JayneStars.com logo

“Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles” Cast Attends Dance Party

By on October 16, 2012

“Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles” Cast Attends Dance Party thumbnail

The cast of Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族> attended a charity dance event last night. Tavia Yeung (楊怡) deflected recent controversy surrounding the coveted TV Queen race, while Damien Lau (劉松仁) celebrated his 63rd birthday and was kissed by his beautiful wives in the drama.

Tavia Yeung Laughs Off Negative Rumors

With the drama’s October 22 broadcast in Hong Kong, Tavia Yeung is one of the hot contenders for the TV Queen award. Tabloids recently claimed that Tavia persuaded boyfriend, Him Law (羅仲謙), to sign  with TVB management in exchange for the award.

Him Law’s management agency denied that he will sign with TVB, “This is not true. Him Law still has a lengthy contract with Filmko.”

At the charity dance event yesterday, Tavia stated, “I found [the rumors] to be very funny! I have also sold myself to TVB, but I haven’t seen the award given to me.”

Tavia added that she is good friends with TV Queen competitor, Kate Tsui (徐子珊). “I am good friends with Kate; I’ll face the awards with a casual attitude.”

JJ Jia Dances With Sammy Shum

In the midst of breaking up with Sammy Shum (沈震軒) four months ago, JJ Jia (賈曉晨) cried her heart out. Finding new love with Louis Fan (樊少皇), JJ did not have an awkwardness when paired up with Sammy as a dance partner. JJ admitted that she and Sammy were compatible in their dance and that Louis will not be jealous.

JJ and Sammy danced the Waltz against Sire Ma (馬賽) and her former rumored flame, Adrian Chau (周志文). Sire and Adrian ended up as the winners.

At the charity dance event, Ron Ng (吳卓羲) raised $750,000 HKD, which made him very satisfied with the results. Asked regarding his performance as a guest starring role in Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles, Ron replied, “I am the only villain in the drama. I will resort to unscrupulous methods due to my love for Rebecca Zhu (朱晨麗).”

Damien Lau Celebrates 63rd Birthday

Damien Lau turned 63 years old on October 14. A belated birthday cake was prepared for Damien last night, in which he was kissed on the cheeks by Tavia and JJ, who portray his fourth and fifth wives respectively in the drama.

Damien wished for good health and did not desire to win any award recognition for his performance in Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles. “I’m already advanced in age! Let the young ones win the awards!” He supported fellow cast members, Tavia Yeung and Kenneth Ma (馬國明) in the TVB Anniversary Awards.

When it was pointed out that his frequent onscreen partner, Michelle Yim (米雪), is also in the TV Queen race, Damien joked, “She’s not in my drama; I don’t care!”

Damien’s good friend, Lau Siu Ming’s (劉兆銘) wife passed away recently. Damien lamented her death and revealed that Mrs. Lau was his teacher at RTV station. Yesterday morning, Damien met with Lau Siu Ming, who was still grieving for his wife.

Damien said, “Lau Sir’s emotions have partially resumed to normal, but sometimes he will be unable to control himself. During Lunar New Year holiday, Mrs. Lau used to prepare a lot of dishes and treat us very well. Many friends visited her at the hospital. Lau Sir is very fortunate and blessed to have such an good and accommodating wife.”

Watch “Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles” Trailer

Source: On.cc via ihktv.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

• Episodic Thoughts: "Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles" (Episode 5)(2)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles" (Episode 4)(17)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles" (Episode 3)(46)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles" (Episode 1)(119)
  • Synopsis of "Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles"(36)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles" (Episode 7)(25)
  • Damian Lau Kisses His Way Through “Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles”(125)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles" (Episode 6) (70)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles" (Episode 2)(59)

• Readers' Comments (238)

Top picture, 2 guys look great but the one in between is… the… problem…

2. Holly says:

Tavia looks pretty in the above photo! as well as the two handsome mens:)

3. advo says:

Haha, I love Damian’s response to if Michelle should win. Like Damian, I doubt she really cares about winning.

• 939393 says:

ditto here.

• Hannah says:

I like Damien and Michelle as a pair. Would be nice to see them win together. :)

• Advo says:

Omg, I agree so much! The first show I ever saw them paired up in was Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre and I cared so much more about their love story than their son’ million love lines!

• HeTieShou says:

You must be really young because they paired up quite a few times back in the days…

• Advo says:

Or I started watching TVB late?

• skinnymocha says:

Aww, those two are one of the classic pairings~

I remember watching a TVB programme about 10 years ago on Michelle’s secrets on staying young. There was a segment on her doing tai-chi/volunteering, and it was nice of her to drag Damian along. Apparently he has a bit of a fiery temper so the activities helped soothe him out a bit.

4. Amy says:

Good that Tavia is partnered with someone older, if not I always feel the guys paired to her seemed to look younger.

5. kiki says:

WOW, seems a lot of ppl dislike Tavia Yeung. I always thought shes actually pretty good looking. fake or real nose hahaaa…. i am just surprised she is kind of mature but picked a younger dude like HL to be a b/f humm…haha

6. lol says:

go ronnie he still brings alot of value for tvb which means tvb might still love u ronnie so try and stay away from trouble

7. random G says:

the trailer looks good

8. Daisy says:

Ahaha I love Damien one of my favorite Veteran actors :)

• David Meng says:

Hahaha you are funny. I see Tavia looking old next to Daminence :) he is 63. Can not believe. Ma ming is 39. Tavia is 34.
        Jessica Hsuan is 42 but they dont pair her up with Danience. Only act as his daughter. Jessica is aging well at 42 she looks young next to Joe Ma who is only 2 year her senior

9. LarrY 3 says:

FYI: Lau Siu Ming (Ming Sir)’s wife passed away, last Friday. He was “half” retired from showbiz just to care for his wife who was diagnose with cancer back in 2007.

Thats why we see him less on him in the tv screen and movies.

10. Hannahh says:

Really looking forward to this series. Any1 know if Damian married? just curious lolz

• HeTieShou says:

Yes, Damien is married but to someone outside the industry. I heard that she was a flight attendant and I think they met during one of his flights.

11. exoidus says:

Goddess of money & beauty playing in chinese opera, haha. Seriously her nose is so disturbing now and her face looks so skinny and dry.

Looks like the modern version of BTROC or perhaps schemes of beauties?

Give my condolences to Ming Sir. Always enjoyed his acting and hope to see more of him.

12. AC says:

I think Elena looks beautiful in the picture. She fits the retro glam well.

13. Eunice says:

Rebecca Zhu’s hairstyle is so 老土. Not flattering at all.

14. Roxy says:

The hairstyle makes Tavia look older. Plus,they put too much highlight on her face so it doesn’t seem natural. Oh and her nose stands out way too much.

15. Piggy says:

Tavia, you are funnier. Did you forget how many awards you received from TVB?

16. TN1 says:

Interesting drama plus great casts! Most ravishing is Elena! All eyes be on u Tavia!

17. Kidd says:

Ron is a guest star only?

18. quynh says:

i think tavia looks pretty in that photo…cannot wait to watch this series

19. Veejay says:

I think she looks pretty in the pic except that her face is too long only. maybe gaining some weight won’t make face too long?

• lol says:

Your standards must be low. I don’t think she’s pretty. She looks too long faced and look like 40 something year olds.

• Veejay says:

Can’t judge someone by standard when they are “ok” with TY LOL.. I also like Myolie so can ppl say I’ve low standards too for liking MYolie?

I like Myo, TY, Linda & kate. so my standard for liking the above are low? hehe.

Veejay, can’t judge by one photo though. 90% of the photos she looks bad. :P

@nicole,

yes i agree with you TY isn’t so photogenic in photos but she looks quite decent onscreen. Well, I m just “ok” with her appearance only and I dislike her offscreen attitude who seems like someone who think she’s the better than others and etc. I guess I wont consider myself a fan of TY.. I m just “ok” watching her on screen, not an eye sore. But ppl tends to get upset easily when I said Ty looks “ok”..lol

• Veejay says:

-*who think she’s better than others*

• Veejay says:

What I’m trying to say here is “its ok if you think TY or maybe Myolie or maybe Linda is ugly” its your preference and right to voice your disliking but I dont think its nice to say a merely commentor here having low standards when they r “ok” with someone whether onscreen or not LOL. hehe.. Low standard isn’t something serious so its ok.. I was just saying only. Period.

• Nicole says:

Veejay, actually I can’t stand her more in series. Maybe because photos are static, and series she’s moving? Like i think her nose is like a huge beacon that everytime she moves her head, it attracts your attention because it’s so big and awkward. Nonono, the only time I can’t stand it was when you told me that Tavia looked her age :P Because I really honestly think she looks much older than Elena, and Elena is definitely 41 years old, but of course Elena looks younger (30+), but still, she doesn’t look that young (20+)

• fiona says:

i also can’t stand tavia’s acting and looks in series. if pictures are bad, series is worse. even in on call, she always give the bored feeling.

• Veejay says:

haha Nicole, maybe you have this strong disliking feelings toward TY hence you think she looks ugly in any form. To me, TY is ok, but I think Linda is prettier than her and Myolie too is prettier than TY. I like Kate who has S shape body. While TY used have decent pretty face but since her injection on the nose, it just grow longer and longer until I couldn’t stand her sometimes in that Doctor series with KM. I even point on the TV when I saw TY’s nose looking strange and weird like pinochio to my family and we laughed about it but overall TY is a good actress who I “think” she can carry her role good. so maybe that’s why I can still accept TY. Those ppl who I can’t really accept are Aimee and Toby LOL.. can’t stand their fakeness.

Veejay,
          Hi-5! THC was the series I really can’t stand her nose in. Can’t even bother finish watching for Kenneth and Mandy. Her nose was just so HUGE. I think that it was even bigger than in YSSS or TOT, that it became distracting. I think acting wise, tavia is good, but boring, which means that while I find her acceptable, I really don’t feel that I’m missing anything if I don’t watch her act, especially with her nose like that. Ya, acting wise, I can’t stand Toby and Aimee too. But personality wise, I can’t stand the Goddess. Haha

• momo says:

We have different perception of beauty. It doesn’t mean we have low standards. I also think she looks great but really need to gain some weight. Too skinny!

• Nicole says:

If you look at the large cast photo, tavia does look bad, even compared to the supporting actresses, due to her nose. Her nose looks too big and weird on her face. I’m not even comparing her to beauties like JJ, Elena or Rebecca, as they are too far ahead of her in standard now. Look at the supporting actress auntie standing behind tavia. At least her face looks pleasant and normal in proportions, compared to the long-nosed, long-faced goddess.

• lol says:

JJ, Elena and Rebecca looks like natural born princesses next too gaunt looking Tavia. How can they be compared?

• Kidd says:

Tavia looks pretty in that group picture. Yes, the nose is a bit large. But, overall, still look pretty because the other features like eyes and mouth are pretty.

• fiona says:

not only has to gain weight but she also need to improve her acting. she has been deproving since Beyond.

• Nicole says:

No, I feel that the features don’t go together, so overall it’s ugly. You can have the prettiest eyes (eg. I think Tang Wei has beautiful eyes) and the prettiest nose (Julia Roberts?), and the prettiest lips (People like Angelina Jolie’s lips?), but if you just meshed them together? Overall will be ugly, even if the eyes and lips and nose are pretty. The eyes and nose and lips should be proportional and suitable for your face, and that will look pretty.

• Nicole says:

Like Linda’s nose is kinda big, but it’s suitable for her face, unlike Tavia whose nose is like a big long carrot on her long thin face.

• lol says:

Indeed Nicole! It’s all about having proportionate features. Angelina Jolie has big lips but it suits her well.

• Kidd says:

Tavia looks ok to me too in that picture.

• momo says:

Actually I don’t really understand why people still want to watch her dramas if she is so distracting. Maybe just skip her part and peers like you all won’t have to torture yourself…haha..Sigh!!

• Nicole says:

Actually I hardly watch her series anymore. I did not go watch THC because her nose was distracting, and I even said I liked 3k because Tavia and her nose was hardly in it. Haha :P

• HeTieShou says:

I do not watch series for the cast and I think a number of viewers who are not die hard fans of anyone do as well.

• Linnh says:

I agree HTS. I watch the drama if the script is good, also if I find it interesting. So even if I love or find the casts bad, then I still watch or skip the series if it is good/bad.

• HeTieShou says:

Glad that you do not just go for the cast only Linnh! I hope that people understand that there is way more to a series than just the cast.

20. Joanne says:

Wahh, Damien Lau always get to have young ladies to kiss him in tvb drama! I always felt gross when there was a kissing scene between him and Flora Chan in Hard Fate. Now is Tavia and JJ, wonder who’s next..I mean is there a need to have any kissing scene for him?

21. lol says:

Damian supported Tavia for the BA award but the only reason is because Tavia is in same series with him. Damian said that he doesn’t care about Michelle Yim because Michelle isn’t same series with him. lol. Damian is unprofessional here to vote people who’s in same series with him. I’m disappointed Damian.

• Hannah says:

Damian was joking. -_- He’s supporting the younger artists because he’s not competing, and he believes neither is Michelle. Damian has achieved a lot at this point in his career. Awards or not, it’s no big deal to him.

• Hannah says:

Also, MANY artists support their costars. So, are all of them unprofessional? It’s just showing support for your costar and drama.

• lol says:

If he wans to support younger generation he could’ve picked Kate and Raymond who are the leading now with HAL popularity and new characters. Or Bosco and Linda from WI. But he picked Tavia and Kenneth who are botj in SSSS. Isn’t it obvious he was just promoting SSSS and that’s why he picked Tavia? :P

• Hannah says:

Haha If Damian doesn’t even support his own series, then how can he expect the audience to? Besides, why would he pick Raymond and Kate, or Bosco and Linda when he didn’t even work with them? Perhaps, he hasn’t seen those two series. Had he supported them instead, then wouldn’t that be “blindly” supporting them just like some fans who support their idols no matter what? :P At least he worked side by side with Kenneth and Tavia.

As I said earlier, artists tend to support their own costars. I’m not surprised here.

• Kidd says:

Why pick on Damien’s comment? Because the one he supports is someone you don’t agree with?

As any actors. He/she will pick someone from his/her own movie.

• Hannahh says:

Agreed with u Hannah!

• Hannah says:

You know what, Kidd. I wonder to. And, to call him “unprofessional?” SMH

He is biased in his picks, but MANY freaking artists are. Jeesh!

• Icetea_td says:

Cause I think Damia has worked with Tavia so he might knows her acting better others aka Kate and Linda.

• Teeece says:

He worked with Kate in LOO but not too many scenes together. Anyways everyone votes for their co stars in their latest series. Surprised he didn’t mentioned Ron since they had worked together before and now.

• Veejay says:

Maybe Damien was only saying that because TY bites his lip during some intiamte scene? lol.

• Kidd says:

I have the same feeling with Hannah. When I read his reply, I find it funny. Definitely, he’s joking.

• Karen says:

lol he’s clearly joking, they’ve known each other for almost 30 years and are probably BFFs (there’s a clip of them working out together). Michelle probably feels the same way and besides, the value of this award has become so degraded in the past decade that it’s more of a paperweight/promotional tool than anything.

• Advo says:

The veterans all know how insignificant the award is. For someone like Ha Yu it’s still a big deal because his acting wasn’t as recognised. But for people like Damian and Michelle who are very respected, it’s completely insignificant. They are long past the need for the recognition that comes with the award.

• Advo says:

How do you know he picked Tavia only because she’s in his show? Maybe he picked her because he actually thinks she gives a good performance and worked hard, and unlike the audience, Damian actually knows what he’s talking about since he’s seen her performance?!!

And so what if artistes are not “professional” in their voting? Everyone supports their friends and whatnot. As if the award was up to them anyway. As if Damian wasn’t very much aware of exactly what the selection criteria is and how insignificant any type of voting, except between the executives, is. RME

22. fiona says:

tavia scared me there. i feel bad for ma ming and damian who has to put up with her a lot.

23. Icetea_td says:

Poor Tavia, she’s got a lot of negative comments, well because her nose is a bit longer (she might tell lie sometimes but it doesn’t harm anyone yet, like Pinnochio) and the car accident (even they did have you-know-what in the car but they are together and she did not cheat on anyone or flirt with anyone’s guy), why should ppl hate her?

• Hannahh says:

don’t worry Tavia has lots of fans supporting her.

• momo says:

When one is popular, there is bound to have positive and negative feedback. Although seem like everyone is very bother with her pinnochio nose. It does look distracting but if she can live with it well, then let it be. We are not fairies descending from heaven so who are we to judge anyone :(

• Nicole says:

momo, we aren’t fairies from heaven, but we weren’t asking her to become one too. Tavia was pretty. We all know that. No one called her ugly or her nose ugly before. But WHYYYYYY on earth she has to do that to her face? I have a chinese phrase for her.

畫虎不成反類犬
          No wonder exoidus calls her Anubis. LOL

• HeTieShou says:

We do not need to be fairies descending from heaven in order to judge anyone…

• Fox says:

There are always reasons for everything. These minor things are just the update jokes, not really the reasons. I only can tell you this, if you want to know more you have to find it yourself.

• Icetea_td says:

I feel she’s craving for the award this year as well just like Myolie last year.

• Advo says:

They are all thirsty for the award and none of them deserves it but every year, someone needs to win.

• Fox says:

Personally, I don’t see Myolie’s crave for the award is hypocrite as well as Myolie dun say something like “ppl should like me more” when talking about Fala – the one is said to be her main rival last year. She, on the other hand, said good things about Fala.

• advo says:

Who said Myolie craving for the award is hypocrite? Just because she coveted the award before she won, that doesn’t make her a hypocrite now. Obviously, she doesn’t need it as much now that she just won last year and cemented her status as leading fa dan.

But we all know how much Myolie coveted the award considering she got “depressed” over losing it for Fei Tin. I’d say Myolie was extremely thirsty, she just got better at hiding it. Or, she was very confident because Miss Lok had assured her she would win.

• Hannah says:

Well…have you see her expression when she won MFFC?!

• advo says:

@ Hannah

OMG, totally forgot about that! So true. And her speech of course

• Fox says:

I blv some said that Myolie is hypocrite for saying that she dun want the award this year.

• Icetea_td says:

I think she knows for sure she won’t get it

24. Victoria says:

Tavia looks soo pretty in that picture up there!

25. Trung says:

I only like Idy Chan. I will watch this film because of her.

26. E says:

Damien Lau birthday is OCT 14 ^O^ omg, finally I meet a celebrity who I like to have the same birthday as mine :) SHENGLE KUAI LE Damien!!!

27. Trung says:

2nd wife is prettier than other wives

28. TeeVee says:

I agreed with all those who left a more positive feedback or comment regarding Tavia. She is just an artist who is doing what she likes most: acting. It’s unfortunate that artist has no control over whether one is a fan of his/her, but ppl dont have to give such mean and negative comments, whether it’s about her nose, or not looking “pretty” in the above photo, I think having a more positive comment is good, but if you dont have a positive comment, you dont have to make mean comments, as does making those comment make one feel better? I think she is a great actress and can choose how she would like to present herself, I dont find anything wrong with her, as well as those major exaggerations of her looking well over 40, not aging well, etc.

• Nicole says:

this is an entertainment site thats for TALKING about hk entertainment, regardless of whether you like it or not. There are good and bad comments about all actresses and actors from all parts of the world on all entertainment and news sites, whether it’s jaynestars, asianfanatics, dailymail or perezhilton. Want to know why there are many negative comments about tavia? maybe more people dislike her than they like her? if you want to hear only positive comments? run back to your fans forum then.

• Nicole says:

And if everyone can only make good comments about everything. Wow, you must be a modern day lau sam ho. People can’t express their own personal opinion on anything? So all movie critics must Make positive comments about ALL MOVIES. OKAY… they can’t trash any movies, because those movie makers are just doing their jobs, and to trash them, you guys are JUST SO MEAN!!! ALL of movie making crew are just doing their jobs, and “having a more positive comment is good, but if you don’t have a positive comment, you dont have to make mean comments, as does making those comment make one feel better? Movie critics! You are SO MEANNNNNNN for writing such comments about a movie that people work so hard on, and they are just doing their job.

Why don’t I see you write such stuff to people who criticise movies? or other things?

• BumbleBee says:

In Tavia Yeung’s forum, they are being negative and bashing Kate Tsui because Kate is hot fav over Tavia. It’s entertainment. If you can criticize other idols, others can criticize yours too.

• HeTieShou says:

I agree with Nicole because, it does not only apply to artists but to people in general. Who can be liked by everyone?? No one… I feel it is ok to make negative comments as long as they are constructive and not too over the top. If we just blindly praise everyone then aren’t we being a little too fake???

• Veejay says:

When fans of this idol bashed other fans of another idol, i find them silly.

• lol says:

The cult strikes again. I thought they’re boycotting Jaynestars but they keep coming back.

• lol says:

It’s no surprise to hear this cult criticized other artistes but complain when their Goddess is criticized.

• Larry 3 says:

+1 to Nicole

• momo says:

Totally agree with you. We should not keep focusing on her shortcoming. And will it make us feel better if we leave a negative comment on someone.

• Fox says:

Checking if you have ever comment something negative about others first, then request no negative to anyone. If you yourself cant do such thing, dont try to request others to do it because it is very hypocrite.

• Teeece says:

I think we have the right to criticize an artist’s performance in a series but not their personal liife or physical features, that’s just being biased. I see a majority of ppl here hating on Tavia based on her scandal and physical features which is actually none of our business. We can only judge an artist based on their performance as an actor but not anything else besides the award is only based on their acting abilities not physical features.

I’m not really a Tavia fan but neither do I hate her, I think she’s a decent actress but between her and Kate I prefer Kate mainly because she portrayed a more wide variety of roles than Tavia which shows off her acting range where as for Tavia we’ve been seeing same roles for the past 2 yrs, nothing too special maybe SSSS will change that but based on her character info we’ve already seen that side of her. Where as for Kate it’s different and refreshing.

Every artists work hard no matter how many series they have or how much they sacrificed if they can’t pull off the role then they don’t deserve the award.

• Veejay says:

I think everyone have thier right to criticize everything including personal life and even physical looks of an Artist. As you know being artist that means the world is watching at you and they should know about it very well. But critising other commentors’ of their low EQ, calling them names etc are just so wrong imo..

• Nicole says:

However, an artiste’s performance and physical features are closely interlinked. When you are watching them act, are you looking at their face? Criticising Tavia’s nose is like criticising Charmaine’s chicken voice which she worked hard to improve. They negatively affect their performance, because it’s distracting and annoying. Of course, we aren’t saying that all actresses need to look gorgeous, but they should at least look pleasant and normal, like Wayne Lai is not a hunk, but his look is normal. At this point, Tavia’s nose looks very awkward and distracting on her face, that it negatively affects her performance in a series. Thus we do have the right to criticise.

• Teeece says:

I don’t think her looks should affect her chances of awards though I mean she can’t help the way she looks but then again her character in SSSS doesn’t look too promising since she may be out shadowed by her other cast members

• Nicole says:

” though I mean she can’t help the way she looks”
          That’s where you are wrong. She’s the one who made her nose like that. Her “before” nose wasn’t anywhere near that size.

• Teeece says:

Really? I didn’t hear any news about her fixing it though. Either way I’m just saying personal matters should be separate from her career especially that car scandal I don’t see what’s the big deal about that anyway.

• Nicole says:

Really? You must not have follow HK entertainment much. Here’s an article on Jaynestars you might want to look at.

It’s personal choice, but her nose affects her performance. So why should it be separate?
          I don’t think her car scandal is a big deal anyway, as people can have seex anywhere they want.

• Veejay says:

haha Nicole, just ask Teeece to watch the tHC and she will notice the differences between the old TY’s nose and that in THC..LOL.

• Teeece says:

Hmm too bad she didn’t actually admit it though or just in denial. I watched THC but I guess I don’t really pay attention to her face lol I do follow HK entertainment news just not really hers

• kcabc says:

“I see a majority of ppl here hating on Tavia based on her scandal and physical features which is actually none of our business”

You mean when we watch an actress, we should cover her face/body to not to be distracted by her physical features?

29. doris lee says:

Poor Tavia Yeung! Her rubber nose spoilt
      her outlook! It’s really make her uglier.
      Doubt she will win the TVB Queen! There is no improvement in her acting skill.

• exoidus says:

Don’t worry bc her competition aka the snake goddess is even worse. She only have 2 facial expressions i.e pouting lips and confused, hehe

TVB award has nothing to do with acting skills but nepotism.

30. Grace says:

I’m just curious does the HKG media gave so much coverage to Tavia’s nose?

hi Grace,

I think the HK media didnt intend to publish bad side of TY but TY’s nose is just too noticeable until even w/o the Media Coverage and publicity, audiences can still tell that she had changes done on the nose.

31. Teeece says:

BTW does anyone know who “snake queen” is cause I’ve been hearing ppl keep talking about her and Tavia for the award, I thought it was Kate but it doesn’t seem like the case or maybe cause I don’t know how that term refers to her lol

32. Khanh says:

Everyone is so judgement. Tavia is pretty. Love her no matter what others say about her. It’s alright I support you Tavia

33. salamander says:

Poster of SSSS is out. Kenneth Ma and Tavia at the center. I thought Damian will be there. Does this imply something for the anniversary TVB slaves report card award ceremony?

• Fox says:

HAL look alike poster.

• Funn Lim says:

I don’t see how you see Tavia and Kenneth at centre. It is 2 male leads, Damian and Kenneth but Kenneth more front, each surrounded by female leads, with Tavia leading since her image is bigger than the rest. As for Ron is he by the side, considered 2nd male lead so to speak. Obviously Damian is the veteran who carries the first half of the show or something like that with kenneth being the young male lead. I just hope Damian doesn’t die and then leave the show in a lurch which tends to be the case. Kenneth looks handsome and I am convinced he must play a chaebol modern guy in a modern day series.

• Nicole says:

I see vincent wong in the centre!!!

• Kidd says:

“I see vincent wong in the centre!!!”

Haha, that’s right. Vincent Wong is at the most center. :D

• Nicole says:

since Vincent Wong is in the centre, I think that must imply something for the TVB anniversary report card award ceremony rightttt? I mean those who are in the centre must be VERY IMPORTANT. I think TVB is trying to tell me something. Excuse me now while I go look into a crystal ball. :P

• Veejay says:

but Funn, I hate it when Kenneth is to pair with Rebecca.. cuz there is something I dislike about her lol

• Fox says:

@Veejay: I hate it too! Why Rebecca has to pair up with MM :P?

• lol says:

Am I the only one who never found Kenneth handsome? Ron might be a horny cheating dumb dude with sub par acting but he is one I can call handsome although he’s fat now.

• Fox says:

@lol: No you are not the only one :D, I swear. I found MM was kinda cute in the past before he overused his puppy face but I have never found he was handsome. The one that suits the word handsome the most among S4 is Ron.

• Fox says:

But I like Vincent!

But now Ron is NOT HANDSOME after he become fat, oily and perverted. :(
          I don’t think Kenneth looks handsome in the poster though.. His eyebrows are like V Usually he looks more handsome.
          I think Sammul is the most handsome among S4. HEHE

• clamine says:

@Fox: I found MM was kinda cute in the past before he overused his puppy face but I have never found he was handsome. The one that suits the word handsome the most among S4 is Ron.

I too never find MM handsome. Before, he has this rather put-on, ingratiating puppy face look, and now I find him fake. But he has a nice built. Among the S4 for me Ron used to the most handsome but now his good looks is fading fast.

• Linnh says:

Lol I still find Ron handsome despite on him getting fat haha…

• Fox says:

Ron’s features on face is still good, now he needs to lose some weight and has a healthy life.

• Roxy says:

I don’t find Kenneth handsome, either. He looks handsome in that poster, thanks to photoshop!

• Anon says:

How about Kenneth Ma in this new sales presentation costumes? Do you all think Kenneth, Kenny and Raymond Wong are handsome here? Hahaha

• Fox says:

ROLF =)).With some flowers on the hair and MM’s hairdo will become a siu jie’s. But his face isn’t siu jie’s so it’s like man disguise as woman. Kenny’s outfit reminds me of Yang Quo crossovers Zhuge Liang. The cutest one is Raymond Wong’s.

• lol says:

Kenneth, Raymond Wong and Kenny Wong look like men trying to be women. Gross but Raymond Wong is quite cute. Is this a comedy?

• Kidd says:

@Anon

What is the tentative title of the series/sales presentation?

I hope it’s a wuxia series.

They all look GROSSSSSS.
          Kenneth looks like a big oily pervert.
          Raymond looks like wilma flintstone.
          Kenny looks like a some er mei disciple.

• Anon says:

Kidd: Title is 寒山潛龍

• vivien says:

Oh no that KM, RW and KW new sales series! My eyes! Why them all look creepy and sissy?

• Veejay says:

is it me or does Rebecca’s face looks meatier there?

• exoidus says:

They should’ve put the fat wolf behind bars…in the balcony…

• kcabc says:

MaMing = 囧 and Y2 = http://oi50.tinypic.com/24pwdno.jpg . And why on all TVB posters recently, everyone looks at different direction like they are not at all relates?

• Tegan says:

*peers at the house in the centre*

Are we finally getting a TVB pre-modern drama that doesn’t use that yellow house?

• Funn Lim says:

The house is at the absolute centre! It is being heavily promoted, might even surpass Heng Dian world studios as the number 1 choice of casting choice, and may be cheaper too!

34. khanh says:

rebecca seems pretty at times but in those photos above she looks weird.

35. apple says:

Oshoo! This year I am sure TVB will give TV queen to Tavia is like times up…Tavia this your TV queen award even though if she doesn’t hit the highest vote I guess !. so as Aimee she might gets best supporting actress look like TVB wants to promote her as well.

36. Bridget says:

When is this series airing? This is like my 2nd last ‘hot’ series to catch before the awards happen.

37. Lolly says:

Tavia is a good actress. Can’t wait to watch this series and I support Tavia. (I’m now going to hide from all the nasty hate Tavia comments, gulp)

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: