Synopsis of TVB Legal Drama, “Friendly Fire”

By on November 15, 2012 in NEWS, TV Dramas

With a total of 25 episodes, TVB’s new legal drama, Friendly Fire <法網狙擊> is set to premiere on Hong Kong’s Jade and HD Jade channels on December 18. Produced by first-time producer Man Wai Hung (文偉鴻), the drama stars Michael Tse (謝天華), Tavia Yeung (楊怡), Sammy Leung (森美), Sharon Chan (陳敏之), Louis Yuen (阮兆祥), Vincent Wong (王浩信), Benz Hui (許紹雄), and Mary Hon (韓馬利).

The drama stars Michael Tse as the lawyer Jay “JJ” Kam, who has been living with his girlfriend, the criminal prosecution lawyer Fong Tin Lam (Tavia Yeung) for years. After his failed attempt to propose to her, Tin Lam breaks up with him, unbeknownst to JJ. The couple moves on to separate lives.

However, fate is always a teaser. JJ transfers his position to a criminal prosecution lawyer, and meets Tin Lam again under the roof of the same law firm. The ex-couple try to work together again, but JJ and Tin Lam have very different approaches in handling the same case.

Along with the intervention of JJ’s new assistant Chuk Sheung Yuet (Grace Wong), who is seducing JJ, the ex-couple’s relationship takes a down toll, and it appears that their once loving relationship can never be salvaged. JJ also has been harboring resentment against Tin Lam ever since she rejected his proposal. That is, until he discovered Tin Lam’s true reasons for rejecting him.

Sammy Leung stars as Kam Po Tei, the adopted son of JJ’s father Kam Po Cheung (Benz Hui). JJ and Po Tei are best friends and as close as real blood brothers. As a CID, Po Tei and JJ often come across each other at work. In an operation, Po Tei meets the nemesis of his life, undercover cop Ai Mei San (Sharon Chan). While the two cops dislike each other immensely, they are always there for each other to fix their mistakes. Po Tei eventually falls in love with Mei San and confesses to her.

When the main characters are finally beginning to see a road forming ahead of them, rich businesswoman Pong Tit Sam (Alice Chan) steps in with an insolvable murder case, making their road ever more difficult and dangerous to tread on.

Friendly Fire is Alice Chan’s (陳煒) first drama with TVB since joining with the station. The drama also stars Oscar Leung (梁烈唯), Derek Kok (郭政鴻), Jack Wu (胡諾言), Samantha Ko (高海寧), Grace Wong (王君馨) and guest stars Akina Hong (康華), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), and JJ Jia (賈曉晨).

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

36 comments to Synopsis of TVB Legal Drama, “Friendly Fire”

For a moment I thought this is sequel to The Other Truth. And am I seeing a new face of Tavia? Hair is new, at least longer hair for once but the face is photoshopped to death.

• Funn Lim replied:

Eh Akina Hong? She’s back?

• Catie replied:

‘Too smooth’..?! what?? Everyone’s face in the photo is airbrush-flawless…the whole photo is photoshopped.

Tavia’s seriously lost a lot of weight…makes her face appear a lot skinnier. Wish she’d gain weight back on

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
    • Veejay replied:

@Funn,

Which part of her is photoshop? I thought she always has long and skinny face…

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • Funn Lim replied:

Too smooth, skinnier

• Little fishy replied:

Hair like that, especially straightened give the illusion of a longer, and skinner face xD I know, cos I did my hair like that once, n my face is super round xD on another note, why Michael -.- I don’t like him much, n to pair with tavia, serious sigh =_=’

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
      • Veejay replied:

lol Funn, TY’s face has always look “skinnier”. btw, did you watch SSSS? her face in that series looks even longer and skinnier than usual.. She definitely need to gain some weight!

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • E replied:

This sound more of Ghetto-ish for a second, actually.

What is the “The Other Truth” about??

Login or Register before you can reply to E
  2. Mindy says:

excited for this :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Mindy
  3. Hannah says:

Tin Lam rejected JJ because of an illness. TOT + THC, lol

Looking forward to see Alice in her first series!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • Gar replied:

Yes, I’m really looking forward to seeing Alice act in this series, especially her playing a villainous role. I have always liked her when she was in ATV. I’m glad she has moved over to TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    • miriamfanz replied:

The illness thing is the oldest, lamest storyline at TVB

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  4. Teece says:

I hope this is not a comedy…either way I’m looking much forward to this than the other one that will be airing around the same time.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teece
  5. John says:

Cant wait!!!:) love legal dramas after watching The Other Truth. And im a Tavia fan!!

Login or Register before you can reply to John
  6. a-pop says:

I anticipate tis legal series so much but I just cant stand the “Friendly Fire”. Worst tittle of all. Still prefer call it Justice Attack.

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
    • miriamfanz replied:

I know, it sounds like a firefighting series

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
    • Josie replied:

Friendly fire is a military term. Maybe it describes the way michael hurt tavia when he wasn’t aware that she’s not the enemy.

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
    • Catie replied:

Friendly Fire has got to be the worse title of a tvb series lmao. Why the hell did they change it from Justice Attack…at least it makes more sense!

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
  7. sure-lee says:

i love tavia with this hairstyle!

Login or Register before you can reply to sure-lee
  8. Magic says:

Legal series are always fun, even when the cases are sloppy or not very strong (GJ). Tavia was good in TOT so I’m looking forward to her. Mary and Benz too!

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
  9. lol says:

i think this serious could have made michael tse tv king for this year it looks like another breakthrough role for him

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • lol replied:

series

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • Gar replied:

A breakthrough role for him? Not sure about that. I guess we’ll just have to see but I seriously doubt it.

I don’t think I can ever separate “Laughing” from Michael and vice versa. It’s just so imprinted in my mind.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
  10. miriamfanz says:

I hope this series will have good cases and not just focus on the love lives of law enforcers

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
    • Veejay replied:

TVb is famous for re-using same old plots from different series.

Just look at hte cast.. they’re from the same old batch.. like TY and Michael for example.. this is not htier first collaboration as lovers.. I rather watch TY pairing with Raymond Wong or someone she has not paired with.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • Josie replied:

Tavia already paired w/ ray Wong in TOT and “sweetness in the salt”.
        I have a feeling tvb will be pairing tavia and HimHim as a real couple pretty soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
      • Veejay replied:

She did? ahhhhh thanks for the info Josie, maybe RW wasn’t that famous that time so i didn’t remember they already coupled before..

Anyway I dont want TY to be pair with HIM2 though, no surprise.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
  11. YQ says:

Another with Tavia? And there’s Louis Yuen in it?

Definitely skipping this series. I can’t stand her nose and I can’t stand his failed attempts to be funny.

Login or Register before you can reply to YQ
  12. lychii04 says:

Sounds ok. I feel bad for Alice Chan, coming to TVB yet her place in the poster is even smaller than Sharon’s… The cast seems ok, nothing too spectacular. Also, Michael and Tavia are paired up again, and seriously, every pairing is so angsty or complicated (Cupid Stupid, Rippling Blossom) yet their chemistry always seems off to me, so hopefully this time it’ll be better since I like legal dramas (mostly)

Login or Register before you can reply to lychii04
  13. jojo says:

can’t they have someone else than tavia? getting bored with her acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to jojo
  14. Linnh says:

is it this one that was Justice attack? did they just change name? ohh well, I actually is interested in this series, so I can’t wait untill it comes out :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
    • E replied:

*nod* Somehow it becomes Friendly Fire >>

Login or Register before you can reply to E
  15. E says:

I hope it focus on good criminal show, wonder when it will have a trailer :) Have Michael ever been a lawyer before?? And wow, Tavia sure has been given a lots of role lately.

And on the right side is the comedy guy :) I like him ^^

Login or Register before you can reply to E
    • hmmm replied:

Michael played a buck-toothed lawyer before in Legal Entanglement, one of his best roles before Laughing.

Login or Register before you can reply to hmmm
  16. Lucia says:

I can’t wait to watch this drama!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  17. Katy says:

Why is the title Friendly Fire? This series look like love stories of many people more than a law series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Katy