Ruco Chan Talks Past Struggles: “I Even Used Piggy Bank Change”

By on August 23, 2017 in NEWS

Ruco Chan Talks Past Struggles: “I Even Used Piggy Bank Change”

Last week, Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) attended a promotional event for his new drama The Unholy Alliance <同盟>, an action drama that also stars Nina Paw (鮑起靜), Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Joel Chan (陳山聰), and Elaine Yiu (姚子羚). The cast were dressed casually for a wet game at the pool, and Ruco was teased about getting his swim trunks pulled off.

“I’m several layers of underwear, so I’m not afraid,” he said with a laugh. “If you don’t peel off my toe hair or pinch my thighs, then I’m fine.”

In an earlier report, it was alleged that Ruco had admitted to officially dating rumored girlfriend Phoebe Sin (單文柔). The actor clarified, “I have never said such thing. We are getting to know each other and doing well. If there’s good news I’ll let everyone know. I won’t say anything until things get official.”

Mentioning the interview where Raymond Cho (曹永廉) had talked about the struggles he had to endure prior to fame, Ruco was asked if he, too, had struggles. The 40-year-old immediately said, “Of course I do. I strongly believe that most Hong Kong actors have had some struggle before they made it. As for me, I’ve once gotten to the point where I had to use the change in my coin box. The only money I had was change. At least I wasn’t in credit debt. When I had no money, I’d just stay at home. When my friends asked me to go out, I’d insist to stay home so I don’t need to spend money. The rent was much cheaper then.” (Have you thought about giving up?) “Of course I have, but the heavens were good to me, and brought me back from the dead. Even when you’re at the lowest, you’re not at the end.”

Even when his career was going nowhere, Ruco didn’t break down to tears. “My family was very supportive, and for that, I feel very lucky. I have a complete family, all in good health, and I get to do the thing I wanted to do. There aren’t many things that can be solved by money. If you can solve it with money, it’s not a big problem.”

Source: HK01.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

14 comments to Ruco Chan Talks Past Struggles: “I Even Used Piggy Bank Change”

1. killer02 says:

Sick and tired of hearing about this money grubbing, pathetic fame seeker on the news all the time. This guy is way overexposed and overrated, he should just look elsewhere to earn a living but not in entertainment industry.

Login or Register before you can reply to killer02
    • shuling replied:

@killer02 Ruco is overexposed and not as great at acting, just uses his dating relationship with Nancy-padded push ups to get points as a public figure. -Four Fists Walls

Login or Register before you can reply to shuling
  2. killer02 says:

@shuling I agree he is definitely overrated and overexposed. I’m sure he is very addicted to the money, fame and attention the entertainment industry brings him. This money hungry fame seeker is obviously only staying in the show business for the fame,fortune and high social status. There’s no doubt he would have quit acting a long time ago if he had not achieved stardom.

Login or Register before you can reply to killer02
  3. rucofan1100 says:

ruco sucks, grace wong sucks—gee did the psych ward close or something? whats with the upsurge in trolls on this site?

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofan1100
    • killer02 replied:

@rucofan1100 Accept the reality, not everyone has to like you idol and he isn’t as perfect as you think!

Login or Register before you can reply to killer02
      • rucofan1100 replied:

@killer02 but how are you not trolling? name one actor who ISN’T a money grubbing fame seeker.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofan1100
  4. jimmyszeto says:

Ruco is a good actor but not good nor popular enough to start being annoyed with the media for asking him questions he doesn’t want answer and get away with it. Maybe the rise from an extra to an award winner has gotten to his head.

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
    • rucofan1100 replied:

@jimmyszeto but isnt being annoyed at a question you dont wanna answer just a human reaction? like are you not annoyed by me questioning the validity of your point?

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofan1100
      • jimmyszeto replied:

@rucofan1100
        Are you serious? I’m not in the entertainment business, I don’t care if I upset anyone by my reactions. Ruco though should try and handle his emotions though because the press can talk someone up and take someone down with ease. Can you stop being so protective of your idol? You are sounding really silly.

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • killer02 replied:

@jimmyszeto @rucofan1100 I guess no matter how much fame and money he have, he will still crave for more. A greedy person like him will never be satisfied despite having everything. These pathetic, money grubbing fame seeker is probably going to spend the rest of his life chasing after fame and fortune.

Login or Register before you can reply to killer02
      • rucofan1100 replied:

@jimmyszeto i’m not defending ruco, i’m just trying to understand how you can fault someone for being annoyed at personal questions. “we’re the hk media, you must tell us who you’re sleeping with!” you could’ve talked about jackie chan and i would’ve jumped in, but of course, according to your logic jackie chan is popular so he can get away with it.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofan1100
      • jimmyszeto replied:

@rucofan1100
        You are an idiot! You have just used a manufactured example of a question that shows the reporter is out of line, dragging the subject away to defend your idol.The reporter asked a question about rumoured girlfriend which is the most common question in Hong Kong showbiz. It’s the main part of their jobs.Yes, If Andy Lau or Jackie Chan reacted arrogantly to a basic question then they will be forgiven in a heartbeat because they are the elites of the entertainment circle.

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • rucofan1100 replied:

@jimmyszeto first and foremost, you’re out of line for namecalling, let’s keep it classy, if you’re capable of such things.

second, my whole argument was you calling someone out for feeling annoyed (people have emotions regardless if they’re celebs or not, it’s human).

third, did he not answer the question? actual ruco quote: “we are getting to know each other” why’s that not good enough for you? what sordid details do you want?

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofan1100
      • killer02 replied:

@rucofan1100 @jimmyszeto I feel pity for this pathetic fame seeker. He must be very desperate to hold on to his stardom and wealth, since he feels the need to undergo plastic surgery to maintain his youthful appearance. You can clearly tell from his recent photo, he face shape looks so different now compared to just a few years ago.

He went from having a round face to a longer, slimmer face and jawline and a big, flat nose to one that is tall, sharp and refined and he can still blatantly deny that he went under the knife. Unbelievable. What’s more unbelievable is that the die hard fans actually believe this BS. There’s no doubt about it that he must have undergone some kind of plastic surgery on his face and nose.

Login or Register before you can reply to killer02