Aimee Chan Shows Baby Bump

By on June 17, 2013 in Celebrity Babies, NEWS

Moses Chan (陳豪) and Aimee Chan (陳茵媺) got married in Paris last week and many gave their blessings to the new couple. However, it looks like the duo will have another event to celebrate in the future as photographs of Aimee’s three-month baby bump were revealed recently.

Aimee Doesn’t Deny Pregnancy

After the wedding, Moses flew back to Hong Kong for work while Aimee stayed in Toronto with her parents to rest in preparation for her baby. To avoid the paparazzi, Aimee first flew from Paris to London before making her final stop to Toronto. However, she still could not escape the chase of reporters and was photographed at the London airport with a visible baby bump under her sweater. Even though she was stopped by the paparazzi, she sported a smile and accepted a brief interview while kindly requested they stop taking photos due to lack of makeup.

Aimee expressed her gratitude for the blessings she received from both the reporters and fans and denied that her wedding in Paris cost $3 million HKD. In response to the pregnancy rumors, Aimee only laughed and did not directly deny the speculations while only stating that she would share the good news with everyone when the time comes. Despite not revealing where she would give birth, it was rumored that she already chose a private suite in North York General Hospital, the same place where Isabella Leong (梁洛施) resided when she gave birth.

Future for Moses and Aimee

Though it was rumored that the pair is slowly paving their way out of the entertainment industry, Moses currently still has to work in order to earn milk money. While Aimee did say she wants to continue acting, she has previously mentioned to Moses about the insecurities of the entertainment industry. With Moses putting more time into his new coffee shop new year and Aimee soon to become a mother, it is inevitable that their presence in the industry will diminish over time in order to start the new chapter in their lives.

Source: Oriental Sunday #810

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

30 comments to Aimee Chan Shows Baby Bump

1. sky says:

a pix of this “baby dump” would be nice..

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
    • miss unknown replied:

If you click on source, you’ll see the pictures. I have to say she’s showing quite fast compare to other celeb’s baby bumps that I’ve seen in the past!

Login or Register before you can reply to miss unknown
      • Gar replied:

I’m really surprised at how quickly she’s showing already given the fact that she was pretty toned and skinny before. I personally didn’t show until about 4 months.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • sandcherry replied:

I also think Aimee Chan is more than 3 months pregnant. With her slim figure, she should not show her “baby bump” so obviously after 3 months’ pregnancy.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

I have a feeling she more than 3 months pregnant too or else she would not have shown so much. I wonder if that is why they are so willing to share that she is pregnant??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Funn Lim replied:

Why would they lie about the 3 months? It could be also because she is so slim, and so more obvious OR maybe she is carrying twins?

• HeTieShou replied:

They may lie about the 3 month thing because of that old school myth that IF you let others know about a pregnancy before the 3 month period is over that you will more likely suffer a miscarriage. However, I do not believe in that at all… It is just an old wise tale…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Siying replied:

Yup should be more than 3 months, unless its twins or multiples. Those show earlier. Didn’t show till I was 7 months for first bum.

Login or Register before you can reply to Siying
      • May replied:

HeTieShou,

I haven’t heard before the three-month thing. Is the myth known universally, or just in chinese society?

Login or Register before you can reply to May
      • 939393 replied:

I doubt she’s more than 3 months pregnant. They would announce it if so. Didnt you see that they were dying to announce the pregnancy in their interviews?

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • anoninhk replied:

i personally had a baby bump at 2 months, while by 3 months, it was very obvious. but maybe it’s cos i wasn’t stick thin to begin with.

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
      • HeTieShou replied:

@May,
        It is not just Chinese, it is other Asians too so I guess it is more of an Asian thing. However, people who are more westernized(like me) don’t believe in it at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Siying replied:

@May

I’ve had one good friend tell me about the 3 month thing, she said not to tell people until after its passed 3 months and only tell if they ask if you are pregnant, then its considered ‘safe’ as in nothing will happen to the baby, if you go around telling people before the 3 months or tell if people didn’t ask, she said superstition has it that something bad might happen to the pregnancy.

Well, I was scared after hearing that so I didn’t say anything until the baby was born and people came to our full month party and were like ‘You were pregnant?’ Lol. I was still in pre preggers skinny jeans till 8.5 months and since no one asked, I didn’t tell. Lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Siying
      • May replied:

Siying,

Oh I see. Is this 3-months thing universally practised? Or only in chinese society? Or only in Asia?

Login or Register before you can reply to May
      • HeTieShou replied:

@May,
        I think it is practiced by traditional Asians all over the globe. My sister in law told everyone right away when she was pregnant and all of my nephews are fine. Therefore, it is just a myth…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Siying replied:

Hi May,
        I don’t suppose its universally practiced as I only heard it from that friend and she is a more traditional superstitious Chinese, however I don’t think all Chinese practice it,some like me never heard of it till someone tell them, HeTieShou is right about it being just a myth cos I see people doing birth announcements very early on and everything’s ok. Though back then I personally did not ‘risk’ it 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Siying
  2. Yee says:

Wooot! Go North York General!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
    • sandcherry replied:

What is wrong with North York General Hospital in Toronto? It is a very good teaching hospital. I don’t think it is a private suite as reported by tabloids in Hong Kong. It should be a private room. I don’t think there are special suites in hospitals for rich people in Toronto, like the ones in Hong Kong. 98% of the hospitals in Toronto are government-owned and operated, and they are all big and good hospitals. Every resident is entitled to this privilege, but extra charges will be imposed if she has a semi-private or private room (not a suite though).

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • clamine replied:

The private suite is probably a birthing room – Birthing rooms are part of a trend to family-centred maternity care in hospitals. The room is decorated in a homelike fashion, and is a place where a family can labor, deliver and spend uninterrupted time together following birth.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
      • sandcherry replied:

I just read the Chinese version of the above article. Hongkong reporters were great ………… they got the name and photo of the gynecologist, as well as the photos of North York General Hospital and their rooms in such a short period of time.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry

Why not include the baby bump picture in the article itself? Copyrighted?

4. yeung4life says:

where’s the photo!?

Login or Register before you can reply to yeung4life
    • HeTieShou replied:

Click on the source of the article and you will see it.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  5. Hannah says:

I think baby bumps are more noticeable on women who were slimmed before their pregnancies.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
  6. hrei says:

She’s more then three months. I weight 95lbs 5′ 3 tall. My bump doesn’t show until 4 mos going on 5th. Especially when is your first pregnancy it doesn’t show until at least 4-5 mos. I think they intentionally don’t want to talk about it and let time show itself. I think they do this so the public doesn’t know her due date and that way she gets more privacy during labor and is understandable. You can still see her collar bone and she’s still very slim…I can tell she’s going to be all belly.
    It’s not good she’s preg before marriage. The world is living it the backward way. Disappointed, but at least they choose life.

Login or Register before you can reply to hrei
  7. jc says:

Wow! so huge her baby bump bigger then Kate Middleton…is Aimee carrying twins..or 4 to 5 months preg..

Login or Register before you can reply to jc
    • 939393 replied:

I guess you haven’t seen Kate Middleton’s recent pix? her belly is huge! to say Aimee’s belly is bigger than Kate’s is an exaggeration.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • jc replied:

I not talking about recent fyi….

Login or Register before you can reply to jc
  8. Shrimpboat says:

the picture of her leaning on Moses (with the artist drawing the cartoon version of them) is adorable. all the best wishes to them and their child(ren)!

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  9. Passingby says:

Everyone carries differently. She may be further along, but it does not mean that a slim gal should only start showing at 4 months and beyond. Also, a first pregnancy does not necessarily mean it is more concealed. Again, it varies by person and pregnancy.

Login or Register before you can reply to Passingby