TVB Orders 200 More Episodes for “Come Home Love”

By on May 12, 2013 in TV Dramas

Great news, Come Home Love <愛·回家> fans! TVB has announced this week that the entertaining sitcom will be getting 200 more episodes, totaling the show’s entire episode count to 500.

Initially planned to be a 180-episode sitcom, TVB ordered 120 more episodes in August 2012, before increasing it to another 200 episodes in May 2013. Several media outlets have reported that the family-friendly series is getting more than 1.5 million viewers per episode, dominating TVB Jade’s current weekly prime time ratings.

TVB executive, Au Wai Lam (區偉林), made the episode renewal announcement on tonight, when a 15-table dinner banquet and a press conference was held at TVB Studios to commemorate the exciting news.

Come Home Love follows the eventful lives of a middle-class Hong Kong family headed by “Big Sir” Ma Fu (Lau Dan 劉丹), a retired correctional services officer. He lives with his younger sister Angel (Florence Kwok 郭少芸), who is over twenty years his junior; his elder son Keung (Tsui Wing 徐榮), the owner of a second-hand shop; Diana (Yvonne Lam 林漪娸), Keung’s educated wife; younger son John (Lai Lok Yi 黎諾懿), a paralegal; and his two adult grandchildren, Leslie (Joey Law 羅天宇) and Tracy (Angel Chiang 蔣家旻).

Other series regulars include Carlo Ng (吳家樂) as Jacky, a Ma family friend; Queenie Chu (朱慧敏) as Alex, a solicitor and John’s superior; Geoffrey Wong (黃子雄) as Damon, the owner of his legal chambers; Glen Lee (李霖恩) as Anthony, Alex’s colleague; and Max Cheung (張達倫) as Richard, a barrister.

Last year’s Miss Hong Kong participant Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯), who debuted in Come Home Love’s 220th episode as Sze Sze, will be promoted to a series regular. “People in the streets are recognizing me as my character in the show! In the past, people only remembered me as ‘that Miss Hong Kong,’ so I am very happy and honored to be able to be part of such a popular show!”

Asked if she has gotten a pay raise, Roxanne said, “My salary is stable. Right now, I am still under a Miss Hong Kong contract. It’s a fifteen-month contract, and it will expire at the end of the year. Afterwards, I think I will sign a management contract. I am not afraid of the long terms in the contract. All artists need time to train and improve anyways.” Roxanne expressed that she will use five years’ time to develop her career in the entertainment industry.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

28 comments to TVB Orders 200 More Episodes for “Come Home Love”

1. advo says:

Well, it’s getting better ratings than their prime-time slots, lol so it makes sense.

Login or Register before you can reply to advo(Non-Member)
  2. Ric says:

I quite enjoy sitcoms so I have no complaints. I am surprised that it’s being extended to 500 episodes though. I think that makes Come Home Love the second longest running series behind A Kindred Spirit. Congrats to the cast and crew.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ric(Non-Member)
    • HeTieShou replied to Ric(Non-Member)

500 eps?? WOW, that is really really long. I wonder if it is that entertaining? I thought the VOH was already too long. How long was Kindred Spirit??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou(Non-Member)
      • Kasey replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

Over 1000 episodes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kasey(Non-Member)
      • Bubblez replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

A kindred spirit has 1128 episodes (:

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez(Non-Member)
      • Larry 3 replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

1,128 episodes.

The really longest is the 1980 sitcom… Hong Kong ’81, ’82, ’83, ’84, ’85, ’86 = 1,300+ episodes

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3(Non-Member)
      • Godon replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

A Kindred Spirit was truly a HK classic. It was legendary and superior in its own way. Nothing came close to touching it. And if you don’t side with me, then you probably never grew up watching it as a kid, even in the USA. That show was just heart wrenching and touching, diving deep into a person’s mind and making you think…it impacted my life thats for sure! Anyway, I love the current sitcom. It’s a warm and fuzzy feeling, very entertaining and definitely better than the crap that is out (Wayne Lai’s recent disaster series). So glad this is extended to 500 eps. At least we have something to watch even when the others suck. I just hope they don’t disappoint.

Login or Register before you can reply to Godon(Non-Member)
      • Bubblez replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

I agree with you, Godon :)
        I wish I could still see it… :3

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez(Non-Member)
      • HeTieShou replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

WOW!! You guys must be kidding me!! Was it that long? I heard that it was long but did not know it was that long. I heard this one lady at the videostore raving about how good it was years ago. But my mom freaked out when she found out how long it was. I wonder how a story/series can be soooo long and still be good??? Many series just get draggy after a number of episodes.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou(Non-Member)
      • Bubblez replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

@HeTieShou: according to wikipedia.. it says its 1128 episodes :3

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez(Non-Member)
      • HeTieShou replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

Thanks Bubblez! WOW, I can’t even imagine watching a series THAT long. I saw VOH all the way through and that was the longest series that I have ever seen. I did not know that there were others that were longer. I wonder if they will ever do a novel adaption that is that long?? It would be interesting if they did.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou(Non-Member)
      • Funn Lim replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

Have you watched the bold and the beautiful? Much longer! It can work since it is basically sitcom.

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn Lim(Non-Member)
      • Bubblez replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

@Funn: nope. I don’t watch American shows.
        @HeTieShou: I never finished any sitcoms. :3

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez(Non-Member)
      • Funn Lim replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

Sitcoms can be non-american

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn Lim(Non-Member)
      • Coco Chan (aka Coco) replied to HeTieShou(Non-Member)

I think most people know that sitcoms can be american and non-american. Just depends on preference and tastes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Coco Chan (aka Coco)(Non-Member)
    • anoninhk replied to Ric(Non-Member)

i don’t usually like sitcoms but i do enjoy come home love because of all its likeable characters. i only watch one episode occasionally but it’s nearly always a good one!

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk(Non-Member)
  3. psh says:

Yes!! Made my day!!

Login or Register before you can reply to psh(Non-Member)
  4. Bubblez says:

YAY! It finally got confirmeddd!!
    Can’t wait to see the rest of it!! :D

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez(Non-Member)
    • Bubblez replied to Bubblez(Non-Member)

And good luck to Roxanne! I wish to see her more (:

And I love Ha Jie and Richard pairingg! :D

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez(Non-Member)
  5. Larry 3 says:

I hope it does not run out of ideas and turn it into Bullet Blah.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3(Non-Member)
    • HeTieShou replied to Larry 3(Non-Member)

It is hard to not run low or out of ideas when a series is so long.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou(Non-Member)
    • Coco Chan (aka Coco) replied to Larry 3(Non-Member)

It won’t be like Bullet Brain because it’s a drama written by many writers. Hence, the colloboration should be much better. Also, this series is not produced by Lee Tim Shing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Coco Chan (aka Coco)(Non-Member)
  6. moon16 says:

I like John and Alex

Login or Register before you can reply to moon16(Non-Member)
  7. xin says:

Agree with Godon. A Kindred Spirit is a true classic.

Login or Register before you can reply to xin(Non-Member)
  8. Khanh says:

Is oceane a regular in this? Plus isn’t there more regulars in this series than those mentioned?

Login or Register before you can reply to Khanh(Non-Member)
  9. Cleo says:

wow, it sounds like a cultural, generational unifier for an era.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cleo(Non-Member)
  10. Carmen says:

Thank you TVB management for listening to your fans’ feedback. You have definitely made the right choice! What a blessing – truly mesmerising . . .

Login or Register before you can reply to Carmen(Non-Member)
  11. Daisy says:

Yay! Happy! But hopefully they don’t drag out the love lines XD

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy(Non-Member)