to imagine myself as the protagonist and I will think of how I can portray myself as that character. I want to be able to elicit horror from the viewers yet at the same time, not to go overboard. Just imagining myself trying those characters already make me excited!”

Advice for Newcomers

Seasoned with a decade of acting experience, Bosco cautions newcomers to have patience while honing their craft. “Acting can be very hard work. Especially in the beginning. Sometimes all you get to do is to act as a passerby, again and again. If you are clear what you like, and you are sure you like acting, then all you have to do is strive hard to improve yourself and get through that phase [of your career].”

Source: South China Morning Post via ihktv.com

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

31 comments to Bosco Wong Reveals Hopes for 2013

Another advice to newcomers

Always use curtains.

• jasmine7 replied:

Yes indeed and make sure they’re heavily lined **

Login or Register before you can reply to jasmine7
  2. RAYLEILAFAN says:

No no. Just keep acting in your movies and dramas please. No need to make another album. Enough with the noise pollution from Linda Chung.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
  3. shu says:

hahaha,bet he did it aware.to show his hmhmhm, otherwise he wont stand in front to the curtainless window.

Login or Register before you can reply to shu
  4. RAYLEILAFAN says:

Happy 32nd birthday to Bosco btw. A few days ago it was Ray’s 33rd.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
    • Profile photo of jayne jayne replied:

RayLeilaFan,
      Can’t believe the guys are now in their 30s. They still seem to be in their 20s for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
  5. tap says:

wow, his facial bones shifting.. a sign of aging

Login or Register before you can reply to tap
    • Gar replied:

I actually think he looks young in the above pic.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    • RAYLEILAFAN replied:

At least he’s still natural and don’t become plastic like Jiro Wang. Whatever Jiro did to his face to stay cute and hide natural signs of aging until becomes plastic face.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
    • Larry 3 replied:

He’s been crying since the breakup.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • jasmine7 replied:

He has lost weight and spot a different hairstyle . I think he’s looking good and his acting is underrated.

What else can he do after the breakup but move on. But deep in his heart, he’s still hurting and hoping for a miracle.

Login or Register before you can reply to jasmine7
  6. Hannah says:

He’s quite underrated at TVB. I didn’t really pay attention to Bosco’s acting, so when I saw WI, I was impressed. Bosco can act with his eyes. That’s something hard to come across the new generations nowadays. I liked his subtle expressions in WI. Hehe

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • RAYLEILAFAN replied:

Yep he’s a bit underrated. Aside from Ray in HAL, this year I like his acting in WI. It’s subtle and non Bosco like. Happy Sir and Hui Sir should meet and make a special.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
      • simplitee replied:

Oooh i would love that hehe 😀 I love both my Ah Sir’s!

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
      • Linnh replied:

heey I agree, would love to see hui sir and happy sir together again.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
    • Profile photo of jayne jayne replied:

Hannah,
      Bosco took a huge beating in negative press after breaking up with Myolie. He had a lot more noise last year in “Lives of Omission” and if not due to bad press after Myolie breakup, I suspect there would have been much more promotion for “Witness Insecurity”.

I don’t think Bosco is underrated, but he was gone in mainland China first half of year and focused more on films. The second half of the year he is filming for TVB again, but he probably declined a lot of interviews due to breakup etc, which may give you the impression that he had a quiet year.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • RAYLEILAFAN replied:

I actually saw many interviews of him around this past 1-2 months in weibo but he only talk about his movie in all of them. I think that’s why he seems underrated because he himself don’t really talk about awards expectation and don’t make much high profile appearance.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
      • AC replied:

I don’t think Bosco had it that bad, and Witness Insecurity actually helped him retain a good image. Hui Sir was basically the perfect guy and a lot of people liked to think that Bosco is like that character.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
      • HeTieShou replied:

The break up with Myolie really hurt Bosco’s career and image. However, glad that he has moved on and will find happiness later on in life… His career seems to be going well in spite of that and I guess life is short, so you can’t loathe over the past or else you will become unhappy…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Linnh replied:

yes Bosco has only been talking about movies and series lately, I think it has something with that after everything, then he wants to stay out of the spotlight, and somehow I think it is good. Hoping for him to come stronger back next year. 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh

yeah, bosco can act while myolie can’t, maybe she was a tiny bit envious and decided to hurt his career before parting, else she could have discuss things over with him, but the main reason of them parting was trust, human heart is the most poisonous part, second is the tongue, the person closest to you will know your weak points best, can’t deny she hurting as well and decided to give him a taste of it

Login or Register before you can reply to thank
      • AC replied:

you sound like a crazy bosco fan

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
      • Linnh replied:

thank I am also a Bosco fan, but I think both Bosco and Myolie want this to be over, better not to mention the bad news again should we? :) Let us support him by looking at the future for him, not turning around and concentrating on the past.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  7. miriamfanz says:

Umm, Bosco, just stick to acting okay? I’d like to see him more in TVB series, especially in villain roles like Cripple Co. Didn’t like him as much as Hui Sir

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
    • Gar replied:

I’m with you on this one as well as I prefer watching him in villainous roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    • 939393 replied:

agreed! he was brilliant as Cripple Co.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  8. Abigail says:

There are rumours that he will work together with pretty boy idol Ma Tian Yu for a mainland detective series, but as I said, still rumours.

Login or Register before you can reply to Abigail
    • HeTieShou replied:

It would be great if he works with Ma Tian Yu. Ma Tian Yu is not just an idol, he truly has talent… Not sure about his acting because I have not seen much yet, but his singing is very good…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Abigal replied:

The rumoured title is “Young DiRenJie”. Ma Tian Yu is confirmed to play the character Yuan Fang. However Bosco hasn’t confirmed anything except that he will be shooting in Hengdian starting early Jan.

Ma Tian Yu’s real life story is inspiring. He literally went from rags to riches. I was surprised when I found out such a pretty and refined looking boy comes from a very poor environment in China. His two elder sisters quit school so that he can go to school and by age 16, he’s already out of hometown to work multiple tedious low paying jobs.

Login or Register before you can reply to Abigal
  9. klnlyy says:

At william so’s concert tis year, ur brother bowie gor said : filming brings good $$..^.^

Login or Register before you can reply to klnlyy
  10. Linnh says: