Jessica Hsuan Rejects Filming “Tiger Cubs” Sequel for TVB

By on January 12, 2013 in NEWS

No longer under contract with TVB, it is now clear that Jessica Hsuan (宣萱) has no plans in returning. A sequel of last year’s popular drama, Tiger Cubs <飛虎>, has been planned to start filming this June. Although male lead, Joe Ma (馬德鐘), already agreed to film for the sequel, Jessica has officially rejected the offer.

Responding to her decision, Jessica said, “I am interested in filming the Tiger Cubs sequel, collaborating with Joe again. But when I sat down with TVB to discuss the contract, there were some things that couldn’t be coordinated. So I told TVB that I wouldn’t be filming. I don’t want to waste everyone’s time. I still prefer the current freedom of being able to choose different types of work. I enjoy pursuing jobs I like.”

Jessica further expressed, “I’ve been portraying professional roles for twenty years. Even if the audience isn’t bored of it, I’m bored. For instance, filming for Curse of the Royal Harem <萬凰之王> was exciting for both my fans and I, because I’ve never portrayed a character like that. It doesn’t matter if I did well or not, because at least it was a new experience. To me, the amount of salary I receive is not the most important thing.”

The current freedom Jessica enjoys refers to accepting jobs of her interest. Earlier, she was in South Africa shooting the special edition for a Now TV show. Jessica revealed that she had a fun time interacting with nature and animals. Being an animal lover, she spent time with giraffes, seals, and cheetahs. “I even kissed a frog!” She added.

Later, Jessica will be hosting a pet show for about 6 or 7 episodes. The show is to provide the audience with information about how to adopt abandoned pets, such as dogs and cats.

Responds to Rumors of Dating Reggie Martin

Back in December, Jessica was spotted with Fiona Sit’s (薛凱琪) rumored boyfriend, Reggie Martin, at a shopping mall. The two were rumored to be dating. Jessica laughed and told the press, “Reggie is just a friend. We met because my friend introduced him to me. We are not dating. Sometimes, we would meet when he visits Hong Kong from Macau. Just earlier, we had dinner together along with Michael Wong (王敏德). I have many male friends. The rumors will not affect my relationship with Reggie.”

Source: Ming Pao Weekly #2305 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

49 comments to Jessica Hsuan Rejects Filming “Tiger Cubs” Sequel for TVB

1. CocoPanda says:

NOOOO!!! Does that mean that they won’t be filming the sequel for Tiger Clubs now??
    I was looking forward to it!!

Login or Register before you can reply to CocoPanda
    • clamine replied to CocoPanda

Kuangai weibo says TC sequel is scheduled to film in June 2013.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
      • CocoPanda replied to clamine

OMG Thank you

Login or Register before you can reply to CocoPanda
      • Linnh replied to clamine

then another person will be replacing jessica?

I though I read somewhere that she would still stay, hmm..maybe I read wrong :/

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
    • Gar replied to CocoPanda

They will go ahead with the sequel but there will definitely be a different leading lady. Hmmmm….wonder who they will pick?

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • HeTieShou replied to Gar

It is a pity that Jessica is not coming back for the sequal, but I hope they will still have a good story and script. I also wonder who they will pick for the leading lady??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • 939393 replied to Gar

Anyone but Eliza please.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
    • K replied to CocoPanda

i hope she reconsiders
      there’s still time
      move it TVB

Login or Register before you can reply to K
  2. adjumma says:

Another of my favorite fa-dan not returning
    to TVB to film a sequel that I love to watch. I am very disappointed but will support whatever decision Dodo and Jessica
    have made. Dodo stay healthy and Jessica enjoy what you want to do.
    Can consider Flora Chan Wai Sun, she is good
    match with Joe Ma too.

Login or Register before you can reply to adjumma
    • Gabby replied to adjumma

I thought Flora would study to get a master degree, not come back to entertainment industry

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
    • Gar replied to adjumma

I’m not sure if I would enjoy having Flora replace Jessica as her acting skills need to be brushed up after her long hiatus. Look at her acting in Suspects In Love, I thought it was mediocre.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    • HeTieShou replied to adjumma

I thought FLora left the circle for good??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  3. aptos says:

TC was a slightly above average show…maybe with a new lead female actress, this may add additional spark or energy into the show…again, the script writers need to be energetic and creative to craft a good storyline for this to happen!

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
  4. Gabby says:

It’s sad thing that Jess refuse to return.
    On the other hand, is there any posibilities that Kate Tsui could be casted in TC2, playing a character as a sniper
    Because I love Kate as a SDU member in Sniper attack 2013 sales clip – but now she’s a madam, so sad

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
    • Daisy replied to Gabby

I agree! The sniper role suited Kate more than Eliza a bit disappointed they switched the role :(

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
    • 939393 replied to Gabby

i think should challenge herself and star in comedy roles instead because i think it’d be a bore for her and the audience as she’s constantly starring in police related dramas.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  5. 5 fadans says:

Either Kate, Tavia, or Fala cuz they all r free after May 2013

Login or Register before you can reply to 5 fadans
    • Gar replied to 5 fadans

I would like to see Kate take the role but as she’s said before, she’s been a cop too many times already.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • Gabby replied to Gar

if Kate is offered the role, then it’ll be the ́8th police role, lucky number, and a sniper- it’s promising. So I really hope it’s her to be the female lead in TC2- as a sniper

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
      • Hannah replied to Gar

Why would Kate be a sniper? If anything, she’ll be taking Jessica’s role as a madam.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • Gabby replied to Gar

well since the writer will have to create a new character to fill the place of Jess, so why not the female lead of this drama is a sniper? And I love Kate as a sniper in Sniper attack 2013 sales clip. so I just mix them up.
        just my imagination

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
      • aptos replied to Gar

If Kate played a rogue cop and or sniper, she might take that role as it will challenge her such as being playing a bar owner with underground ties.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
    • Ooi replied to 5 fadans

Fala please. Great Madam in lives of omission.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ooi
      • JD replied to Ooi

Oh please no Fala as madam role. She is horrible and does not have the authority look.

Login or Register before you can reply to JD
      • j replied to Ooi

what are u talking about??? she was horrible!!! soo bad… she didnt fit the role.

Login or Register before you can reply to j
      • Tvbmaniac replied to Ooi

Pleaseee…. Anyone would be better than fala. She is horrible, terrible & sucks as the madam role.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbmaniac
  6. Mark Lim says:

Man, so freaking sad. As each month goes by, the best of TVB’s actors and actresses are leaving one by one. Now Jessica…, any prediction on who’s leaving next? Not a good thing for TVB. Demise is very near.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mark Lim
  7. Magic says:

TVB gonna’s kill off her character now? lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
    • miriamfanz replied to Magic

Most likely. Maybe actually die in an explosion this time. Like the one that was supposed to kill Joe.

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  8. John says:

Omg now the sequel is probably gonna say she went overseas to study or do some kind of training and never came back cuz she fell in love with another guy…….-_-“

Login or Register before you can reply to John
  9. Charbydis says:

Or maybe they can get Ma Ming’s psycho character to come back (they never found his body right?) and kidnap her and kill her off-screen… mwuahahaha!

I am certainly disappointed that Jess cannot make the TC sequel. I thought they were making a movie instead. I hope TVB gets rid of Christine Kuo’s character or give her less screen time because her Wai Wai was annoying.

Login or Register before you can reply to Charbydis
    • Gabby replied to Charbydis

interesting on the MM coming back and Christine too I find her very annoying

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
    • 939393 replied to Charbydis

interesting!

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  10. Cloud9 says:

Her popularity over the hill ?
    Time for her to move to CTI

Login or Register before you can reply to Cloud9
  11. Kidd says:

Probably the money TVB offered is not enough. She’s interested in the series and there’s no schedule conflict (if there is, the report will say so). So, what cannot be coordinated? She wanted the madam to quit her job and be a housewife (since the reason she gave is she’s tired of playing professionals)?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  12. kiki says:

i guess i am the only one who didnt like this series at all so not a pity for me ahhahaa…lol..

Login or Register before you can reply to kiki
  13. JD says:

I love seeing Jessica role in TVB, when TVB actors or actress in play in mainland series or Taiwanese series they are not good. I saw Jessica in Bountiful Blessing I watched… OMG! I cannot even finish the 1st episode. She is so so but the lead actor and supporting casts are terrible..

Login or Register before you can reply to JD
    • Mr. Lee replied to JD

I like her and Roger Kwok in the same dramas – they work well together such as in Square Pegs.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mr. Lee
  14. TN1 says:

I suppose she had enough of acting n she’s way into her 40s she wans to be loved! TVB prolly throw in Idy/Sonija for d replacement hey TVB Linda may fit in as well yea y not! Saw her as a po for DGD so much energy lol

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
    • Nicole replied to TN1

I would like to see Linda in a serious cop role, her previous role was kinda light-hearted.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Funn Lim replied to Nicole

The thing is even if the series is light hearted she is always the serious one. I really want to see her being less serious, less burdensome with the sighing and all.

• sure-lee replied to Nicole

I want to see linda in an evil role.

Login or Register before you can reply to sure-lee
      • Nicole replied to Nicole

Funn, linda is the serious one? Her duk jai was very cute and funny, and so was her role in CBML, among others.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • TN1 replied to Nicole

‘lighthearted n managed to be serious as well’ well, which show was dat?

I was thinking how abt Linda as ‘the single white female’ intriguing n psychotic types r appealing…..heheheh

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
  15. ebbie says:

I love Jessica… she’s just so independant!!!
    She might do some villian roles soon ….haha…. that’ll be fun.

Login or Register before you can reply to ebbie
  16. Ben says:

Oh please TVB, don’t get the fadan to be tiger cups leading lady, they all look like vase only and cannot lead the team. Try to get like Sharen Tang as she look fierce and arrogant

Login or Register before you can reply to Ben
  17. michaela says:

I’d like to see Nancy Wu as a madam again. There really aren’t many current female stars who can act as a madam except Kate and Tavia.

Login or Register before you can reply to michaela
  18. Tvbmaniac says:

Really disappointed!! Me hoping hard for the TC sequel with the original casts. Reason I supported TC was bcoz of Joe & Jessica. They were the pillar support of the entire series. Without Jess, TC would not be a complete series.. Pleasee reconsider the offer , Jessica!

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbmaniac
  19. myra-belle says:

Ah, so sad that Jess rejected the offer! Uh, I really hope that she won’t be replaced by Linda or Fala. I haven’t watched Fala as madam yet but in fact, I don’t like her acting at all. And Linda still needs improvement. I want a tough leading lady for this series and I can’t imagine that Linda can give me that. Of course, the leading lady could have another profession than being police and be a soft person but this would be less exciting. And honestly, about TC, I don’t hold the story in high regards but it was handsome and exciting to look at.

And yes, please kill Christine’s character off in the very first episode. There are more pretty supporting actrices, can we please have another one? If possible, one with better cantonese because I can’t read chinese.

Login or Register before you can reply to myra-belle