Damian Lau Denies Extramarital Affair

By on November 4, 2012 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

The second week of Anniversary drama, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>, has just completed airing, and some of the audience are already saving their votes to choose Damian Lau (劉松仁) for TVB Best Actor this year.

At a promotional event for the drama on Saturday, Damian expressed that he has no interest in winning Best Actor, and stated that having the chance to act is satisfaction enough.

The premiere week of Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles received a less than stellar response from the Hong Kong audience. On November 4, the drama’s cast, including Damian Lau, Tavia Yeung (楊怡), Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Ron Ng (吳卓羲), Rebecca Zhu (朱晨麗), andElena Kong (江美儀) attended a promotional event for the drama.

Now tagged as a dark horse candidate for this year’s TV King race, Damian expressed that he has no interest in winning the award. He said, “I don’t need icing on the cake. People are cautious of fame, as pigs are cautious of becoming fat. Being able to act is all I need, and I just want to enjoy that process.”

Earlier, the ending spoilers of Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles were leaked online. Damian calmly said, “Knowing the ending is no use. We have to know why and how it comes to that ending.”

Damian also remarked that TVB has not invited him to film a new drama. “How about you guys (the press) help me out. I am willing to do any kind of role!”

Damian Lau Laughs at Romantic Rumors

A tabloid magazine recently revealed that Damian has hooked up with a woman in her thirties. The magazine snapped a picture of the woman grasping onto Damian’s arm. When she spotted the reporters, she immediately released Damian and stepped into the building by herself.

Damian laughed, “She is my friend’s daughter! Those pictures were taken from earlier this year, around February or March. As she was pregnant, I supported her.  She is already a mother now! These rumors are hilarious, but they’re not too bad. They can help me promote the drama!”

Sources: Sina.com.hk, Sina.com.hk

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Should you wish to share this article, we recommend that you: (i) link directly to the article at JayneStars.com on your website; or (ii) share this article link via social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

14 comments to Damian Lau Denies Extramarital Affair

1. Berry says:

Very good acting from this guy!! He deserves the Best Actor award if the award is indeed for best acting!

Login or Register before you can reply to Berry
  2. momo says:

He’s doing a good job in SSSS. I hope Damian wins too!

Login or Register before you can reply to momo
  3. Manglodinho says:

I think he deserves the TV King award. He also helped out with the scripts, a pretty talented actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to Manglodinho
  4. Ray says:

better than Raymond Lam in HAL? I have not watched HAL yet. And what about Wayne Lai in The Confidant? Heard a lot of praises for Wayne too but cannot compare until watched it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ray
  5. Hannahh says:

I got my finger cross for Damian to wins , he’s so charming and an excellent actor. I’m only 25 but i’m in love with a 63yrs old man hahaha i just admired Damian.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  6. Berry says:

Damian and Ray are in a different league in the first place and thus, they should not be compared =p i.e., Damian’s acting is far more superior

Login or Register before you can reply to Berry
    • happybi replied:

Totally agree! Damian’s acting is far more superior!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
      • TVBaddict replied:

Damien’s acting is definitely far more superior but he has been acting these same kind of roles for soooo many years. His acting is superb- I agree however I have seen those facial expression of his far too many times. I think this time it’s either Ray or Wayne. As much as I love Damien’s acting- I’m not voting for him this year. Too repetitive.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBaddict
  7. Michelle says:

Definitely Damian better.Loves him in those iconic roles in “Point of no return”, hard fate

Login or Register before you can reply to Michelle
  8. bizzybody says:

He’s definitely one of those that still looks good even though he’s in his 60s. I like his acting too, so really hope he wins.

Login or Register before you can reply to bizzybody
  9. Charbydis says:

I have never thought of Damian as a handsome guy, even when he was younger, but I was always drawn to his onscreen charisma and offscreen attitude. I love his professionalism. And he is so fit and energetic for 63.

Support both him and Wayne Lai to go for TV King. Can’t see Bosco or Moses or Ray going anyway near these two’s performances for the final prize.

Login or Register before you can reply to Charbydis
  10. Munkimui says:

Damian is 63? Thats my dad’s age! Moses is not good to begin with. Bosco is trying to hard. Ray Lam always show the same face. No matter how hard he tries, he just dont seem natural. Wayne is excellent, Damian i remebered he’s a good actor! Cant remember much of his dramas except for drive of life. Havent have time to watch any of these dramas to comment!

Login or Register before you can reply to Munkimui
  11. Lily says:

Damian is like fine wine…I first watched him with Lisa Wang in some really sad drama ‘Keng Wah Chun Mong’. My mom cried buckets over that series. I was only a teen then and had a huge crush on him. As someone said, he isn’t conventionally good-looking but he is a great actor and doesn’t have to depend on scandals and silly news to promote himself. Same goes for people like Wayne Lai. Hope they get their rightful dues :-)

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
  12. nick says:

damian should walk away tvb king sure win haha

Login or Register before you can reply to nick