TVB Artists Divided Over TV Queen Race

By on October 20, 2012 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

The clear winner for this year’s TVB Best Actress award has not emerged yet. As online communities remain deeply divided over which actress should receive the high-profile TV Queen, TVB artists interestingly were also split into major camps for Kate Tsui (徐子珊), Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), Tavia Yeung (楊怡), and Michelle Yim (米雪).

TVB artists expressed their personal choices for TV Queen, appearing to base their selections primarily on past drama collaborations or personal friendships, rather than neutral assessments of acting performances this year.

With TVB announcing that this year’s Anniversary Award winners will be based on a one person, one vote system, will audiences vote from the heart instead of with their eyes as well?

Kate Tsui’s Supporters:

Raymond Lam (林峯): Of course, I will support Kate. When I first read the script for Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒>, I could not imagine anyone other than Kate who can fully carry out this role. Honestly, she did a superb job.

Ella Koon  (官恩娜): Kate all the way! She taught me a lot during filming and helped me get into character.

Michelle Yim’s Supporters:

Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) : I am biased towards Michelle.  Obviously we all know that she can act, but she was exceptional in portraying Empress Dowager Cixi’s dominant characteristics in The Confidant <大太監>. Michelle took my breath away when she stepped out in full makeup and costume.

Eric Tsang (曾志偉) : I support Michelle because she is a veteran actress.

Koo Ming Wah (古明 華): I hope Michelle wins!

Myolie: I heard that Michelle was really good as Empress Dowager Cixi. The role gave her lots of opportunity to showcase her acting. I won’t think much about the award for myself. I’m happy just to be nominated.

Myolie Wu’s  Supporter:

Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) : My partner-in-crime Myolie! But honestly, I haven’t watched the other series.

Tavia Yeung’s (楊怡) Supporter:

Sharon Chan (陳敏之): Since Myolie won before, I hope it goes to Tavia!

Source: Oriental Sunday #775 via kuangaitvb.com

This article is written by Natalie for JayneStars.com.

195 comments to TVB Artists Divided Over TV Queen Race

1. Veejay says:

TY’s pic really look like Mary hon there.. the hairstyle and long face. Is a bad pic really.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay(Non-Member)
    • Fox replied to Veejay(Non-Member)

Mary Hon is elegant and beautiful, even for her age and before. She dun have a horse face.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox(Non-Member)
      • lol replied to Fox(Non-Member)

TVB Weekly 800 cover of SSSS cast. The four wives look almost at the same age.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol(Non-Member)
      • Hannahh replied to Fox(Non-Member)

Tavia look just a lil younger than other wives

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh(Non-Member)
      • Piggy replied to Fox(Non-Member)

Elena looks the youngest in my opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to Piggy(Non-Member)
      • Spider-Man replied to Fox(Non-Member)

She looks great in the costume. Not that old! Not as exaggerating as others sound her to be. Poor TY!

Login or Register before you can reply to Spider-Man(Non-Member)
  2. sandcherry says:

After last year’s TV Queen fake winning, I don’t care any more. Myolie Wu, with her lousy and immature acting, could get herself a TV Queen, anyone else should be able to win same this year. It is TVB’s fake arrangement anyway, either judged by TVB panels or HK citizens. It does not make any difference.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry(Non-Member)
    • Magic replied to sandcherry(Non-Member)

I don’t know why you call it fake. Honestly, there were no one else there to fight with her. Before you say Jessica or Maggie, Jessica herself said that her acting was only 50% in Cursed and Maggie’s character was bland in FHIII. That series wasn’t even good, either.

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic(Non-Member)
      • Veejay replied to Magic(Non-Member)

LIke what Magic said.. no contestant to fight the award with Myolie last year and that’s how she got the award.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay(Non-Member)
      • gold4canada replied to Magic(Non-Member)

I’m not hating on myolie, but honestly I thought Jessica was better in curse. her evil expressions were better than myolie. if that’s only her 50%, her 100% would be leagues ahead of myolie

Login or Register before you can reply to gold4canada(Non-Member)
      • Veejay replied to Magic(Non-Member)

but Txb won’t give this important award to those who have left txb eg. Jessica.. so despite how good jessica was.. Its only reasonable to give it to their biological daughter “myolie” who was rumored to replace Sheh as Sister No. 1 in TXB.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay(Non-Member)
    • Hannahh replied to sandcherry(Non-Member)

I think Myolie deserved the awards, She did very well and as every1 said there wasn’t any strong competitor last year. Maggie and Jessica are both my fav actress @ all time but their performance was alright.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh(Non-Member)
  3. coco lala says:

I go for Tavia Yeung. Hope she will win this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to coco lala(Non-Member)
    • loop replied to coco lala(Non-Member)

same here!

Login or Register before you can reply to loop(Non-Member)
      • Spider-Man replied to loop(Non-Member)

Me too…I support TY

Login or Register before you can reply to Spider-Man(Non-Member)
  4. Carol says:

My vote will be either Tavia or Michelle. I think it is too early for Kate to win BA. As for Myolie, I don’t think she deserves it this year as GH2 sucks.

Login or Register before you can reply to Carol(Non-Member)
  5. a-pop says:

Finish SSSS first 2 episode. Tavia performance seems great for me as she able pull out good performance despite falling ill during filming process. Support her for Tv Queen

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop(Non-Member)
    • clamine replied to a-pop(Non-Member)

@a-pop: Please don’t use falling sick to excuse an artist’s performance. What actors, not just TVB’s, did not at one time or the other fell sick when filming? Just like the athletes are judged by their actual performances, likewise, actors are judged by their actual performances, not what went on behind the scenes.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine(Non-Member)
      • Jo replied to clamine(Non-Member)

Well said.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jo(Non-Member)
      • lol replied to clamine(Non-Member)

Well said clamine. Falling sick isn’t an excuse. Other actors keep it up during sickness too.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol(Non-Member)
      • Fox replied to clamine(Non-Member)

Falling sick is the frequent excuse used by a group of ppl. It’s like there is only one Txb actress is hard working and sick. If the series is successful, this excuse will be used to praise. If the series is flopped, this excuse will be used to gain sympathy. But if anyone else use this excuse for another person, some among this group will say differently. And it’s the funny point.

For watever, in the end, I agree with you that the actual performance should be the thing to be judged, not falling sick or healthy.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox(Non-Member)
      • Nicole replied to clamine(Non-Member)

Agree! Hahahaa , and it’s always the same actress falling sick. SITS SICK. TOT SICK. NOw SSSS Sick. SICK SICK SICK. Why don’t I see other actresses using sickness to excuse their crappy and boring acting. Next time if I see anyone acting badly, I’d just say this – WOW Christine Kuo must have been SICK so her acting’s not good. Aimee Chan must have been SICK, so her acting is good for someone sick.

If you are so sick and weakly then go rest, or you can’t spare the thought of that $$$ out of your grasp?

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole(Non-Member)
      • Hannahh replied to clamine(Non-Member)

Agreed with Clamine

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh(Non-Member)
      • a-pop replied to clamine(Non-Member)

Sori but it just my opinion tat Tavia deliver good performance on first 2 episode SSSS n I just give her extra credit for her still able pull out tat performance even though she ill…any wrong?? I cant give her tat credit?

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop(Non-Member)
      • Puff replied to clamine(Non-Member)

To be fair Tavia didn’t ask for any sympathy or extra credit! But she deserves it. Tavia and Damian were the best in the 2 episodes I’ve watched! Damn fine actors!!! Flop or not, I support Tavia!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff(Non-Member)
      • Fox replied to clamine(Non-Member)

Ok i will take it as a trend now. Whenever anyone is criticized for acting I will say s/he sick lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox(Non-Member)
    • coco lala replied to a-pop(Non-Member)

She is being professional by not taking sick leave since the drama is already filming. Just give her some credits if she really performs well in SSSS. Like what puff said, she didn’t ask any sympathy or extra credit..TY, hope you win the BA.

Login or Register before you can reply to coco lala(Non-Member)
  6. creek says:

where’s linda supporter?? haha

Login or Register before you can reply to creek(Non-Member)
    • gold4canada replied to creek(Non-Member)

Imagine the riots from Tavia+Kate fans if Linda ended up getting it

Login or Register before you can reply to gold4canada(Non-Member)
  7. Jojo says:

Wow someone seemed to hate tavia alot. Whenever people write comments about her, she will jumpin and write lots of sarcastic remarks. We can write whatever we feel about the artists but pls don’t get too emotional.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jojo(Non-Member)
  8. Angel says:

Michelle FTW! I really believe that she deserves the award!

Login or Register before you can reply to Angel(Non-Member)