Kate Tsui On What Makes a Woman Sexy

By on December 3, 2012 in NEWS, Star Interviews

There is no denying that Kate Tsui (徐子珊)  is one of this year’s hottest TVB stars. As a front-runner for the TV Queen award, Kate always exudes an air of sexiness and confidence when she is in front of the camera. In an interview with Cosmopolitan magazine, Kate gives us an inside glimpse on what she defines as sexiness.

Onscreen, Kate often exudes a polished feminine image, wearing skintight dresses and high heels. However, Kate prefers to dress comfortably on her days off, wearing flats and not putting any makeup on. Kate believes that true sexiness goes beyond one’s looks and image. “Other people have complimented my pouty lips and sultry eyes, which I have my mother to thank for those features, but that alone cannot define ‘sexy’. I would consider my shoulders and skin to be my best assets.”

Kate believes that one’s confidence and power to determine her own fate outside of a man’s shadow makes a true sexy woman. “In present day, sexiness cannot be measured by looks anymore. In fact, it is a woman’s confidence and willpower to determine her own fate that makes one sexy. Modern day women no longer aim to marry and rely soley on their husbands to give them a ‘title’; they can also aggressively tell the men, ‘I don’t want to give you the title’.

“Tenderness is another gift that women have. If a woman can be confident, but tender and softspoken, then I consider that sexy. Unfortunately I still lack the tenderness inside of me because I’m too much of a tomboy, so I’m far from being sexy!

“I find that spontaneity can also be very sexy, just like being able to wander aimlessly with no destination. I have done that before when I was travelling alone in Prague. All of a sudden it started raining so I went into a coffee shop, and then a rainbow appeared after the rain. It felt like such a romantic moment.”

Kate considers Johnny Depp to be the sexiest man. Aside from his bad boy image, he also possesses a deep and mysterious appeal both onscreen and offscreen. “I also think Charlize Theron and Maggie Cheung are class acts because they can be so feminine yet strong.”

Source: Cosmopolitan December 2012 issue via kuangaitvb.com

This article is written by Natalie for JayneStars.com.

60 comments to Kate Tsui On What Makes a Woman Sexy

1. che says:

i like kate’s comments, very well explained

Login or Register before you can reply to che
  2. akarihoshino says:

All her flashing of her cleavage recently also does the trick………she knows that when she flashes some skin, that always works.

Login or Register before you can reply to akarihoshino
  3. Anna says:

I’m liking Kate more and more these days!

Login or Register before you can reply to Anna
    • ^^ replied:

me 2, I find her more and more kute and lovely

Login or Register before you can reply to ^^
  4. Mick says:

She is getting hotter and hotter. She is finally able to slim all parts of her body and flaunting them more now. Good for her.

Her waitress uniform in High and Low. Wow. In her earlier days, she wouldn’t be able to wear that at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mick
  5. Skyler says:

What make her standout is her eyes and lips, I would say. She doesn’t need big fake boobs to be called ‘sexy’.

Login or Register before you can reply to Skyler
    • Catie replied:

You mean her eyelashes lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • Linnh replied:

is not only her a lot of HK stars and their fake lashes is to much. I was talking about my mom’s friend and she actually mentioned Myolie lashes in GJ haha….I use fake lashes too, but those one looks really naturally, wonder what those makeup artists is doing when they choose those lashes that really looks fake.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • Linnh replied:

talking with*

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • Josie replied:

She doesn’t have fake eyelashes in the above pic but she still looks sexy. I think it’s the mole above her left eye that gives her the smoldering look.

Besides, your tavia wears fake eyelashes too so what’s your point?

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
      • Funn Lim replied:

Every female star wears fake eyelashes especially in Asia. It is the essential beauty item. Kate is probably wearing one too above but maybe she alternates between ordinary day wear, dinner date wear, smouldering sexy day wear.

6. Larry 3 says:

She is NOT hot at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • Khanh replied:

I will have to agree with you

Login or Register before you can reply to Khanh
    • Christy replied:

She is not hot, plus she tries to act cute when she is already 30 something. I feel that she acts so fake and try to have a cute little voice when the voice don’t match her face!

Login or Register before you can reply to Christy
    • deep replied:

she’s trying too hard

Login or Register before you can reply to deep
    • flute replied:

looks kinda fake, she has no natural beauty, it’s all make pretend, don’t like it a bit

Login or Register before you can reply to flute
      • LyNN replied:

My hubby & family call her wolf eyes. Not winning over us at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
    • Funn Lim replied:

Perhaps boiling?

7. Jodie says:

She’s not wrong when she says she thinks that Johnny Depp is the sexiest man 😀 Channing who?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jodie
    • Little fishy replied:

Man, I don’t like Channing, don’t mind him, but he’s far from sexy, he’s so bland =_=

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
      • hcfoo replied:

Yea I find it weird that he’s being labelled as sexy

Login or Register before you can reply to hcfoo
    • girl replied:

yeah, johnny depp is not sexy, i would have voted for the young robert redford

Login or Register before you can reply to girl
      • rei replied:

What Johnny Depp is dirty! Photos of him from the paparazzi had him looked like a homeless from SF height street. He could look decent if he dress more clean. ..

Login or Register before you can reply to rei
  8. Jo says:

Kate Tsui is indeed one hot gorgeous babe!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jo
  9. P. Tan says:

She just exudes sexiness naturally and speaks well too. She is very likeable I must say. She can look both innocent and sexy at the same time.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
  10. Kidd says:

Her opinion of a woman going outside a man’s shadow is interesting. It kinda contradict with what she said previously about preferring and older man who can take care of her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • skinnymocha replied:

I guess most cultures grow up with the idea that a man should take care of a woman. It’s almost an obligation. But if it’s their own personal choice – like Kate – I don’t necessarily see it as them succumbing to social values. If we disregard sex for a moment, who wouldn’t want a partner that can look after them?

I think a truly sexy/strong women knows how to embrace the person they are instead of hiding it in order to please others. You don’t need to be today’s idea of a “modern woman”; you don’t have to be “kickass” or excel at the workplace, which is traditionally viewed as a man’s world. (I sometimes view that as a backhanded insult to women, as if possessing masculine traits is what makes you strong/attractive). You should have the strength to pursue what you want in life and shouldn’t be looked down upon if it so happens to be a more “housewife” sort of role – if that’s really what you want to do.

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
      • Kidd replied:

I didn’t say a modern woman should be like a man or that I look down on Kate’s view. I just observe that her talking about getting out of a man;s shadow is a bit contradictory to her earlier statement. I NEVER object to this wish of hers or look down on it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Funn Lim replied:

I don’t think it is ever contradictory, if not feminists will never marry a man. Put it this way; she has a mind of her own, she wants to be able to express it and have a career and a social circle outside of the man’s. Each have their own social life, wants and needs. A husband will not want the wife to interfere into his business but also wants her to take care of the household. Same as a woman like Kate who wants to have her own life but also have someone take care of her. It is neither hypocritical or impossible.

It will be hypocritical and contradictory if she slams the life of a “siu lai lai” and yet does nothing, and is a “siu lai lai”.

• skinnymocha replied:

@Kidd: “I just observe that her talking about getting out of a man;s shadow is a bit contradictory to her earlier statement.”

Yeah, I gathered that – I didn’t sense any condescension in your post. The second paragraph was just my own thoughts, but I decided to lump it together instead of creating another post. Sorry for the confusion~

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
      • Kidd replied:

@ skinnymocha

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing it up. Now, I understand your post better. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • ling replied:

maybe she read and got this idea or its from someone she knows

Login or Register before you can reply to ling
  11. pop says:

PS!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
  12. sushiroll says:

well thats easy to say if you have the looks. good luck trying if you don’t.

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
    • Catie replied:

That’s what I was thinking…If she was born with different features to what she has now (say features that are considered a bit unfortunate) I wonder if she’d have the same mentality lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • skinnymocha replied:

Well, she may not even be in the entertainment industry then and we wouldn’t have given a rat’s ass as to what she thinks.

Or it is possible for her to have the same mentality. I’m no oil painting myself either, but that doesn’t make me feel any inferior.

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
  13. tatswee says:

She indeed sexy smart.
    Her self-confidence that makes her really sexy !

Login or Register before you can reply to tatswee
  14. Magic says:

Kate is hot. Her lips and her (fake) eye(lashes) make her look fierce but sexy at the same time. Loved her look in HAL. Her hair in HAL made her look even more gorgeous. Her body is starting to get thinner, making her stand out even more. Luckily, unlike some other actresses, she doesn’t look like she’s a starving child.

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
    • che replied:

kate is naturally skinny, and some people can’t help it, like me no matter what i eat i am still skinny!

Login or Register before you can reply to che

She is sexy no doubt. Not just looks, but the way she carries herself. Doesn’t matter if she has a huge pimple on her face, it is about the attitude.

That being said, I still think she looks different now than she was a few years ago. I think she probably filled her cheeks with collagen. At least she is less pouty looking now.

• ride replied:

what a shame, certainly did a lot of work on her face, now she won’t be able to age gracefully, by the way, once an actor go for surgical, they would go for more, it’s called surgical addiction, look at dodo now, no doubt she was not born with the look of miss hongkong but her face was natural and people liked that, wasted her money, time and looks

Login or Register before you can reply to ride
  16. cory says:

kate’s fans please support kate for tv queen! :)

Login or Register before you can reply to cory
    • pop replied:

not worthy at all to support kate ! support michelle!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
      • Hannahh replied:

Agreed!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • LyNN replied:

She is not a BA standard! Dun make us sick of tvb awards!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
      • Linnh replied:

Standard standard, is it any standard? so if I say I didn’t think Myolie has the standard to get it last year then I am right? Isn’t the standard you are talking about really subjective? I would have understand it more if you said I don’t think her acting is good enough for a BA, I would have accept it, but standard? Ohh well then I think her standard is good enough for a BA.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • wild fire replied:

that’s right, myolie’s acting is not of BA level and she seem to be sulking most of the time

Login or Register before you can reply to wild fire
      • Linnh replied:

Lol level goes for the same as standard.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  17. jiking says:

a barbie doll perhaps….plastic!!
    too much..

Login or Register before you can reply to jiking
  18. rei says:

Im not into.sexy stuff. I found it distracting from the truth of a person inside..to me she tries wayy to hard just for attentions and opportunities to be at the top by showing your legs, chest and her back is not what I perfer to see talents or to like her in a positive way. She came across more like a high pay strriper with a tomboy feel. Talent…she’s nothing compared to Faye Wong or Jacky Cheung…her acting is nothing like Daniel Day-Lewis. She’s over rated simply because she put some plastic surgery on her face and show some skins. I rather to favor Linda Chung…at least she cries good onscreen and sends more of a positive msg.

Login or Register before you can reply to rei
    • lady replied:

haha, faye wong can’t act

Login or Register before you can reply to lady
    • pin replied:

faye’s singing n performance not than good either

Login or Register before you can reply to pin
      • rei replied:

I’m indicating her singing skills is nothing like Faye Wong or Jackey Cheung…just getting a point across.

Login or Register before you can reply to rei
  19. TN1 says:

As a model she is super stunning n charming n attractive n elegant! Apparently pouty lips have a bad effect for an actress as she often forgets when she is acting in whatever role, it’s damaging though!

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
  20. aptos says:

Somehow, Kate Tsui’s lips looks too full and her lashes too extreme. But again, if her character and personality traits are as true as they are written, those facial points are minor as I value substance over looks.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
  21. amanda says:

Kate tsui is beautiful with make up on!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to amanda
    • aptos replied:

So what if Kate does not have makeup on?

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
      • che replied:

if you look at close up pics of artists with or without make up, yuo will see that their skin isn’t too good- due to wearing makeup for such a long time all the time

Login or Register before you can reply to che
    • refresh replied:

characters in movies are just make believe.. all under illuminati, shouldn’t take them seriously, so are actors.. they are just acting, its all fake, plastic surgery and make up are part of the package, like the real thing, just watch news

Login or Register before you can reply to refresh

True story. Was at the live show remember? When Kate’s name was called, I swear people sitting at the back of me (a few well dressed ladies) said “Slu*”. I was rather shocked.