Dayo Wong, Kate Tsui, and Sharon Chan to Star in New TVB Drama

By on February 26, 2013 in Hot Gossip!, TV Dramas

The female lead for Dayo Wong (黃子華) new TVB drama has finally been found! After the media reported that Carol Cheng (鄭裕玲) and Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) were both considered to star opposite Dayo, Kate Tsui (徐子珊) and Sharon Chan (陳敏之) are now confirmed to be the lucky ladies instead.

War of the Genders producer Tsui Ching Hong (徐正康), who returned to TVB recently, had wished to film a sister production to the highly successful drama from 2000. Although Carol Cheng had been offered to costar with Dayo, she prioritized her own health situation and turned down the filming offer.

TVB also explored the option of asking Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) to return for You’re Hired 2 <絕代商驕>. Although Charmaine desired to work with Dayo again, there were conflicts in her work schedule and she also declined the filming offer.

Dayo is currently meeting with TVB management to add input towards the pre-production details of the new drama. Dayo reported was given creative freedom in developing the script as well as casting choices. Principal photography for producer Man Wai Hung’s (文偉鴻) drama will commence in April.

Other cast members will include Benz Hui (許紹鴻), Jazz Lam (林子善), May Chan (陳嘉佳), and Elena Kong (江美儀).

Kate Tsui and Sharon Chan Excited to Partner with Dayo Wong

Working with Dayo will surely raise Kate Tsui’s profile further. The 33-year-old actress was thrilled to be working with Dayo and will put her in best efforts. “Many of my good friends regard Dayo as their idol. After the news circulates, many friends will likely drop by to visit the set. Now I’m listening to the story but have not seen Dayo yet,” Kate said.

When reporters teased Kate that she was standing in for Charmaine Sheh, Kate said, “I don’t have the qualifications, but with such an opportunity, I will try my best.” Kate is already feeling nervous in starring opposite the talented Dayo, who is known for his previously highly-rated dramas.

In the drama, good friends Sharon Chan and Kate Tsui will both love Dayo. Sharon expressed her admiration for Dayo’s comedic talent, especially his stand-up comedy shows. “In the drama, Dayo will be my boss, who hopes to improve me, changing me from a person lacking confidence to a successful individual. I misunderstand and think that he is interested in me,” Sharon explained why her character will have a crush on Dayo.

Source: On.cc; Oriental Daily

Note: This article was updated on February 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM to reflect additional cast information that has emerged.

• Kate Tsui Still Cries From Pressure as an Actress(42)
  • Review: "Bounty Lady" (by VCN)(42)
  • "Bounty Lady" Finale Fails to Achieve Ratings Goal(81)
  • Finale Spoilers for “Bounty Lady” Revealed(33)
  • Hilarious Scenes in “Bounty Lady” Attract Viewers(34)
  • "Bounty Lady" Cast Celebrates 29-Point Series Debut(33)
  • May Chan Stands Out in “Bounty Lady”(34)
  • No Pressure Ratings for Dayo Wong(29)
  • Dayo Wong’s “Bounty Lady” to Rescue TVB Ratings?(54)
  • Kate Tsui Joins the TV Queen Fight With "Bounty Lady"(29)

• 52 comments to Dayo Wong, Kate Tsui, and Sharon Chan to Star in New TVB Drama

1. Gar says:

Happy to hear that it’s Kate! Good luck to her in her collaboration with Dayo. I’m sure she’ll learn a lot from him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    2. Bubblez says:

Mhm this will be an interesting collaboration! It will be refreshing for the viewers 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
    3. help says:

huh? dayo being talented highly over rated

Login or Register before you can reply to help
      • Ray replied:

same view here… he is just comical at best.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ray
    4. sel_fi_wu says:

kate is too lucky! not only she keep getting good complex roles but now she also got picked by tvb to pair with dayo! it’s like a smooth career tvb lay down for her now! bet every fadan wants to work with a veteran with dayo’s reputation!

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

She’s also lucky that charmaine declined. bet tvb either can’t pay enough or charmaine got better paying jobs in mainland.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
        • Hannah replied:

The article did say that Charmaine is busy with her current projects. -_-

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
        • Michael replied:

ya busy doing paying better paying jobs in mainland. What don’t you understand?

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
      • Hannah replied:

You’re such a bitter fan. You probably wanted your fav to act along with Dayo. Myolie, Tavia, Fala and Linda are busy with their current projects, which leaves Kate available for the opportunity. Yes, luck is on her side, as well as with the other fadans.

I’m not even a fan of Kate, lol It’s whatever. At least it’ll be a refreshing couple.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
        • Crystal replied:

Myolie fan*

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
        • sel_fi_wu replied:

i only said kate is one very LUCKY person to get the chance to work with dayo and raise her profile 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
        • Hannah replied:

@ Crystal

Haha. We all know. 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
        • Fox replied:

Notification: That fan once said that she dislikes Myolie for being ambitious blah blah something in one of her account name. So she is fan of who it’s questionable.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    5. Yian says:

This is going to be interesting! I wonder if Kate will be able to keep up with Dayo’s comedic talent. Otherwise it would just be awkward.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yian
    6. AC says:

Happy for Kate! It’ll be interesting to see her in a comedy. The other confirmed cast is Jazz Lam and Sharon Chan only right?

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
    7. miriamfanz says:

I’m just glad it’s not some random newbie actress like what they’re doing with Lawrence Ng

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
      • Clementine replied:

hey look, everyone starts off as ‘some random newbie’. Whether or not they have luck in having any opportunites big or small when they first start off, it’s still their opportunity. Whether or not they succeed in being accepted by viewers from her performance is another thing. Oncall2 just started filming a week ago…why not be less judgemental for now lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
        • Bubblez replied:

I agree with you. (:

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
    8. TVBFanatic says:

Great to see Dayo back. I think the pairing of Dayo/Kate will be great!

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
    9. AL says:

yea…like to see something new…looking forward

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
    10. yeungforlife says:

I guarantee you guys she’s gonna film another kissing scene in this drama, like she does on every drama she’s starred in the past

Login or Register before you can reply to yeungforlife
      • Clementine replied:

It’s not like she requests for them most times lol. If it’s necessary for the script, then she’d be requested to do so for kissing scenes. In saying that, they really can’t force FORCE her if she really feels uncomfortable or doesn’t want to..but then that’d also show her level of professionalism imo.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
        • Gabby replied:

Well said

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
      • Lyle replied:

What’s wrong with kissing scenes? Like the above person mentioned, she doesn’t request it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lyle
    11. AL says:

Glad to see Kate has opportunity to work with Dayo…but it is not the big production (like the 2 anni final drama at the end of the year)…so she will not get TVB Queen award 2013!

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

not necessary no award. dayo is a ratings and good drama guarantee. charmaine raise her profile and fan numbers after you’re hired with dayo. that’s why kate is one lucky artiste that everyone else either declined or already with other projects.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
        • mehh replied:

This whole overemphasis of luck is something that needs to be chucked out of the window immediately by the Asian population. The whole ‘luck’ concept is an Asian illness. This person has this, you’re lucky. This person doesn’t have this, you’re unlucky. What the beep? It is this kind of mentality that puts us inferior to the other ethnic groups, especially the White population. While the other groups have a fair share of boasting talent and skill, Asians are over here either sulking over luck or no luck. This is why I sometimes cannot relate to any of my Asian peers because of this run down attitude. I swear, I can imagine my Asian brethren going, “OH HE DIED. NOW HE DOESN’T HAVE TO PAY HIS DEBT. HOW LUCKY.” Continue this pandemic and our race will always be belittled.

Login or Register before you can reply to mehh
    12. Gabby says:

I’m really happy for Kate. this is an opportunity for her to develop her acting skill – collaborating with a veteran actor like Dayo.
      I’m excited for this one new fresh couple

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
    13. P.Tan says:

Hurray for Kate!

Login or Register before you can reply to P.Tan
    14. Agnes Tan says:

Kate is very lucky, looking forward to watch this fresh couple.

Login or Register before you can reply to Agnes Tan
    15. LUCY says:

YEAHHH Dayo my favv!!

Login or Register before you can reply to LUCY
    16. sel_fi_wu says:

other cast are sharon, louis yuen, jazz lam, may chan, benz hui.

full info here from this blog:

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu

Question, will she be funny? That we shall know.

• Ray replied:

my thought too… have never really seen (or never noticed) Kate is comical… good chance for Kate to show her acting skill in comedy.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ray
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

dayo will take care of the funny part while tvb might make kate do the dramatic parts. whatever it is she’s still lucky charmaine got other job and other fadans are occupied and tvb use this chance to promote kate as a lead actress in a comedy series with a talented comedian. i won’t say as a comedy actress yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
        • Hannah replied:

Ok. We get it. Do you need to mention “lucky” over and over again? I’m sure you didn’t feel that Myolie was lucky to land her part in RB3. -_-

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • Fox replied:

Last time in You’re hired, the funny part mostly ran to Dayo and Benz Hui and overall, it isn’t really a comedy.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
        • Nelly replied:

Agree. Dayo and Benz were holding up your hired I didn’t find Charmaine funny at all. Dayo and carol and ada are the funniest. I’m not sure about Kate, has she done comedy? I think comedians like dayo, johnson lee, louis yuen, wcl, all have an innate talent for comedy, he can be funny without trying, his face says it all, you have it or you don’t, can’t suddenly just have it. Lets see how she does. I just hope she doesn’t try to hard to funny aka forced comedy?!

Login or Register before you can reply to Nelly
        • Crystal replied:

You missed one, the guy named tat ming. The one who recently recovered from cancer. I hope he is doing well. I miss his comical on screen presence.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
      • Cloud9 replied:

@Funn,
        Before watching I love HK 2013 , knowning she the main actress same things like yours on my mind Will She Be Funny?…the answer is Nope ….but she indeed acted very well on her part as lover to Bosco.

If you had seen this movie you might understand why so many people praises her in “I Love HK 2013”

Login or Register before you can reply to Cloud9
    18. picklehead says:

This is terrible, I was hoping it would be anyone but Kate. Not a fan of hers by a long shot.

Login or Register before you can reply to picklehead
    19. Veejay says:

That’s a refreshing combo. Good. kate is kinda pretty lately. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    20. Mika says:

So lucky!!!!! Good luck to Kate

Login or Register before you can reply to Mika
    21. WildBerries says:

Although Kate isn’t one of my favorite actresses, I think the combination of Sharon-Dayo-Kate is a refreshing one. Would be interesting to see a different side to Kate’s acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to WildBerries
    22. Skyler says:

Kate & Dayo!!! Hooray! Hooray!

Login or Register before you can reply to Skyler
    23. Lyle says:

Nah I think Dayo is the one that’s lucky having both Kate and Sharon by his side lol

Personal preference but I’m not really a fan of Dayo, nothing against him but it’s just I’m not a fan of TVB’s comedy productions, I just don’t find him that funny although I did enjoy To Catch The Uncatachable but that’s it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lyle
    24. Dilly says:

I guess I must be the person who thinks Kate’s acting is still horrible

Login or Register before you can reply to Dilly
      • Nelly replied:

No I’m with you I don’t really like her either but she can prove me wrong with this series. I don’t think I ever saw her acting funny, does participating in variey shows count?

Login or Register before you can reply to Nelly
        • Lyle replied:

I don’t recall her participating in much comedy roles in series but in films she has been in a quite a few comedy roles in films.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lyle
    25. aptos says:

I didn’t see anyone else mention this but I am defintely happy to see funny supporting artists Benz Hui and Jazz Lam in this series.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
    26. c3 says:

Kate’s acting is overrated IMHO. Sharon at least grows on me.

Login or Register before you can reply to c3
    27. Fanny says:

I love Kate and it’s good to hear she’ll soon shoot a new drama with my favorite actor Dayo. Hope it has more than 20 episodes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fanny