“Triumph in the Skies 2″ Character Relationships Exposed!

By on July 7, 2012 in NEWS, TV Dramas

After frequent cast changes, TVB pilot drama, Triumph in the Skies 2 <衝上雲霄2> will start filming in July. The confirmed cast members are Francis Ng (吳鎮宇), Chilam Cheung (張智霖), Ron Ng (吳卓羲), Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), Fala Chen (陳法拉), Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Elena Kong (江美儀), Rebecca Zhu (朱晨麗), Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Him Law (羅仲謙), Toby Leung (梁靖琪) and Kelly Fu (傅嘉莉).

One of TVB’s most expensive filming projects this year, Triumph in the Skies 2 will film in Great Britain, France,  Taiwan, and Qingdao, China.  The 40 episode drama is produced by Joe Chan (陳維冠).

Triumph in the Skies 2 will feature several key returning characters from its first installment and chronicle the lives of pilots and staff in the airline industry. In the original Triumph in the Skies, Francis Ng and Myolie Wu’s characters had gotten married. However, Myolie’s “Zoe” dies from heart disease, making Francis’ “Sam” grief stricken.

Fala Chen will portray a pilot, involved in a love triangle with Francis Ng and Chilam Cheung’s characters. Since Fala’s character’s ex-boyfriend had died earlier, she understands the grief of losing a beloved one.  Chilam’s character will carry a reflection of Fala’s ex-boyfriend.

Myolie will portray two characters in Triumph in the Skies 2. Aside from Zoe, Myolie will also play a airplane technician who will have a romance with Ron Ng’s “Issaac.” At first, Ron will be resistant to loving a woman who bears the same resemblance of his deceased sister-in-law, Zoe.

Kenneth Ma and Ron Ng’s characters will be promoted to pilots. Kenneth will have a younger man, elder woman relationship with Elena Kong. Nancy Wu will return as “Coco”  and she will have a romantic relationship with Him Law. Toby Leung and  Stephen Huynh will be another romantic pairing.

Source: ihktv.com

Jayne: Perhaps “Triumph in the Skies 2″ will retain the flavor of its first installment as a romantic travelogue, where its characters fulfill their romantic destinies in exotic international locations. It was not mentioned who Rebecca Zhu will be paired with, but presumably she will be in some love triangle with one of the male leads.

96 comments to “Triumph in the Skies 2″ Character Relationships Exposed!

Someone, try drawing the chart!!

• tigerma replied:

f

Login or Register before you can reply to tigerma
    • tigerma replied:

funn limm can you write episode rev for the awesome Tiger Cubs?? I saw you write episodic review for Ghetto justice. kenneth ma is farking greatness and JJ is cool beauty.

Login or Register before you can reply to tigerma
      • Funn Lim replied:

I did write just for episode 1 at my blog and I just sent it to Jayne and I am afraid I will have SDU descending onto me and beat me to pulp. Let’s just say I have finally watched episode 1 and my reaction is different. I am getting ready to be punched.

• Kidd replied:

@ Funn

After watching the whole episode 1, my reaction is quite similar to yours.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Funn Lim replied:

So Kidd you and I can share the punches. You get left eye I get right eye, ok?

• tigerma replied:

others out there need to know how awesome Tiger Cubs is!

Login or Register before you can reply to tigerma
  2. lol says:

Zoe was cute and lovely young girl. I want her back and I want Sam to be with Zoe :(

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • lol replied:

At least they make it logical. This will be an excuse to make Ron ignore the Zoe lookalike and create painful love.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • Hannah replied:

Zoe was annoying, although not as annoying as Belle.

“However, Myolie’s “Zoe” dies from heart disease…”

That logical. If there is any truth to it, at least TVB didn’t write off Zoe without any explanations.

• lol replied:

Zoe was cute. She has a youthful bubbly energy in her although she’s sick. Belle was annoying and irritating.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • lol replied:

I just realized this will give Myolie a room to challenge her acting prowess

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Hannahh replied:

Zoe was so cute

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • Rosalind replied:

Me too. I am so looking forward to Zoe and sam pairing

Login or Register before you can reply to Rosalind
  3. J,njk says:

is it just me or does the pairing seem really bad?

i mean fala with chi lam & francis?! i would of expected myolie to do that…like she married francis but chi lam comes in…at least that’d make more sense.

Jayne, is this pairings confirmed or will it change?

Login or Register before you can reply to J,njk
    • Profile photo of jayne jayne replied:

Jnjk
      This is what the current info is regarding “Triumph in the Skies 2.” There will be more info at the drama’s costume fitting.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • lol replied:

Kenneth-Elena is unexpected. The same for Nancy-Him. TITS2 might pretend that Coco-Chris relationship never happened or did they broke up in TITS? I’m surprised to see Stephen Huynh’s name.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Hannah replied:

Chris and Coco broke up at the end of TITS.

• lol replied:

Chris and Coco broke up at the end of TITS.

Their parts must be too little for me to remember

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Hannah replied:

Yeah, Chris, Roy and Coco were only supporting.

• vivien replied:

Nancy and Himhim not bad actually! Hot bod guy for Nancy after many old men! 😀

LOL Coco Chris Roy don’t have subplots in TITS.

To make interesting TVB can call back Chris for guest star and make Kate play his wife ROFL! They can guest star for a french kiss scene at the airport LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • Kidd replied:

I don’t even remember Chris and Coco ever dated and Chris was my fave character in the series. Sigh. My memory of the series really isn’t good.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • mui replied:

Hope its not confirmed because as of right now I am dissatisfied with the relationship pairing.

Login or Register before you can reply to mui
    • Hannahh replied:

Damm Fala is taking to main lead Francis n Chilam not good not good

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  4. Hannah says:

Ummm…how credible is this?

I have a hunch that Chilam and Fala will end up together. Francis will come to the realization that he only loves Zoe.

Pairing Ron up with Myolie indicates that Ron is not demoted.

I can’t picture Kenneth and Elena Kong.

Nancy’s Coco was quite immature. I can see her character with Him Law.

• lol replied:

ihktv get sources from medias

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • nemesis replied:

“Nancy’s Coco was quite immature. I can see her character with Him Law.”

I hope Nancy stays that way! She is paired up with older men too often. Finally a young hot guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to nemesis
      • Hannah replied:

Coco matured towards the end of TITS. But yeah, I do see her with someone her age. So, it should stay the same for Coco.

• Gar replied:

Yes, Nancy has been cast in love relationships with older men too often and it is about time that she is with someone closer to her age.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
  5. Hannah says:

The next fans battle will be Myolie vs. Fala, lol

6. hello says:

i am sensing that fala’s character will be more interesting than myolie’s this time since she got a love triangle relationship

Login or Register before you can reply to hello
  7. nemesis says:

Francis is grief stricken, Fala is grief stricken, Myolie is an introvert, Ron is resistant to Myolie…

Sounds boring!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to nemesis
  8. tigerma says:

triumph in the skies is a grand production but I will laugh if it turns out not as brilliant as Tiger Cubs which TVB doomed and put late in the weekend but still do great. You gotta praise Tiger Cubs for looking like a grand production although it’s put at a late timeslot. Kenneth ma should win best supporting actor for his magnificent slaughter

Login or Register before you can reply to tigerma
  9. funkytownguest says:

I think keeping the characters from the first is a very good choice. A very good choice.

Login or Register before you can reply to funkytownguest
    • Nemesis replied:

Kept who?! Zoe is killed off. Only Sam and issac left. Oh, and also nancy and kenneth, but they were insignificant in triumph1. I rather have a brand new plot if they can’t get s4, Zoe and Zita back.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nemesis
    • vivien replied:

It said above Myolie will play 2 characters so that’s mean Zoe will still appear

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • nemesis replied:

Zoe will appear in the start and then die

Login or Register before you can reply to nemesis

Now it is just a question who they will kill; Tavia or Kenneth in Hippocratic Oath. My feeling is Tavia since she’s the one with the illness. Will they do the same to Ghetto Justice 2? I think not. After all that series is supposed to be quirky and quirky is good.

• a-pop replied:

If they kill any of the important character at sequal,I guarantee the series will die up in gruesome manner.

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
    • Hannahh replied:

Tavia die and come back as a diff character lolz

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  11. elin says:

bored… cant thy cme up wth better storylines.. w

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
    • Christy replied:

I SO AGREE.

I loved the first one, but nowadays …

Login or Register before you can reply to Christy
  12. advo says:

Really surprised that Fala will be in a love triangle with both Francis and Chilam. Was looking forward to Fala/Chilam, but IDK about her and Francis. I liked their sibling vibe in Turning Point a lot, so I prolly won’t see romantic sparks. But it’s good for her acting-wise, to be acting opposed to vets. Will be a good learning experience.

Has Ron and Myolie ever been paired up before? I was so sure TVB had given up on Ron so beyond shocked that he gets to be lead and paired up with the leading fa dan.

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
    • Hannah replied:

Ron and Myolie were paired up in “Lost in the Chamber of Love.” Also, starring Michelle Ye and MM.

• vivien replied:

“I was so sure TVB had given up on Ron so beyond shocked that he gets to be lead and paired up with the leading fa dan.”

TVB giving in to the complaining fans

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
    • Fox replied:

Ron and Myolie in at least 2 series, Lost in chamber of love and another one also have Leila Tong, I don’t rmb name.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Hannah replied:

War and Destiny? Ron was paired up with Leila and Myolie with Sunny.

• josie replied:

Ron and myolie were childhood friends and intended to marry until they met their real loves.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
  13. Gar says:

I am not particularly fond of the Ma Ming and Elena pairing. Couldn’t they have paired him with somebody else? Arghhhhh…..

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
  14. CHo says:

Pretty complicated storyline! Interesting to see how the past impacts those lives in the future

Login or Register before you can reply to CHo
  15. ... says:

pairing KM with an older lady lucky KM i remember raymond lam always getting paired with older ladies

Login or Register before you can reply to ...
    • josie replied:

But in “la femme desperado”, Melissa ng looked very pretty and even cute w/ LF.

No offense to elena but she’s not that attractive either. I can accept her flirting w/ Kenneth in SSSS as his cunning step-mom but that’s the limit. If they really want older woman storyline, they should ask margie tsang cuz at least she and Kenneth have chemistry.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Funn Lim replied:

Is Melissa Ng a full time housewife now?

• sandcherry replied:

Funn:

I think so. Melissa Ng is a full-time housewife and mother now.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  16. Emily says:

I was looking forward in seeing maybe ron and michelle or samuel and michelle.. I never liked myolie’s role… Why can’t they just kill her off … Francis and flora should be paired since i have a gut feeling that francis loved flora more than myolie. And for fala, idk i was always one of her fans sooo… Another sequel that is 180 degrees different from the original. GG tvb.

Login or Register before you can reply to Emily
    • josie replied:

They will kill zoe off. Hopefully that creepy tri-angel doll gets burned too.

If fala picks chilam at the end, maybe Sam (Francis) will reunite w/ belle (flora guest star for 1 episode).

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Funn Lim replied:

Why can’t Zoe disappear somewhere else? Why must she die? And the doll too???

• josie replied:

B/c it would make Sam seem heartless for divorcing her. To give him a new love interest, they gotta kill off wife #1. Plus, women will give him sympathy points for being widowed.

This should apply to THC sequel too.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
  17. mimi says:

why isn’t kate in this? boooo

Login or Register before you can reply to mimi
    • Hannah replied:

Kate will be filming in Mainland instead.

• Funn Lim replied:

What series? Mainland series?

• Hannah replied:

Yeah, it’s a Mainland series. That’s all I know.

18. ice6angel says:

Eh? I’m confused. I heard that Myolie’s character died in the first Triumph In The Skies, but I watched her getting married with Francis’ character. Were there two versions for the ending of TITS 1?

Login or Register before you can reply to ice6angel
    • anoninhk replied:

i don’t remember her dying. she ended up in a wheelchair i think. and francis chose to be with her over flora.

i think it’s silly bringing in a lookalike. can’t the writers think of a better plot for a married sam and zoe? and fala’s character sounds a lot like charmaine’s in forensic heroes 2.

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
      • ice6angel replied:

I think so too. Besides Zoe’s part, nothing else relates to the first instalment.

Login or Register before you can reply to ice6angel
    • Funn Lim replied:

If I remember correctly, she didn’t die. She went for surgery and recovered.

19. Jan says:

Will Mag Lam still be in the drama?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jan
    • Jan replied:

I thought Jerry Lamb was sign to CTI and will he also be in this drama?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jan
  20. HeTieShou says:

Ok, so I guess Sammul decided not to be in this series afterall. It would be pointless since the cast list is already so crowded…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Hannah replied:

It was just rumor. I don’t think TVB had the intention of inviting Sammul back.

21. Christy says:

omg. TVB series is all about love stories and triangles these days. The characters and the plot back then when the first of triumph in the skies was fantastic, but ever since all their other ‘love’ stories. seriously. no…

Login or Register before you can reply to Christy
  22. Vicki says:

Argh and I was so excited to see TITS2 but if there is no Sam and Zoe then I might as well just skip it.

I don’t understand how Myolie is the female lead when it is Fala that has a triangle with Francis and Chi Lam. Stupid TVB always have to mess things up with what was working so well before!

Login or Register before you can reply to Vicki
    • Hannahh replied:

yes i’m totally agree with u. with the plot and character relationship, it sound like Myolie is no longer the lead anymore pairing up with RON.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  23. ice6angel says:

And I also thought that Chilam isn’t able to film triumph in the skies 2?

Login or Register before you can reply to ice6angel
  24. mousey says:

ok, well they’ve got to find a way to write off isaac and zita’s relationship so that isaac can get with a zoe lookalike.

so, no more myolie and francis pairing?
    francis’ reaction to seeing a myolie lookalike?

a bit strange tbh.

Login or Register before you can reply to mousey
    • vivien replied:

they can say zita settled down with Sammul

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • Kidd replied:

Haha, I also thought of this explanation just now.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • josie replied:

That would be lovely if they said zita finally picked Donald. He was sweet.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
    • a-pop replied:

I very hope to see back Michelle Yip reprise her role as Zita but too bad TVB seems unable to invite her back to film this sequal.What a pathetic.

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
      • Hannah replied:

I don’t know if TVB is “unable to invite her back.” I haven’t heard anything about Michelle and TVB since she left.

• Fox replied:

Uncle Four – Txb’s current biggest shareholder, was Michelle’s love rumour :P. Then we can have hope. I want to see Michelle again in Txb, too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  25. Kidd says:

I dislike the Francis-Fala-Chilam plot. Sounds so dated and formulaic, especially the ‘he look like my ex’ plot. Luckily, Myolie’s other character didn’t involve in a similar love plot with Sam.

But, I like the Kenneth/Elena pair and Toby/Stefan pairing. With Chris gone, I’m most looking forward to Roy’s story since he didn’t have much any story of his own inn TITS 1. His character will have a lot of room for expansion.

I hope the scriptwriter will at least mention Donald, Zita, Chris and Belle in dialogue so that we know what happen to them.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • vivien replied:

Donald open a business in mainland, he reunited with Zita who left the pilot world to become an actress LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • vivien replied:

Chris went to work as a pilot in China. Over there he fell in love with a ground crew and they get together after sharing an airport kiss.

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • vivien replied:

Belle quit her job and settled down with a businessman. Then she decide to pursue her studies.

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • vivien replied:

All are made up by me ROFL

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
    • Fox replied:

Belle missed Vincent too much so she went to Italy where he died to live there. Unfortunately, Txb dun go to Rome to film then Belle isn’t mentioned.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • ice6angel replied:

Wow… that’s a good one!

Login or Register before you can reply to ice6angel
  26. YanYanKong says:

What Complicated relationships. Especially when it’s all love relationshipss. Myolie playing 2 characters and Ron in a relationship with her even though she resembles his sister in-law. And Fala in love triangle where one guy reminds her of her ex and one has been through the same state she has. The Myolie Wu character seems just like the Micheal Miu character in E.U. Both of the character died in the first series, then brought back to the new sereis as a diff character, but resembles the original character.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • Hannahh replied:

yeh TVB like to recycle the plot

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  27. JJ says:

This storyline sounds incestruous.

Login or Register before you can reply to JJ
  28. Hannahh says:

mmm i don’t like the pairing at all :( so disappointed! i was expecting Francis, Chilam n Myolie as triangle love. not looking forward to it no more.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  29. AC says:

I always preferred Myolie and Ron to be together in the first Triumph rather than her and Francis so I’m happy.

I hope it’s not all focused on just love relationships, because I remember it focused on friendships and family too? It’s been so long since I’ve watched the series so my memory is cloudy.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
  30. Tegan says:

Not exactly feeling excited about this latest info. I don’t like that they’re breaking up a couple that was established in the first series (Francis/Myolie) even though I’m not a huge fan of the pairing. I dunno, it just screams to me that TVB scriptwriters don’t want to or don’t know how to write a story without romantic triangles and therefore they need Francis’ character to be single again to enable that. Francis-Fala-Chilam triangle doesn’t sound inspired either.

At this point I’m more interested in what overseas locations they’re planning to film at.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tegan
  31. 美好好 says:

I thought CIT sign Jerry Lamb and will Mag Lam still be in this drama? I want to see Myolie wear a wig (again) instead of cutting her hair when is play zoe

Login or Register before you can reply to 美好好
  32. YY says:

I am so disapointed that Raymond Lam is not in there……I was expecting this serie for so long…….

Login or Register before you can reply to YY