Donnie Yen Almost Got KO’d by Mike Tyson

By on November 14, 2015 in Movies, NEWS

Donnie Yen Almost Got KO’d by Mike Tyson

The highly-anticipated martial arts film Ip Man 3 <葉問3> will be fighting its ways to theaters this Christmas in Hong Kong. The movie, which brings back Donnie Yen (甄子丹) as the wing chun master Ip Man, continues Ip Man’s story in 1950’s Hong Kong and revolves around his meeting with Sum Nung (Zhang Jin 張晉), another wing chun practitioner.

The upcoming movie also stars the American “boxing king” Mike Tyson in his first action film. In the movie, Mike Tyson plays a property developer who is also a skilled street fighter. He will fight fist-to-fist with Donnie’s Ip Man, and fans will get the chance to see how a western fighter and a wing chun master battle it out in the boxing ring.

Mike Tyson fractured his finger when shooting their fight scene earlier this year, but Donnie himself almost got knocked out too. In a recent making-of feature released by Pegasus Motion Pictures, Donnie was seen trying to dodge Mike Tyson’s quick fists, and almost got knocked down. Donnie looked speechless afterwards. “Wow!” he said.

Donnie, a self-proclaimed fan of Mike Tyson, said, “He is the undisputed boxing king, so there’s lot of pressure having to fight him, because if you are not careful enough, he can really KO you. He’s also really fast. When he punched at me, I totally felt his fist grazed through my hair.”

Mike Tyson, who has always been a fan of the Ip Man films, said, “It’s my first time in an action film, so I’m taking [Donnie’s] lead and learning from him, listening to what he’s instructing me to do.”

Besides using wing chun against boxing, Ip Man will also use his practice to fight against a Muay Thai boxer (Sarut Khanwilai). At the end of the film, Ip Man will have a historic fight against another wing chun master, Sum Nung.

Source: stheadline.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

8 comments to Donnie Yen Almost Got KO’d by Mike Tyson

1. Profile photo of ivan ivan says:

Can’t wait !

Login or Register before you can reply to ivan
  2. Profile photo of kolo kolo says:

cant want!!

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  3. Profile photo of kira kira says:

Can’t wait for this too :DD

Login or Register before you can reply to kira
  4. Profile photo of dook dook says:

The latest trailer and this making of sure sells the hype. I just hope Tyson will have less dialogue scenes and more build-up on his epic fight scene(s).

Login or Register before you can reply to dook
  5. Profile photo of mike mike says:

look at the size difference. Donnie is already very muscular for a Chinese guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to mike
  6. Profile photo of elizabeth elizabeth says:

Oh Yeah! With so many Ip Man out, only Donnie’s seems to have left an impression with me. Can’t wait.

Login or Register before you can reply to elizabeth
  7. Tyson was a beast but shame scandals and his poor sportsmanship messed up his boxing career. He shows a lot more humility and have become more modest these days in comparison to his youthful days. Definitely worth watching just him and Donnie Yen going at it.

Login or Register before you can reply to gingermessiah
  8. Profile photo of sherla1019 sherla1019 says:

I honestly haven’t watch any part of Ip Man but this one I’m gonna watch not because of Tyson cause of the other artist in it and the trailer attracted me hehe

Login or Register before you can reply to sherla1019