Niki Chow to Film New TVB Series with Raymond Wong

By on December 9, 2010 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Appearing at a mall promotional event, Niki Chow Lai Kei danced with a child who had Down’s Syndrome. Niki had fun with the child and encouraged the public to not be prejudiced against children with special needs. For Christmas, Niki revealed that she will be singing before fans and holding an autograph session.

In January, Niki will film Producer Lee Tim Sing’s new TVB series with Raymond Wong Ho Yin. It will be Niki’s first time working with Producer Lee. “Although Tim Gor will be retiring soon, he still asked me to star in a series. His invitation moved me a lot!”

Source: the Sun

Jayne: It will be interesting to see how Raymond Wong pairs with Niki Chow. I actually think Niki would pair very well with Raymond Lam as well, but his filming schedule is so packed next year.

22 comments to Niki Chow to Film New TVB Series with Raymond Wong

1. pandamao says:

niki looks a little too tall to pair with raymond lam. raymond wong looks lengthy so maybe that’s a better pair.

i wonder what the series is about …

tim gor retiring? that’s a sad news!

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  2. dai sinjie says:

Jayne. Is this going to be another period piece or a modern series? Would like to see Tim Gor’s take on modern family and business rivalry.

Haven’t watched a truly engrossing TVB modern classic series since The Greed Of Man.

Login or Register before you can reply to dai sinjie
  3. Aly says:

I will surely miss Tim Gor’s productions when he retires. I usually enjoy his productions. He does seem to focus a lot on the costume and period series. Niki seems more suited for modern series though. There must be a reason why he chose her. Hope it will be a good production.

Login or Register before you can reply to Aly

Oh please don’t! I think she’s awful.

And he’s retiring? When?

5. HeTieShou says:

I heard about him retiring. What a big loss it will be to TVB. I wonder if they will continue to produce anymore decent series. I still remember back in the 80s when Wong Tian Lin produced so many great wuxia JY series… Those were the days.. I really miss the old nostalgic days sooo much…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  6. Kidd says:

Since Tim Gor also said he has hope to work with Raymond Lam (he initially wanted Raymond to be in Fist of Stances), I hope he can get his wish before he retire. It will be interesting to see Raymond Lam in Tim Gor’s series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  7. Sarah says:

I heard that the new seires will be a pre-modern one…

Login or Register before you can reply to Sarah
  8. Lacey says:

ahh man Raymond Wong again…

Login or Register before you can reply to Lacey
  9. jayzemine says:

Glad I was not the only one who thinks Nikki can’t act. I am not sure why she is in so many movies? Tall and pretty, not as pretty as her sister, but acting, uh no. just my personal opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayzemine
  10. fox says:

Tim sir first chose Raymond Lam for this series, but as Raymond Lam signed contract to be in Ad Mania a mainland series before that, he can’t be in this series.

Login or Register before you can reply to fox
  11. pandamao says:

I hope Nikki isn’t the only leading actress in this series.

I’ll skip this series if it’s only her. She’s so dull. I have not enjoyed a single series from her.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  12. star says:

Wow, finally. A series with niki in. I’ve been waiting for niki to be in a series for a while now. Her acting is not as bad as people say.. but yes, I think her sister Kathy Chow is alot sexier.

Login or Register before you can reply to star
  13. Vivien says:

I don’t like Niki’s acting or singing. She’s mostly relying on her looks.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien

However much I don’t like her acting or even the way she conducts herself, I must admit I was very impressed with her intellect in terms of Chinese language. I saw her in the chinese words programme (can’t remember the name) and she was very intelligent in the way she could identify and read many words most can’t even if she didn’t understand the usage AND her handwriting is beautiful. By her handwriting alone I can see she is rather educated in that sense.

15. HeTieShou says:

I have not seen her act yet so can’t comment. Is it really that bad??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  16. Fiona says:

Login or Register before you can reply to Fiona
  17. clamine says:

@Funn Lim, it is probably the Book of Words gameshow, of which Steven Ma was the champion after defeating Evergreen and Koni Lui in the grand finale.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine

Thanks Clamine, yes that’s the one. What a difficult gameshow!

Steven won?! Seriously?! And Evergreen too came 2nd/3rd?! WOW!

19. Vivien says:

“I honestly don’t think her acting is that bad. In fact, she has won the most improved tvb actress once. Shld be in 2005 or 2006. I enjoyed watching her in under the canopy of love and the seventh day.”

She robbed Leila Tong for the award. She also keep using the same expressions in her acting. She was criticized in 7th Day.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  20. Kidd says:

@ Funn,

Steven Ma winning is not surprising. He has published several books already (and it’s not cookbooks) and his blog writings has always been eloquent.

I’m more suprised at Koni Lui because I thought she more banana kinda of girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  21. P. Tan says:

I have only watched Nikki in ‘Under the Canopy of Love’ and ‘The Seventh Day’ and with the same main actor, Kevin Cheng, and they seemed to be a good pair. Her acting, to me, in the anove series, seems good but not outstanding. Let’s see how she performs with her new leading man, Raymond Wong. I look forward to that.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
  22. Katie says:

Producer Lee Tim Sing is retiring, but in 2 years. Due to the recent (renewal) contract he just signed with TVB. Just so you know. (:

Login or Register before you can reply to Katie