JayneStars.com logo

Myolie Wu and Linda Chung’s New Year off to a Promising Start

By on February 11, 2013

Myolie Wu and Linda Chung’s New Year off to a Promising Start thumbnail

While many artists celebrate and look forward to a new year of opportunities, TVB fadans Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) and Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) belong to the handful of lucky ones who already have jobs lined up for the entire calendar Year of the Snake.

Myolie already has two series which will air this year, including  Season of Love <戀愛季節> and Triumph in the Skies 2 <衝上雲霄II>.  She is also expanding her presence in China and hopes to move ahead into the mainland market at full speed. “I love my work and I feel that 365 days in the year is not enough. I will begin filming Rosy Business 3 <巾幗梟雄之諜血長天> at the end of this month, which is definitely a challenge after reading the script, so I hope to put more emphasis and time into my role. If my schedule allows, I do wish to film in the mainland , so I’m waiting for the right script.”

Myolie believes that she has Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) to thank for all the opportunities and helping to raise her star status, after the duo appeared at several mainland awards ceremonies together.

On the other hand, Linda Chung enjoyed a prosperous year by starring in many commercials. “I’m very happy to be the new ‘Commercial Queen’ and gained a new nickname as ‘BB’ because it brings me closer to my fans. With the four TVB series that aired last year, more people recognize me on the street!”

When asked about her plans for 2013, Linda wants to learn more languages because she wants to work with Korean star Ji Sung. “I hope that TVB works more closely with South Korea because I want to star in a romantic series with Ji Sung. He portrayed a character with memory loss before, which is something I would like to tackle onscreen as well!”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Natalie for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , ,

• Chilam Cheung and Linda Chung Win TV King and TV Queen at TVB Stars Awards Malaysia 2013(276)
  • Will 30 Million RMB Sway Tavia Yeung Away from TVB?(102)
  • What to Watch in 2014 Hong Kong Dramas(64)
  • Myolie Wu and Fala Chen Will Not Appear in “Triumph in the Skies” Movie?(49)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • Latest 2013 TVB Anniversary Award Predictions – Chilam Cheung Still Reigns(151)
  • TVB Artists Rewarded with Salary Boost at Year-End Feast(20)
  • Chilam Cheung to Win TV King at 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(184)
  • [STYLE] TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2013(62)
  • 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards: Best Actor and Best Actress Nominations Leaked(252)

• Readers' Comments (22)

1. lkv says:

:) I do not know why but I really do not like Myolie’s smile – feeling it so fake

• Cloud9 says:

Normal All Star smile usually fake. Maybe Linda authentic smiles?

• MT says:

Myolie’s smile may be fake, but not as fake as Linda’s “I’m pure and I’m a virgin” attitude and her sickening closeness with her fans. PUKE!

2. krize150 says:

Hope to see Myolie film another mainland series after Rosy Business 3. Hope she can film a Tangren series too with Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi.

3. Bubblez says:

I hope that TVB works with South Korea! Seems like a good idea :’)

• Nelly says:

That’ll be strange. I hope not. I like my Kdramas with no tvb flavor thank you.

• Bubblez says:

Of course not! I do not want to see that either.
          Aside from those traditional kdramas, what I mean is that maybe have one or two collaboration dramas (eg. drive of life) with some Korean counterparts as well as TVB. Those collaboration dramas seems to have a good response, i think.

• Nelly says:

Drive of life was boring for me. Call me biased, but I love my Kdramas more than tvb ones so that thought seriously disturbs me lol…both cultures are different so that is interesting but still a big fat “no” for me lol.

• Bubblez says:

I like kdramas over tvb dramas, well at least the most recent ones :)

And i agree that it’s two different cultures. But i think like maybe having 1-2 korean people to guest star wont be so terrible. :/

4. P. Tan says:

These 2 girls already have great opportunities in the year ahead to show off their acting talents and it makes me glad to wish them all the very best for 2013.Hope for Myolie to wotk with Kevin again as they have proved really to be a great pair together.

5. ace says:

Linda Chung’s new nickname is “BB”? Ha, that’s just weird!

• TVBaddict says:

I know right!??!?!? Considering the fact that Raymond’s “BB” speech stirred so much drama… :3

6. Woooo says:

Korean and hong kong dramas are so so different. Korean dramas can focus on a couple the entire time and their relationship but hong kong dramas are great with their storyline (eg. Police, hospital, law, restaurant, pawn shop,bank etc) and dialogues

• Bubblez says:

true, but I think it would be interesting to see one collaboration drama between South korea and Hong Kong.. :/

• Uptown girl says:

Like I said, its strange if it comes true. No way, I enjoy some tvb dramas but never with any collaborations with mainland dramas. Let the Korean experts handle romantic dramas.

7. Bubblez says:

It’s a challenge for both sides. If this is going to be true, they will have to overcome the obstacles.

And I just think it’s a neat idea. Like how Linda Chung wants to work with a specific Korean actor.

8. hannahh says:

Goodluck Myolie! Support u!

9. gold says:

at last a normal pix of myolie, not very photoshop type

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: