JayneStars.com logo

“Super Trio” Game Show Returns in May!

By on April 8, 2013

“Super Trio” Game Show Returns in May! thumbnail

TVB has announced the tenth series premiere of their highly popular award-winning game show, Super Trio <獎門人>! The tenth series, hosted by Eric Tsang (曾志偉), is currently planned for a May 26, 2013 premiere on TVB Jade.

The series, tentatively titled, Super Trio Game Master 2013 <一家大細獎門人>, will be used to commemorate Eric’s 60th birthday. TVB has ordered 20 episodes for the show, and with the addition of new entertaining games and a revamped format, the TVB family hopes to bring together past and present celebrity guests to star on the hilarious game series.

All of Eric’s past assistant presenters of Super Trio is slated to return to host this series together. Co-presenters include original hosts Jordan Chan (陳小春) and Jerry Lamb (林曉峰), Chin Kar Lok (錢嘉樂), Lan Sai (蘭茜), Wong Cho Lam (王祖藍), Louis Yuen (阮兆祥), King Kong (金剛), Elvina Kong (江欣燕), and EO2’s Otto Wong (王志安).

Debuting in 1995, Super Trio remains as one of Hong Kong’s longest-running variety game show in history. The entertainment variety program engages their celebrity guests to perform comedic skits together, such as improvisations, quizzes, and stunts. Viewership ratings for each weekly episode are consistently high, with averages of over 30 points.

New Format

To celebrate the show’s long-running success, a Super Trio Best Awards Ceremony is planned to be held before the premiere of the new series. Airing as the series’ first episode, the awards will include short episodic reels of classic moments from the first nine installments. Award categories include the Most Frequent Guest Star Award, the Best Spicy Food Eater Award, the Most Loyal Award, the Best Enemies Award, and others.

The tenth series will also debut a new game format, which will separate into three different categories – one for children, one for adults, and one for seniors. The goal of the new format is to target a wider selection of audiences, and to give out prizes that will correspond to the different audiences.

In addition to new games, the news series will also incorporate classic, well-received games from previous installments. Such games include the Super Ping Pong Game – a game in which players are to answer questions while they play tennis table – and the Super Marathon Game – a rhyming challenge.

Several episodes in the show will also be shot at overseas locations, including Japan and Southeast Asian countries.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

• “Super Trio Maximus” Begins Filming(16)
  • Anthony Wong and Anita Yuen in Bed Scene for "Ip Man: The Final Fight" (4)
  • Overjoyed with Wong Cho Lam's Proposal, Leanne Li Loses Sleep(25)
  • Eric Tsang Advised Wong Cho Lam to Propose at TVB Anniversary(14)
  • [Review] "Never Dance Alone" (By Miriamfanz)(39)
  • Gigi Lai Attends "Young and Dangerous" Reunion Concert(30)
  • "Aerobic Girls" Blessing Ceremony(36)
  • TVB Announces “Aerobic Girls” Cast at Press Conference(117)
  • Johnson Lee In Feud with Louis Yuen and Wong Cho Lam?(32)
  • Myolie Wu and Edwin Siu Impersonate Whitney Houston and Leslie Cheung(39)

• Readers' Comments (33)

1. Daisy says:

Yay!! So happy! But do they really need 9 other co hosts? I get the whole 10th anniversary but that’s a lot.

• TVBFanatic says:

Seriously… King Kong and Chin Kar Lok are all that is needed.

• CHo says:

that will have me laughing on the floor for the entire night….can’t wait, but the super trios have really become a big family.so happy to see them reunite!

• pandamao says:

I need Jerry Lamb – he’s hilarious!!!!
          I can get rid of King Kong, to me – he’s not that funny.

• polypeptide says:

@ Pandamao

i second that!! Jerry lamb is missed!

2. Joanne says:

Instead of a new format Super Trio, Tvb should come out with a new game/variety show!!

3. Shrimpboat says:

It’s going to be the same batch of guest, unless Eric pulls some strings. But I will still watch it for Ka Lok!

4. Gar says:

I really don’t remember Jordan Chan being a co-host in the past. Must have been really early on when the game show debuted.

5. miriamfanz says:

I hope the games will be better ths time around. Games were getting repetitive and mostly consisted of throwing stuff in people’s faces.

6. skinnymocha says:

The last few series have been so crude – especially after Jerry left. I know it’s not going to have the same star-pulling power as it once had, but at least make the games entertaining. I don’t want to have to gauge my eyes out in embarrassment.

7. Puff says:

Yay!!! So thrilled to read this. Really looking forward to it. But somehow I think there’ll be too many co hosts. I think they should only have Jordan Chan, Jerry Lamb and Chin Ka Lok only for co hosts!

8. TVBFanatic says:

This was the very first Asian TV series I ever watched…. really looking forward to its return :D

9. RLF Lover says:

Blast from the past! Excited to relive a little bit of my childhood :) Can’t wait for this!

10. Hannahh says:

sooo EXCITED!

11. jce says:

I love the older series. Recent one got a bit “too much to handle” as a family show.

12. Exo jern says:

YES! i like jordan, ka lok and aa lo as co hosts.

13. Rachel says:

whoooot!!! i’ve been waiting for the day they bring back the old classic games!! i enjoyed the old games so much more than the new ones that they did.
      but i hope this ten season premiere won’t be the end of the game show, it’s been my favorite hk variety show and something i’ve always watched while growing up!

14. Primrose says:

Wasn’t Timmy Hung one of the past host too?

15. Mush says:

They should get some ideas from korean variety shows!

16. polypeptide says:

Hopefully Jerry lamb is in majority of the episodes. He was really entertaining. I prefer the old series of super trios, to me it was much more hilarious than the recent episodes.

17. jasmine7 says:

I didn’t like it before probably because they’re dressed so ridiculously but one day I just soldiered on and actually enjoyed the games they play, especially with the tv celebs as guests. Now I’m hooked but so hard to buy dvds or even vcds of the old programmes. Anyone out there know where we can get them?? Can someone tell TVB to celebrate 10yrs of this programme by releasing digitally remastered copies or even do re-prints of the first season till now ???

I know Kar Lok will be ribbed terribly this time because there’ll be plenty of first-time father jokes.

• llwy12 says:

Good luck cuz it’s not going to happen…as it is, TVB isn’t even releasing old TV series on DVD anymore, let alone variety shows (they used to release an old show on DVD like once or twice a year, but recently stopped doing even that).

I don’t recommend getting the VCDs cuz alot of those are edited versions that have alot of scenes cut from them (believe me — there are quite a few series that I have on video tape, VCD and DVD and I can tell you first hand that the VCD version is horrible!)

Your best bet is probably scouring websites that might happen to post them (though alot of those have been shut down too and even if you do find them, the seasons will probably be incomplete)…unless you’re lucky enough to know someone who has them all on video tape….

18. joojaibao says:

Yay super excited….to watch Super Trio again…Could anyone tell where I could watch the older episodes of Super Trio like for exp: Part 1,2 & 3 ????

• skinnymocha says:

@joojaibao:
        Series 1 = 超級無敵獎門人
        Series 2 = 超級無敵獎門人之再戰江湖
        Series 3 = 天下無敵獎門人
        If you search these terms on Google, you should be able to find a number of episodes. A lot of them are uploaded on sites like Tudou or Youku, but they’re not the greatest of quality and it’s difficult to find all episodes.

There’s also someone on Youtube who’s uploaded several older episodes so just run a search for 獎門人. It may get taken down soon though so better be quick…

————

I wish I got my mum to video tape all this when it first aired… T__T
        They’re so damn hard to get hold of now.

• joojaibao says:

Thanks for the info Skinnymocha I’ll start up my search engine lol….

• llwy12 says:

Haha…yup…the first few seasons were the best and more ‘truly’ representative of what Super Trio was all about (not to mention all the ‘big name’ guests showed up during the first few seasons…the show pretty much ‘died’ after the 1999 season (that’s the season when pretty much the last of the ‘big name’ guests came on).

And yes, the early seasons are definitely very hard to find (don’t forget the individual Super Trio specials that occurred in between too). That’s why I’m glad I still have my collection on video tape from way back when….

19. Mlove says:

I can’t wait. He’s funny.

All the Eric haters can kiss his booty.

20. LinThePlayoffs says:

It is about time, I’ve been bored for a while. I hope they bring those black, Paki and white singers back and the wasabi chef. I hope they don’t bring back those weird questions near the end of the show, I don’t like it because I don’t understand it. :)

21. Tom says:

They should bring back the “flick the slippers” thing at the end when the contestants get the prizes!

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription