Synopsis for TVB’s “A Time of Love” Revealed

By on January 17, 2014 in TV Dramas

In celebration for this year’s Lunar New Year holidays and Valentine’s Day, TVB will premiere a series of four mini-television movies at the end of the month. The $10 million HKD production, A Time of Love <愛情來的時候>, will air every Sunday starting January 26 and ending February 16.

“A Time of Love” – Malaysia

The first of the four mini-films, the film’s Malaysian segment stars Taiwanese actors Chris Wang (宥勝), James Wen (温昇豪), and Hong Kong actress Kate Tsui (徐子珊). Set in Malaysia, the movie begins with Ling Shan (Kate Tsui) suffering from amnesia after going through a vicious car accident. Though she forgets her family and loved ones, the only person Shan remembers is Shing (Chris Wang), who loses mobility in one of his legs while trying to save her. Feeling guilty and developing a deep admiration for Shing, Shan falls deeply in love with Shing and moves in with him.

As Shan and Shing prepare for their marriage, Shan meets Ho, who claims to be her former boyfriend. Ho brings her to various places around the city to spark her memory, and Shan begins to feel a sense of familiarity.

“A Time of Love” – Japan

Starring Hong Kong actor Wong Cho Lam (王祖藍), Taiwanese actor Aaron Yan (炎亞綸), and Japanese actress Naomi Watanabe (渡邊直美), the Japanese segment of the film is a comedic tale of a curious matchmaker (Wong Cho Lam) who attempts to match up Aaron and Naomi’s characters.

“A Time of Love” – Korea

Starring South Korea’s Yeon Jung Hoon (延政勳) and Hong Kong’s Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), the Korean segment tells the story of the professional Korean illustrator King (Yeong Jung Hoon), who also works as a part-time Korean-language teacher for foreigners. Wanting to spend a life with her boyfriend in Korea, flamboyant and spoiled Hong Kong girl Linda (Linda Chung) hires King as her Korean teacher. With their opposite personalities, King initially dislikes Linda, but for the sake of his job, he learns to cope with her.

As the days go by, King begins to see a new, more likable side of Linda and slowly begins to fall in love with her. However, he also discovers a terrifying secret about her boyfriend, and he is at odds with himself over it.

“A Time of Love” – Singapore

The last segment stars Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) and Kenneth Ma (馬國明) as a pair of non-typical lovers. The career-minded Charmaine hires her subordinate, Kenneth, as her temporary partner so she can use him to trash her ex-boyfriend’s wedding. To Charmaine’s surprise, Kenneth ends up falling in love with her.

Aside from Hong Kong’s TVB, the series will also be playing in other channels across the world, including Taiwan’s TVBS, South Korea’s KBS, Singapore’s StarHub, Malaysia’s Wah Lai Toi, mainland China’s TVBC, and TVB’s overseas affiliate TVBI.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

35 comments to Synopsis for TVB’s “A Time of Love” Revealed

1. Anthony says:

Interesting. This is slightly like Seasons of Love

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
    • Yushky replied:

Yes but this mini series could be way better then season or love or fail way worse that that.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yushky
    • Zoe Tang replied:

i cant wait for these series and all these countries looking forward to the korea and japan one the most.
      i remember season of love my favourite couple was oscar leung and nancy wu

Login or Register before you can reply to Zoe Tang
    • HeTieShou replied:

Yes,but this has a star studded cast from various regions and countries. I think they are trying to attract the viewers with the cast.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  2. tearfulheart says:

YEON JUNG HOON!

Login or Register before you can reply to tearfulheart
  3. ita says:

Look forward for Linda Chung and Yeon Jung Hoon!!.

Login or Register before you can reply to ita
    • Bubblez replied:

me too!

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
    • bbt replied:

“A Time of Love” – Korea
      sounds like the korean movie “My Tutor Friend”

Login or Register before you can reply to bbt
    • JCLL replied:

Me too!!! Linda as a spoiled HK girl!!!! Gem of life??? If yes that will be so interesting!

Login or Register before you can reply to JCLL
  4. layna says:

WOW, first time seeing TVB actually collaborates w/Korean actors? I remember that face but don’t know if he’s really famous or not but he’s married in real life. Interesting pair up thou….

Login or Register before you can reply to layna
    • miss unknown replied:

Yeon Jung Hoon isn’t that famous in Korea as an actor. Recently, he’s a little more known because of this role in Vampire Prosecutor. Otherwise, his wife (Han Ga-In) is more famous than him and I think he’s more famous for “stealing” her since they got married in their 20s, which is very rare in Korea especially for K-artists.

Login or Register before you can reply to miss unknown
      • based replied:

Vampire Prosecutor was AMAZING. I didn’t watch the sequel though. Imagine if something like that aired on TVB. The seelais would lose their minds.

Login or Register before you can reply to based
      • layna replied:

That’s what I thought. Yes, his wife is very pretty too, he’s a lucky dude.
        I didn’t watch anything completed of him I almost did b/c of that East of Eden series but it got boring and too darn long for me so I gave up 1/2 way.

Login or Register before you can reply to layna
      • nvc replied:

totally agree!! i love vampire prosecutor!! he looks soooo hot in it!!! lol

Login or Register before you can reply to nvc
    • dude replied:

yes han ga in is pretty.Saw a bit of her in architecture 101.

Login or Register before you can reply to dude
      • tearfulheart replied:

@based

I believe both seasons of Vampire Prosecutor were dubbed and aired on TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to tearfulheart
      • based replied:

that’s surprising. i assume they cut out all gore and nudity though?

Login or Register before you can reply to based
      • tearfulheart replied:

@based
        Unfortunately I only watched the dubbed version, there was nudity? The most nude scene it got was seeing Yeon Jung Hoon in a shower.

It was gory to an extent but I can’t compare to the original. Will have to watch the original versions some time. I was actually surprised there was no nudity in a cable drama, was expecting some.

Login or Register before you can reply to tearfulheart
  5. :) says:

Yay! Kate!

Login or Register before you can reply to :)
  6. AnnaxD says:

I’m excited to watch this !

Login or Register before you can reply to AnnaxD
  7. jinx says:

I wanna see this!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to jinx
  8. Lucas says:

What happend to Raymond?

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucas
    • HeTieShou replied:

I heard Raymond could not make it.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  9. HeTieShou says:

The stories sound interesting. I cannot wait to see it.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  10. WildBerries says:

Wait. Can someone tell me what language will this be in? I know its a silly question but thought it’ll be weird for a Japanese or Korean to speak Cantonese
    ._.

Login or Register before you can reply to WildBerries
    • layna replied:

I think it’s all DUBBED these days.

Login or Register before you can reply to layna
      • HeTieShou replied:

I think they will all be dubbed. But I wonder if the HK stars will use their real voices?

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  11. kamaru says:

Whose the actress on the pic??

Login or Register before you can reply to kamaru
    • Funn Lim replied:

Linda?

• HeTieShou replied:

Yes,it is Linda.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  12. edith says:

Ahhhhhh!!! I will see Aaron in a TVB show. I am super excited about this. This will either be really guilty pleasure addicting or really terrible.

Login or Register before you can reply to edith
  13. MW says:

Really liked “A Time of Love”/Malaysia with Kate Tsui, Chris Wang (he’s so cuuuuuute) and James Wen. Kate and Chris seem to have really good chemistry.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    • MW replied:

Too bad each is only one (1) hour long, which did not allow the story to develop fully. For example, Chris Wang’s character was shown limping but the cause was not clear. Two hours would have been better.

People say that “A Time of Love” is like “Season of Love” but the difference is that the latter has 20 episodes, which is about 5 episodes per story to allow the story to fully develop.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
  14. yeongsng says:

where can I watch this drama online?

Login or Register before you can reply to yeongsng
  15. sylvia says:

omg, yan ya lun will be in this drama, all my favourite actors and actresses together! <3

Login or Register before you can reply to sylvia