Lin Xiawei Denies Plastic Surgery; Kenneth Ma No Chance to Work in China

By on June 13, 2013 in NEWS, Plastic Surgery

Rising star, Lin Xiawei (林夏薇) replaced Aimee Chan (陳茵媺) in Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon (寒山潛龍) as one of the leads in the drama. Looking more beautiful recently with a much sharper chin and nose, speculations rose that she had gone under the knife.

While recording for the variety program Big Fun Hong Kong Free D <千奇百趣Free D> last week, reporters spotted Xiawei and asked her about the changes to her face.  When asked if she has done plastic surgery, Xiawei replied that she has just changed her makeup artist and now uses a new method to improve her features. Apart from that, she said she has lost some weight due to the shooting of the new marital arts drama. She denied receiving plastic surgery.

Asked if she is afraid that people said she used the same surgeon as her cousin, Raymond Lam (林峯), she stressed that all along her chin has been sharp, in fact she hopes her chin to be slightly rounder and feels that at the moment, she does not need anything to be done.  She does not mind if people said she has done enhancements to her face, and feels happy that people think she is prettier.

Kenneth Ma (馬國明) who was also in the studio for the same variety program, explained why he participated in this game show.  He believes that his reactions are slow and he is a boring person so to participate in Super Trio <獎門人> series may end up ruining the mood of the show instead.

Many TVB male artists are rumored to be compensated highly in mainland China. Kenneth said that he has not received any arrangements from TVB to act in mainland China. Within three years, there were six to seven productions inviting him to film, but because of other work commitments, he missed the opportunities. “No heartache, I have been in this industry for so many years, I understand that if it’s yours it will be yours, it cannot be forced. The entertainment industry is very unique. Perhaps in the future there will be a role that elevate my status and asking fees, so there is no heartache now. I believe in a bit of fate as well. I hope that although there is no chance to film in mainland China, I can be like Wayne Lai (黎耀祥), and appear in many advertisements.”

Source: Ming Pao

This article is written by Jennifer for JayneStars.com.

47 comments to Lin Xiawei Denies Plastic Surgery; Kenneth Ma No Chance to Work in China

1. happybi says:

She looks the same to me.. slimmer but not much change..

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
    • Clementine replied:

Me too- she doesn’t look any different to me besides being slimmer o_O

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
  2. Lee says:

The first picture strikes me as bad makeup/contouring… but I can definitely see the family resemblance w/ Raymond’s sister… woof.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
  3. miriamfanz says:

Doesn’t look any different from those two pics… But Raymond did for sure.

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
    • sophia replied:

her nose looks different. She is pretty either way.
      Raymond has a ton of surgeries on his nose and probable somewhere else on his face but then again most of them do nothing shocking.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • pandamao replied:

Agree the nose looks a little different. The tip of it seems like it got fixed but this doesn’t change what i feel about her. She still seems really natural in her acting 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  4. windy says:

hard to say and you never know, first pic def is a bad picture or makeup but second pic def more photoshopped or work done…

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
  5. Hannah says:

she don’t look normal when I 1st saw in tvb serie.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
  6. Jack says:

If we’re to judge by those two pictures, I see there’s no difference in her features. When a person smiles, they will look slightly different. I don’t think she has a nose job.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jack
    • KK replied:

I see no difference too other than the makeup and she’s slimmer. Not like her cousin, LF definitely has a lot done to his face.

Login or Register before you can reply to KK
  7. Kidd says:

My mom thought XLW has had surgery on her chin. She got this conclusion from seeing her in ‘Til Love Do Us Lie’.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Funn Lim replied:

Who is XLW?

• pandamao replied:

Lin Xia Wei?

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
      • Funn Lim replied:

Typo issit?

• Kidd replied:

Yeah, it’s typo. Should be LXW.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  8. Exo jern says:

She really does look a bit like vic choi (yoyo chen’s ex) in the second pic. but she also reminds me of a little bird

Login or Register before you can reply to Exo jern
  9. Khanh says:

I don’t reckon she is that pretty. She is just pretty average in my view.
    Everyone makes out that she is really beautiful but I just don’t see it

Login or Register before you can reply to Khanh

The nose does seem sharper, her chin more prominent. I will think yes she did something. Look at Raymond’s family, normally they look quite different. Now with work done, Ray and LXW sorta look the same with the same chin. Sort of.

Anyway I don’t really like her as an actress. I find her acting… well between Aimee and her, no contest. I like Aimee who has improved a lot but both sort of have the same way of delivering their lines; starts out strong and clear and then talk very fast and fizzled at the end to a whisper.

What about Oceane Zhu? She is beautiful, she is tall, she can act. ok her cantonese is not ok but I believe her cantonese improved a lot.

• Anon replied:

So you prefer Aimee to LXW?

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
      • Funn Lim replied:

If no other choice, I think I do. If got choice, neither.

• Jessica replied:

I dislike LXW and I like Aimee and Oceane as well. Seems like our opinions are pretty unpopular!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
    • sophia replied:

Funn Lim,
      I usually disagree with you haha nothing personal but i agree 100% with you this time.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
    • elle replied:

Hmm I prefer Lin Xia Wei. I find that Aimee still severely underacts despite acting for a few years now. I think LXW has a really smart look and is more natural to watch.
      I like Oceane Zhu. She can act but I want to see her in bigger roles, hopefully soon!

Login or Register before you can reply to elle
  11. buster says:

She looks like the spitting image of Stella Huang Xiang Yi (Singaporean singer who has since retired after getting married).

Login or Register before you can reply to buster
  12. Trang says:

her nose looks different, i bet a nose job

Login or Register before you can reply to Trang
    • sophia replied:

yeah so obvious and she looks better so why not stop lying about it.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • Anti-Fakeness replied:

Agreed, hanging around that pathological liar cousin LF has rubbed off on her.

“Birds of a feather flock together.”

“The thing that you know to be true is the lie that will kill you.”

Login or Register before you can reply to Anti-Fakeness
  13. ha ha idiot says:

i love her.

Login or Register before you can reply to ha ha idiot
  14. anoninhk says:

wouldn’t be surprised if she has had it. open secret that tvb ships its artists off to have plastic surgery.

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
    • sophia replied:

i know no big deal. Nowadays fixing 1 thing is very normal even for regular people. They work in entertainment industry so they need appearance. So its fine as along as you are not over do it. But dont deny it. I am ok with he but her denying make me like her less.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
  15. HeTieShou says:

She sort of looks like Raymond’s sister in the first photo.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • KK replied:

Isn’t Ray’s sister said to resemble Wong Cho Nam?

Login or Register before you can reply to KK
  16. TVBFanatic says:

Looks to me that the nose has been tweaked. Everything else looks the same.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  17. Pi says:

Still ugly.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pi
  18. AL says:

I like Lin Xiawei…hope she have a bright future too…add oil

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  19. longhair says:

Seriously, are Hong Kong people that fascinated by plastic surgery??? It seems that a lot of news is about people denying they have had ps

Login or Register before you can reply to longhair
    • msxie replied:

Not just HK. Plastic surgery is big in
      S Korea, China, Taiwan, Japan, Hollywood, Venezuela…the list is long.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
    • Crystal replied:

Really HK? Plastic surgery, the first thing that should pop up is South Korea. I cannot even tell if I am being racist when I claim most Koreans got something done to their faces….

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
      • HeTieShou replied:

Yea, when I think of PS, South Korea comes up in my mind first. I have heard that many parents there save money in a fund for their kids to get plastic surgery believe it or not. PS is often given as gifts as well. People in South Korea are so much more open when it comes to PS. I once read an article about it which has a very thorough discussion about it which was really interesting. They mentioned that Koreans even come up each other on the street if they see someone with a nice nose for example, and ask them where they got it done. It is like PS is becoming like shopping.. However, I find it strange that many South Koreans celebs still don’t want to admit it even when it is so obvious.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  20. HeTieShou says:

She looks about the same, but even IF she did something it was probably very minor. However, of course she will not admit it just like the rest of them who always exclaim “I am natural and it the make up!”.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  21. c3 says:

i’m quite into this kind of work, and it seems to me she had work done as well. i wonder why nobody ever questions KM’s nose…

Login or Register before you can reply to c3
    • Pi replied:

Too ugly already, can’t reform uglier.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pi
  22. Lol says:

Who cares, it’s her face…just admit it and get it over with…it’s pretty obvious…the nose is different. Either way she still reminds me of Angelina Ballerina lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  23. UNI says:

No doubt she did. In the second picture .. her NOSE tip arches up. She looks like the prettier version of Raymond Lam’s sister. Doesn’t anyone agree?

Login or Register before you can reply to UNI
    • HeTieShou replied:

Yea, she does look like the prettier version of Ray’s sister. I think she may have gotten some work done, but it is probably very minor. But of course, she will refuse to admit it.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  24. wen says:

A bit out of point but the typo in this article made me spit out my tea 😀

“new marital arts drama”, i wonder what kind of marital arts there are 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to wen
  25. yesyesy says:

Still ugly

Login or Register before you can reply to yesyesy