JayneStars.com logo

Oceane Zhu Promoted to Lead Role in “Come Home Love”

By on January 12, 2013

Oceane Zhu Promoted to Lead Role in “Come Home Love” thumbnail

Currently on air at a golden time spot, the originally planned 180-episode TVB sitcom, Come Home Love <愛·回家>, has increased to 300 episodes due to its success. Oceane Zhu (朱璇), who makes cameo appearances as the ex-girlfriend of Lai Lok Yi’s (黎諾懿) character, was promoted to star in a lead role. Allegedly, this was because Queenie Chu (朱慧敏) upset the cast members during filming with her many opinions and desires to teach the others how to act. Her screen time has been cut down and offered to Oceane instead.

Regarding her promotion, Oceane said, “Earlier, I was offered a cameo role as Lai Lok Yi’s ex-girlfriend. In the drama, we met in the lawyer’s firm while dealing with divorce. Maybe the producer thinks our characters are well received by the audience, and thus decided to add me in again. I think the plot will focus on our relationship.”

Was Queenie’s screen time cut down? “I don’t think so. Her scenes usually take place in the lawyer’s firm, so my scenes don’t really have much to do with hers. I don’t think her scenes will be affected.” Oceane replied.

Right now, Oceane’s prime goal is to work on her speech. “The producer mentioned that my Cantonese is lacking, but I already tried my best to learn the dialect. It’s just that there are so many other things associated with acting, such as my emotions, so it’s hard to take everything into account at once.”

Oceane further expressed that she is lucky to have Ram Chiang (蔣志光) act as her Cantonese teacher. With his help, she has been improving vastly. “Ram is a very nice person. Ever since we collaborated in A Great Way to Care 2 <仁心解碼II>, he has been teaching me how to read Cantonese over the telephone. He also sent me the pronunciations of certain words through WhatsApp.”

According to Lai Lok Yi, Oceane is a very cute girl. Although her Cantonese is not the best, she is very hardworking and willing to accept different advice. “It is comfortable working with her.” He said. As for Queenie Chu, Lai Lok Yi revealed that they will continue to act as business rivals onscreen.

Source: Ming Pao Weekly #2305 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , ,

• TVB Orders 200 More Episodes for “Come Home Love”(28)
  • Popularity of "Come Home Love" Soars(53)
  • Lai Lok Yi to Marry Girlfriend This Year(25)
  • “Come Home Love” Cast Enjoys Filming(24)
  • Lai Lok Yi Involved in Car Accident(4)
  • Lai Lok Yi Refuses to Rely on Rich Girlfriend(27)
  • Lai Lok Yi to Get Married After “Come Home Love” Completes Filming(11)
  • “Come Home Love” Popularity Continues to Rise; Lai Lok Yi Opens Car Shop(26)
  • Three Hours of Oceane Zhu Every Night(38)
  • “A Great Way to Care 2” Costume Fitting(24)

• Readers' Comments (29)

1. excellent says:

excellent!!!

2. Al says:

she is pretty and cute!!! I love her (not her fans yet)…but add oil…love to see more improved actor and actress!!!

3. Bubblez says:

This is pretty awesome :)
      I really like the episodes so far. I really enjoy Griselda and that other dude’s acting D:

• Samantha says:

U like max Cheng as well?? yes i love their pairing onscreen too..he’s not a bad actor either and quite attractive :) hehehe

I love his storylines (Richard)

4. asdfjkl; says:

john ma and alex’s relationship development is evidently put on hold in the sitcom but i hope oceane’s character won’t get back together with him.

• purplepaw says:

i don’t want her back with chris lai either. her scenes with griselda yeung aren’t bad, but once her character gets in contact with chris’ character, it just becomes annoying…..

5. aptos says:

I thought Queenie was pretty good in her role…not knowing what happened behind the scenes to cause a conflict if her time was curtailed, it is a shame if it was true. I thought there might be some scenes involving the potential chemistry between one of the male lawyers or even the senior male law firm partner. That, we will wait and see if that will materialize.

6. Daisy says:

Would Oceane replace Queenie as the new love interest for Chris then?

7. Jayne says:

If Cantonese is the only thing holding back Oceane, she should pay for a private Cantonese tutor, join conversational classes in every free spare second etc.

Since her debut, Oceane’s hottest year was in 2009, when she starred in “Prince of Tears” and walked the red carpet at the Venice Film Festival. From thereon, she has slipped away from the limelight a bit. In the entertainment industry, new faces prop up everyday and if it’s an obvious flaw, the artist should take steps to correct as quickly as possible.

• sandcherry says:

Agree. There are so many beauty queens and runners-up every year.

Personally I don’t think she is very very pretty as per photo above. I have not watched her acting much so far and I don’t remember her except her name and when she was competing for MCI.

8. aptos says:

Oceane is smart enough to make the right choices to shape/pave her way ahead…we will know soon how much effort she made by the screen time she gets in the future.

9. Yen says:

I love to see her in this show!!
      She is pretty and so sweet!!
      I wish she will get back with John Ma ^^v
      Actually I really feel this drama is really a must watch one!!
      Everyone shines!!
      Most importantly, not just the drama is entertaining but it’s also very touching!!
      How I wish I have such a warm felt family ;(

10. Mark Lim says:

Oceane Zhu is better than Eliza, Christine, etc, IMO. She has more exposure, for now. As for Ram Chiang. Man, I love that guy. He’s one of TVB’s hidden gems who can play all kinds of roles. He’s brilliant in anything he does. TVB needs to know how to cherish actors like Ram.

• Khanh says:

Totally agree she is way better than Eliza

• Yen says:

And wayyyyy better than Christine!
          Oceane is so sweet and cute!!
          I first noticed her in the private investigation drama with Wong hei and Linda Chung.
          She is pretty and she suits both modern n palaces dramas!

• Khanh says:

She is one if my favourite stars. She looks really good in ancient dramas.

11. Khanh says:

I like the episodes that she starred in come home love. Good to see more of her

• Yen says:

YAYAYAYAYA!
        That part when she comforts HA JIE when she is in her marriage dilemma, it’s very sweet n touching!
        Also the flashback of her with John Ma, she is super cute!!
        I love all casts in this drama!!

12. Eunice says:

Queenie Chu had a desire to teach others how to act? Quite ridiculous if it’s true; I think her acting is one of the worst out of the main cast. Her character is not likable and she doesn’t look good with Chris Lai.

Oceane Zhu is pretty and younthful, but I don’t find much chemistry between her and Chris Lai as well. Furthermore, I don’t think she has what it takes to become a lead role yet.

In conclusion, I don’t like either of the two girls to end up with John Ma.

13. Michael says:

lol @ 蔣志光 thinking he could get Oceane but she just friendzones him

14. Kopu says:

Queenie is amazing in this sitcom! Love her!

15. stars says:

To be honest, Oceane is actual a good actress she can act especially for a newbie she is very natural but her cantonese is the only barrier. I like how TVB gave her a sitcom so she can improve her cantonese while still be able to at and see her. I’m sure she will be like Fala Chen. When her cantonese improves she will have more roles. she acts better then Christine Kuo and Elsa.

16. Kidd says:

Changing relationship in a long running sitcom is not uncommon. Maybe the scriptwriters will pair Queenie with someone else.

Like Be Home for Dinner. The relationship between Tin Hoi and Jing Jing suddenly changes direction.

17. JP says:

Oceane suits Ram. Queenie is too old, they won’t look right for a couple!

18. JP says:

Oceane suits Ram. Queenie is too old, they won’t look right as a couple!

19. JP says:

Sorry, I meant Oceane suits Lai lok Yi!

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: