By on May 26, 2016 in NEWS

On Thursday, a Hong Kong tabloid magazine published an “exclusive” report claiming that Myolie Wu’s (胡杏兒) husband, Philip Lee (李乘德), had secretly traveled to Taiwan with an attractive female friend, suggesting cheating rumors. Myolie was also said to have traveled to Taiwan, and paid the pair a “a sudden visit.”

But Philip was very quick to hit back at the tabloid for their hurtful accusations.

“This magazine decides to cut and stick together pictures of us in the hope of selling an ‘exclusive’,” said Philip in a statement he posted on Instagram, his only public social media account, “[and] this time they base their story on a ‘sweet’ trip I enjoyed with my buddy in Taipei. [But] of course they don’t disclose that a whole bunch of my good Taipei friends were also part of the trip.”

Emphasizing that his friend in question is also married, Philip continued, “Such ‘reporting’ on two people who are not only great friends but also have partners is irresponsible and unprofessional. I am more upset for my friend who has been linked into this in a derogatory way. It is NOT fair to her and I have already apologized to her and her husband profusely.”

Philip said Myolie is also good friends with the woman and had been laughing at the report.

“Thank you to this member of the HK media for reminding me that with these stories you are not here to help society,” said Philip.

Nonetheless, the businessman added that the report did not affect his friendship with the woman and he will continue to stay strong so the media will not control his life.

Myolie reposted Philip’s statement on her own social media, adding, “Please believe in love. Stop with the conspiracy theories.”

In a later phone interview, Myolie expressed, “We are all good friends. She already has a husband so do not make stories up. I believe in my husband one hundred percent.”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?

• Myolie Wu Unhappy with Mother-In-Law?(6)
  • Myolie Wu's Son's Face Revealed; Brendan is a Cutie!(5)
  • Myolie Wu's Husband Posts Moving Message for Two-Year Anniversary(1)
  • Myolie Wu Celebrates First Christmas as a Mother(1)
  • Myolie Wu Celebrates 38th Birthday with Family(1)
  • Myolie Wu Shares Son's Photo(15)
  • Myolie Wu Announces Gender of Baby!(3)
  • Myolie Wu Still Working in 8th Month of Pregnancy(0)
  • Myolie Wu Announces Pregnancy on Mother’s Day!(20)
  • Myolie Wu Surprises Philip Lee with Sneaky Kiss(2)

• 13 comments to Cheating Rumors? Myolie Wu’s Husband Slams Tabloid Magazine for Irresponsible Reporting

1. Profile photo of happybi happybi says:

Oh gee.. the media is really out to get Philip. The issue with marrying a celebrity. His every move will be published and with an added twist of course. Just hope they will give them a break. Both seem happy and hope they will continue to be happy.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
      • Profile photo of bubbletea bubbletea replied:

@happybi I hope they can be happy in their marriage too. Kylie and Black broke up, I felt bad for both of them, cause everyone thought that wedding bells were going to chime. Then Kylie started dating Philip and the spark was back in her eyes. There have been persistent rumours of Philip cheating throughout his love life. I know the media can be like a starving Wolfpack , grabbing at any means to survive. In their case, survival means printing lies to sell their stories. However, when a story becomes persistent, like a broken record, it should be given some thought. As disgusting as the media can be, they are times they are so spot on right. I hope they are wrong about this.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • Profile photo of kangaroo kangaroo replied:

@bubbletea who is this philip? the philip lee? what is this – an excerpt from press? or what was once report? or something else?

Login or Register before you can reply to kangaroo
        • Profile photo of happybi happybi replied:

@kangaroo i think @bubbletea is refering myolie as kylie and black as bosco. And that myolie got the spark back in her eyes after she met philip. Phillip is rumor to be a ladyman..hhe was also rumor to be selena li ex….

I know i was one of those that felt sad when myolie and blsco brokeup. Really thought they would get married and was hoping they will get back together. But now myolie is married. Just hope her marriage will go well. They look happy in photos. Just hope what we see is true.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
        • Profile photo of bubbletea bubbletea replied:

@happybi Thank you. My computer is doing strange things, like someone put a curse on it. I wrote Bosco and Myolie, not black and Kylie, yet it came out that way, hmmmmmmm, a bit strange I’d say, hmmmmmmm. It is like someone is trying to sabotage my comments.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • Profile photo of bubbletea bubbletea replied:

@kangaroo you don’t know that Philip is Myolie’s husband. Where are you hiding??!!

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • Profile photo of happybi happybi replied:

@bubbletea i think @kangaroo know philip is myolie hubby. Think she got confused because of the kylie and black error that your computer did. I know i had to read it a few time before realizing that maybe your autocorrect made the mistake on the name! Ha!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
        • Profile photo of kangaroo kangaroo replied:

@happybi Thanks, happybi, for explaining & explaining on my behalf.

Now that the names are sorted out, yes, my same sentiments as bubbletea in her e-mail dated 26 May, 4:37 pm. Sometimes, the rumours are nonsense but many times, it is a case of “you can’t always hide your black linens”

Login or Register before you can reply to kangaroo
        • Profile photo of kangaroo kangaroo replied:

Not a very big friend of myolie but I like the myolie-bosco pairing

Login or Register before you can reply to kangaroo
        • Profile photo of kangaroo kangaroo replied:

correction – “fan”, not “friend”

Login or Register before you can reply to kangaroo
    2. I suggest Myolie and husband sue the media to stop the cranky news on her husband

Login or Register before you can reply to yummysukiyaki
    3. Profile photo of hannah hannah says:

hope the news it not true ! do hope Myolie have a happy marriage .

Login or Register before you can reply to hannah
    4. Profile photo of isay isay says:

That woman has a hot bod! I’d be worried especially with Philip’s reputation.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay