Current and Former EXO Members Are Some of China’s Most Expensive Singers

By on December 1, 2017 in NEWS

Current and Former EXO Members Are Some of China’s Most Expensive Singers

The “little fresh meats” are dominating China’s music industry.

Recently, a photo featuring a list of celebrity appearance fees leaked on the Internet, showing that the Chinese entertainment industry is in the midst of transitioning to a new generation.

Zhang Yixing (Lay)

According to this list, which appears to be for the Star Night of Mr. Inke <央客先生星光夜> event, former EXO member Kris Wu (吴亦凡), who shot to national fame following his appearance in The Rap of China <中国有嘻哈>, is charging 3.2 million yuan per appearance. That is more than half of the asking price for Mandopop giant Jay Chou (周杰倫), who charges 1.2 million yuan per appearance. Other famous Taiwanese pop stars of Jay’s generation, such as Jolin Tsai (蔡依林) and Wilber Pan (潘瑋柏), also earn less than their younger competitors.

Lu Han (鹿晗), another former member of EXO, is asking 2.8 million yuan per appearance. Fellow former EXO member Huang Zitao (黄子韬) charges 2.65 million yuan. EXO’s current member Zhang Yixing (张艺兴), also known by the stage name Lay, earns 2.3 million yuan per appearance.

Though the validity of the list is being questioned, netizens believe that it isn’t far off from the truth.

Check out some of the names below:

Kris Wu – 3.2 million yuan (China)
Yang Mi – 3.1 million yuan (China)
Lu Han – 2.8 million yuan (China)
Huang Zitao – 2.65 million (China)
Zhang Yixing (EXO’s Lay) – 2.3 million yuan (China/Korea)
G.E.M. – 1.8 million yuan (Hong Kong)
Li Ronghao – 1.8 million yuan (China)
PG One – 1.8 million yuan (China)
Jolin Tsai – 1.4 million yuan (Taiwan)
Jay Chou – 1.2 million yuan (Taiwan)
Joker Xue – 1.2 million yuan (China)
Vision Wei – 1.2 million yuan (China)
Wilber Pan – 800,000 yuan (Taiwan)
Rainie Yang – 650,000 yuan (Taiwan)
Angela Chang – 600,000 yuan (Taiwan)
Ju Jingyi (SNH48) – 400,000 (China)
Xu Fei – 200,000 yuan (China)

Source: HK01.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

11 comments to Current and Former EXO Members Are Some of China’s Most Expensive Singers

1. Profile photo of hayden hayden says:

Indirectly thanks to the fame gained during their kpop days and now they are enjoying the fruits back in their homeland.

Definitely their price for appearance is worth more than Jay Chou since he is now a bit off season being married and a father of 2.

With such earnings in such young age, won’t be surprise their income is more than Jay Chou and even kpop king G Dragon.

Login or Register before you can reply to hayden
  2. Profile photo of m0m0 m0m0 says:

they do have their draw. for many younger girls, they are very attractive given their looks and dance skills.

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
  3. Profile photo of karina karina says:

Almost all of them are flower boys lol. Wonder how they’ll look when they are 40-50 years old.

Login or Register before you can reply to karina
  4. Profile photo of msxie0714 msxie0714 says:

They’ve been the subject of heavy criticism in China lately as being unreasonably overpaid and heavily lacking in acting skills.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
  5. Profile photo of mi88 mi88 says:

Yay! GEM is the first HK female who has the highest earnings! ^^ (according to this list)

Login or Register before you can reply to mi88
  6. Profile photo of dramas4me dramas4me says:

I hope I’m wrong, but I always feel that Kris Wu looks arrogant in most of his pictures.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
    • Profile photo of akinu akinu replied:

@dramas4me i always felt that about him as well. personally, i think Exo in general are overhyped and overpaid.

Login or Register before you can reply to akinu
      • Profile photo of dramas4me dramas4me replied:

@akinu Thanks! Yay!!! I’m not the only feeling that way about Kris Wu. I also feel the same way with Huang Zitao. I do like Lu Han. He looks sweet and friendly.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
    • Profile photo of m0m0 m0m0 replied:

@dramas4me
      if you pay attention to their news. Z.tao has been known to be arrogant. you will notice it too if you dig up his videos on youtube.
      Cris looks snobbish but he’s more personable if you look up his videos.

one in particular that i remember if that back in their exo days. they invited 4 members, luhan, cris, z-tao and one other member on stage. a little girl got the honor to give each of them a kiss. z.tao was the last one in line, and after the girl kissed him, he wiped it off his fact in front of the mirror like he was disgusted. cris and luhan were okay, they looked happy.

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
      • Profile photo of dramas4me dramas4me replied:

@m0m0

Thank you for the information. I didn’t know that. I don’t care for him, so I don’t pay attention to his news. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
      • Profile photo of akinu akinu replied:

@dramas4me SAME! that’s why I had to reply to agree because I have been feeling the same.

I personally don’t like either or. I agree that Zitao is especially arrogant from what I have seen on talk shows and all. Kris seems arrogant in pictures but seems a little more down to earth (ish) in talk shows. LuHan definitely gives me the most down to earth vibe (but still doesnt change the fact that I still think all 3 are quite overrated xD)

Login or Register before you can reply to akinu