JayneStars.com logo

Synopsis of TVB Legal Drama, “Friendly Fire”

By on November 15, 2012

Synopsis of TVB Legal Drama, “Friendly Fire” thumbnail

With a total of 25 episodes, TVB’s new legal drama, Friendly Fire <法網狙擊> is set to premiere on Hong Kong’s Jade and HD Jade channels on December 18. Produced by first-time producer Man Wai Hung (文偉鴻), the drama stars Michael Tse (謝天華), Tavia Yeung (楊怡), Sammy Leung (森美), Sharon Chan (陳敏之), Louis Yuen (阮兆祥), Vincent Wong (王浩信), Benz Hui (許紹雄), and Mary Hon (韓馬利).

The drama stars Michael Tse as the lawyer Jay “JJ” Kam, who has been living with his girlfriend, the criminal prosecution lawyer Fong Tin Lam (Tavia Yeung) for years. After his failed attempt to propose to her, Tin Lam breaks up with him, unbeknownst to JJ. The couple moves on to separate lives.

However, fate is always a teaser. JJ transfers his position to a criminal prosecution lawyer, and meets Tin Lam again under the roof of the same law firm. The ex-couple try to work together again, but JJ and Tin Lam have very different approaches in handling the same case.

Along with the intervention of JJ’s new assistant Chuk Sheung Yuet (Grace Wong), who is seducing JJ, the ex-couple’s relationship takes a down toll, and it appears that their once loving relationship can never be salvaged. JJ also has been harboring resentment against Tin Lam ever since she rejected his proposal. That is, until he discovered Tin Lam’s true reasons for rejecting him.

Sammy Leung stars as Kam Po Tei, the adopted son of JJ’s father Kam Po Cheung (Benz Hui). JJ and Po Tei are best friends and as close as real blood brothers. As a CID, Po Tei and JJ often come across each other at work. In an operation, Po Tei meets the nemesis of his life, undercover cop Ai Mei San (Sharon Chan). While the two cops dislike each other immensely, they are always there for each other to fix their mistakes. Po Tei eventually falls in love with Mei San and confesses to her.

When the main characters are finally beginning to see a road forming ahead of them, rich businesswoman Pong Tit Sam (Alice Chan) steps in with an insolvable murder case, making their road ever more difficult and dangerous to tread on.

Friendly Fire is Alice Chan’s (陳煒) first drama with TVB since joining with the station. The drama also stars Oscar Leung (梁烈唯), Derek Kok (郭政鴻), Jack Wu (胡諾言), Samantha Ko (高海寧), Grace Wong (王君馨) and guest stars Akina Hong (康華), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), and JJ Jia (賈曉晨).

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Review: Friendly Fire (by Miriamfanz)(20)
  • Tavia Yeung Had Car Accident in China(46)
  • Tavia Yeung Teased for Him Law's Tears at “Friendly Fire” Promotion(38)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • Upcoming Sexy Scenes in "Friendly Fire" Revealed(89)
  • "Friendly Fire" Spoilers for Next Week Revealed!(28)
  • “Friendly Fire” Script Irks Mainland Netizens(203)
  • “Friendly Fire” Cast Pokes Fun At Their Car-Shaking Rumors(12)
  • "Justice Attack" Prayer Ceremony; Michael Tse Jokes About Oscar Leung's Rape Rumors(35)
  • What to Watch in 2014 Hong Kong Dramas(64)

• Readers' Comments (36)

For a moment I thought this is sequel to The Other Truth. And am I seeing a new face of Tavia? Hair is new, at least longer hair for once but the face is photoshopped to death.

• Funn Lim says:

Eh Akina Hong? She’s back?

• Catie says:

‘Too smooth’..?! what?? Everyone’s face in the photo is airbrush-flawless…the whole photo is photoshopped.

Tavia’s seriously lost a lot of weight…makes her face appear a lot skinnier. Wish she’d gain weight back on

• Veejay says:

@Funn,

Which part of her is photoshop? I thought she always has long and skinny face…

• Funn Lim says:

Too smooth, skinnier

• Little fishy says:

Hair like that, especially straightened give the illusion of a longer, and skinner face xD I know, cos I did my hair like that once, n my face is super round xD on another note, why Michael -.- I don’t like him much, n to pair with tavia, serious sigh =_=’

• Veejay says:

lol Funn, TY’s face has always look “skinnier”. btw, did you watch SSSS? her face in that series looks even longer and skinnier than usual.. She definitely need to gain some weight!

• E says:

This sound more of Ghetto-ish for a second, actually.

What is the “The Other Truth” about??

2. Mindy says:

excited for this :)

3. Hannah says:

Tin Lam rejected JJ because of an illness. TOT + THC, lol

Looking forward to see Alice in her first series!

4. Teece says:

I hope this is not a comedy…either way I’m looking much forward to this than the other one that will be airing around the same time.

5. John says:

Cant wait!!!:) love legal dramas after watching The Other Truth. And im a Tavia fan!!

6. a-pop says:

I anticipate tis legal series so much but I just cant stand the “Friendly Fire”. Worst tittle of all. Still prefer call it Justice Attack.

7. sure-lee says:

i love tavia with this hairstyle!

8. Magic says:

Legal series are always fun, even when the cases are sloppy or not very strong (GJ). Tavia was good in TOT so I’m looking forward to her. Mary and Benz too!

9. lol says:

i think this serious could have made michael tse tv king for this year it looks like another breakthrough role for him

• Gar says:

A breakthrough role for him? Not sure about that. I guess we’ll just have to see but I seriously doubt it.

I don’t think I can ever separate “Laughing” from Michael and vice versa. It’s just so imprinted in my mind.

10. miriamfanz says:

I hope this series will have good cases and not just focus on the love lives of law enforcers

• Veejay says:

TVb is famous for re-using same old plots from different series.

Just look at hte cast.. they’re from the same old batch.. like TY and Michael for example.. this is not htier first collaboration as lovers.. I rather watch TY pairing with Raymond Wong or someone she has not paired with.

• Josie says:

Tavia already paired w/ ray Wong in TOT and “sweetness in the salt”.
          I have a feeling tvb will be pairing tavia and HimHim as a real couple pretty soon.

• Veejay says:

She did? ahhhhh thanks for the info Josie, maybe RW wasn’t that famous that time so i didn’t remember they already coupled before..

Anyway I dont want TY to be pair with HIM2 though, no surprise.

11. YQ says:

Another with Tavia? And there’s Louis Yuen in it?

Definitely skipping this series. I can’t stand her nose and I can’t stand his failed attempts to be funny.

12. lychii04 says:

Sounds ok. I feel bad for Alice Chan, coming to TVB yet her place in the poster is even smaller than Sharon’s… The cast seems ok, nothing too spectacular. Also, Michael and Tavia are paired up again, and seriously, every pairing is so angsty or complicated (Cupid Stupid, Rippling Blossom) yet their chemistry always seems off to me, so hopefully this time it’ll be better since I like legal dramas (mostly)

13. jojo says:

can’t they have someone else than tavia? getting bored with her acting.

14. Linnh says:

is it this one that was Justice attack? did they just change name? ohh well, I actually is interested in this series, so I can’t wait untill it comes out :)

15. E says:

I hope it focus on good criminal show, wonder when it will have a trailer :) Have Michael ever been a lawyer before?? And wow, Tavia sure has been given a lots of role lately.

And on the right side is the comedy guy :) I like him ^^

16. Lucia says:

I can’t wait to watch this drama!

17. Katy says:

Why is the title Friendly Fire? This series look like love stories of many people more than a law series.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription