JayneStars.com logo

Tracy Chu to Star Opposite Lawrence Ng in “The Hippocratic Crush 2″

By on January 16, 2013

Tracy Chu to Star Opposite Lawrence Ng in “The Hippocratic Crush 2″ thumbnail

Last year’s Miss Hong Kong second runner-up Tracy Chu (朱千雪) is being groomed to become the next rising artist. Aside from hosting the Jade Solid Gold show, Tracy was tapped to star in TVB’s drama The Hippocratic Crush 2 <On Call 36小時> with the opportunity to star alongside Lawrence Ng (吳啟華), Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Tavia Yeung (楊怡).

When asked if she was worried that she will suffer a similar fate to Rebecca Zhu (朱晨麗) when her acting was criticized harshly by netizens, Tracy said, “Yes I am worried, but I will not compare myself. I’ve watched Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族> and I felt that for Rebecca was very good as a first time actress, but it’s maybe that the audience is not as understanding. But constructive criticism is good because it will only push us to improve. When I was in the pageant, I faced a lot of harsh feedback myself. Some said I wasn’t pretty enough and others said I didn’t know how to communicate while others liked me, so there are always two sides to the story. That’s why I will prepare myself to accept any type of feedback.”

Addressing the fact that Tracy has been given more screen opportunities than 2012 Miss Hong Kong winner, Carat Cheung (張名雅), Tracey answered very diplomatically by stating, “We just have different areas of work. Carat is still carrying out her duties as Miss Hong Kong and participating in a lot of charity events.”

Tracy also shared that she is extremely excited to work alongside the newly crowned TV Queen and My Favorite Male Character recipients, Tavia Yeung and Kenneth Ma. “I am very excited but also very nervous to act alongside Tavia, Kenneth and Lawrence. I’m worried that I’ll be too stiff and not be able to speak my lines smoothly enough. I hope to work with Wayne Lai because we collaborated previously. I’m most worried about working with Raymond Lam because he is my idol, and I think that he might be so handsome that I don’t know how to react!”

Source: Ming Pao Weekly via kuangaitvb.com

This article is written by Natalie for JayneStars.com.

Tags: ,

• Kenneth Ma and Tracy Chu Are a Good Match(16)
  • Tracy Chu Sees Kenneth Ma As Just A Friend(4)
  • Kenneth Ma is Dating Tracy Chu?(29)
  • Tracy Chu Hopes for Smooth Transition as an Actress(45)
  • Producer Poon Ka Tak Reveals Spoilers For “The Hippocratic Crush 2”(37)
  • “The Hippocratic Crush 2” To Be Better Than Its First?(39)
  • Lawrence Ng Films "Super Trio Maximus"(8)
  • Lawrence Ng and Tracy Chu Make Odd Couple in "The Hippocratic Crush 2"(17)
  • [FEATURE] Ten Potential Breakout TVB Stars of 2013(63)
  • The Return of TVB Uncles: Male Leads Pushing 50(176)

• Readers' Comments (33)

1. nice says:

nice give them new female actress a chance!

• sophia says:

right but small role though should not be big as opposite to Lawrence Ng. Give it to Sonija Kwok or whoever with more experience. We will never know how they came up with their decision : )

2. Bubblez says:

I hope it will be a good experience for her. (:
      I feel that Rebecca Zhu was pretty good in SSSS for her acting role. Hopefully, Tracy will do the same but as they gain more experience, hopefully, they will be successful and good actresses. :/

3. khanh says:

really? im so worried that the story is going to focus more on Lawrence and tracy rather than the original cast. this is why sometimes i hate the sequel as they add new characters and focus on them more. she is pretty much got a first leading role, second to tavia though.

4. melanie says:

NOOOOOO!!!!!
      On Call 2 is suppose to be focused on kenneth and tavia’s relationship. i just became comfortable with the idea that eliza will be in it already. this is a big no-no.

the sequel sounds disappointing if the focus is not on kenneth and tavia. need i remind the abomination and fiasco that happened with ghetto justice 2 by adding people who have little experience in acting to the script as a main character. she should just play a patient or those gossipy nurses.

• nice says:

what was wrong with ghetto justice 2?

• 5 fadans says:

GJ 2 was not as good as GJ 1 because of adding too many new artists without experiences and the story was awkward and does not pay much attention to Myolie & Kevin.

• Josie says:

The only bad one was Christine. Grace was likable.

• 939393 says:

Agreed. as a first time actress she shouldn’t be casted in such heavyweight roles but should begin in minor supporting roles(not kelefe) instead. For one, she’s not ready to handle the role. Secondly, they should give the opportunity to more talented and experienced actresses instead.

• juju says:

agreed!!!
        if she wants to be an actress, can’t she be given smaller roles or a role in a smaller drama. on call already has a fan base and they are expecting a lot out of the sequel and if the sequel doesn’t deliver, then all hell break loose.

i am just saying, if you weren’t cast in the promo for tvb 2013 dramas when they showed the cast filming scenes for on call 2, then you shouldn’t be cast in it.

i’m with you. i just became accepting of the new characters that were introduced in the promo. at least with eliza added to the script, her storyline deals with him and candy so i don’t think that would have taken the spotlight off from kenneth and tavia.

I hope she won’t be paired with Lawrence since the age gap is too much. So I suppose Tavia will die in that series?

” I felt that for Rebecca was very good as a first time actress, but it’s maybe that the audience is not as understanding. ”

Sigh… why can’t anyone just say it, Rebecca was god awful but let’s hope she improves after frank criticisms given? She wasn’t good for a first time actress. She nearly brought down the entire series because she was one of the leads.

• Josie says:

I hope Lawrence will be playing a whole new character. I can’t imagine Paul Ching dating a girl half his age like Tracy.

I don’t think tavia will die b/c they don’t have any other love interest cast for Kenneth. She’ll probably be miraculously cured somehow even though her tumor was described as terminal in part 1.

• Little fishy says:

I believe I said it :p I don’t think she was good, cos if she is, I wouldn’t feel the need to skip 90% of her screen time.
        Tracy don’t look good, as in not beautiful -.- I think I have enough with so so actress, call me superficial, but being a star means you need to be beautiful -.- otherwise, I’ll just go admire ppls walking pass the street >_> n turn off my tv
        And don’t kill my tavia or someone will get hurt :O

6. 5 fadans says:

absolutely, she nearly brought down the serie ratings cua she is the 2nd leading actress.

7. Rachel says:

i actually like Tracy the most out of the three Miss HK. she seems the most down to earth and friendly and she’s super cute on JSG! hope to see more of her!

8. top says:

too much new chracters.. lawerence, eliza, koo ming wah and now…. Not gonna be good

9. Joanne says:

Oh my, it seems Tracy Chu wasn’t that excited working with Lawrence Ng…hmm Tvb should find a more suitable partner for Lawrence such as Halina Tam, Joyce Tang, Florence Kwok, Sonija Kwok, Nancy Wu and etc..partnering him with Tracy is like degrading his lead actor status eventhough I know he will second lead in The Hippocratic Crush 2. Sigh…

• Joanne says:

It will be even better if he is pair up with Elena Kong or Christine Ng. Someone with smaller age gap between Lawrence Ng so it will not be so erm weird….it just reminds me of Triumph in the Sky where Myolie have to pair up with Francis. Its just so awkward to watch..

• 939393 says:

i was thinking of Sharon Chan or Alice chan.

• sophia says:

yeah Sonija Kwok would be best but hey we cant decide : (

10. shyn yuen says:

Lol..raymond lam so handsome.. dont know how to react…haha

• Gar says:

In all honesty, I would react the same way as well if I had the chance to collaborate with LF. I would be staring at him the entire time and not focusing at all.

11. Christy says:

I think shes been given more screen time than the winner, wasn’t she the “people choice” winner?? I don’t know, but I do think she’s been boosted and promoted more than carat.

12. Mark Lim says:

Rebecca was decent to bad imo. No need to bash me. It’s right in front of you guys. Hope she takes this opportunity seriously and make the best out of it!

13. NP says:

Will Tracy’s role be big? “Opposite Lawrence Ng” could mean anything… She can be a patient that just had a crush on him. I thought Louisa So is going to be his love interest in OC2.

I think it’s good that TVB is giving newbies a chance. However, I think it’s important for them to start slow with supporting or even guest roles. I think Rebecca was heavily criticized because she was the second leading lady in an anniversary series. She had more screen time than several great actresses. I mean, her role was initially meaty enough for Fala who is an established leading lady. I didn’t think she did well but it was not her fault. It was TVB’s fault for pushing her out too soon.

14. natalie says:

” I hope to work with Wayne Lai because we collaborated previously. I’m most worried about working with Raymond Lam because he is my idol, and I think that he might be so handsome that I don’t know how to react!”
      Wow, she’s just started and she’s already thinking of working with such good actors!? She’s going to ruin on call 2 for me srsly…i never really liked her and i remember how much i hated rebecca in ssss; she had terrible acting skills- please remove her from the sequel!!!

15. Selena says:

I would rather see Tracy than Eliza in the sequel.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription