JayneStars.com logo

Zhang Ziyi Ignores Leehom Wang on “My Lucky Star” Film Set

By on August 2, 2012

Zhang Ziyi Ignores Leehom Wang on “My Lucky Star” Film Set thumbnail

A high-spirited Zhang Ziyi (章子怡) was filming her new romantic comedy, My Lucky Star <非常幸运>, on July 31st in Inner Port Shelter, a harbor near Sai Kung Town in Hong Kong. Taiwanese singer-actor, Leehom Wang(王力宏) was also spotted filming alongside Ziyi. The script for My Lucky Star is under tight wraps, in which there is no word on the role Leehom Wang is playing.

The plot to My Lucky Star also remains a mystery, but sources say that the movie will be the sister production to the highly successful, Sophie’s Revenge <非常完美>, in which Zhang Ziy debuted as the film’s producer.

Tight security accompanied the filming of My Lucky Star. Besides occupying almost the entire harbor, crew members also guarded the perimeters – including renting junks to survey the bay and putting posts on the rooftops of nearby apartments – for the lookout of the paparazzi or prohibited personnel.

Zhang Ziyi Moistened with Love

The actress-turned-filmmaker has recently been linked with mainland Chinese television producer, Sa Beining (撒贝宁), since splitting up with her billionaire boyfriend, Vivi Nevo, in late 2010. Tabloids first caught Beining visiting Ziyi on the film set of The Grandmasters <一代宗师> in Guangzhou last year, and then spotted holding hands while vacationing in Huangshan, China. Beining also arranged Ziyi to appear in a popular CCTV variety show for the London 2012 Olympics during prime time.

On the set of set of My Lucky Star in Sai Kung, Ziyi was seen wearing the same white sandals, in which Beining had the same set. She stepped out of her minivan looking noticeably brighter and more full-figured. It is of no surprise that the actress was previously rumored to have been pregnant with Beining’s child.

Although the rumored couple has been caught spending time together on many occasions, neither Ziyi nor Beining publicly declared their alleged romance. Ziyi’s manager, however, denied to comment on Ziyi’s personal life, but did not deny the possibility of a new romance.

Ziyi Ignores Leehom

Yesterday, Ziyi and Leehom returned to the harbor to film a new scene of My Lucky Star. Due to the hot and humid weather, Leehom immediately unbuttoned his shirt after completing a shot, revealing his toned torso. Ziyi did not give into the temptation, and walked off with her assistant, affirming her relationship status with Beining.

Hong Kong’s Unique Scenery Attracts Producers

Known as the “Pearl of the East,” Hong Kong’s unique harbor scenery has attracted many overseas location scouters to have their movies filmed in the city.

The Dark Knight (2008)

The second of Christopher Nolan’s critically acclaimed Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight, filmed at various locations in the Central business district in Hong Kong in November 2007. A major action sequence involving the Batman flying off of the International Finance Centre, the tallest building in Hong Kong, made it into the final cut in the film.

Contagion (2011) and Johnny English Reborn (2011)

Hong Kong became a major scene stealer in the medical disaster film, Contagion, last year. Hong Kong’s own singer-actress, Josie Ho (何超儀), also stars in the film.

The British spy-comedy film, Johnny English Reborn, starring the Mr. Bean actor Rowan Atkinson, also filmed several of its major action sequences in Tsim Sha Tsui in 2010.

Push (2009) and Man of Tai Chi (2013)

The science fiction thriller film Push, starring Captain America star Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning, was filmed entirely in Hong Kong.

Keanu Reeves’ upcoming directorial debut, Man of Tai Chi, takes place primarily in Hong Kong. Currently filming in Hong Kong, principle photography began in Sai Kung earlier this year.

Source: QQ.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , ,

• Zhang Ziyi and Leehom Wang’s “My Lucky Star” Trailer(6)
  • Zhang Ziyi and Leehom Wang’s “My Lucky Star” Opens to Strong Box Office(13)
  • Zhang Ziyi and Leehom Wang’s “My Lucky Star” Opens on September 17(7)
  • 2014 Forbes China Celebrity 100 List: Fan Bingbing Ranked First (55)
  • Celebrities Pray for Safety of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370(246)
  • Jay Chou, Leehom Wang, and Zhang Ziyi Perform at Chinese Songs Stars Concert(4)
  • Tony Leung’s “The Grandmasters” to Complete Filming in May 2012(18)
  • John Woo’s “The Crossing” to Release December 2(19)
  • Leehom Wang's Baby Daughter is Born(74)
  • Leehom Wang’s Wife Due to Give Birth in August(1)

• Readers' Comments (32)

1. Terminator says:

What the heck is going on with this article with all the rambling on unrelated topics. I am surprised that it has been posted without any serious editing.

• Jayne says:

Terminator,
        There are couple of things going on: the movie, ziyi’s love life, and Hong Kong becoming a hot filming location. Is it that hard to follow?

• Terminator says:

Yes, two totally unrelated topics fused together made for incoherent reading. LOL!

I guess we may as well have another article on Zhou Xun’s relationship with Chen Kun fused together with China’s current economic soft landing. That would really make sense.

• Jayne says:

Terminator,
          3 main ideas only… You can always become Contributing Writer at JayneStars and submit a well-constructed, coherent, and elegant article (review or editorial is fine) to share your good writing skills with everyone.

• Terminator says:

Thanks for the offer but I don’t think I would work well with people who are a tad too thin skinned.

• Jayne says:

Terminator,
          Likewise.

• Nicole says:

I do agree with Terminator here, that this article is rambling about a bunch of unrelated stuff below. The topic states “Zhang Ziyi ignores leehom wang on my lucky star film set”, but it goes on and talks about The Dark Knight and Man of Tai chi.

Although I understand that it brings up those movies due to hong kong being a hot filming location, as ZZY is filming in HK, better formatting of the last few paragraphs should be done to link it back to the original topic.

• Terminator says:

@Nicole

I think Jayne may just offer you the same job that I have passed over. LOL!!

• josie says:

Man, I can’t believe how rude and self-entitled people are these days!

Terminator:

Jayne and the other writers work very hard and put in a lot of effort to bring us up to the minute news. Can’t u just be grateful for this free website instead of nitpicking? If the articles are really not up to your standards, nobody is forcing u to keep reading.

• Funn Lim says:

Jayne, isn’t this article a translation from the original chinese article? If yes, all the complaints about structure and all, shouldn’t they be writing to qq.com and not to you? After all this is not original article, it is a translation.

• Nicole says:

Funn, it may be translated from QQ.com, but the formatting is different from that of QQ.com. In QQ.com, they separated it differently.
          独特港景 引人入胜 -> for the paragraphs
          《蝙蝠侠——黑夜之神》 -> for the titles of the movies.

Yet, on jaynestars, all are in bold, thus the bottom paragraphs appear confusing.

• Nicole says:

And even if it’s translated from QQ.com, is jaynestars just a translation service? Improving standards from shoddy articles posted on QQ.com shouldn’t be a problem.

• Funn Lim says:

If it is just a matter of original article doesn’t bold but here does, then it is a very petty nitpicking. Translation means either literal or in spirit but the structure of the article is the same. If the original article mixes 10 different news together, the translator having translated all of them can’t be said doing a bad job. And the translator can’t rearrange the paragraphs, that is messing with the translation. The original complaint I believe is say 10 topics in 1 article sort of thing but if the original article is that way, what can the translator do? Pick and choose? Which is why I think it is fair for Jayne to ask whoever not satisfied to give an alternative translation.

• Yuyu says:

Bold are categories and bold italics are subcategories. I think the translation is fine. It is the writer If the original article is weird. So off topic from Zhang Ziyi ignore Wang Leehom to Hong Kong as a filing location for American movies. LOL

• Nicole says:

@Funn
          No. You are the one to brought up to blame QQ.com for the article. But I’m telling you, QQ.com’s way is formatting is clear. And that’s not ownership to push the blame to someone else. In a working environment, if you get information from a colleague for a report, and your boss later questions you on the information, will you just simply say to go question the former?

Like you said the original article has a bad structure, but I mentioned if Jaynestars is simply a translation service? Have you seen articles where Jayne combined sources from 2 articles? Then is jayne “messing with the translation” like you said? No, I believe that she presented information for us in a clear and concise manner, and she apparently takes the time to do so. However, whoever translated this article, should not just blindly follow. If the article is bad, then rephrase the last part. What’s wrong with attaining to do better than the original?

• Funn Lim says:

“However, whoever translated this article, should not just blindly follow. If the article is bad, then rephrase the last part. What’s wrong with attaining to do better than the original?”

I don’t get it. You said the translation did not follow QQ.com and yet you say the translator blindly follow which means the translator followed QQ.com. Is the contents in QQ.com in this article? Did the translator take other sources and then say it is from QQ.com? If not what is the issue? The integrity of translation is to follow the contents. This is not called blind following but it is called literal translation which is also one part of a translation. Rather than decipher the meaning and all, following the literal translation is one of the way.

I don’t get what is the issue. If the contents in this article is as per the original source and if you find the translation messy and if you say the translator blindly follow, doesn’t that mean the original source in Chinese format is clear but when translated looks messy? What do you want the translator to do? Take the whole article, re do it in his or her own words and thus, that is no longer a translation since you take liberty with the contents.

I have no problem with this article and anyone who gets confused clearly doesn’t get the connection between the information. I thought it was well translated, and again if structure is the problem then blame the original article.

Why compare who is better, who did better, etc when the language is clear, the paragraphing is ok. The issue with the original person complaining is why combine so many news into one article. But if the QQ.com’s article is the same contents, then who is to blame for the mess? Blame QQ. You can’t blame a translator for doing a literal translation except to say he or she chose certain words poorly unless he or she combined various news source into 1 article and then credit only 1 source.

• Nicole says:

When did I state the translation did not follow QQ.com? I state the Formatting did not follow QQ.com.
          You are the one who said to blame QQ.com for the article, but the original article formatted the paragraphs in a reasonable manner, with <>, which is the way that chinese paragraphs formats film or book titles.

I’m not the only one who mentioned the original article is weird. It was Yuyu. So some people do find that the original article was bad. So are you saying that if the original is bad, Addy should simply continue her “literal translation”, irregardless of the quality of the original? No matter how good a job she does on her translation, if the original is bad, it is BAD? Like if you have a bad recipe, you can cook it 10 times by following the recipe, it will still end up as bad. But if you make changes of your own, as a normal human being with normal decisive abilities, it can end up better. I ask you, is the translator a normal human being or a monkey? Monkey see monkey do? Is that the case here? NO.
          Besides, it is NEVER stated that this is a TRANSLATION of Qq.com. It states the source as QQ.com. It states “This article is written by Addy for Jaynestars.com” Does it state this article is translated by Addy for Jaynestars? If Addy is a writer then she is not just blindly translating and should take the necessary steps to present her information in a clear manner. If she’s simply translating, that’s another issue ok? But you understand the difference between a writer and a translator?

• Funn Lim says:

Nicole, perhaps I should stop this before it escalates to me suffering from high blood pressure. You say whatever you want. I am done.

I think I mentioned this before to Jayne, if the article is translated from another source, better make it clear. Because you know, not a lot of people like myself understands the difference between being a writer and being a translator since we are all so stupid.

• Nicole says:

If you can suffer from high blood pressure simply from disagreeing with someone on the internet, well, I apologise for pushing your buttons to your boiling point, and I will suggest for you to consider a full body check.

Change is not wrong, improvements should not be discouraged.

• Addy says:

Hey guys, I’m Addy, and I wrote this article!

Terminator and Nicole, I actually want to thank you for your constructive criticism. I just re-read the article, and taking into your points in account, I agree that the article is a bit choppy. The last bit of info with the Hollywood films was meant to be a side note, like a “FYI” column, but since the formatting is similar with the original article, the last section seems very out of place and unrelated. But yes, Nicole, I agree that I should have reworded the last section to make the entire article flow better.

I will take your considerations into account and work harder on the next articles!

And thanks Jayne and Funn for helping me out XD

• Nicole says:

Hi Addy,

In my previous line of work, I have met with many older colleagues who tend to be resistant to change or improvements being made to their systems due to their familiarity with old school ways, as they definitely didn’t like a young upstart coming in and telling them what to change and improve.

Thus I’m glad to hear that you are open to suggestions and criticisms instead of naysaying and playing the blame game, for that’s one of the best ways for people to learn new abilities and improve on their adaptability to different tasks.

• Terminator says:

@Addy,

Thanks for the sensible note.

My opinion of the article is that it appears to be the fusing of several unrelated articles together which beg the question of editing. I had no idea that simply raising the question can cause such a ruckus and touches so many raw nerves. Wow.

Look, we all know this is not exactly high-brow journalism and we are all here to have fun (not to impair our health or blood pressure). I had no idea that Jaynestars simply translate “literally” articles from other sources as the “by line” does not make that clear. Either way, it is irrelevant to me because I still think some form of edition is needed in order for it to be understood by the less astute.

• starry says:

While I agree that the article’s contents seem rather disorganized, the initial “constructive” criticism could have been more politely worded, considering this is a free for all website where the translators voluntarily contribute their time and effort without any monetary gain.

That said, at least the photos of Zhang and Leehom coincide with the title. lol

2. Janelle says:

should not related to lee hom..

Because he is.. gay?

Kidding! Kidding!

I am surprised Zhang Ziyi never sue anyone for those very reputation damaging articles.

• Gar says:

Maybe there is some truth to her articles which is why she never bothered with the legal action.

4. TVBFanatic says:

I don’t understand the fuss over Zhang Ziyi tbh…

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription