JayneStars.com logo

Hu Ge Leads Volunteers to Protect the Bar-headed Goose

By on July 4, 2013

Hu Ge Leads Volunteers to Protect the Bar-headed Goose thumbnail

The non-governmental environmental organization Green River has launched a widespread environmental movement to protect China’s bar-headed goose, which breeds along the source of the Yangtze River. As the program’s ambassador, mainland Chinese actor Hu Ge (胡歌) led a seven-day environmental journey in June to protect the world’s highest-flying birds from pollution and other human activities. The expedition took place in the Tanggula-Tuotuohe area of central Tibet.

Hu Ge exclaimed that he is honored to be representing such an inspiring movement, and joked, “Shanghai relies on the Yangtze River, and as a Shanghainese myself, I must have its source protected.”

The 30-year-old explained, “The bar-headed goose breed along the Yangtze river source, and their eggs are being faced with the danger of being looted by humans every year. The Green River operates the protection of these populations through willing volunteers and with the help of local villagers. They perform scientific observations and close protection of these birds. I really hope the birds will be able to strive and live peacefully under our protection.”

It was a grueling and laborious seven day task for the 30-year-old actor, but Hu Ge gushed that he is living everyday fully and happily. “It is an emotional journey. To be able to protect an entire environment is momentous.”

Hu Ge added, “On the day that I left the Tuotuohe environmental protection area, Teacher Yang Xin said that people’s greatest wealth is life experience. I am very lucky to meet such a noble and selfless group of volunteers at an altitude of 4,600 meters. I hope that their good deeds and spirit can influence more people.”

Source: Sina.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags:

• Hu Ge: “I’m No Longer Beautiful”(15)
  • Cecilia Liu: “Even I Don’t Know When I’ll Get Married”(6)
  • Cecilia Liu’s “The Song of Desert” to Air October 1(6)
  • Cecilia Liu’s “The Song of Desert” to Air by Early October(18)
  • Hu Ge Feels Fearless after 2006 Car Crash: “I’ve Already Died Once”(8)
  • Hu Ge Hopes to Break Away from Idol Image(9)
  • Cecilia Liu, Eddie Peng’s “The Song of Desert” Releases Theme Song(23)
  • Hu Ge’s New TV Drama “Nirvana in Fire” Unveils Character Posters(49)
  • Hu Ge, Yan Ni Portray Spring-Autumn Relationship in “Life Revelation”(7)
  • “iPartment 4” to Air at End of August(2)

• Readers' Comments (23)

1. Siying says:

Though I do not know who you are Hu Ge, I think it’s great that you are helping the birds. Good on you. I’ll remember your name from now.

• bing says:

Try theses series: Chinese Paladin, Chinese Paladin 3, Legend of the Condor Hero 2008, Shangri La, The Myth (series), Unbeatable II.

• Siying says:

Thanks so much bing! I really appreciate it. I think I’ll start with Chinese Paladin, sounds interesting. :)

• HeTieShou says:

I also recommend Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang as well. I enjoyed that series adaption of the Yang family as well.

I am proud of Hu Ge and what he is doing and hope he continues to dedicate his time to these worthy causes.

• HeTieShou says:

You should also see Little Fairy. He was so sweet in there.

• HeTieShou says:

Hu Ge suffered from a fatal car accident in 2006 in which he almost lost his life. I think that experience made him grow and made him treasure life, people around him and many other things even more. Great that he is growing into a better and better person.

• HeTieShou says:

I am shocked that you don’t know Hu Ge Siying, but I guess it is because you don’t watch China series. He is one of my most favorite actors from China and of all time. He seems like he is a great guy from what I have heard through the years. You should see Chinese Paladin. That was my first time seeing Hu Ge and liked him right away. It was based on a video game.The first series he ever made was Dandelion which was a modern series. I saw him in Bitter Coffee too which was also a modern series and it was ok. He was in Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar of Sky as well.

• HeTieShou says:

He is also a good singer as well and I enjoy his singing as well…I love his song Xiao Yao Tan from the Chinese Paladin OST as well.

• Siying says:

Hi HeTieShou,
          Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it, :) lol sorry to have shocked you, yep you are right I don’t watch China series. I only watched Ruby Lin’s Schemes of a Beauty for a Chinese series. :D

• HeTieShou says:

Hi SiYing,

I never knew that you did not watch China series. Many of them are very good. I have liked pretty much all of the ancient series that I have seen Hu Ge in. I saw Schemes of Beauty too but did not like it very much and felt it was way overrated. There are many good China series and Hu Ge happens to be in all of the ones that I like coincidently. I really hope that you enjoy those series as much as I do.

• Siying says:

Hi HeTieShou, :)

Thanks so much for recommending them to me, I hope I will enjoy them as much as you do too. I’m not sure why I didn’t go about watching China series all these years lol but I guess now is a good time to start.

• msxie says:

He’s also is part owner of a Japanese restaurant in Shanghai that has very good reviews.

• Danny says:

Hu Ge’s Song June Rain is good, but not his song call Endless Love Ft. BaBing. His TV-Series The Myth is good, some like it and some don’t, the ending could been better. Hav’nt seen any other of his work better, good his doing charity to boost his popularity and showing personality.

2. Dingdong says:

I love Hu Ge. He seem like such a nice guy! I am currently re-watching Fairy from Wonderland. Loving him and Ariel. I hope to see him in another drama soon! As for his leading lady, please no LSS!! Too bad, Ariel will be studying abroad.

3. yammy says:

Can’t wait until the day Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi play OTP in a series, it’s been long over due!!!

4. Nori says:

I miss you, Hu Ge

5. Ifyvfiyv says:

I love HuGe, he’s such a friendly person! C:

6. Khanh says:

Hu ge is truly an amazing person and a good actor. Love his personality on and off screen.

• HeTieShou says:

He is and reading about him is really cute. He mentioned that his mom complained why he is not as handsome as his father and said that his father was really handsome when he was young… He is so humble and down to earth.

• Khanh says:

I really do love him. He is just so good looking and adorable. He is one of my favourite actors of all time.

• HeTieShou says:

I don’t just like him for his looks. My mom doesn’t think he looks that great but likes his acting and feels he is a nice guy. There is more to a person than his looks.

7. sky says:

this dude is in too many series..

8. cc says:

AWW Hu Ge I miss you… Where are you?

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription