Lawrence Ng and Kenneth Ma Film “The Hippocratic Crush 2” Sales Clip

By on October 14, 2012 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Lawrence Ng (吳啟華), Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), Benjamin Yuen (袁偉豪) and Candy Chang (張慧雯) filmed the sales promotion clip for the upcoming drama, The Hippocratic Crush 2 <On Call 36小時II>, on October 13. The medical drama will officially begin filming in February 2013.

The addition of Lawrence Ng in the cast sparked public interest, especially among the fans of the Healing Hands <妙手仁心> franchise. It was previously reported that TVB planned for The Hippocratic Crush 2 to be a crossover drama with Healing Hands by including Lawrence’s Healing Hands character, Dr. Paul Ching, as a major character. However, Lawrence appeared to be against the idea.

“I want to have fresh image. Since everyone likes Paul Ching, I suggest TVB to invite the original Healing Hands cast and produce a Healing Hands 4!” said Lawrence.

Lawrence revealed that he has already finished watching the first installment of The Hippocratic Crush, and remarked that the drama was too depressing. “Many people died one by one. I hope the second installment will be more cheerful!”

Mandy Wong wants to Date Lawrence Ng

Kenneth Ma disclosed that The Hippocratic Crush 2 will be a continuation of the first one, and it will focus on Tavia Yeung’s (楊怡) and his relationship after their marriage. Eliza Sam (岑麗香) is also added to the cast, and she will share a romantic triangle relationship with Him Law (羅仲謙) and Candy Chang.

Mandy Wong and Benjamin Yuen will continue their romantic relationship that started off at the end of the previous installment, but the couple may encounter some obstacles. Although the script has not been finalized yet, Mandy expressed that she is a fan of Dr. Paul Ching, and she hopes to have a chance to share more screen time with Lawrence in The Hippocratic Crush 2.

Asked if Mandy will recommend herself to the producer to include a kissing scene with Lawrence, Mandy exclaimed, “The script is not finalized, but I want to!”

Kenneth Ma Will Not Vote for Himself

Kenneth Ma’s popularity skyrocketed after starring in The Hippocratic Crush. Although the drama aired at the beginning of the year, his charismatic portrayal of the kind “Dr. Cheung Yat Kin” is remembered by many fans, and the actor will most definitely win a Top Five nomination for Best Actor at the 2012 TVB Anniversary Awards.

TVB implemented a new voting system this year, in which the Best Actor and Actress awards will be entirely voted by the audience. In this sense, Raymond Lam (林峯), one of the most popular idol actors in Hong Kong, will most likely win the TV King title.

Asked if Kenneth has confidence in winning Best Actor, Kenneth admitted, “This year is the first time using the new system, so anything can happen.”

Is Kenneth worried about losing to Raymond Lam? Kenneth smiled and said, “Not really. Only the rules of the game have changed. We will wait for our company’s arrangements.”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

30 comments to Lawrence Ng and Kenneth Ma Film “The Hippocratic Crush 2” Sales Clip

1. olivia says:

Wow, I am so excited for this drama because:

1) It will be a continuation.

2) Lawrence will not play Dr. Paul Ching as the producers originally planned.

3) Mei suet and Ben will continue where they left off. I don’t mind the obstacles they will have, but as long as they stay together and have more kissing scenes. hehe lol (PLEASE no kissing scenes for Mandy and Lawrence…just the thought is creepy.)

4) yat kin tou and yu chai will hopefully not have a third party, which would make sense after all they’ve been through to be together.

I could really care less about Him and Candy’s storyline. Jing Jing belongs to yat hong. Are the other original characters coming back? don’t they need new housemen also?

Login or Register before you can reply to olivia
    • Hannahh replied:

Yes Mandy and Benjamin should stay together.
      Maybe Eliza is a new housemen

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • GilLee replied:

Agree..(PLEASE no kissing scenes for Mandy and Lawrence…just the thought is creepy.)
      I love Mandy…no kissing with Lawrence…I don’t mind seeing Lawrence in the drama…just not kissing la

Login or Register before you can reply to GilLee
  2. Nicole says:

“Since everyone likes Paul Ching, I suggest TVB to invite the original Healing Hands cast and produce a Healing Hands 4″

I can predict the story.
    Gigi – DIE!
    Melissa – DIE!
    Bernice – DIET.. oops I mean DIE!

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
    • YQ replied:

Hahahahahaha!!! Your comment on Bernice definitely got to me!!!

But I would think it’s too much if TVB were to film Healing Hands 4. Enough is enough.

Login or Register before you can reply to YQ
    • exoidus replied:

LOL

too bad the trend has changed the goddess will live 4ever…

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • Fox replied:

Lolz, good joke!

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • H replied:

LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to H
  3. Hannahh says:

Will be looking forward to the love triangle between Him Him, Eliza and Candy!

Hope the 2nd instalment will have a happy ending.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  4. AL says:

just want script and scene for Mandy…Love Mandy

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  5. Jeniffer says:

I can’t predict for Mandy & Ben, why Mandy wish for Lawrence? He’s old, no longer hot. Only add to drama for additional, hope his sense won’t take all :-( if yes, I won’t watch! I’d rather to add newbie or young actors than him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jeniffer
  6. Lucia says:

I hope they will keep all the relationships and they will end up with each other despite the obstacles they go through.

Lawrence can be a third party in Kenneth and Tavia’s relationship, but I hope Tavia will stay with Kenneth.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  7. exoidus says:

I thought they were going to kill off the goddess.

TVB sequels almost always sucks and im afraid this won’t be an exemption.

Kenneth you will cheated just say it out, LOL.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
  8. Magic says:

I’m glad Kenneth doesn’t support the idea of voting for the ‘Best ….’ categories. They should bring back ‘My Favourite Actor/Actress’ instead.

Definitely going to be watching this series. The first one was fast paced and entertaining to watch.

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
  9. Fox says:

Will watch this one if Fish Head is too too too little to minor or even disappear, I dun mind :P. I wanna watch Lawrence as an actor again and whoever else!

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Josie replied:

I know, they should chop up the “fish head”. Are they gonna ignore the fact that tavia has an inoperable brain tumor, rendering her terminally ill?
      Maybe Kenneth’s new love interest could be eliza.

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
      • Fox replied:

I don’t care and I don’t know. I said that I dun watch THC and I still dun have any plan to watch it :P. I just know that there is a couple Fish Head because the fans of this couple bashed Derek so bad on his weibo for why he has a kissing scene but this Fish Head couple dun have any. Other than that I dun know :P.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  10. Fox says:

Hehe, I think I can find the reason why MM changed from support to against the “one man one vote” system. The company’s arrangement! Lolz, must have someone who told him before 3K that he’ll win and then after 3K, he was told to “wait for the arrangement”.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  11. Fox says:

Kate is shooting MM, lolz. She said in her new news that she would urge her family members and fans to vote :P.

And Ella is supporting Kate, good relationship? (Note that both of Kate and Ella are Ron’s rumour gf :P)

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  12. Hans says:

I bet Raymond will win as he has lot of netizen supporters all over the world. But not sure if he has lot of fans in HK? This vote is reserved only for local HK voters. Just wonder if they post live results online?

Login or Register before you can reply to Hans
    • Fox replied:

Even if he dun have many fans in HK, his fanbase in HK is still more than anyone in Txb rite now :P.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  13. Hans says:

Kenneth disclosed that TC2 focus on his relatioship with Tavia after marriage so I think the script wont kill Tavia character soon. But suspect that Tavia’s role is sub? As they bring Ella in to put main shift on others?
    Why Tavia was not in promotion clip? She is seldom to skip.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hans
    • passer-by replied:

Ella??

Login or Register before you can reply to passer-by
  14. Linnh says:

OoO from what Kenneth said then it seems like TY won’t die:D

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  15. Hannah says:

Mandy wants a crush on Lawrence? Ok, does she want a repeat of part 1 where she had a crush on Kenneth? Mei Suet was a pain as the third wheel. Now, she wants a crush on Lawrence while dating Ben? Makes no sense, Mandy!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • olivia replied:

hopefully Mandy’s wish does not come true. I wonder what obstacles Mei suet and Ben will have in the sequel.

Login or Register before you can reply to olivia
      • GilLee replied:

me too… Maybe Mandy does not really that…sometime reporter did not translate good enough…anyway…no kissing with Lawrence…

Login or Register before you can reply to GilLee
  16. Kidd says:

‘Kenneth also remarked that he will not call his friends and family to vote for him, as he finds the tactic to be “disgusting and embarrassing.”’

I wonder if he knows what Kate has said on the other news report about asking friends and family to vote for her. Lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  17. love_of_tvb says:

YAY! BENBEN is back with Mandy. And Kenneth and Tavia. And now Lawrence. We can’t ask for more!

Login or Register before you can reply to love_of_tvb
  18. Joanna says:

Seriously, why adding eliza sam in him law love triangle? I rather eliza sam with someone else :/ Cause i see more of divas in distress cast in thc2. But i’m excited of tavia & kenneth relationship in the drama more :D

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanna