Bosco Wong’s “Hui Sir” Comes Back Alive

By on December 15, 2012 in NEWS

Among the aired TVB dramas of 2012, Witness Insecurity <護花危情> claims first place in viewership ratings so far with its average of 31.65 points. In order to further boost and secure the drama’s popularity, it has been decided that Bosco Wong’s (黃宗澤) character in the drama, Hui Sir, will make a comeback to sing and record a drama version of the theme song, “The Happiest Thing” <最幸福的事> with Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣).

This secret move made by the popular Witness Insecurity couple is a great way to pull more votes for the TVB Anniversary Awards. Hopefully, this special version of the song will be released before then. When questioned about its release, Linda stated that she needs to ask her music company to find out if it will be broadcast in time.

“Linda asked me to help her with the song, because she knows everyone loves Hui Sir and Hailey Kiu. This special version with Hui Sir back alive would be a pleasure for the audience!” Bosco commented.

In terms of the drama’s high viewership ratings, Bosco and Linda said that they do not mind if other dramas such as Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>and The Confidant <大太監> surpass it. “The ranking is not important. The most important thing is that the drama is well received by the audience, and the viewership rating is high. It would be best if every drama has good ratings! It doesn’t necessarily have to claim first place.” Bosco said. Linda agreed and added, “So far, Witness Insecurity is in first place, and we are already very proud of this. Even if another drama surpasses us and puts us in second place, I will still be very happy!”

Celebrating Birthday in the Mountains

Earlier on Wednesday, December 12, Bosco Wong spent his 32nd birthday on the filming set of new TVB drama, A Change of Heart <好心作怪>. He filmed a hiking scene in the mountains with Niki Chow (周麗淇). “I can’t believe I spent my birthday up in the isolated mountains. Yesterday was pretty good though, because I celebrated with the cast. They sang the birthday song and gave me Mara cake.”

When asked if he is lonely with his single status, Bosco replied, “I have lots of company.” But not sweet enough? “Cake is already very sweet. It’s enough!”

Is Bosco looking for a new romantic partner? “My birthday wish is to buy a dream house. Right now, I am working hard to earn money. Hopefully, my wish can come true next year.”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

18 comments to Bosco Wong’s “Hui Sir” Comes Back Alive

1. TN1 says:

I’ve heard it though not sure its d correct one, 1st phrase was:

love possible different ways to…….

(lol help me not an expert here)

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
  2. Vivian says:

THis song make me think that they are having a sequel

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivian
  3. RAYLEILAFAN says:

Bosco and Linda are very underrated this year. I’ve listened to the new version and it feels sadder with Hui sir’s narration.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
  4. Kidd says:

I’m looking forward to listen to this version of the themesong. Bosco and Linda never duet before. It will be refreshing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • nhu replied:

they did do a duet of The Moon Represent My Heart

Login or Register before you can reply to nhu
      • tearfulheart replied:

and that made my ears bleed.

Login or Register before you can reply to tearfulheart
    • RAYLEILAFAN replied:

But they don’t duet. Bosco just narrates a few paragraphs assuming his Hui Sir role.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
  5. Woot says:

WI got the highest rating, yet the series seems to be so low-key in the award show. How odd!

Login or Register before you can reply to Woot
    • kaye replied:

Agree very odd :/

Login or Register before you can reply to kaye
    • Daisy replied:

My guess is this is TVBs doing.. TVB really seems to be promoting Kate and Tavia to win the awards a lot! And they aired this drama too early. Bosco doesn’t really care about the awards since he usually films in Mainland. And there’s not really anyone in the cast they specifically wanted to promote so I guess TVB didn’t care. Well until it got such high ratings XD

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
      • b0nni3 replied:

if tvb didn’t care they wouldn’t take the initiative to make a sequel and going through all the trouble to make him come back alive an record the theme song again with bosco in it, it’s just this year really is kate’s year /tavia and bosco of course cares he just knows this year it isnt his year so he isnt promoting himself so much :p

Login or Register before you can reply to b0nni3
  6. b0nni3 says:

I was looking forward to actually hearing Bosco SING in the song then just talk. Maybe try the little speaking bit AND SINGING?! :p

Login or Register before you can reply to b0nni3
    • Daisy replied:

It says Linda asked Bosco for the duet not TVB and so far there are NO plans for a sequel!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
      • Funn Lim replied:

How can there be a sequel when he died? Or is he on the way of Laughing?

• RAYLEILAFAN replied:

After reading what Linda wrote in her weibo she thanked Bosco, composer Tang Chi Wai and her record company. I think it’s not TVB but her record company do it under Linda’s request! That’s why no MV or sequel but only some narration because no budget, but the feel is good. I like this version!

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
  7. boboe says:

Bosco is just gorg!

Login or Register before you can reply to boboe
  8. Ric says:

I don’t see the purpose of this new version. I would understand more if it was a duet. On a side note, I’ve never realized how melancholy Bosco’s voice can be. It would be interesting to cast Bosco and Linda again if TVB ever decides to make an epic love drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ric
  9. Wai LEE says:

Where do we watch or listen to new version?

Login or Register before you can reply to Wai LEE