JayneStars.com logo

Gaile Lok Comments on Divorce with Leon Lai

By on November 2, 2012

Gaile Lok Comments on Divorce with Leon Lai thumbnail

On November 1, Gaile Lok (樂基兒) made her first public appearance at a Marc Jacobs event after announcing her divorce with Leon Lai (黎明) approximately one month ago. When the reporters asked Gaile about her divorce from Leon, she immediately broke down into tears, and she had to be excused from the press for ten minutes.

When Gaile calmed down, the press was invited backstage so Gaile could be interviewed in a more private setting.

Gaile stated, “Leon and I have been legally separated for quite some time already. I want to clarify again that everything that was reported in gossip magazines are not true. If I were able to talk in detail about our divorce papers with everyone, then there would not have been so many false reports. Because of the law, and for the respect of Leon, I cannot divulge the divorce terms. However, I assure you that our divorce had nothing to do with a third party. I also do not own any of the boats or cars that were mentioned in the gossip reports.”

When Gaile was in her lowest spirits, she went to the United States and stayed with her parents for some time. She returned to Hong Kong with a refreshed and focused mindset, and expressed that she does not want to be associated with Leon anymore. “From now on, I want people to see my work as my work. Everything I do should not be associated with Leon anymore, and similarly, everything that Leon does should have nothing to do with me. I hope everyone will respect this and not make everything so complicated.”

It was previously rumored that Leon paid an astronomical amount for spousal support and other assets to Gaile through their divorce. Regarding these rumors, Gaile took a deep breath and confidently said, “I really want to clarify again that I am not as bad as how the gossip magazines reported. I am just like any other regular person, who wants to do my job well and save enough money to buy the things I want to buy. So I hope everyone will stop writing false reports about us. It is unfair to both Leon and I.”

Gaile also added, “I’m sure everyone knows that Leon does not like to give responses to such questions, so this will be our response [about the divorce].”

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: ,

• Gaile Lok Has Plans to Wed Again(53)
  • Leon Lai Parties With Female Admirers at Music Concert(2)
  • Leon Lai Kept His Father’s Death a Secret for Half a Year(8)
  • Leon Lai on Ex-Wife Gaile Lok: "Not Enemies, But No Longer Friends"(36)
  • Gaile Lok is Broke After Divorce(74)
  • Gaile Lok Freaks Out At the Mention of Rumored Boyfriend(10)
  • Gaile Lok to Remarry This Year?(28)
  • Leon Lai Apologizes to Gaile Lok in New Single, “I Can Forget You”(73)
  • Top Ten Hong Kong Entertainment News of 2012(13)
  • Divorced Gaile Lok Happily Enjoys Freedom and Wealth(74)

• Readers' Comments (18)

1. looooooooooooooo says:

gold digger

2. snoopy says:

“From now on, I want people to see my work as my work. Everything I do should not be associated with Leon anymore…”

If SHE wasn’t married to or ‘associate’ with Leon, who the hell would know her?? She milked her association with Leon at every chance she got. Don’t take us for a fool!

3. yxm says:

Is that just a bad picture or does she have some sort of scar on her arm in the pic above?

Translates to “He paid me USD10million but I just wanted USD9.9million. I am not greedy since you know i am young and he is old and I deserve the money”

• summer says:

Do you know Gaile Lok or Leon Lai on a personal level??? None of the readers here does and NEITHER does you, so stop speculating such rubbish like this.

5. Lucia says:

In that picture, Galie looks very tan.

6. Rambling Mind says:

Gaile Croc…. oooppppsss, I mean Gaile Lok looks ugly.

7. dd says:

A woman’s tears….is one of the most deadly weapons in this world.

8. Michael says:

A typical case of marrying a rich man, divorce him for his money, and then hook up with a younger man. Maybe even happened before the divorce.

9. Poppy says:

I never liked her; right from the start and thought Leon was much too good for her. This divorce thing has not come as a surprise. Maybe now he can find someone far worthy of him – good luck Leon!!

10. sandcherry says:

In the first place, I think Leon Lai should not have married her. Gaile is so much younger than Leon, and was brought in the States. The culture will surely not be the same, plus the age generation gap.

11. Jack says:

Nobody knows Leon or Gaile so enough with the badmouthing!

• Icetea_td says:

Totally agree, leave them alone, I don’t think anybody in this world wants to have divorce including them, it’s just they couldn’t work out their relationship.

12. Soggi says:

Agreed! Only 8 Poh like to gossip so much

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription