JayneStars.com logo

TVB Announces Official 2012 Anniversary Awards Nominations

By on November 21, 2012

TVB Announces Official 2012 Anniversary Awards Nominations thumbnail

After numerous media speculations over the TVB Anniversary Awards, the company has finally released the official nomination list. There are a total of 15 awards categories this year. Hong Kong residents will be able to vote for the award winners in only 3 awards categories: Best Drama, Best Actor, and Best Actress from December 10 to 17.

For the remaining 12 awards categories, professional judges will decide the winners.

Below are the official nominees for the TVB 45th Anniversary Awards:

6. Kristal Tin- King Maker <造王者>
  7. Eliza Sam- Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽…>
  8. Kate Tsui- Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒>
  9. Tavia Yeung- Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>
  10. Michelle Yim- The Confidant <大太監>

Most Improved Actor

1. Vincent Wong (王浩信)- Wish and Switch <換樂無窮>, Tiger Cubs <飛虎>, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>
  2. King Kong (金剛)- Let It Be Love <4 in Love>, King Maker <造王者>, Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭2>, Jade Solid Gold <勁歌金曲>, Battle of the Senses <五覺大戰>, TV Funny <玩轉三周1/2>, Neighborhood Gourmet <街坊廚神食四方>
  3. Oscar Leung (梁烈唯)- L’Escargot <缺宅男女>, Queen of Hearts and Diamonds <東西宮略>, House of Harmony and Vengeance <耀舞長安>, Tiger Cubs <飛虎>, The Confidant <大太監>, Big Boys Club <兄弟幫>
  4. Edwin Siu (蕭正楠)- Daddy Good Deeds <當旺爸爸>, King Maker <拳王>, The Last Steep Ascent <天梯>, The Confidant <大太監>, TV Funny <玩轉三周1/2>
  5. Him Law (羅仲謙)- L’Escargot <缺宅男女>, The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小時>, Tiger Cubs <飛虎>, Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽…>

Most Improved Actress

1. Eliza Sam (岑麗香)- Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭2>, Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽…>, Heilongjiang <黑龍江>
  2. Christine Kuo (苟芸慧)- Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭2>, Tiger Cubs (飛虎)
  3. Mandy Wong (黃智雯)- L’Escargot <缺宅男女>, The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小時>, Tiger Cubs <飛虎>, Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽…>
  4. Cilla Kung (樂曈)- Three Kingdoms RPG <回到三國>, Daddy Good Deeds <當旺爸爸>, Witness Insecurity <護花危情>
  5. Katy Kung (龔嘉欣)- Bottled Passion <我的如意狼君>, King Maker <拳王>, No Good Either Way <衝呀!瘦薪兵團>, The Last Steep Ascent <天梯>, Living Up <更上一層樓>

Best Program Host

1. Grasshopper (草蜢)- All Star World Exam <環遊世界明星賽>
  2. Jamie Chik (戚美珍)- Tasting Life <珍情品味>
  3. Nancy Sit (薛家燕) and Louis Yuen (阮兆祥)- Virtues of Harmony: Heart of Greed <皆大歡喜之溏心風暴>
  4. Luisa Maria Leitao (黎芷珊)- Telling Maria <最佳男主角>
  5. Louis Yuen (阮兆祥), Johnson Li (李思捷), and Wong Cho Lam (王祖藍)- Games Gods Play <萬千升呢福祿壽>

Best Variety Program

1. From Here to There <快樂地圖>
  2. All Star World Exam <環遊世界明星賽>
  3. Virtues of Harmony: Heart of Greed <皆大歡喜之溏心風暴>
  4. Telling Maria <最佳男主角>
  5. Games Gods Play <萬千升呢福祿壽>

Best Informational Program

1. Bride Wannabes <盛女愛作戰>
  2. Number Matters <700萬人的數字>
  3. Returning Home <回鄉>
  4. Tasting Life <珍情品味>
  5. Pilgrimage of Hope <走過烽火大地>

Three other remaining awards include Professional Actor, Professional Actress, and Lifetime Achievement Awards.

The winners will be announced at the TVB 45th Anniversary Awards held on Monday, December 17, 2012.

Source: TVB.com

Note: This article is written for JayneStars.com. DO NOT re-post this article on any other websites. No part of this article may be copied, reproduced, rearranged, redistributed, modified by any means or in any form whatsoever without prior written permission.  You may use the content online and for your non-commercial, personal use only. Copying these materials for anything other than your personal use is a violation of copyright laws. Should you wish to share this article, we recommend that you: (i) link directly to the article at JayneStars.com on your website; or (ii) share this article link via social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• Top Ten Nominees for TVB Best Actor and Actress Leaked(219)
  • TVB Anniversary Award Predictions – Raymond Lam and Kate Tsui Take the Lead(178)
  • Top 10 Nominees for TVB Anniversary Awards Revealed(211)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • 2014 TVB Calendar(81)
  • 2013 Next Magazine TV Awards Results: Linda Chung Reaches #1(35)
  • Artists Comment on 2012 TVB Anniversary Awards Nomination List(79)
  • Kenneth Ma Sacrificed for Bosco Wong in TV King Race?(149)
  • TVB 2013 Calendar Revealed(120)
  • TVB Anniversary Awards: Nominations Revealed on November 29(106)

• Readers' Comments (170)

1. mito says:

So Ben Wong was really sacrifed, hmmm

• Jayne says:

Mito,
        Ben may gotten word that he was sacrificed this year, which is what prompted him to be so angry and blunt in his response to the media.

• Tammy says:

Sux for Ben and where is MICHAEL MIU?? TVB is just biased and sh*tty (ops sorry).

• Gar says:

Michael Miu is nominated in the Most Favourite Male Character category for his “Heung Sir” role.

• sandcherry says:

Wayne Lai got the Best Actor award twice already. Why was he nominated for Best Actor Award? Same with Kevin Cheng, Michelle Yim, Charmaine Sheh, Moses Chan, and Roger Kwok.

• Cynthia says:

Yea I just noticed that too! That sucks! Maybe he’s in the Professional Actor category????

• Gar says:

I feel sorry for Ben. He did such a great job in HAL and this is what TVB does in return to repay him. He really should get a nod for his portrayal.

• miriamfanz says:

Not only that. They made Ben Wong reveal the nomination list for BSA in the press conference, KNOWING that he’s not on the list. TVB is seriously not treating the guy right. And the nerve of Virginia Lok to say “I voted for Ben.” We know what you did. Just shut up already!

• Gar says:

Really? They actually got Ben to read out the nominations for BSA. I really feel sorry for this guy. Why would they even ask him knowing that he’s not even nominated? That’s like taking a dagger and sticking it into his heart. Don’t they think in advance of his feelings? Aiya……

• Linnh says:

we all know that 620 is two faces already. She only try to look nice, but inside of her she is the devil herself :P

• Fox says:

What happen if she really voted for Ben but the other 8 cast him out? Txb dun have 620 alone in the game. They have 9 executives and a boss.

• HeTieShou says:

Ok, so we all know now why Ben was so upset…

• Ben says:

I guess Ben Wong will need a shoulder to cry on

Is there any difference in unofficial and official list?!

• Jayne says:

Funn,
        I didn’t compare every name on Ming Pao’s list versus the official one, but it seems to be the same at first glance.

The previous issues with Aimee Chan being in Best Actress category and Maggie Cheung omitted from “The Last Steep Ascent” are still there.

3. purplepaw says:

omg aimee chan really is in best actress category…not that she’ll win or anything, but what the hell was tvb thinking lol

4. Anu says:

What is Christine Kuo doing on there for best supporting?

• purplepaw says:

LMAO i didn’t even see her there. wtf, tvb so blatantly supporting actresses that obviously don’t deserve the award…

• Lol says:

The female cast from Bottled Passion should be there instead. I’m annoyed with this stupid list.

• advo says:

Eliza and Christine for Best Supporting is ridiculous. They should be in Most Improved IF TVB had to put them somewhere. Aimee for Best Supporting AND Best Actress is beyond ridicule. If it was April, I would ask if this was an April’s Fool joke.

• Anu says:

I don’t deny the fact that she’s not pretty but it doesn’t mean we’ll let her off for her acting let me be honest I completely forgot that she even starred in gj2

5. polypeptide says:

TVB who is desperately promoting aimee, is backfiring…. No one agrees that her nomination in BA category is justified, and rightfully so! Can she act ?

• miriamfanz says:

Regardless of her acting, she isn’t the female lead!

• Gar says:

She’s just plain lucky that Maggie Cheung left for CTI or else she wouldn’t be nominated for the Best Actress category for her role in TLSA.

• Lol says:

Exactly, what kind of crack are they on at TVB? All these beauty queen who cannot act, sound like my 5 year boy when they speak are nominated over real actors who can actually act is stupid, crazy, distasteful & insulting!!!

• advo says:

Yes, that is the most glaring offense yet to date. You wouldn’t think TVB could sink any lower… and they keep proving you wrong

6. hello says:

i can see mandy wong definetly winning most improved !

7. Coolkingdragon says:

Ben is going to be really angry. He stands out as the guy of the year for sure. I am now sad.

8. miriamfanz says:

Alright TVB, the joke’s over. Now give me the real nomination list.

Until then, my predictions:

BA: Raymond & Tavia
      BSA: Koo Ming Wah & Aimee
      Fav: Raymond & Kate
      Improved: Mandy & Him
      Best Series: The Confidant

• simplitee says:

Although I hope LF grabs both BA and Fave but i have a feeling TVB might give it to Kenneth.

Sadly i do feel that Him might win Improved when I want Edwin to win it instead.

9. Gar says:

I think Ben should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor instead of Vincent Wong in SSSS. Don’t get me wrong, I think Vincent is a good actor but from what I have seen of the 5 episodes I have watched of SSSS, he didn’t have any impact at all unless of course he plays a more prominent role now in the more recent episodes. I still think he is a miscast for SSSS and would replace him for Ben in the nominations IMO.

• Funn Lim says:

Vincent;’s character gets better later on and in my humble opinion is more multi faceted than Ben’s on track mind character. Ben’s nomination lies elsewhere.

For me the most intense fight is the supporting actor. I am torn between Koo MIng Wah excellent and eye opener performance in DID and Power Chan’s excellent and a more varied character in Confidant. It is my humble opinion Jazz Lam shouldn’t be in that list and it should be replaced by another awesome performance and mostly underrated actor, Raymond Cho whose An De Hai is my most favourite eunuch character in The Confidant todate. and may I say the most masculine eunuch.

• Funn Lim says:

Just read wiki; Maggie Cheung was originally Cixi? Wow, that would have changed the dynamics in the series and would have been quite positive in my opinion.

• Gar says:

Yes, I agree with you on the omission of Jazz Lam as I totally forgot about him and he really didn’t make an impact in GJ2. It was really nothing special.

They should replace “Ngok wah” with Raymond Cho instead.

TVB, what are you thinking????? This official list is a joke.

• miriamfanz says:

Jazz wasn’t special in GJ2 since he was just doing same thing as in the first GJ. Nothing surprising. I think Elliot Ngok should also be omitted. I find him to be quite OTT in The Confidant. Ben Wong snubbed big time.

10. Jayne says:

Not only was Ben Wong sacrificed, Ruco Chan was as well.

I felt that Ruco should have replaced Joe Ma on the list for “Best Actor” based on acting skills alone. However, Joe is needed for upcoming sequel of “Tiger Cubs” so that’s why he was given a spot.

11. Linnh says:

I think the only thing TVB did right with the list is nominating MM for his role in THC and not SSSS.

12. Lol says:

Eliza Sam is cute but why is she nominated for Most Improved when she has only done three series & not even the main role. How does one improved that fast & that much? There are actors who have been with TVB for decade(s) & still has yet been given any type of recognition. This is pure BS…bs…bs…bs!!!!

• advo says:

She can stay on Most Improved, but WTF is she doing on Best Supporting?!!!

• Kidd says:

She is not the first artist to be nominated for Most Improved with only 1 major series. I remember several others also get most improve with only one series. I also question how they can be Most Improved when they have only done one series. Improve from where? But, that’s TVB for you.

• advo says:

This is exactly why I don’t care about her being on Most Improv. It’s so typical TVB to pull something that. But the fact that she (and Christine) is already on Best Supporting… blows my mind!

• Abigail says:

Eliza has good audience fate.

13. Ric says:

At the end of the day the top 10 will be top 5. I don’t think being nominated is that big a deal if you don’t make it into the top 5. That being said, I am shocked at the best supporting actor category. I guess one can make the argument that there are just too many talented supporting actors. All the actors nominated for most improved should be taken off the supporting actor list and replaced with people like Ben Wong, Raymond Cho, KK Cheung, and Joseph Lee.

• Lol says:

Totally agreed with you & even if it’s not a big deal to be nominated…but I’m sure it’s nice to get the recognition…specially for those real actors.

• Woot says:

I agree with you. TVB have lots of talented supporting actors!!!

On the nominations, it’ll always come down to connections and not popularity since politics is the root to all evils. I need not comment more since I pretty much think the list is as unfair as ever!!

14. Lol says:

Where is MM for best actor?!?! And RW should be nominated for Bottled Passion not Gloves Come Off. TVB is rediculous & insulting to their audiences.

15. Ric says:

What in the world is professional actor and actress anyway? Probably another pork award. I think Moses won something like this before if memory serves me right. i don’t see the point of it. My guess is it will go to whoever gets snubbed by the audience voting system.

16. Amy says:

“Vincent Wong (王浩信)- House of Harmony and Vengeance , Tiger Cubs , Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles ”

Correction – The first one should be Wish and Switch

• DC says:

Edwin Siu (蕭正楠)- Daddy Good Deeds , King Maker ….. instead of King Maker, it’s supposed to be Gloves Come Off.

17. nemesis says:

Benjamin Yuen should replace King Kong for most improved actor.

18. Daisy says:

Wow Selena Li, Ruco Chan, And Ben Wong all got booted out eh?

19. Nhu says:

Linda Chung is not nominated for the favorite female character and Tavia Yeung is nominated twice.It’s not fair for Linda and other actresses.

• Catherine Le says:

I think they want to make sure that Tavia win something they nominated her twice in favorite female Character! I really wanted wanted the official to have Linda nominated in the Fave character. I guess there not much difference in the official and unofficial list!

• nhu says:

I think there is no difference between the official and unofficial list.There so many things I dont like in this list.I hope Linda win Best actress.I was kinda hope if Tavia or Kate win best actress,Linda still have the favorite female character award.

• miriamfanz says:

but aren’t they diluting Tavia’s votes? or is tvb gonna come up with something stupid like let’s add up Tavia’s votes since its the same actor so we could make her win?

• Nicole says:

The Favourite Character award is determined by the executives. No dilution of votes. They can give it to whomever they want.

• Abigail says:

I read from Ming Pao the favourite awards will be half based on votes from TVB staffs(crews, producers, actors) and half based from executives.

• nhu says:

@miriamfanz Now that’s really unfair if TVB add up Tavia vote.Yes,I think tavia vote going to be weaker because her vote going to be split between SSSS and THC if TVB dont come up with the add Tavia vote up idea

• Linnh says:

But it is not the audience that is going to vote, so actually she has nothing to lose. The chance is actually bigger, because she has two roles where they can pick her from, while the rest of the casts only has one.

20. Victoria says:

How is Aimee even qualified to be in the Best Actress list…WOW, TVB acts as if the audience is stupid or something. Seriously, Aimee will get no votes under that category and just be embarrassed. I don’t hate her but she seriously doesn’t deserve to be there.

21. Yeo says:

I only hope that those actors and actresses (ben wong, raymond cho, rebecca, selena, maggie shiu and many more)who deserve to be on the list but didn’t make it will not be too upset and disappointed. I hope they know we know that they are good artists (much better than some newbies on the list)

22. TVBFanatic says:

Most Improved Actor - Him Law

Most Improved Actress – Mandy Wong

Best Program Host – Game Gods Play

Best Variety Program: All Star World Exam

Best Informational Program: Didn’t watch them

24. starry says:

Ron Ng is not nominated, very cool

25. Catherine Le says:

No offense but Aimee in best actress category really? I bet you even though she’s nominated she ain’t winning! Another thing that surprises me is that JJ Jia is nominated for most improved female! And Katy Kung is! Also Linda isnt nominated for favorite female character!

• sandcherry says:

JJ’s acting in GJ2 was good vs. Eliza Sam’s in DID. It was only Eliza’s second role so far in TV drama series, and her first role was a very short one in GJ2. For Christine Kuo, her acting in GJ2 was not even recognized as good or improved to me. Her language skills were pretty horrible in GJ2.

26. Uni says:

WHY IS AIMEE EVEN NOMINATED? OH WAIT OOPS, SHE’S GOING TO BECOME MRS. MOSES CHAN SOON. AND JJ JIA? She cannot be compared to the likes of Mandy Wong. Also, WHY ISN’T BEN WONG nominated. What kind of a system has TVB BECOME? It’ has lost its prestige.

27. H says:

TVB = Truly Very Biased

28. Tegan says:

So the nomination list leaked by Ming Pao turns out to be accurate.

I know I’m the Nth person to say this, but how is Aimee is considered lead actress??!! TVB is really blatant about pushing Aimee towards first-line.

The list of 24 dramas nominated for Best Drama is basically TVB’s entire 2012 drama line-up, right? So a nomination in this category is meaningless?

And only with TVB do they make the “Best” award determined by audience voting and the “Most Favourite” award determined by executives. Makes no sense whatsoever.

29. Ty says:

Mandy better win Most Inproved and not Eliza or Christine. If not, I’m officially saying bye bye to TVB…

30. Yorkz says:

TVB real JOKE

Beside Ben, where is Kent Cheng in King Maker.
      He act so well

TVB suck

31. Nancy nguyen says:

I would like to vote for myolie We for the Queen in 2012

32. Nancy nguyen says:

Iwant to vote Myole Wu for the Queen of TVB in this year 2012

33. Lilbluebear says:

Whoever is saying JJ Jia is on the list, where is she? I can’t find her anywhere…I actually liked her in GJ2.

34. TN1 says:

Still the same identical list, u are so predictable TVB!

Ben knew first-hand no wonder such big outburst. Whatever then, best of luck to all nominees except those undeserving artistes n hey u do know who you are!!!

35. RAYLEILAFAN says:

Favourite Character 50% is by coworkers vote and 50% by 9 executives.

I think Kenneth will get this.

• Abigail says:

Yes this is what I read from Ming Pao. Half is by crews, actors, producers and half by board of executives.

36. TN1 says:

Btw, wat is d significance of a “professional award”! A BA is already a professional……..u screw-up bigtime TVB lol

37. a-pop says:

My wishful list

Best Series – THC ( Most meaningful tv drama of the year and nice story line with all the cast doing well in tis series)

BA(s)-Raymond Lam and Tavia (Since both of grab Most Improve together in 2003 and also grab award together in 2008, I hope tis year is their year grab BA together .

BSA(s)- Power Chan( he really grab my interest in TC)and Elena Kong ( her performance in SSSS really great)

Favorite C(s)- Kenneth Ma and Kate Tsui ( Cheung Yat Kin is my most favorite character tis year and Chan Ka Pik character is very interesting and Kate portrayed it quite well)

Most Improved – Him Law and Mandy Wong

Best Supporting Actress – Nancy Wu/Aimee Chan
        Most Improved Actor – Edwin Siu/Him Law
        Most Improved Actress – Mandy Wong/Eliza SAm
        Professional Award (Male) – Ben Wong
        Professional Award (Female) – Kate Tsui/Tavia Yeung

• sandcherry says:

Your prediction should be pretty accurate. Mine is more or less the same. My only differences are Best Support Actress – Nancy Wu/Elena Kong (Nancy may have a better chance because she is a young artiste as TV seems to promote young artistes this year), and Most Improved Actor – Oscar Leung/Edwin Siu/Him Law.

40. Primrose says:

Really?!?! Aimee was better than Maggie Siu in TC?!?! that she deserves a Best Supporting Actress nomination?!?!
      Jazz Lam was better than Ben Wong in HAL?!?!

Other great performances not recognized include Raymond Cho, Claire Yiu, Elaine Yiu (Bottled Passion), Savio Tsang (3K RPG), Paul Chun (Witness Insecurity).

41. Nicole says:

where’s JJ jia? why not nominate someone who has actually improved in the most improved category instead of those who hae not?

42. JP says:

Totally utterly unbelieveable! TVB u r such a joke no wonder talent actors / actress leave!! What d hell was u thinking, how could it even cross your mind to leave Ben Wong out of d list!! This so angry me and I can tell u for sure that I nor my family and friends will be watching ur pathetic programme!!

43. Terminator says:

This is so stupid that it is actually hilarious.

It resembles an election held in some “banana republic”. LOL!!

And so much attention has been paid to this crap as opposed to the Golden Bell or Golden Rooster.

44. sandcherry says:

Ngo Ka Nin should be one of the top 10 nominees for Best Support Actor. He did well in “King Maker” and “3 Kingdoms RPG”.

45. aptos says:

They should let Aimee Chan win both Best Actress and Supporting Actress to really stir up controversy and discontent. Rumors and innuendos would really fly all over the place. Ben Wong and Kent Cheng were “dissed” by not being on the ballot yet their dramas were nominated for Best Drama. What a publicity farce…TVB is slowly dropping to the level of ATV.

46. cocosayhi says:

My Wish list
      Best Actor – Wayne Lai/Kenneth Ma

Best Actress – not sure

My Favourite Male Character – Kenneth Ma/Raymond Wong

My Favourite Female Character – Niki Chow

Best Supporting Actor – Power Chan/Koo Ming Wah

Best Supporting Actress – Nancy Wu

Most Improved Actor – Edwin Siu/Oscar Leung

Most Improved Actress – Mandy Wong

Best Drama – The Confidant/Bottled Passion

47. Jen says:

wow this list is crap

48. Cloud says:

Kate Tsui will win in at least one category.

49. RLF Lover says:

Was Kent Cheng forgotten or purposely ignored? His performance in King Maker and Greatness of a Hero was TOP CLASS.

Also, I think Eliza Sam deserved a spot on My Favourite Female Character because her role in Divas in Distress was quite good. Tavia, on the other hand, should have been nominated once. WHERE’S LINDA CHUNG????

50. John says:

My choices :
      BA : Kenneth and Tavia
      BSA : Koo Ming Wah and Nancy Wu
      MFC : Kenneth and Tavia (but i did like Niki’s character)
      Most improved : Mandy Wong and Edwin Siu (but probably going to Him Law)
      Best Drama : THC (such a great drama!)

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: