JayneStars.com logo

Linda Chung’s Ambitious Music and Acting Goals

By on February 11, 2013

Linda Chung’s Ambitious Music and Acting Goals thumbnail

“Each new year, I hope to have a breakthrough. I’ve been waiting all along. I hope that 2013 will be a brave year,” Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) said.

Born under the sign of the rat, Linda’s career is predicted to prosper in the Year of the Golden Snake. The hardworking 28-year-old aims high and eyes the Best Actress Award and Female Singer Awards in 2013.

Acting Goals

As more TVB artists are participating in mainland projects, Linda yearns for the chance to film in China as well. Although the filming fees in mainland China are several times higher than in Hong Kong, Linda’s main motivation is not money, but rather the chance to improve her acting skills and widen her perspective.

Linda also believes that it is time to attempt roles she has not portrayed, such as villain roles. In the past, she feared acting such roles due to her own lack of confidence and others’ perceptions of her. Linda wishes to step away from her own comfort zone in order to push herself further and give audiences a refreshing feeling.

Current TVB dramas contain heavy-flavored scenes such as rape and revealing bed scenes to attract ratings. Actresses such as Kate Tsui (徐子珊) and Samantha Ko (高海寧) received wide publicity for their rape scenes in Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒> and Friendly Fire <法網狙擊> respectively. Despite her pure image, Linda is also willing to film such scenes provided they are necessary for the script.

“I’m okay [with such scenes]. I don’t like to be restricted. If it’s necessary for the character, I can accept it. Of course, it shouldn’t be included haphazardly.”

Music Goals

Last year, Linda received surprisingly positive results with her music album, Love Love Love, which achieved platinum sales status. Linda also received multiple music awards, including the Best Female Singer title at the 2012 Metro Radio Hits Music Awards.

Since entering the industry for 8 years, last year was the least stressful year for Linda. “When you leave behind your stubbornness and tension, then what belongs to you will naturally come.”

Linda will hold her first mini-concert this year. “It’s important to take the first step. If the mini-concert has a good response, then there is a chance to strive for a bigger performance platform. Similar to Raymond Lam (林峯), my goal is the Hong Kong Coliseum. I don’t know if I will have the opportunity, but I will focus my goal towards this path. I am mentally preparing myself.”

Source: Ming Pao

Tags:

• Ruco Chan and Linda Chung’s “All That is Bitter is Sweet” Airs September 9(58)
  • Philip Ng Sees Another Woman Behind Linda Chung's Back?(49)
  • Linda Chung and Cast Film "Elegant Transformation" in Blaring Heat(4)
  • Alex Fong and Linda Chung Film “Elegant Transformation” Under Hot Sun(27)
  • Liza Wang Returns as Intimidating Diva in "Elegant Transformation"(20)
  • Damian Lau Wants to Film "Elegant Transformation" in Canada(16)
  • TVB's "Elegant Transformation" Halts Plans to Film in Vietnam(66)
  • Kate Tsui Shows Off Killer Body in New Slimming Ad(55)
  • TVB Artistes Film MV to Promote 2014 World Cup Brazil(31)
  • Philip Ng Attends Linda Chung’s Birthday Party(15)

• Readers' Comments (24)

1. Nori says:

Wish you all the best, Linda! Happy Lunar New Year!

2. Godon Lim says:

I hope she succeeds in her goals this year. She just needs more exposure and a good break through /worthing role to get her it. Dethrone Tavia Linda!!!! You have my support.

3. RLF Lover says:

Linda has definitely improved over the years and I believe her talent will take her even further this year! I hope she’ll achieve her goals.

Can’t wait for her to have a concert in Malaysia!

4. monica wong says:

my support out to tavia yeung & linda chung my two favorite females!!

• Clementine says:

me too- although i much prefer Tavia’s acting a lot more, I think Linda’s improved hell of a lot over the years (although very gradually, it’s still an improvement!)Wish her all the best with her music career as well. Quite like her songs!

5. Nelly says:

Unfortunate that I don’t like her acting or singing but I like her as a person. Well she’s definitely ambitious!

6. sandcherry says:

My suggestion ……. if Linda Chung wants to act different types of characters and give people different images, she will have to cut her long hair. Change her hair style and her image completely. Otherwise she will always be acting Linda Chung’s character.

• sandcherry says:

No matter which drama series Linda is in, I always see her as the same Linda Chung. She may be a happy and bubbling Linda, or a sad and crying Linda.

• Clementine says:

I agree- I know acting performance may mean everything, but if her image is always going to be similar if not the same, for me as one of the audience, I will ALWAYS see her as Linda Chung (whether she is in or out of character). No matter how wow or ‘different’ her performance/character in different series, I alway see it as The Linda Chung crossover. Not sure why she never changes her image (not saying she has to all of a sudden cut it boy short or dye her hair fire red..but at least have a different style cut if she’s still sticking to long lengths)maybe she signed a contract of some sort…it’s great that she can still maintain her pure, innocent girl-next-door image in such a industry, but in a way it’s acting like a boundary for her to showcase her versatility as an actress imo.

• sanrio says:

I agree, her roles are always the same, there’s no breakthrough at all. Same emotions, same characteristics, same acting. Her acting doesn’t seem to improve. She does not have the potential for the villain roles, or characters that are beyond the good and innocent girl image.

• sandcherry says:

I think Linda Chung has improved a lot in her acting (as well as her singing), but with the same image people don’t see it.

If she is a singer, she does not need to change her image much. But as an actress, she needs to give people the actual image of her character in a drama series. Image helps a lot in giving people the characteristics of a character. It also restricts her in acting. She will not be able to act more mature roles in future.

7. yeungforlife says:

@ monica wong
      yeah! linda chung, we’ll support you!

Tavia took home Best Actress last year, so now it’s ur turn to go for it!!!

8. Bubblez says:

I hope she achieves her goals in 2013

9. shyn yuen says:

Wish her all the best!

10. sushiroll says:

it’s really just a matter of when TVB is going to give it to her really.

11. H says:

I like her as an actress but her singing is just bad. It also shows the current state of the HK music industry which is sad.

12. Eunice says:

I’m beginning to like Linda more in terms of her person and her acting. But I have to be honest and say her singing is only mediocre, you can’t call it good. Her live singing is pretty bad actually. It used to be so prestigious to be able to perform at the Coliseum, but not anymore…

• sandcherry says:

Linda’s singing is pretty bad because she has a very weak voice. However, I think she has improved quite a bit lately. She was not too bad when she sang as 2012 TVB anniversary awards ceremony.

13. Uptown girl says:

I do agree ^^ The state of hk singers is poor. It used to be at the one of the top in asia and standards were very high. Maybe you or I could perform in the coliseum? When I heard she’s going to get a concert, I frowned at that idea but its a mini one so I guess that’s okay. But coliseum? Does she have that many fans? She is a hard worker but I really think that she should stick to acting where she’s must stronger there and focus on one. Even LF cannot have both, he has more awards in singing than acting as seen in tvb awards and I really wished he focused on acting more. But I must add, she is very lucky to have such a smooth career ever since she entered during her pageant days.

14. Sherrie says:

i think she already had her breakthrough which was in the journey called life..? she played a bad girl and it was pretty good.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: