Tavia Yeung: “I Have Confidence to Win TVB Best Actress!”

By on December 5, 2012 in NEWS, Star Interviews

Above: Tavia Yeung was a big winner at the Astro on Demand Awards, including winning Best Actress.

Freshly awarded the Favorite Actress award at Malaysia’s Astro on Demand Awards, Tavia Yeung’s ( 楊怡) road to success was not easily handed to her. After working in the industry for 13 years and playing a range of characters from an extra to a supporting cast member, Tavia finally has earned the acknowledgement for her acting. The rise to fame has certainly come at a cost because Tavia is facing more negative rumors this year, including the car-shaking incident with rumored boyfriend, Him Law (羅仲謙). But as a seasoned actress, Tavia has long prepared herself for this journey, so she will only continue to work hard and cherish the opportunities presented to her.

“I’ve never thought about giving up in the past 13 years because I feel like I have to make the best use of the opportunities ahead of me. I do have some confidence to win TVB’s TV Queen award because it is a reflection of my progress as an actress. But I’ve never had the luck to win awards anyways, so I’ll just approach it with a neutral mindset. Of course, I’ll be happy if I win, but even I don’t, it doesn’t mean I lost because at least I was able to experience the journey.”

Tavia’s lack of rumors and controversy in her early career led many to think that she is a very boring person, but she shared that in reality, there is a different side to her.

“I’m actually afraid of interacting with strangers because I don’t know how to find topics to carry a conversation – it doesn’t feel natural to me. However, when I’m with my close friends, I can be very crazy.  When I’m home alone, I can also be quiet and get lost in my own thoughts. So my personality can change drastically.”

“I’m not the type to crack jokes and make people laugh, but if the opportunity arises, I’d love to act in a comedy and test my limits to see if I do have a comedic side. For me, it’s easy to do crying and touching scenes, but I think making people laugh is extremely challenging.”

Regarding her rumored relationship with Him Law, Tavia said, “Having both a career and relationship is very important. I need to work to support my family, but as a woman, I also wish to have a shoulder to lean on in my times of need. I used to say that I want to get married before 30, but now, I just let nature take its course.”

This article is written by Natalie for JayneStars.com.

89 comments to Tavia Yeung: “I Have Confidence to Win TVB Best Actress!”

1. Daisy says:

It’s pretty cool how Hippocratic Crush sweeped the awards since it aired so early

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
  2. Anna says:

zzZzz… Tavia’s responses are so PC and scripted.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anna
    • Lol replied:

zzZzz… Anna’s comments are so PC and scripted.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
      • Catie replied:

^LOLOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • pop replied:

haha!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
      • sophia replied:

HAHA

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • Julia replied:

LOL!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Julia
      • 939393 replied:

LOL! double ouch for anna

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • Funn Lim replied:

zzZzz.. what?..zzZzz

• Veejay replied:

Although TY might be boring to some ppl but i find her comment to be really genuine..

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • LyNN replied:

Completely agree with Veejay here

• Puff replied:

Agree!

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  3. happybi says:

Very happy for you Tavia! Hope this will lead to something good at the TVB award show!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
    • Mindy replied:

AGREE!! Hope she wins BA this yearr!! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Mindy
      • LyNN replied:

Can’t agree more!!

• sophia replied:

agree !!!!!!!! tavia WIN !!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
  4. Selena says:

I hope she wins.

Login or Register before you can reply to Selena
  5. Catie says:

Supporting her to win TVQueen this year!

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
  6. Sarah says:

Congrads Tavia :) Hope you win TVB Queen this year:D

Login or Register before you can reply to Sarah
  7. Lilly says:

I really hope she wins! I think she’s an amazing actress and she totally deserves this award

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
  8. John says:

Really hope that the tvb award winners would be the same as AOD!!! Well not really Him Law for Best supporting actor because I think there are far more better actors (power chan, koo ming wah, etc.)

Login or Register before you can reply to John
    • Catie replied:

ALthough it’d be great to see Him take home the award, but I agree, I think other actors nominated are seen to be better and more deserving to win. But I wish him all the best!! :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
    • LyNN replied:

Maybe Power Chan this year!

9. sandcherry says:

Tavia’s nose looks better and more natural in the above photo. Probably she has it fixed again. Good for her!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • Catie replied:

… laugh that you always make comments targeting her nose. Good job.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • El replied:

Most people in the industry had some parts of their body or face fixed.. Get over it.

Login or Register before you can reply to El
      • LyNN replied:

that’s right. it’s not a big news among Korea celebrities as 90% of the pretty & handsome ones have done plastic or cosmetic surgery. btw, raymond lam has obvious face changes but i don’t see the media targeting him as much as they attacked tavia. weird on their biasness.

• Josie replied:

B/c LF’s smaller nose looks better but tavia’s bigger nose looks worse. She should just get it reversed. I think she looked the best in HOG.

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
      • Kidd replied:

“btw, raymond lam has obvious face changes but i don’t see the media targeting him as much as they attacked tavia. weird on their biasness.”

Raymond looks good after his face change. Tavia looks worse. That’s why people talk about her nose so often. It’s very obvious and distracting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Catie replied:

You guys sure like obssessing over the size of her nose, must be shameful of your own face and nose in order to constantly critcise others faces lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • sophia replied:

so true about raymond lam. he has had at lease a few surgeries to fix his nose. his old nose was flat and big but who cares. stop hating peeps.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • pop replied:

I think it is ok….NOT!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
      • pop replied:

^jkjk! Raymond did a huge PS. His face was square and now it is sharp but CHOK!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
      • Linnh replied:

lol anonymous and you think she is the only one in the E circle that do PS? why don’t you go and insult rest of the people for doing PS too?

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  10. Lucia says:

Good job Tavia!! I hope you will grasp the TVB’s Best Actress Award in about 2 weeks.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  11. LyNN says:

Tavia go go go!!!

12. Nat says:

You totally deserve the BEST ACTRESS AWARD! I think it’s so competitive this year because there are so many good contenders. I liked Kate in HAL, but I think that Tavia’s character had more of an opportunity to show RANGE, whereas Kates character is more gloomy throughout (I’m not downplaying her acting chops for those Kate fans out there).

Login or Register before you can reply to Nat
    • quynh replied:

I totally agree. Tavia shows more range in SSSS and her character is becoming more interesting as the series progresses.

Login or Register before you can reply to quynh
  13. Jayvee says:

Hopefully, she will win TVB Best Actress. Go go Tavia

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayvee
  14. 5 fadans says:

My VOTE is for You, Tavia! (TVB best actress).

Eventhough the SSSS rating is average, but your acting in the series is quite good.

I am glad cuz you dont forget your root (the 13th acting class)

Login or Register before you can reply to 5 fadans
    • LyNN replied:

So so proud of you Tavia!!! 😀

15. blast says:

wow, she really looks like an auntie in the pic, did she inject collagen into her cheeks? she trying her best to scare her boyfriend away?

Login or Register before you can reply to blast
    • Catie replied:

Making such a shallow comment, I could imagine you would do something similar to your own face.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • LyNN replied:

haha that’s right Catie. well-said!

• Catie replied:

Just like you would do anything to criticise others faces.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • high replied:

@ catie, if you like her face so much, suggest you go for plastic to look like hers, maybe that’s your level of an idol? would you even wear a t-shirt with this picture printed on it? don’t know what’s tvb doing nowadays? promoting plastics? and drugs? maybe your cup of tea but not mine, there should be a contract with actors.. no drugs and plastics!! after all they want to monopolise the whole industry, by the way, why they keep on releasing bad pics of her?

Login or Register before you can reply to high
      • grunt replied:

@ catie, i think normal people wouldn’t criticise others on the streets, just actors who have to take really nice photos to sell themselves since they are in the industry, would you go to a usd1000 concert of some actor to watch her wear a udd3 dress?

Login or Register before you can reply to grunt
      • run replied:

@ catie No wonder you like Travia so much. She can’t think properly too.

Login or Register before you can reply to run
      • bare replied:

@ catie didn’t you made a comment about travia earlier.. laugh that you always make comments targeting her nose Good job

Login or Register before you can reply to bare
    • sure-lee replied:

just because you dislike some part of her face, it doesnt have to mean she did anything to it. might as well say shes born ugly than come up with stupid reasons like that.

Login or Register before you can reply to sure-lee
      • find replied:

we all know she’s not born ugly so why lie about it, it’s just plastic gone wrong, maybe she should sue the doc and person who adviced her to go for plastic.. some fortune teller?

Login or Register before you can reply to find
    • sophia replied:

why’s the negative comment?

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • grunt replied:

the pic got everyone exited

Login or Register before you can reply to grunt
    • sophia replied:

she is pretty probably way prettier than you are so its ok too get over it.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
    • 939393 replied:

@blast & anonymous: aiyah, i’m pretty sure most celebs in the industry have had some changes here and there. No biggie!

Anyway to her defense, she looks AMAZING in person, much better than how she looks in pictures and on screen.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • poll replied:

but ppl want to see beauty and fantasy on tele else they would’t be wasting their time .. maybe to forget about about their own problems for a while or rest

Login or Register before you can reply to poll
      • momo replied:

I saw her in real person too. She looks more stunning and prettier compare in pictures and on screen. Hope she will win BA in the comming TVB award. GO Tavia!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to momo
      • 939393 replied:

@poll: that’s like saying “you’re ugly thus you’re forbidden from appearing on tv”. tons of celebs found fame based on their ugly looks (like the guy with buck tooth and a coconut hairstyle, couldn’t recall his name)

But yeah true, your statement does have some logical basis.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  16. SY says:

I hate her more and more!! She really looks fake!!

Login or Register before you can reply to SY
    • Catie replied:

Your language and comments makes me sick.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
    • sophia replied:

be nice peeps.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
    • pop replied:

If it makes you sick. U shouldn’t read her news as you will to come across her face obviously. I don’t really like tavia last time but i don’t go around insulting her. I really admire Tavia as she has a great character. She is humble and not competitive at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
    • LyNN replied:

second to Catie. some haters really lacked of morale~

• LyNN replied:

and agree with pop! 😀

• right replied:

@ pop, she’s competitive else she wouldn’t say that she has confidence to win BA

Login or Register before you can reply to right
    • pop replied:

@right- isn’t that confidence? Confidence and competitive is two different things. Can’t u interpret things properly? Do u have a problem in interpreting things? How old are you? Your mind is so shallow. Maybe u can try to figure out what is the difference.

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
  17. Mindy says:

hope tavia wins ba this year!! her role in ssss is getting better and better!!

BA material :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Mindy
    • LyNN replied:

yippee!!!

18. ebbie says:

She deserve to Win!

Login or Register before you can reply to ebbie
  19. LyNN says:

anonymous has obviously spammed everywhere to bring down Tavia’s reputation – so immatured.

20. Catie says:

Haha, everyone has a right to make a comment here.

if ‘anonymous’ thinks he/she can ‘brng down’ tavia’s reputation just by making constant spamming hate comments all over this site, then he/she has definitely overestimated him/her self lmao. Sadcase.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
  21. Holly says:

Don’t care what haters have to say about tavia….bc I still freaking LOVEEEE her!!

Regardless I still think she’s beautiful, I am entitled to my opinion and I’m not gonna let a bunch of haters sway the way I think!

Whoot whoot tavia for BA. :) :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Holly
    • LyNN replied:

hoo-ray!! 😀

• sophia replied:

true what has she ever done to them that made them hate her so much. i understand that they have their idols but still she is an actress. Do you even know who she is in her real life? You dont even know her and yet hating her. i dont get it.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
    • Funn Lim replied:

Looks and talent can be mutually exclusive. I too also think the award will be hers, doesn’t mean I think she is pretty. She is rather plain.

• Gar replied:

She does have talent but I wouldn’t say she’s pretty. She was definitely easier on the eyes shortly after she debuted and looked totally fine but now it’s just so hard to concentrate on her acting without being distracted by her so called “enhancement”.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • pop replied:

^lol!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
  22. sophia says:

i LOVE tavia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia

“Regarding her rumored relationship with Him Law”

Why still rumoured? Because if it is confirmed no one will bother anymore? You mean that’s not what she wants?

It would seem he is eager to confirm, she is eager to be mysterious.

24. CL says:

really don’t like Tavia…i know she has a lot of fans…anyway…i wish anyone else to win but her…sigh…i just watch those TVB drama which without her….

Login or Register before you can reply to CL
    • Catie replied:

And if she didn’t, you’d be the one to complain as well. Just in case you didn’t realise, every artist wears makeup, light or heavy, it’s still makeup. Deal with it lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
    • pop replied:

maybe anonymous doesn’t wear makeup and looks ugly. LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
    • light replied:

@ pop, you’re being mean yourself

Login or Register before you can reply to light
    • pop replied:

@light- i never said i will be kind to the haters.

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
      • ten replied:

@pop you are being selfish, everyone can comment whatever they feel, it’s a free world eg you can’t be scold every person who don’t like the color black

Login or Register before you can reply to ten
      • pop replied:

Yes u can! I never said u can’t I also an comment whatever I feel.

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
      • pop replied:

*can

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
  25. Linnh says:

Her role in THC was pretty nice. She deserves an award for that role. it is just bad that she got nominated for SSSS instead. Should have followed Kenneth Ma and be nominated for THC.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  26. ten says:

@pop you are being selfish, others can comment whatever suits them

Login or Register before you can reply to ten