Celebrity “Twins”: Jessica Hsuan, Michelle Ye, and Faye Wong

By on September 7, 2010 in Celebrity "Twins", NEWS

Celebrities are most often praised not only for their talents and personalities but also for their unique and extraordinary looks. However if you take a closer look you will realize that, just like us, many of them do look like each other or at least share some very similar features.

From this week onwards, we will explore the similarities between celebrities. Each article will focus on a pair of celebrities. This week, we will focus on Jessica Hsuan, Michelle Ye, and Faye Wong.

Jessica Hsuan and Michelle Ye

Forty-year-old actress, Jessica Hsuan, who has starred in many popular TVB shows, including Sisters of Pearl <掌上明珠> and A Pillow Case of Mystery II <施公奇案>, bears an uncunning reseblance to thirty-year-old actress Michelle Ye, who is currently working on the much anticipated movie Bruce Lee, My Brother with Aarif Lee and Jennifer Tse.

Both Jessica and Michelle have identical big round eyes and similar noses. They both have the same skin color and they even have similar face bone structure. Due to her younger age, Michelle’s face looks brighter and more fresh, while Michelle’s lips are fuller and smaller than Jessica’s lips.

Jessica and Michelle have been compared many times by fans and netizens. The weirdest fact about them? Through Jessica, Michelle met Director Wong Jing and landed a contract with Rich and Famous Talent Management Group Limited. According to Michelle’s Wikipedia entry, after Jessica was unable to film World’s Finest, she recommended to Wong Jing that Michelle take her role as “Hai Tang.” Wong Jing took notice of Michelle and eventually, he offered her a contract with Rich and Famous Talent Management Group Limited.

Jessica Hsuan and Faye Wong

In addition to looking like Michelle Ye, Jessica Hsuan also bears a reseblance to the forty-year-old golden Hong Kong singer, Faye Wong. Even though they do not really share identical facial features, Jessica used to resemble Faye, especially at the beginning of her career when she still had short straight hair. Their eyes also look quite similar, while they are both tall and close at age. Apart from their physical resemblance, Faye and Jessica were both born in August, have the same bloodtype (O), have the same star sign (Leo) and are both 1.71 cm tall.

Miss China: Please try to comment only on the above look-alike pairs. You will be able to comment on other pairs in the upcoming articles.

26 comments to Celebrity “Twins”: Jessica Hsuan, Michelle Ye, and Faye Wong

1. Kidd says:

The one who really resembles Faye Wong is Rachel Kan Mo Wah (簡慕華). Jessica looks nothing like Faye.

“Forty-year-old actress, Jessica Hsuan, who has starred in many popular TVB shows, including Sisters of Pearl and A Pillow Case of Mystery II , bears an uncunning reseblance to thirty-year-old actress Michelle Ye”

It should be the other way around since Jessica is older, join the entertainment circle earlier and became known earlier.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  2. Profile photo of jayne jayne says:

Jessica and Michelle’s facial structure, cheekbones, and proportions are really similar. However, Facial features also change with age. During TVB’s Golden Faith, Michelle was cast as Jessica’s younger sister. I found it to be perfect casting because they probably resembled each other the most during that time frame.

Make-up and hairstyles can have a big effect as well, since they can bring certain facial features into prominence. For example, bangs tend to make cheeks appear fuller and no bangs make a wider forehead and slimmer face. Jessica and Michelle shared similar hairstyles in Golden Faith.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
  3. Thi says:

jessica and michelle look nothing alike,if not wrong michelle have had plastic surgery on her eyes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Thi
  4. tutu says:

Michelle double eye lid is fake. I never heard any rumour of Jessica did plastic surgery. Jessica got the natural beauty.

Login or Register before you can reply to tutu
  5. Irene says:

Personally, I feel that the top above photo of Michelle Ye look more like alike to Charmaine Sheh.

Login or Register before you can reply to Irene

Actually Michelle Ye’s first claim to fame is her looking very much like Jessica and I agree, there was a resemblance, not exactly but they could play sisters convincingly. Charmaine Sheh is only a much later comparison but I would say look harder and yes, they do lookalike especially when Michelle was younger.

Faye Wong? Neither looks like her at all.

Charmaine first foray into acting was her looking like Carina Lau. Remember?

Where did I read that Jessica was rather annoyed at being said that Michelle looks like her? That was much much earlier in Michelle’s career.

8. Kidd says:

Rachel Kan really does look like Faye Wong. Maybe she’s not famous enough, so, not many people notice her. Check out her picture on the net.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  9. Sue says:

I think Michelle Ye looks like Charmaine Sheh in that picture.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sue
  10. Vivien says:

I believe Michelle Ye was casted in Golden Faith as Jessica’s sister because of her resemblance with Jessica.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  11. Bridget says:

Jess doesn’t look anything like Faye, although I agree that Michelle and Jess look a lot alike.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bridget
  12. JN says:

Michelle Ye picture does look like Charmaine Sheh not Jessica.

Login or Register before you can reply to JN
  13. enchanted says:

Michelle looks nothing like Jess. Michelle looks more like Michelle Yeoh

Login or Register before you can reply to enchanted
  14. Aly says:

Agree with you, Kidd. My mom and I both think Rachel Kan looks like Faye Wong, too. I don’t see the resemblance in Faye and Jessica, but I do think Jessica and Michelle look alike.

Login or Register before you can reply to Aly
  15. ME says:

I thought it was Michelle who looks like Maggie Cheung Ho Yee

Login or Register before you can reply to ME
  16. jayzemine says:

I agree, that picture above of Michelle, she looks like Charmaine but I don’t think she looks like Jessica. It was Tavia who looks like Maggie Cheung Ho Yee.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayzemine
  17. colly says:

Yes i think Jessica and Michelle look alike but why add Faye wong to the equation? I think Michelle look like Carina Lau in the above pic.

Login or Register before you can reply to colly
  18. Kim says:

When I first watched Golden Faith, I had no idea who Michelle was then…but I thought “wow, they really do look like sisters.” I don’t think they look too much a like now, but they did 7 years ago.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kim
  19. Masaharu says:

I thought it was Michelle who looks like Maggie Cheung Ho Yee

Tavia looked like Maggie Cheung Ho Yee back then, and because of that she got casted as Maggie’s sister in “Awakening Story”.

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu

I was watching Chan Po Chu the other day and for a moment I thought when did Maggie Cheung Hor Yee aged so much! Chan Po Chu should act in a series and Maggie must be cast as her daughter!

Tavia doesn’t look like Maggie at all except when both started out both were as thin.

21. Rach says:

Funn, you’re right about Chan Po Chu & Maggie Cheung Hor Yee stricking resemblence. Coincidently, Maggie was Chan Po Chu in Old Time Buddies TVB series.

On Tavia, I did read and article few years back that Tavis was the mini Maggie Cheung Hor Yee when she started. Glad to know of late that Tavis has come out of the shadow and just be Tavia.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rach
  22. Aly says:

Speaking of Maggie Cheung ho yee, I also noticed she kind of looks like this veteran Chinese actress Lau Suet Wah.

Login or Register before you can reply to Aly
  23. Anna says:

Michelle Ye actually reminds me of Charmaine Sheh. It has been that way for a long time and they still look alike to me 😐

Login or Register before you can reply to Anna
  24. K2 says:

I am watching a series with Helen Yung (1990 MHK First Runner Up) and she looks and sounds a lot like Jessica!

Login or Register before you can reply to K2
  25. P says:

I personally think michelle ye looks more like the younger michelle yeoh

Login or Register before you can reply to P
  26. loungegirl says:

Are you kidding?? All 3 look nothing alike!! Jessica Hsuan – although I like her as an actress, is not at all pretty; very ordinary in looks. Michelle Ye – meh. Faye Wong will have everyone turning heads.

Login or Register before you can reply to loungegirl