JayneStars.com logo

Lai Lok Yi Plans to Marry Millionaire Girlfriend in Four Years’ Time

By on August 26, 2012

Lai Lok Yi Plans to Marry Millionaire Girlfriend in Four Years’ Time thumbnail

Thirty-two-year-old Lai Lok Yi’s (黎諾懿) romance with heiress, Nicole Li (李潔瑩) has raised a few eyebrows! Unfazed by their disparity in wealth, Lok Yi openly admitted to dating the 2007 Miss Hong Kong participant. Disclosing that they have gained their parents’ approval, Lok Yi is actively working hard to save up for his marriage in four years’ time.

Lok Yi Not Bothered By Girlfriend’s Wealth

Lok Yi’s girlfriend is extremely wealthy, whose family assets are estimated to be worth approximately $500 million HKD. Nicole currently works as a General Manager in her family’s beauty company, which has ten beauty salons in Hong Kong.

In regards to his girlfriend’s prosperous family, Lok Yi said, “It’s her own business that her family is rich. I do not need to spend her money. It’s important that we are happy when we are together. With my financial ability, I can still manage to take care of her.”

Since dating Nicole, Lok Yi has been criticized harshly for depending on his rich girlfriend. Lok Yi expressed that he could not control the media reports, and he sees no need to account to anyone.  He is also not worried that the public make financial comparisons between his family and Nicole’s family.

“There is nothing to compare. Nicole’s family uses their entire life to create their kingdom. I am only a 30-something young chap,” said Lok Yi.

Lok Yi Is Happy With Nicole

Lok Yi has praises for his girlfriend, “I am so happy that I met Ms. Nicole Li. She is a very gentle girl. When I am busy filming for Come Home Love <愛 · 回家>, she helps me to reduce my burdens, and takes care of my household matters such as looking after my pet. She will also give me space to focus on my work. Whenever I am filming, I do not need to carry my phone around. When she knows that I am working, she will not call me. Whenever I am not working, I will spend most of my time with her. We will go hiking together, playing badminton, walk our dog and watch movies. The feeling is great!”

Lok Yi Promises to Give Nicole a Comfortable Life

Lok Yi views Nicole as his significant half and promises to marry her in four years’ time. Working hard for their future, Lok Yi plans to accumulate his savings to purchase an apartment. Due to his poverty when he was young, Lok Yi is even more determined to carve out his career first.

“It’s important for a man to have an accomplished career first, and then proceed to form a family. Maybe I was poor when I was young. My dad passed away and my mom single-handedly raised my brothers and I. Those days were tough. We needed to calculate our family budget every day, from buying shoes to buying books. I do not wish that my future family struggles because of money. That’s why I will give myself four years to save up.”

Source: Ming Pao Weekly #2285 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Stella for JayneStars.com.

Tags: ,

• Lai Lok Yi and Nicole Lee Eat Frugal Meals to Save for Lavish Wedding(23)
  • Lai Lok Yi Buys 4-Carat Engagement Ring(11)
  • Lai Lok Yi Reflects on 11-Year Acting Career(20)
  • Lai Lok Yi Gives Girlfriend Credit Card to Plan Wedding(9)
  • Lai Lok Yi and Nicole Lee to Hold Destination Wedding in Bali(9)
  • Lai Lok Yi Buys Million-Dollar Love Nest to Marry Nicole Lee(17)
  • Lai Lok Yi and Queen Chu to Break Up in "Come Home Love"?(91)
  • Lai Lok Yi and Angel Chiang Show Off Buff Bodies(28)
  • [Episodic Thoughts] "Ruse of Engagement" Episode 2(26)
  • [Episodic Thoughts] "Ruse of Engagement" Episode 1 (91)

• Readers' Comments (17)

1. Ita says:

Well at least with rich wife if somethng goes wrong with your career still hv something to hang on to, at least not ngo sei. I dont doubt he loves her but i think it is also because of her family background. I doubt he will be this open admit dating if his GF has ordinary background. Is it just me or i see him less in tvb series.

• Anon says:

He’s not well made for acting even after many years. Marrying the rich girl can be a good path for him, maybe he can open a side business.

• goddessofkrw says:

Just because they’re dating now doesn’t mean that they’ll end up marrying each other lol

• Kidd says:

He’s in the series ‘King Maker’ which is currently airing in HK and some oversea countries.

• AC says:

He’s in both King Maker and the sitcom Come Home Love so he’s actually has a lot of stuff going on right now. lol

• looooooooooooo says:

welcome to chan san choong ‘s club, married to rich heiress

• Fox says:

Maybe he has never dated any ordinary background girl so you can’t know how openly he will admit. He was only rumoured with an older woman before and now with Nicole, the only girl he admitted before.

2. TVBFanatic says:

Nothing like announcing to the press that you are saving up to marry someone in a certain amount of time. I’m sure she found it very romantic to learn that from the press!

4 years is a very long time. Best start with an official engagement first and that 20 carat diamond ring.

4. sky says:

man, he’s living my date life…

5. Flower says:

She is very beautiful…pretty and rich what more can you ask for in HK?

6. Hannahh says:

Goodluck!

7. Grace says:

Wish them all the luck. He’s a lucky fellow, she’s pretty!

8. RLF Lover says:

I genuinely wish Lok Yi all the best. Although his acting may not compare to most siu sangs now, I believe his hard work will pay off someday.

9. Fox says:

Oh why is so harsh on him? He is dating a young beautiful rich girl, it’s his luck. What do you want from him? To date an ugly older girl?

10. Carmen says:

Congratulations he is a good guy and deserve the best !

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription