“The Misadventure of Zoo” Completes Filming

By on June 27, 2014 in TV Dramas

Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Niki Chow (周麗淇), and the cast of TVB’s new drama The Misadventure of Zoo <流氓皇帝> attended a completion banquet for the drama in Tsim Sha Tsui. The period comedy drama is an adaptation of the 1981 television drama of the same name, which starred Adam Cheng (鄭少秋).

Though filming has completed, the stars of the show are still busy with other work. Kenneth disclosed that he recently filmed an advertisement with his The Hippocratic Crush 2 <On Call 36小時II> costar, Tracy Chu (朱千雪), in Shenzhen. Asked if they plan to promote more together as a couple, Kenneth immediately said with a smile, “I wonder if we would get paid more if we had rumors together? We’re now under the same manager. The rumors should be helpful.”

Mentioning that Niki is already dating Mainland actor Jeremy Tsui (徐正曦) and that Kenneth would be the third party in the relationship, the actor said, “Then that’s not good! We can just be an onscreen couple then!  But I still want to be her real boyfriend!”

Niki added that dating Kenneth would be “pretty simple” because he is easy to please. “Just treat him some candy and he’ll be really satisfied!” Kenneth retorted, “I’m not that simple! I also need kisses! I managed to get a kiss scene [with Niki] this time. I hope we’ll get to collaborate more in the future! That’s my wish!”

Niki shared that she had many sweet moments with Kenneth in their new drama. “I added in a lot of sweet actions between couples for my character, such as kissing his cheeks and squishing his face! The goal is to make the audience as numb as possible [from the cheesiness]!” Asked if these additional moments came from Niki’s own experience with Jeremy, she smiled but refused to answer.

Niki also said Kenneth is a “very good man” and praised his singing voice. “We collaborated for the drama’s theme song. I really like his voice!” Niki added, “I have thought about inviting him to be the male lead in my new music video.” Niki is currently recording her Mandarin album and will release it next year.

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy  for JayneStars.com.

24 comments to “The Misadventure of Zoo” Completes Filming

1. Jake2 says:

Maybe this is why Kenneth doesnt have a gf until now. He seriously has a bad taste in fashion. Even Kate Tsui said it herself, jokingly. But we all know it’s true.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jake2
    • HeTieShou replied:

I do not think so. There may be other reasons. If a girl judges a guy based on how they dress only then she obviously is not worth it.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Nicole replied:

Men appreciates when their partner is well-dressed. Women are the same. We aren’t unworthy just because we like our partners to be look presentable.

Kenneth is 40? And he dress like a 13 year old below his neck, and like a grandfather above his neck. Nty.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Funn Lim replied:

Come on he look ok in the bove picture. A bit cutesy but better than hobo look.

• HeTieShou replied:

True,but if that is all that matters then there is something wrong. Also,Kenneth does not dress too badly. I agree with Funn that it is more cute and not unpresentable.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Alluka replied:

I partly agree with Funn Lim that there is cutesy in the above picture. The Tee looks cute but not the man in it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Mt replied:

Drop the hat and glasses and he’ll be fine.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mt
    • katyiu replied:

I think Tavia once said Kenneth had bad fashion as well LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to katyiu
  2. rofl says:

I’m baffled? Why is it translated as Misadventure of zoo? Has it got anything to do with wild animals? KM reminds me of Eustace from Courage the cowardly dog.

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl
    • Larry 3 replied:

it is a remake in 1981 tvb drama. The english title goes with the chinese title… sometimes it never make sense.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • rofl replied:

i thought the chinese title translates to “delinquent emperor” or something similar? Maybe my chinese isn’t good enough but i still don’t see where the zoo part comes in.

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl
      • H replied:

I think “zoo” is like the last name “zhu” which is the main character’s last name. Zhu is mandarin and Chu is Cantonese.

Login or Register before you can reply to H
      • rofl replied:

ah, i see, thx.

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl
  3. Vel says:

I think Mandy Wong has nice facial features ( straight nose, big eyes, oval face) but I just don’t find her pretty at all. Her acting is alright though. I just can’t pinpoint what is making her any less attractive than Niki even though they’re both flawless here.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vel
    • lol replied:

Cos she has a perpetually grumpy look that’s why.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • aptos replied:

You are right on the Mandy’s facial features but highlighting them as a whole to look appealing is just not right as she is short in stature and her hair style does not suit her. A makeover is in order where she needs to “lengthen” the look of her to really standout.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
    • MW replied:

Primary reason is Mandy Wong usually has “short” hair, which not many women can pull off in a sexy way. But, when broken down feature by feature (like eyes, nose, mouth, etc.), Mandy’s features are hard to beat.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    • Alluka replied:

Mandy’s problem is her fashion taste. She often makes herself look older than she really is.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
    • lol replied:

Her only nice feature are her eyes. Her nose is too big and her mouth has an obvious slant to one side when she talks. At least she doesn’t look plastic.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • HeTieShou replied:

I think Mandy has a sweet look. She sort of looks like Taiwanese actress Alyssa Jia.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Vel replied:

Really? I actually think she has a sophisticated look. Maybe people are right about her hair and facial expression. She does have that “grumpy” look…. I really want to see her in long hair.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vel
  4. katyiu says:

Kenneth Ma singing? Never heard that before…can’t wait!

Login or Register before you can reply to katyiu
  5. rofl says:

@”Niki also said Kenneth is a “very good man” and praised his singing voice”

I hope he has taken singing lessons since that horrendous attempt at singing. Didn’t know whether to cringe or laugh. I did both in the end.

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl