JayneStars.com logo

Him Law and Mandy Wong Share Bed Scene in “Divas in Distress”

By on September 18, 2012

Him Law and Mandy Wong Share Bed Scene in “Divas in Distress” thumbnail

The cast of TVB comedy, Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽…>, attended a celebratory dinner to commend the rising ratings for the drama. The average viewership rating increased to 31 points last week, averaging 1.98 million viewers per episode. Thursday’s episode also peaked to 35 points, at 2.25 million viewers. The episode also had an extremely high rate on the appreciation index, with 98%.

Eliza Sam: “Christine Kuo is the True Goddess!”

Among the fresh new stars that earned popularity through Divas in Distress is 2010 Miss Chinese International winner, Eliza Sam (岑麗香). Many Hong Kong male viewers dubbed Eliza to be the new generation “Goddess,” replacing past bachelor favorite, Christine Kuo (苟芸慧).

Eliza thanked the fans’ support and recognition, but humbly said, “Only Christine Kuo is the true Goddess!”

During the filming of Divas in Distress, Eliza was briefly rumored to be sending electric currents to costar, Chin Ka Lok (錢嘉樂). Eliza laughed in retrospect, “I’m really scared of seeing him now! I get really embarrassed!” Asked if Chin Ka Lok’s girlfriend, Angela Tong (湯盈盈), was jealous of the rumors, Eliza said that not only was Angela not jealous, she was also very supportive of Eliza, and told her to not worry too much about the rumors.

Thirty-seven-year-old Angela is currently pregnant with her first child with Chin Ka Lok. Asked if Angela is going through a period of mood swings, Chin Ka Lok joked, “Not at all! In fact, she’s always asking me if I want to eat anything so she can buy it for me! I feel like I’m the pregnant one!” Chin Ka Lok also said that he did not mind if the baby was a boy or a girl, but after a moment of thought, he said that he would prefer if it were a girl.

Him Law Naked with Mandy Wong; Koo Ming Wah is the Next Late Bloomer

Him Law (羅仲謙) and Mandy Wong’s (黃智雯) relationship in the drama is also receiving a lot of attention from viewers. He revealed that in the coming episodes, he will have a bed scene with Mandy, in which he will appear to be naked. However, he asserted that he was wearing pants when filming the scene.

Him also praised his costar, Koo Ming Wah (古明華), who portrays “So Gay,” Him’s older godbrother in the drama. Koo Ming Wah is currently a hot favorite to win Best Supporting Actor at the TVB Anniversary Awards this year.

Him told the press, “Koo Ming Wah is a natural talent. I’ve learned a lot about acting from him, and I feel very safe when I do scenes with him.”

Koo Ming Wah became an overnight sensation with the ongoing broadcast of Divas in Distress, but it did not take him just a few years to do it. Koo Ming Wah joined TVB in 1990. He is an alumnus from The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, and was a member of the Hong Kong Repertory Theatre. Suffering from a poor on-screen career, Koo Ming Wah decided to join TVB’s voice acting team in 2010. With the success of Divas in Distress, Koo Ming Wah may become the next Mak Cheung Ching (麥長青), another late bloomer in the television industry.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• Review: "Divas in Distress" (By Funn)(87)
  • Liza Wang and Gigi Wong Overshadowed by Supporting Actors in “Divas in Distress”(29)
  • What to Watch in 2014 Hong Kong Dramas(64)
  • Results of "2012 Best of TVB Awards" @ JayneStars.com(78)
  • Kate Tsui and Wayne Lai to Win TV Queen and TV King?(159)
  • “Divas in Distress” Ending Spoilers Revealed!(73)
  • Synopsis of “Divas in Distress” Starring Liza Wang and Gigi Wong(12)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • [STYLE] TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2013(62)
  • Chilam Cheung and Linda Chung Win TV King and TV Queen at TVB Stars Awards Malaysia 2013(276)

• Readers' Comments (59)

Koo Ming Wah was very memorable.

As for this Him Law-Mandy Wong couple story, let me just say I am glad finally they’re jumping into bed. Because I was bored with the “I don’t deserve you, go away” Mandy and “But I don’t care” Him. It was going around in circles and it stopped being romantic when she kept rejecting him, he kept running after her.

• Anon says:

I love Koo Ming Wah’s acting too. When I read his interviews, I’m surprised to know he’s been in this industry quite long because I don’t remember noticing him before ‘So Gei’.

• llwy12 says:

@Funn: Agreed regarding Him and Mandy….I liked their relationship at first, but then it started getting too torturous. Oh by the way, if you’re bored with the ‘running around in circles’ aspect of their relationship — well, get ready because ***SPOILERS**** there’s more of that to come in the last 4 episodes (or, as TVB Weekly Magazine puts it, the last 2 episodes spanning 2 hours each).

On another note — I’m so glad Koo Ming Wah is finally getting recognition after 17 years of most people not even knowing he existed! He’s a great actor but just never had much luck with his career….and after reading the 6 interviews that he did recently with various Media outlets, my respect for him just went up several notches. I look forward to seeing more of him on TV!

2. Anon says:

“Eliza Sam: “Christine Kuo is the True Goddess!”

I think I heard Eliza repeated this many times already :D

• sandcherry says:

Eliza Sam is a very nice person with a sincere personality, and she knows how to present herself nicely.

When people asked Christine Kuo to comment on Eliza’s better Cantonese, she said that it should be the same as both of them were from overseas.

Why didn’t Eliza say that “both Christine and herself were true goddesses as both of them were Miss Chinese International? Instead, Eliza repeated many times that “Christine Kuo is the True Goddess!”

• Agnes Tan says:

Eliza anytime better than Christine Kuo

3. EL says:

I really dislike this movie. The whole plot doesnt make sense and is boring.

4. Lol says:

Mandy was wrong for this role…or maybe it’s her acting…very unnatural.

• elle says:

agree, its kinda both. miscasting and unable to portray the character convincingly. kindof a waste.

him however, did relatively good job. i had to laugh how he talks about commitment and stuf. :)

• Anon says:

I don’t feel anything for Mandy’s character and I like watching Eliza more but I like Him’s character. He’s cute and is good looking.

5. Sand says:

I saw koo ming wah in a rerun episode of ghetto justice 1.. I kept staring at the judge then i suddenly realised… “so gay ”

He did such a good job with the so gay character that i cannot see him when he does
      Other characters. Heee..

6. AC says:

I loved Mandy and Him together in Suspects in Love, wanted them to get together in Tiger Cubs, but I totally hate this couple here. I just don’t find their relationship sweet at all.

• Addy says:

I haven’t really been watching this, but of the few episodes I have seen, they seem to be in a pretty abusive relationship – Him yelling at Mandy for really no reason at all, and Mandy being such a dragger by not really accepting him or rejecting him. Eh… not really my kind of relationship. But I really like Him/Mandy as a pairing, so I’m in that situation where I have to just move on and watch them lol

But yes to Suspects in Love! Loved them in there. Also really liked their sexual tension in Tiger Cubs.

• AC says:

Exactly! If you replace Him with an uglier actor, than I’m sure more people will agree that it’s kinda creepy. lol

• Jen says:

AC, it’s exactly how it would be if you replaced Robert Pattinson/ Edward in Twilight with some not so good looking actor.

• amadilo says:

For AC n Jen, if u replaced HIM by ugly man, Mandy will run away coz HIM is so handsome tht’s why worth dragging or even get scoled lol …..

• salamander says:

I like them in Tiger Cubs and Suspects of Love too, but not here. I like Eliza Sam here.

7. Hannahh says:

So Gay is da best! haha

Eliza is tooo cute and sweet!

For some reason i don’t see any chemistry btwn Him Him n Mandy in the series. I do like them both.

8. Kidd says:

So fast, people have already forgotten the fat tenant in ‘No Good Either Way’ who was also a sensation during the time of airing of No Good.

Will we see more of similar characters in TVB series in the future?

• Funn Lim says:

I didn’t. In fact I thought So Kei is him until I looked again. I am still chuckling over the fact he was the stern magistrate in Ghetto Justice! It is times like these when such supporting actors are given such roles to play and play them well which makes me smile.

• snoopy says:

I haven’t. the minute I saw ‘So Gay’ I immediately thought of the fat tenant in ‘No Good Either Way’. He was more natural but ‘so gay’ is okay as well.

9. irene says:

i love these 2 couples, him n mandy very,very much. 1 is handsome and the girl is charming. They acted very, very well when both of them exchanging of words, arguing, giving negative comments about each other. It really happens in our real life when we start to have chemistry with someone we like!! I want to see them going to Tokyo together (not Mandy n Apple) Give them a happy ending, please! How nice if Him make Mandy pregnant. he, he he…..

10. Agnes Tan says:

Him Law and Mandy such a sweet couple, like to watch them together with so much chemistry. . very compatible.
      Cant wait for series no 19 where they will be in Tokyo, the bed scene might be there too. Hope it will be a very happy ending for them. Hope they will appear more as a couple in future dramas.

11. Norika says:

Koo Ming Wah was so good in the episode when he made the orange scarf. He is excellent!

Heung Heung is adorable, Him Him and Mandy are so cute together! A very enjoyable series.

12. snoopy says:

I’m watching esp 16 and getting really sick of Mandy rejecting Him Law. Okay we know about her pass but HEY move on and get on with life! don’t keep feeling sorry for herself and say she don’t deserve this or that! What is she trying to tell the society? One mistake and you are banish for life? You can’t make up for your mistake? Can’t live in the society? Him Law is doing everything to accomdate her to the point he’s give give give and she reject reject reject. Either accept him or cut him lose. Don’t waste everyone’s time. She wants to feel sorry for herself for the rest of her life then so be it. No need for the whole world to be sorry for her.

• vivien says:

Yah. At the start I like Mandy’s character but more and more she become annoying. Where can you find a guy like Himhim who will do everything to accommodate a girl like you? Mandy is wasting Himhim’s effort and time! If like this I prefer watching the loud Kwan Yi So.

Limping towards a bed scene in episode 17 and still the girl shies away. Why don’t they just get a move on already? How much more must the man do, prove by words or acts before she even give him a decent hug? How much more must I suffer her indecision when So Kei, within the same episode met and fell for the love of his life and is having a relationship and these 2 young hot blooded attractive couple is still limping, dragging towards an obvious end? If I were the guy I will give up. She is obviously wasting BOTH of their time with her fear and indecision. A very timid and clingy sort.

• llwy12 says:

Him and Mandy’s relationship in this series is really weird and frustrating — for most of the series, Him does everything he can to accommodate Mandy and she continues to reject him time and time again, then in the last few episodes **MAJOR SPOILER here****, when she finally accepts him, the tables are turned…..aiye…maybe it’s just me, but these types of ‘torturous’ relationships annoy the hell out of me! Not sure if the problem is with the way their relationship was written or maybe the chemistry just isn’t there….whatever the case, it’s starting to annoy me. I actually prefer Mimi Chu and King Sir’s storyline now over Him and Mandy’s (no, I’m not kidding….)

• Linnh says:

you know what I do when I see relationship like this in the movie? I skip it lol. I keep skipping untill I don’t get annoyed by the relationship anymore :P

• Linnh says:

I ment in series*

• Christy says:

Too rushed if they turned it over in the last minute.

• Bonnie says:

No, you’re not crazy… I think the Mimi Chu/King Sir story is really bittersweet, nostalgic, and tragically touching.

Whereas the Mandy/Him story makes me want to smack some sense into both of them.

• Larry 3 says:

Its getting so stupid and pointless to have Him and Mandy sort of together. Too painfully draggy.

14. aptos says:

Unfortunately Snoopy, in real life, plots like this do occur between two different social classes so let the story play on. Of course everyone wants a fairy tale ending which usually happens but was not the case as in Witness Insecurity.

15. ... says:

OMG mandy and him are soo effing cute

16. BSTHK says:

Anyone can explain what chemistry is between Mandy and Him?

17. RK says:

Mandy’s character is suppose to be a tomboy, but I think she acts quite girly. Doesn’t make sense. :/

18. H says:

I wish ratings for King Maker were this high…:(

19. khoobunny says:

I enjoy watching the scenes between Mandy and Him. I think they are really cute together and some of their scenes are quite funny. I don’t really see what Him’s character is attracted to in Mandy but I like the courting b/w them.

20. AL says:

I personnal really love Him and Mandy, especially Mandy..I really enjoy this drama and watch it over and over and over again…but it is interesting to see many different views from all of you…it is okay…thx

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription