JayneStars.com logo

Denise Ho Refuses to Forgive Joey Yung and Wilfred Lau’s “Betrayal”

By on June 28, 2012

Denise Ho Refuses to Forgive Joey Yung and Wilfred Lau’s “Betrayal” thumbnail

The love triangle involving Joey Yung (容祖兒), Denise Ho (何韻詩), and Wilfred Lau (劉浩龍) has been the hottest gossip in Hong Kong over the last week. Denise allegedly felt betrayed that her rumored “ex-lovers” were now dating each other. Appearing haggard at a Macau function yesterday, Denise refused to send blessings to Joey and Wilfred in their new relationship. She also declined to respond whether their friendship can be salvaged.

After Wilfred Lau issued his love declaration that he was dating Joey Yung, Denise wrote angrily on Weibo that she felt as if she were “knifed through the organs,” indicating the betrayal by friends. Rumored to have dated Joey for the last 5 years, Denise has been in low spirits since finding out about the new romance at Joey’s 32nd birthday party.

Denise Still Emotionally Hurt

With her eyes slightly puffy, Denise smiled reluctantly as she answered the media’s questions yesterday.  Asked about her current spirits, Denise dodged the question. She said that her blog contents reflected her feelings at that time. “These are very personal matters. I never considered that the turn of events would develop in this manner.”

Asked whether she will send her blessings to Joey and Wilfred in their new romance, Denise recoiled in surprise. She said, “Huh?” and quickly changed the topic. Although she was friends with Joey and Wilfred for almost a decade, Denise may be unable to trust them again after being hurt so deeply.

Denise said, “Let me put it this way, I have always handled my past rumors and relationships in a low profile. I will never explain to the public. I understand everyone’s concern, but I hope that you will understand my situation. I do not wish to respond and cause further speculation or distortion of my words, leading to a never-ending cycle.”

Asked whether Denise was still friends with Joey and Wilfred, she did not answer directly. Denise said, “I have answered all the questions that I need to answer at the moment.” Intensely valuing her privacy, Denise vowed that this will be the last time that she will directly respond to the matter.

Denise Ho A Love Victim?

Rumors circulated that Denise Ho and Joey Yung had already broken up at the end of last year. Denise was romantically linked to Jia Bao Yu <賈寶玉> costar, Deng Jiuyun (鄧九雲) at the beginning of 2012. Asked to comment on her ties with Deng Jiuyun, Denise said, “I am unable to respond to so many questions.”

Denise has been criticized for intentionally appearing as a love victim and to generate publicity for herself. Denise dismissed speculations that her hurt feelings were an act to gain public sympathy, vowing to face the negative rumors in a positive manner.

Joey Yung in Good Spirits

Joey Yung was spotted at the Shanghai airport yesterday. Glowing under her new love relationship with Wilfred Lau, Joey refused to respond over EEG Chairman, Albert Yeung’s (楊受成) criticism that Wilfred Lau was a very “stupid” man.

Joey said, “The people who care about me the most simply wish that I find happiness.”

Source: Oriental Daily

Jayne: Denise looks quite dejected and unable to accept the recent turn of events. Overall, I think she is a forgiving person, so it will be a matter of time that she will forgive and accept that Joey and Wilfred are now together.

Tags: , , ,

• Albert Yeung: “Wilfred Lau Is So Stupid!”(9)
  • The Reasons Behind Joey Yung and Denise Ho’s Break Up(31)
  • Joey Yung to Celebrate Her Birthday with Her Boss(3)
  • Joey Yung Pays for Wilfred Lau's Travel Expenses(27)
  • Top Ten Hong Kong Entertainment News of 2012(13)
  • Denise Ho: "I Dated a Boy, But Didn't Like It!"(52)
  • Wilfred Lau Responds on Joey Yung and Denise Ho's Controversy(29)
  • Denise Ho Refuses to Clarify Joey Yung's Bisexuality Speculations(70)
  • Wilfred Lau Miserable on His Birthday Without Joey Yung(14)
  • Denise Ho Has New Girlfriend? Denise Criticized in Acting as Love Victim(36)

• Readers' Comments (24)

1. Hannahh says:

I feel so sorry for Denise what she been thru, but do hope she can forgive Joey.

2. HeTieShou says:

3. HeTieShou says:

I think she may forgive them with time, however, can she completely forget it is another issue.

4. samlun says:

I don’t understand her. If Joey and Wilfred are single, of course they can date. Denise is just an ex. People have right to date whoever they want after they break up with their ex.
      Denise really makes the matter worse. Stop acting pitiful in front of people.

• Nelly says:

Thank You samlun!
        I somewhat understand her pain but her reaction to the news made what was at that time happy news for Joey into something very awkward. Plus, she also gave the hungry media more drama to create.

• TVBFanatic says:

Agreed… it’s a pity ploy that fails imho. Just makes her look petty and childish.

• LCK says:

My sentiments exactly. Does Denise assume whoever she dated to remain a nun.. weird

5. chompontvb says:

i think goo being big hearted will forgive them in time, but forgive does not equal forget. the hurt will remain for a long long time

That is a terrible picture of Denise.

I don’t see the issue. Usually I do but this one..

1. each party has broken up with respective party and they were all amicable

2. neither is dating either at this moment

so why is she hurt? I will say why. Blast me if you will but maybe she felt betrayed Joey is now back to dating men and she doesn’t like that fact? I doubt Denise loves Wilfred. Her gender choice is obvious. She can’t be hurt because they are dating one another but maybe because they never told her. But why hurt in such a situation? It is not like joey and wilfred cheated on her or something like that.

• kenny says:

Neither do I see any specific issue that caused someone to feel terribly hurt from the info provided.

One the other hand, we don’t really know the real details. Maybe gay couple have their own peculiarities – perhaps Denise and Joey had made a vow to be a couple or remain single forever, and thus Denise felt betrayed.

• HeTieShou says:

I am guessing that there may be more to it than we have heard. Of course as the general audience, we only know so much. I think Denise and maybe even Joey have other things going on that they just do not want to share or reveal. Otherwise, I really wonder why Denise is reacting in this way???

• Curious cat says:

Totally Agree. Just get over it already plueezz, she is coming across as the petty one and a sore loser to me

• gold4canada says:

wilfred was hocc’s best friend. no way he didn’t know how she felt about joey. hocc seems more angry at wilfred than joey. i think it’s perfectly reasonable. he stole his best friend’s girlfriend. and all in the name of publicity and self-promotion too.

• TVBFanatic says:

You can’t steal anything if they weren’t dating in the first place. All comments/reports suggest that none of them were dating anyone when all this went down.

Well, except for Denise who was dating Deng…. and yet Denise is crying the most?

7. chompontvb says:

i think goo being big hearted will forgive them in time, but forgive does not mean forget. the hurt will remain for a long long time

8. Cherry says:

this media with afspot.net is completely different written.

9. elin says:

maybe shes upset tht joeys bck wth man…

10. Jen says:

Even though we will never know the full story, I can understand Denise’s hurt and anger. She seems like a very passionate person with a big-heart, someone who values friendship and loyalty. Frankly, she’s someone who I’d want as a friend.

Whether or not Joey and Denise’s relationship was more than platonic friendship, no one can deny that they seemed to have a special bond and were best friends for a very long time. The way Denise reacted, leads me to believe theirs was more than a “just friends” relationship. If I were put in the same position, I too would feel very betrayed, especially by Wilfred, who as the middle person, had to have known best how the other two felt. Dating your best friend’s ex should be a big no-no. I don’t think Denise would be as hurt if Joey dated someone else, like that Heison guy, it’s that she’s now with Wilfred that’s like a twist of the knife. I think the fact that she’s unfollowed Wilfred on Weibo, but still follows Joey is telling. Maybe she feels that Wilfred took advantage of Joey’s emotional state to make his move even while knowing the two have lingering feelings?

Eh, I shouldn’t speculate, because who really knows. I just feel bad for Denise, and I don’t think she’s being pitiful or using this to gain sympathy. She doesn’t seem like the type of person to do that. Plus, she’s already said her piece, and I don’t think we’ll hear more from her. The sad part in all of this is the potential lost of Joey and Denise’s friendship. That must hurt. I don’t understand Joey at all, actually. On a shallow note, if you’re gonna sacrifice your friendship, at least do it for a better looking guy. Wilfred is ugly and seems like a useless character, always tagging along with his more famous and successful friends. Whatever makes them happy, I guess. I hope that long-term, the friendship is salvageable even though it will never be the same. You will never be able to trust that person the same way again.

• lilchar says:

so agree! Maybe it’s not a big deal to some, of it’s a big deal to a lot of people, you just don’t date your homie/bff’s ex. That’s a big no in bro/sis code. It doesn’t matter which gender you like.

• HeTieShou says:

As you have said, we really do not know the whole story so who really knows what really happened? The general picture that we get is that Denise was betrayed by Joey and Wilfred. But on the other hand, we heard or assumed that Joey and Denise have already broken up. IF that were the case, then Joey and Wilfred have the right to date so we all still wonder why Denise is so upset??? There are many unanswered questions that we may never know the answer to.

Also when it comes to liking or loving someone, their looks should not matter. The feelings that you, compatibility, emotional connections and many other things are more important than physical looks. Therefore, it does not matter how Wilfred looks at all. We also don’t know if it is Joey and Wilfred who hurt Denise or if it is just Denise being petty or engulfing herself in pity. We really do not know and should not just side with Denise and blame Joey and Wilfred. That would not be fair at all. Also, when it comes to love, can we be rational just like with other things??? You really wonder..,

• Funn Lim says:

“Whether or not Joey and Denise’s relationship was more than platonic friendship, no one can deny that they seemed to have a special bond and were best friends for a very long time.”

Jen, they were obviously lesbian lovers. Call a spade a spade.

“Even though we will never know the full story, I can understand Denise’s hurt and anger”

I still don’t unless either one cheated on her when they were together.

” I just feel bad for Denise, and I don’t think she’s being pitiful or using this to gain sympathy. ”

Neither do I. I just feel this is a reaction from someone who losses of control of things, when she wants to be in control.

“I hope that long-term, the friendship is salvageable even though it will never be the same. You will never be able to trust that person the same way again.”

That is if they cheated on her behind her back. If it was a clean break what is the fuss about? She should learn to be more big hearted. But if they cheated, I understand her hurt. And that is why if you want to be friends don’t jump into bed with your best friends. Friends with benefits do not work. Former lovers as best friends is ok that is until they start dating your best friend or other former lover. This story clearly illustrates that doesn’t it?

11. josie says:

Denise seemed to be in a better mood when she was taking the ferry to macau. Then at the event, she looks all sad again. I partially blame whoever made her wear that head to toe orange outfit. Poor hocc.

12. lol says:

What a bad picture of Denise

13. LeeAnn says:

Denise, orange doesn’t work too well with you BUT you have all rights to get the media back with your playfullness :)

You also have all the rights to be mad at those two (until you cool down). You have the right to be yourself. No matter what, your fans are behind you all the way (if you read this comment).