JayneStars.com logo

Plastic Surgery: Yang Mi’s Nose And Jaw Refinement

By on March 6, 2012

Plastic Surgery: Yang Mi’s Nose And Jaw Refinement thumbnail

Note: This article is written for JayneStars.com. DO NOT re-post this article on any other websites. No part of this article may be copied, reproduced, rearranged, redistributed, modified by any means or in any form whatsoever without prior written permission.  You may use the content online and for your non-commercial, personal use only. Copying these materials for anything other than your personal use is a violation of copyright laws.

Should you wish to share this article, we recommend that you: (i) link directly to the article at JayneStars.com on your website; or (ii) link directly to article via social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

Mainland actress, Yang Mi’s (杨幂) beauty was often questioned whether it was surgically enhanced. Recently, a Weibo user by the name of “Catwalk Lam Si San” (Catwalk林诗珊) claimed to be Yang Mi’s former friend, allegedly accompanying the actress to receive plastic surgery in South Korea! The true identity of “Catwalk” remained unknown, but her claims aroused widespread speculation as to whether Yang Mi had indeed received plastic surgery.

Catwalk wrote on Weibo, “Originally, I thought that we were good friends. For your music recording, I stayed overnight at the studio waiting for you. For your face, I spent one week in South Korea with you! And your matters with the production crew…I have not told any outsiders. Now, you do this to me! In this case, we will look out for ourselves in the future!” Catwalk flagged the post to Yang Mi’s attention.

Although Catwalk’s post was suspected to be fraudulent and perhaps a prank, the message aroused widespread interest in whether Yang Mi had indeed received plastic surgery procedures. Chinese search engines were flooded with visitors querying whether Yang Mi had gone under the knife.

Yang Mi Denies Plastic Surgery

Appearing at a press conference for mainland China idol drama, Chinese Girl <中国女孩>, Yang Mi  noted that the allegations were false and did not know who Catwalk was. Yang Mi stated, “At first, I minded the rumors. Now I treat myself as a spectator, watching others play a farce. It was not the first time that someone claimed to know me personally. I felt that everyone’s reaction was too strong, as I felt that the allegations were too fake!”

Old Photos Hint At Changing Face

Comparing Yang Mi’s old photos to her current features, it may be highly possible that she did receive cosmetic enhancements. As a child, Yang Mi exhibited a strong nose hook, which she carried in her late teenage years (see middle photo). However, her recent photos show a more refined nose tip from her former years.

Upon closer inspection, it appeared that the shape of Yang Mi’s jawline appeared significantly rounder in recent years. In the past, than angle of her jawline was quite sharp, lending to a somewhat squarish effect, while recent photos revealed Yang Mi’s jawline (the point where the jaw meets the ears) to be much rounder.

Yang Mi was blessed with good looks at birth. The cosmetic procedures done to her nose and jaw did refine her features, improving the overall proportion and symmetry of her face.

Jayne: Yang Mi’s chest was also speculated as to whether it is natural as well, but a preliminary image search did not produce the answer.

Tags: ,

• Yang Mi is a Dictating and Arrogant Daughter-in-Law?(98)
  • Yang Mi Takes Hiatus After Giving Birth(7)
  • Yang Mi Shares First Photo of Daughter Online(3)
  • Unable to Stand In-Laws, Yang Mi Moves to New House for Postpartum Recovery?(135)
  • Lau Dan Shares Amicable Relationship with Daughter-in-Law, Yang Mi(6)
  • Yang Mi Leaves Hospital with Newborn Daughter(39)
  • Hawick Lau and Yang Mi Welcome Baby Girl(13)
  • “Tiny Times 3.0” Opens July 17 in China  (2)
  • 2014 Forbes China Celebrity 100 List: Fan Bingbing Ranked First (55)
  • Hawick Lau Grateful For Father’s Upbringing(11)

• Readers' Comments (49)

1. Janelle says:

even if she did plastic surgery i dun think she did much on her face coz she look pretty from young..compare to other female artist..anyway she look great..

2. HeTieShou says:

I think she did have some minor work done, but her natural look was already pretty attractive already. I once again, think that it is sad that they have to lie to their teeth about getting work done…

• exoidus says:

Bc the chinese people hate losing “face” especially among the elder generation. “Face” is worth more than life or even $100.000 worth of gold bars, LOL.

Well she only did some minor stuff as she was already a pretty gal and the “corrections” were rather unnecessary in my eyes. Some make-up would do wonders :)

• HeTieShou says:

I know but IF getting PS is that embarrassing and will cause you to lose face, then why do it in the first place and then lie about it?? I feel that if you don’t even have the courage to admit it, then don’t do it…

3. Joan says:

Are there any actresses from China that did not go under the knife?

4. apple says:

I don’t think so, she look the same to me, only lost some baby fats and heavy make-up.

• HeTieShou says:

Losing baby fat and using make up cannot change your nose that much as well as your face shape. She definately went under the knife. I wonder if she got her teeth done to replace all of the teeth that she lost from lying so much???

OMG! Jayne you gave me a scare!!!! Definitely a nose job and teeth job

• Jayne says:

Funn,
        While the results are noticeable…Yang Mi still looked attractive in the before photos.

I’ll say Angelababy’s makeover was more shocking.

• HeTieShou says:

Yea, Yang Mi’s plastic surgery was very minor compared to Angelababy, Viann and PSS.

• Veejay says:

Agree that Angelababy’s makeover is indeed shocking. I’d like to add that viann’s too is shocking but still in denial for having PS done.

Funny thing is people already knew about their PS .. lol

• HeTieShou says:

Viann and Angelababy are both so pathetic… Wait until one day when something falls off, I wonder if they will admit then??

• HeTieShou says:

I also wanted to add, please don’t remind me about the nose. I got a hit to my nose the other day. I was totally imagining that if I had my nose done, what would have happened….I wonder what would happen to them if they got hit in the nose??

• Veejay says:

HTS,

It depends on how PS your nose were done and how severe your got hit I think. I think PS nowadays is pretty modern and advanced, parts won’t fall off that easily and most PS result are already pretty natural (provided you got your job done at those Expensive and certified surgeons).

Veejay,
          Yea, I know that but still something that is not natural is still more dangerous in my opinion..

• Veejay says:

Im not sure if this is true or false, I heard this from a friend of mine, she said those ppl who had PS will have their new tissue grow with those plastic that was installed under your skin. Meaning the nose will take shape as per the new shape because new tissue will grow and form accordingly to the shape.. sorry if u still dont get me, I’m not a doc so i can’t explain that in detail lol.

Veejay,
          Not too sure about that and have not heard about it before either.. I do know that one of my mom’s friend’s had a nose job that had gone bad and became sick because of it. She then had to get it taken out and looked even worse then she did before. But she lied to my mom about it. My mom then found out from others about what really happened.

Veejay,
          I also heard that if you have had plastic surgery, as you age, the areas that were “fixed” start to look fake and stand out in a negative way. Since they were not naturally a part of you, as your body ages, those parts don’t really age with you so they begin to look artificial. Not too sure but that’s what I heard so I don’t know if it is true or false…

I hardly think chin, nose, cheeks whatever jobs are minor. I feel it is major work done but not extensive.

• HeTieShou says:

I agree but I think Yang Mi did not change her nose and chin as much as Viann, PSS and Angelababy did. At least Yang Mi still looks like herself while Viann, PSS and Angelababy all look like completely different people.

• Jayne says:

HeTieShou,
          Yang Mi had nice features to begin with, particularly the lively eyes and strong nose shape. Her nose tip may have been a bit long….

Yang Mi resembles Audrey Hepburn so much…very delicate features. Even with her former angular jawline, I think she looked fine. I couldn’t tell if there were some derma fillers injected into the jaw to make it protrude more and give a stronger chin though.

As for Mavis Pan, Viann Zhang, and Angelababy, due to the sheer number of changes and jobs done, they weren’t too happy with how they looked in the past.

• Funn Lim says:

Audrey Hepburn as in elfin like face? Or is it pixie like? I disagree. And I don’t like her lips. Gives me an impression she is tragic.

• Jayne says:

Funn,
          Ever since I saw Yang Mi, I have thought that she has a striking resemblance to Audrey Hepburn. Hmm…maybe you might agree after you see these photos:

Audrey Hepburn photos:

Yang Mi’s photos

Agree that Yang Mi has a tragic look to her, due to her eyes and elfin face. I think she possesses a very memorable face though, especially since she reminds me of Audrey Hepburn so much.

• Fox says:

Among 3 famous PSed girls, I think PSS did the less – only in lips and eyes got 2 clearer eyelids. The childhood picture in her weibo look the same to her now except the lips.

• Fox says:

If you based on the pix provided by the reporters (she wore a red Tee) then it was photoshoped in some parts to make her seem to be different.

Jayne,
          Yea, Yang Mi naturally looked cute and attractive already. I did not feel that she needed to have anything done. I don’t think she looks that much like Audrey Hepburn, but I can sort of see the resemblance.
          I can tell that Viann, Mavis and Angelababy were not happy about how they originally looked. What is sad is that they still deny PS rumours. I remember when everyone said that Gong Mi had it and she denied it saying that it was disrespectful to change what her parents gave her. Sorry but I think Gong mi had things done as well so she sounds even more pathetic to say that…

Fox,
          I think PSS did her nose as well… You can see how different her nose was before…

• Fox says:

I don’t think so. PSS’s nose dun look change compared with her kid pic.

7. Hannah says:

All good to see she’s naturally beautiful since young although has some minor surgery. i love her n her acting is awesome!

8. Cloud says:

I think she also did breast implants; they’re too big for her thin size; and she used to be flat in that area not that long ago.

It’s really difficult to find beautiful Chinese actresses that are natural these days.

• peary says:

I believe there are still natural beauties from mainland. I think dong jie is very angelic looking. And I really like the mainland supermodels that are making it big such as Du Juan, Liu Wen etc etc

9. sushiroll says:

It would be better if there was a full front picture of the “after” Yang Mi. Can’t tell, it’s still looks hook nose to the side. Looks a lot like Ruco Chan’s nose.

10. Khanh says:

No matter what yang mi has done to her face. She still looks lovely and pretty and more natural than most actress these days especially ones in mainland china. Love yang mi no matter what :)

11. advo says:

Definitely a nose job. Her natural nose did detract from her beauty so I can understand why she had it “corrected”. I don’t mind if people are unhappy with one feature and has it changed, but I think extensive surgeries that alter your facial features completely is crazy.

12. Vivien says:

She might did but not too much. Just minor ones and she already pretty

13. Fox says:

She looks very pretty even before the PS with the chin. In fact I think prettier.

14. lol says:

Yang Mi has looked cute and pretty since a child :D

15. Addy says:

I’ve recently watched a film that starred her and Chen Kun, called “The Door” (which is a terrible film. don’t waste your time watching it), and she looked very different. I don’t know if it’st he makeup, or she really did do something to her nose.

But makeup really does wonders!

16. Lana says:

Yang Mi hasn’t had any work done. She once filmed a kissing scene with Hu Ge and their nose bridges hit each others and her nose was bleeding from it. She said afterwards “at least this proves I didn’t get a nose job”. As for her jawline/chin, she admitted she had braces to ‘correct’ her jawline. Apparently she did this because an oval face shape is considered to be more attractive. However, they were braces and not plastic surgery. Also, don’t forget she extracted four teeth out for her role in ‘The Door’. I believe all theses things (and the weight loss/gain/workload) has led to her changing appearance!

• Funn Lim says:

Huh? You mean if you did a nose job it will be like steel? Can’t punch it? Won’t bleed?

• HeTieShou says:

Ok, that doesn’t make sense to me. Are you saying that she can’t get a bloody nose if you got your nose done?? I thought that your nose would be a lot more sensitive after getting it done??

• Lana says:

I’m not actually too sure about the nose thing, I’ve been reading her forum and that’s what her and her co-star was saying in an interview apparently. If you’re interested, the forum is on spcnet :)

17. VIcki says:

Although she may have had some work done, I think they are very minor.

I can still see a lot of resemblance from what she looked like before to what she looks like now.

• min says:

yang mi got do plastic surgery? i like to watch her show palace. got any related drama such as palace and scarlet heart? which show nice scarlet heart or palace? liu shi shi got do plastic surgery?

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: