By on October 23, 2015 in NEWS

The 2015 StarHub TVB Awards Ceremony will be held on Saturday, October 24, in Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands. Although the ceremony has not yet taken place, tabloids are speculating that Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Liza Wang (汪明荃) will be titled TV King and Queen of the night.

Reportedly, Ruco will be winning the My Favourite TVB Actor award for the second time in Singapore for his performance in Captain of Destiny <張保仔>. On the other hand, Liza will be taking home the My Favourite TVB Actress award for her performance in Limelight Years <華麗轉身>. During an interview with the press regarding such predictions, Ruco admitted that he is happy. “Singapore is a place I really admire, and getting the top award twice in a row means that viewers enjoy my acting. Of course I’m happy! I want to thank the producer and Mrs. Catherine Tsang (曾勵珍).”

Earlier, tabloids claimed that Ruco is demoted by TVB with no awards to win and no dramas to film. Ruco expressed, “The award predictions prove that the demotion rumors are false! I always have confidence in myself when it comes to the annual awards ceremonies.”

Edwin Siu (蕭正楠) and Priscilla Wong (黃翠如), who are a couple in reality, are said to win the My Favourite TVB On-Screen Couple awards. Furthermore, they are speculated to take home the My Favourite TVB Male TV Character and My Favourite TVB Female TV Character awards, which have been each awarded to six artistes last year. Priscilla expressed that if she does win an award, it will serve as her birthday gift.

Tavia Yeung (楊怡), Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Eliza Sam (岑麗香), Grace Chan (陳凱琳), and Adam Cheng (鄭少秋) arrived together at Hong Kong International Airport this morning for their flight to Singapore. When asked if she has confidence in winning TV Queen, Linda replied, “Awards are not important. It’s more important that viewers enjoyed the dramas. I see a possibility for Liza in Limelight Years.”

Grace admitted that she has no confidence in taking home an award. She expressed, “I think my performance was mediocre. I have confidence in Tracy Chu (朱千雪) and Jacqueline Wong (黃心穎). They’re really good! It’s my first time attending an awards ceremony, and I’m already happy to be able to walk down the red carpet.”

Source: On.cc

This article was written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

25 comments to Ruco Chan and Liza Wang to be TV King and Queen at Singapore’s 2015 StarHub Awards?

1. Profile photo of janet72 janet72 says:

華麗轉身 is a touching drama. I love the songs sung by Liza. as for TV King, it’s a no-brainer question…RUCO CHAN for his role as 11th prince, my hero.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    • Profile photo of arc78 arc78 replied:

@janet72 Limelight Years is underrated and deserves more mention, even Linda acted above expectation although she is not well matched with Alex Fung.
      The acting this year is kind of weak. For lack of competition, Liza should get the Best Actress. Hopefully the anniversary series will provide good competition for the acting categories.

Login or Register before you can reply to arc78
  2. Profile photo of freedalas freedalas says:

Yes, 華麗轉身 was a very meaningful drama, very rare coming out from TVB studios these days. Liza, almost like playing out her life story, certainly deserves the award but mainly because no other female leads were really given any outstanding roles. As for Ruco, no brainer like you said. He’s miles ahead of anyone else and I hope in HK, TVB will do the right thing to crown him too.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
    • Profile photo of rucolove rucolove replied:

@freedalas
      Keeping my finger crossed for Ruco. The last polling results show Moses Chan winning the crown (:

Login or Register before you can reply to rucolove
      • Profile photo of janet72 janet72 replied:

@rucolove oh please…don’t give it to Moses….his role in that ghost drama was hardly impressive. for that Mui, please don’t give her the most improved award because she hasn’t.

hope ruco gets the award in Singapore as well as HK. he truly deserves it.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
      • Profile photo of isay isay replied:

@janet72 Grace is best newcomer as expected.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
  3. Profile photo of isay isay says:

Yes Ruco has won the Starhub BA for Man Ho. A well deserved win! Congrats Ruco

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
    • Profile photo of janet72 janet72 replied:

@isay best actor award? He didn’t get TV king award?
      Ruco deserves the award anyway. Happy for him.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
      • Profile photo of isay isay replied:

@janet72 Best actor is same as TV king.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
  4. Profile photo of rucolove rucolove says:

Yes, he definitely deserves this highest accolade. A pity though that altho he won this title for his role as 11th prince in COD which also won the best tv drama award, he did not win the My Fav Male Char Award which is given to at least 6 actors. My guess is that they need to take his share n give to someone else to ” save face ” for that person.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucolove
    • Profile photo of janet72 janet72 replied:

@rucolove there are several tvb actors invited…guess it’s not nice for them to go home empty handed.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
      • Profile photo of rucolove rucolove replied:

@janet72 in the past, Ruco had gone home empty handed. I wonder why Kevin Cheng did not get any award. Imo, he should get my fave male char for his role in Eye in the Sky. Could it be becos he did not turn up, they gave his award to someone else?

Login or Register before you can reply to rucolove
  5. Profile photo of janet72 janet72 says:

Did that Mui 头 win anything?

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    • Profile photo of rucolove rucolove replied:

@janet72 She won 2 awards while Ruco won only 1.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucolove
      • Profile photo of janet72 janet72 replied:

@rucolove what???? now I must say something is wrong here. how can that goldfish with no acting ability win 2 awards???

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  6. Profile photo of says:

Ruco definitely deserve the My Best Actor award.
    Hopefully , TVB will tailor a role specially for him and cast him with stronger lead female . No more Aimee Chan or Selina Li!! But it seems that there are very few female lead in TVB these days to match him.

Login or Register before you can reply to
    • Profile photo of rucolove rucolove replied:

@thpk Tavia and Charmaine are still around. Hope he will be given opportunites to act in big productions /movies.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucolove
      • Profile photo of replied:

@rucolove dun really fancy Tavia and Ruco. Seems no spark between them and that might bring Ruco down in the drama . Rather , I hope they can cast Eliza Sam or mayb (Tracy Chu- personally I quite like her) . Charmaine may look too old for him,lol

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • Profile photo of jleee jleee replied:

@rucolove How about Linda? Love their chemistry on screen~

Login or Register before you can reply to jleee
      • Profile photo of replied:

@jleee yes, agree. It always appear to me that both Linda and Ruco have that chemistry when acting together.As online couple, they will be irresistible provided that there is well written script tailor for them.

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • Profile photo of jjwong jjwong replied:

@jleee yo, Linda would’ve been perfect for this Mui role. The self absorb, naivety and wishy-washy attitude is right up her alley. She would’ve been a mich more effective Mui albeit it’s still a poorly written character. If they moved Grace to Kelly’a character, I think she would’ve fared out better and gained more fan/likes.

Login or Register before you can reply to jjwong
    • Profile photo of janet72 janet72 replied:

@thpk then I must say aimee is better than grace many times.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  7. Profile photo of kaykay408 kaykay408 says:

Does this award mean anything? Grace won 2 awards lmao. Best new artiste because she was the only TVB’s new actress this year isn’t she? I’d rather give it to Sisley but I don’t think she was invited.

Login or Register before you can reply to kaykay408
  8. Profile photo of lizzie lizzie says:

Yay for Ruco! Consider me a new fan – watching CoD purely for him so his acting is really good. Even Wallace Huo couldn’t get me through Perfect Romance due to my apathy to Tang Yan !

Login or Register before you can reply to lizzie
  9. Profile photo of jjwong jjwong says:

I finally watched the show, late I know lol. Shesh, I thought tvb gala was lame. This one was worse. It was practically dead with lots of empty chairs and nothing interesting. The singing was horrible except for Loius Cheung. He should’ve won the fav song, but you know the other 2 did bc face it, or else why the hell thwy invited non-acting peeps lol.

Linda was most hilarious. Her singing sucked, couldn’t hold a note or even loud enough but she tried to be fancy with head and hands movement. Girl, pls, you couldn’t hit the right key or belt with a still-mic. Gawd, I felt embrassed for her lol.

Liza and Loius dramas are most underrated.

Login or Register before you can reply to jjwong