JayneStars.com logo

Aimee Chan Turns Down Role in “Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon”

By on May 16, 2013

Aimee Chan Turns Down Role in “Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon” thumbnail

TVB is in a scramble to find a new leading actress for upcoming wuxia drama Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon <寒山潛龍> after Aimee Chan (陳茵媺) turned down the role shortly before filming is set to begin. The action-heavy series was first introduced during TVB’s 2013 sales presentation with shooting scheduled to begin in June. This week, reports surfaced that Aimee had suddenly declined the role to make an emergency trip to Canada. Producer Marco Law (羅永賢) confirmed the news today and shared that the company is still looking for her replacement.

Reporters caught up with Aimee to ask about her decision. Aimee explained that it is mainly for personal reasons, and that she is taking some time off to visit her parents. When asked if she is planning to secretly marry boyfriend Moses Chan (陳豪) overseas, Aimee quickly laughed it off. “Haha! Thank you for your blessings, but let’s wait until I am really married!”

Moses Chan also spoke to reporters and acknowledged Aimee’s departure from the series. “She needs to return to Canada, it is not my place to discuss the details.” Moses then stated he will not travel along, citing his busy schedule in Hong Kong. He also cleared up marriage rumors once again during the phone interview. “I know that everyone is very concerned about us. I will make an announcement if there is good news. I am a very traditional person, I will definitely share the news if I am ever getting married.”

Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon star Kenneth Ma (馬國明) was surprised at the news and expressed his disappointment. “I have never worked with her before, this is very disappointing. We had a lot of fighting scenes planned in the series.” When asked if he has been training for his role, Kenneth replied, “I would love to but I really don’t have the time since I am currently filming.”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Katrine for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , ,

• Artists Comment on 2012 TVB Anniversary Awards Nomination List(79)
  • Aimee Chan is Having Another Boy(13)
  • Aimee Chan Shows Off Baby Bump(11)
  • Moses Chan and Aimee Chan Want More Kids(11)
  • Him Law and Tavia Yeung Dodge Marriage Questions(28)
  • Aimee Chan is Pregnant with a Baby Girl(30)
  • Bernice Liu Not Envious of Moses Chan's Second Baby(40)
  • Aimee Chan Had Fight with Moses Chan Over Drama Role?(78)
  • Aimee Chan Denies Abandoning Cats: "I'll Take Them Back!"(37)
  • Aimee Chan Angers Netizens With Cat Abandonment(93)

• Readers' Comments (131)

1. Coco Chan says:

People like Larry and Funn will be so happy! LOL

Anyways i hope that she can take care of the things she needs to take care in Canada.

• Larry 3 says:

Why would I be happy when she is taken time off for personal reasons. Thats her decision, MORE ON

• Coco Chan says:

you will be happy because she won’t be in that drama.

Please stop calling me names. Stop bullying me.

• Coco Chan says:

And if you do that one more time, I can try to report you through my government’s online bullying tool.

And I’m not joking.
          “http://www.erasebullying.ca/”

• Larry 3 says:

Please go, you can not find me in New York.

• Coco Chan says:

There’s something called IP address. Police can track your IP address.

• Larry 3 says:

Seriously, how old are you?

• Coco Chan says:

It’s fine if you don’t believe me.
          But the site I gave you is legit and I have heard my friends use it to report cyber bullying. They told me it works.

And this has nothing to do with age. Rather, you have been constantly attacking me and calling me names for granted, thinking it’s okay.

You need serious help

• Cherry says:

Are the both of you 10 years old? Both of you, grow up.

• Larry 3 says:

You toooooooooo late, buddy.

2. Coco Chan says:

“You need serious help”
      ^ Good thing I was taking screenshots and filling in the report form while waiting for your reply.

Reported. :)

• lol says:

HAHA I wonder if something’s really gonna happen to him. Can’t wait until the drama unfolds!

• Coco Chan says:

Actually, this can be seen as harassment. As I did tell him to stop calling me names. And I do remember that people had committed suicide due to this.

• Larry 3 says:

You really great story telling? This is so funny.

• Larry 3 says:

Well, there is a police department not far away from house. JAIL me away to Rikers Island.

• Coco Chan says:

Goodbye world!

• Larry 3 says:

You really need to get a grip and take a break from this website.

• Queenie Lei (Bubblez) says:

Sorry guys but I have to do this post:

I am quite sad and disappointed to see that dramas that begun during these past weeks has escalated. I have noticed the dramas that has been going around lately. I was a major fan of the website until I saw Funn’s comment “try dying and then coming back and then you tell me what was your conversation with God like” on another article. I had tried ignoring it but it has gone way too far. It is not okay or appropriate for someone to say “try dying and then coming back and then you tell me what was your conversation with God like”. Will this person “Coco Chan” commit suicide because of this? I do not know. But they might. It is not appropriate for someone to tell another person to commit suicide.

It does not matter if the user who wrote that comment was joking or not. If Coco Chan has low EQ or low self-esteem, she may take her life. And Funn has allegedly told someone to kill themselves.

And for you guys who were joking around with Coco, this has been a serious issue to Coco and I do not think she can ignore it anymore. She has been battling this case of online harassment from the same group of people for quite some time now. Coco Chan has also been telling her aggressors to stop calling her names as well. I have been bullied in the past (real life) and I know exactly how Coco is feeling right now. And I had thought of suicide as well when I was bullied in real life.

You may disagree with me, but I see this has a serious issue.

• Crystal says:

Ehh a few questions:
          1) are you really bubblez?
          2) are you coco using bubblez name?
          3) are you and bubblez friends?
          4) are you both the same person?

Lol.

• Queenie Lei (Bubblez) says:

@Crystal:
          Ehh a few questions:
          1) are you really bubblez? Yes this is legit 100% Bubblez. (to proove it, I will show you :D)
          2) are you coco using bubblez name? Nope.
          3) are you and bubblez friends? I have named myself Bubblez ever since my neopets account (xx__bubblez)…
          Neopets.com/~stayi
          4) are you both the same person? And yes, Crystal.

• Queenie Lei (Bubblez) says:

Crystal: proof :)

• Queenie Lei (Bubblez) says:

Anyways Crystal, on my blog (http://memorytwirl.blogspot.ca/2013/05/all-about-me.html), I have enclosed that one of my nicknames is Bubblez (:

• Queenie Lei (Bubblez) says:

Larry:
          “If I were you, limit the exposure of your identity that you have been releasing lately.”
          I am only using my actual name instead of the alias I have been using. And to me, this is serious stuff.

And good night !

• Queenie Lei (Bubblez) says:

Oh and crystal for the past part, I assumed that you were asking if I am Bubblez :3, that’s the only reason why I said yes! If you were asking if I was Coco, then nope. If I was the target of Funn’s comment, I would most likely ignore it to my best.. but as you can see.. it didn’t work.

• Funn Lim says:

Coco,

“After seeing Funn’s comments on another article telling me to “try dying” and now you mocking me, I might as well kill myself then.

Goodbye world!”

The word “try dying” by itself sounds terrible doesn’t it? But dear Coco, you did not quote me IN FULL. You picked and choose so what can I do? Perhaps to say sayonara to you and good riddance and do come back when you have learn to read IN FULL before picking and choosing.

• Larry 3 says:

Good luck securing your own profile just as a FYI.

• Akira says:

“Good luck securing your own profile just as a FYI.”

Is this towards Bubblez? I think Bubblez is one of the brave ones to actually express her view. Although she has made a mistake in interpreting Funn’s post, at least, she was willing to step it up and was concerned with the outcome of Coco.

• Larry 3 says:

I’m not discussing that all over again. I’m pointing out her own info is not a great way to post it here. People will steal her info, that’s ok if she ignores me.

• Bubblez says:

Larry:
          I did not ignore your post at all and I did take your post into consideration. I did mention in the last comment I wrote that I was taking a mini break from commenting since I am still embarrassed for my sudden outburst at Funn. I know that I can do a better job. And to prevent this from happening, that is why I wanted to take a small break from commenting to reflect on how I could improve in the future.

• Anon says:

Larry
          —————————————–
          You are right that people may steal Bubblez’s information. But what has she really given? All she told us was her blog url, Bubblez= Queenie Lei, her neopets account/about me page. However, within one day’s time, she has changed some of these pages. Will people be able to track her? I don’t know.

And compare her doings to youtube personalities (eg. missglamorazzi), she has exposed her real name, her location and whatnot. Would people steal her information as well? Maybe…
          And if people do steal her information, well it’s her fault to begin with!

• dd says:

@Bubblez

I don’t think Funn was affected by it in any way. She’s a grown woman and she knows better than to be emotionally hurt by people over the internet.

She’s also a communist so you weren’t in the wrong either.

• Larry 3 says:

Anon, she has posted on the other article comments, it is not the first time. For all I care… that is her fault.

• Xuetong says:

You know, yes it was her fault.. but she didn’t do anything wrong. If this has happened in actual life, the people who didn’t get bothered by Coco’s threat would be the outsiders who let this dilemma happen…

And as for Bubblez, she would be seen as “good Samaritan” who tried to stop but failed.. ;c

Coco Chan
        Just ignore the people whom you don’t like on this website. There are always that kind of people on earth. If you take his/her comments seriously, you will just be unhappy. Why should you get upset at someone whom you don’t even know/meet?

I had similar experience in the past. If you ignore them, they will have no fun and stop attacking you.

• sandcherry says:

The above comments also apply to Bubblez. I know you are a very nice and polite girl. Don’t get upset by those weird and rude comments. I also had similar experience in the past, and I just ignored them. If you don’t care about them, they will disappear very soon.

• Funn Lim says:

Sandcherry, she can’t ignore the people she doesn’t like because she provokes them. She called me a moron. And yet here I am being lambasted and she getting her pity votes. She wants to be left alone, perhaps she should just not provoke others. She is rude, and the way she writes is rude. This is not the first time. It is funny because she is upset at someone for saying something bad about her, making it personal perhaps but she never thought she was the one who made it personal first. You reap what you sow.

Funn:
          Sorry then. I was not following the posts closely. In the first place, I don’t agree that people should be rude in their posts. It is like initiating a fight with others. I’d better leave you people alone to solve your own problems.

• Akira says:

I was doing some reading of what has happened, Funn, but I don’t think Coco called a moron. didn’t coco write this: “[…] someone may call you “moron”. There are some notable differences […]” on the other article?

And it’s depressing to read all these negative vibes.

• Queenie Lei (Bubblez) says:

to Funn and larry:
        I apologize but I do not regret what I did. I did what I did because I saw it as an important matter. That was really my first initial reaction. And knowing that I stand alone on this issue, well that’s okay with me.

And as for in-the-future comments, I think I may take a mini break from commenting. Who knows what I will do in a few hours? But a good night sleep will definitely help me reflect on today’s doings.

And Funn, I did read your post on the other article. But it’s best if I posted on both.

• vann says:

Coco,
        I do not like Larry’s comments too but they are not worth risking your health. Like me, just ignore his comments and leave this web for a while to relax.

• Mr. Lee says:

This is like a bad TVB drama :P

• Akira says:

it’s a horrible tvb drama. Sadly, people are doubting and thinking it’s a joke…

• Hazel says:

No offense but I find people are coward to die because of something like this. You only have 1 life what is the point of dying because of it or taking the comment to heart because of a comment where you don’t even know each other. if you cant even handle a little name calling how are you gonna survive in the real world?

• Akira says:

Hazel,
          Research Amanda Todd before speaking up on an issue like this.

Online words coming from strangers or whatnot can hurt real bad.

Song: Wonder Woman by Elise Estrada!

• Hazel says:

I have seen it already, my teacher were talking about it too. By suiciding your escaping reality your not facing the problem that is cowardly. I was bully when I was younger because I was different but I got over it and made some good friends. When your dying is not just a one person problem it involves the people around you. You got to be strong and live the life you want. There are alway hardmanship in life you just got to deal with it. There is alway a way you can go, nothing is impossible.

• Akira says:

Just a question: are you calling Amanda todd a coward? She faced online trauma that led her into depression for years.. How can you be sure that Coco wasn’t facing any in her actual life? If she was facing trauma in her actual physical life and then this.. it could go wrong.

Unless you are the person who is suicidal, it’s unfair to call that person coward as the definition of coward is “A person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.”

Dangerous/unpleasant is subjective to everyone. What may look dangerous to you may look a “piece of cake” to another person.

And yes, I do agree that when someone dies, it affects many people.

And even “[if you] live the life you want”, it may not result in the ending you want!

• Hazel says:

Yes, i find people that suicide are coward.
          For your information I actually was suicidal for a short period of time. Thinking if I die no one was gonna care, I’m just another person on earth. When I’m gone no one even gonna remember me. Now that I think back at it I was just a coward trying to escape reality, I just want to be asleep forever and never wake up any more. I was just a small child back then and having though thought. But now I know better. I’m a happy student. Living the way I want.
          Life doesn’t alway go the way you want. You just have to find another way.

• Priya says:

You are absolutely right that a person shouldn’t kill themselves due to a small deal like this, namecalling and other jazz and that they are running away. But until
          you hear the whole story (which we will never hear from the person who commits suicide unless they wrote a note or something), calling the person who committed suicide “coward” is a bit harsh. Yes, there are some people who kills themselves for a “small deal”. But just how acting is subjective, so is the idea of “small deal”, “problem” and whatnot.

I’m sorry to hear that you were suicidal.

• Larry 3 says:

and nothing happen to me.

• Bubblez says:

Larry:
        I did not ignore your post at all and I did take your post into consideration. I did mention in the last comment I wrote that I was taking a mini break from commenting since I am still embarrassed for my sudden outburst at Funn. I know that I can do a better job. And to prevent this from happening, that is why I wanted to take a small break from commenting to reflect on how I could improve, etc.

3. sandcherry says:

I hope everything is okay with Aimee ….. her health as well as the health of her family members. It must be something very serious happened to her or her family. Otherwise she wouldn’t have turned down this lead role in “Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon”. Is she a lead actress?

• Lizzy says:

Yes agree! She once said she so looking forward to collaborate with Kenneth Ma so it must be serious otherwise she won’t rush back to Canada. Eventhough I doesnt like her acting but I hope all is well with her family

4. P. Tan says:

This series seems to have been plagued with obstacles right from the beginning. First, it was Kevin who turned down the offer to act, then Charmaine (or wasn’t she offered a part?) and now the latest rejection by Aimee. Hope they can find someone to replace her.

5. Larry 3 says:

I hope Amiee wish of luck for dealing personal issues. I really dont want to see casting Eliza or Sire in this role, that is the hope. Maybe Nancy, Mandy or Natalie if they are free up.

• sandcherry says:

Nancy Wu will be a good choice. She is tall enough for Kenneth Ma and she acts very well. It is about time to promote her to act 1st lead roles.

• Larry 3 says:

IAWTP. Nancy is really a underdog and she can handle almost any drama.

• sel_fi_wu says:

agree love nancy but she’s already in that stupid cat mother series. although i’m very happy that her name is labelled above eliza sam in the costume fittig. serves eliza right. nancy deserves her placement. but sad that nancy won’t be able to get chance to pair with kenneth :(

• sandcherry says:

If Nancy Wu is paired up with Kenneth Ma, there will be more publicity for this drama series “Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon” ………… romance sparkles with her ex-boyfriend. As long as Nancy does not mind being Kenneth’s partner, it will be quite all right with Kenneth as he hasn’t got a girlfriend yet.

• joey says:

Yes Nancy is in Mr and Mrs Bean and I prefer that series to this.

• Larry 3 says:

I do hope Nancy has some room in her schedule. Otherwise, we can give it to other underdogs.

• sandcherry says:

But if Nancy Wu has a lead role in “Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon”, it will be Nancy’s first lead role. It is worth it. Nancy needs some kind of 1st lead roles to get herself established. She is only a supporting actress in “Mr. and Mrs. Bean”.

• sel_fi_wu says:

elaine yiu is a good underdog choice. she can act and is gorgeous looking in costumes!

• sel_fi_wu says:

nancy is labelled first before eliza in cat mother. that surely means her screentime won’t be less than eliza. but better in sense that she won’t need to wear costumes during summer.

• joey says:

This series has FLOP written all over it. From the aeful sales presentation to the horrible costumes to kevin and charmaine rejecting this. As for Mr and Mrs Bean, we will know in an hour’s time.

• sandcherry says:

Elaine Yiu will also be my next choice if Nancy Wu’s schedule is full. Elaine acted very well in her characters lately. She deserves more promotion.

6. melted says:

Honestly, this is great news to me. I’m definitely not a fan of Aimee, her acting is very mediocre and there are more than enough series with her on air (or going on air). But of course, I’d rather stick to Aimee than Eliza, Sire, Christine or Rebecca any day. Btw, who are the rest of the cast members apart from Kenneth? Selena’s still in right? they should totally make Selena the lead if that’s the case!

7. sel_fi_wu says:

selena should pair with kenneth and replace aimee! let someone else take over selena’s original role

• sandcherry says:

In fact, Selena Li has been a borderline 1st lead actress for years. I don’t understand why TVB did not promote her but Aimee Chan who is definitely a junior vs. Selena Li.

• sel_fi_wu says:

i’m more afraid of selena staying in her role while tvb replaces aimee with PRISCILLA. but selena said her fans will be happy with her part in cold mountain.

• sandcherry says:

I would rather have Nancy Wu than Priscilla Wong.

• sel_fi_wu says:

but nancy schedule is full and priscilla is sandy yu’s pet :(

8. Shrimpboat says:

Maybe it’s not a bad thing. The series itself doesn’t look appealing and the costumes look like jokes on the actors/actresses…

9. Kidd says:

Hope everything is Ok with Aimee and her family.

I’m disappointed that she can’t be in the series. I’m looking forward to seeing her in wuxia attire. Never seen in her a costume series set older than Qing Dynasty.

• sandcherry says:

Actually Aimee is better in acting modern drama series for the time being. Her Cantonese is not yet “perfect” for ancient drama series. She speaks a bit too fast, both in Cantonese and English. She needs to work harder in her Cantonese if she wants to act well in ancient drama series. A lot of people complained about her dialogues in “The Confidant”.

• Funn Lim says:

I wonder what happened?

And who will take over her role? I wonder will viewers groan if it is Christine Kuo?

Anyway I don’t hate Aimee. You do know me Kidd, how much I liked her performance in some latest series but I have someone telling me she feel sick watching her because knowing she is the lead in so many series thanks to her boyfriend and I was like “Maybe but at least she looks like she is trying”

I think costume series will not suit her because her cantonese is not there yet unless again she is some foreign princess.

So now I wonder, who is taking over her role? My feeling is even if fans are crying for Nancy, it won’t be Nancy. Could be some 2nd tier young ones.

• joey says:

Selena, she hinted on her weibo and instagram.

What was Selena’s hint?

• Funn Lim says:

Not sure if that is good or not good. Kinda suspected a 2nd tier actress will take on that role. But no other female roles?

• joey says:

這樣看劇本真是perfect!! 好好好喜歡這個角色! 不能說太多, 只可以說我的fans會比我開心得多… 好多!! 真是會好好好開心!!

Selena posted this right after Aimee announced she will pull out.

• joey says:

Selena’s fanclub already confirmed that Selena will replace Aimee.

【新劇消息】在新劇#寒山湝龍# @李詩韻selena 會在新角色中有新的嘗試, 而且會跟#馬國明#演情侶。只有她一個會跟#馬國明#有感情線.

Selena’s reply:

Joey:
          Thanks for posting Selena’s hint in her Weibo. Glad to have a better understanding.

• ABC123 says:

That’s amazing! Another Selena-Kenneth collaboration!! :) i will catch this series! Hope Selena can have a breakthrough.

• joey says:

I hope Elaine can replace Selena in her original role.

• Applelim says:

Great. Love to see Selina and Kenneth in same series. Good chemistry

• Kidd says:

Yeah, I know you don’t hate her. You have complimented her efforts before. :)

” but I have someone telling me she feel sick watching her because knowing she is the lead in so many series thanks to her boyfriend “

Sad, isn’t it? It might not be true, but, there are people who will hate her because of this assumption.

I don’t think she got roles because of Moses. Remember when she won her first TVB award (forgot it’s Best Supporting or Best Newcomer)? She let slip that TVB signed an 8 year management contract with her. That was before her relationship with Moses. TVB already has plans to promote her at that time.

10. Lyle says:

Wow since when has this site became such a dramatic one where we’re throwing insults at one another That’s Youtube. I don’t think it’s funny when one threatens their life but either way we should keep our personal thoughts to ourselves as this is not the appropriate website for that matter, shouldn’t be insulting those we don’t know especially over the internet.

Anyways, I remember seeing the promo clip for this and it looks like a bunch of CGI and bad costumes involve but hey maybe they changed it. I don’t think Mandy will be in this as TC2 is starting to film around that time I believe. Sire is already involved in another series, not sure about Natalie. Selena will probably take this series. I just hope Aimee can deal well with her personal matters. It’s kind of a last minute replacement so they have to find someone who’s not already filming or close to being done.

• joey says:

Natalie is in that series with Tavia and Steven.

• sandcherry says:

I think something must have happened to Aimee or her family. She is being promoted so highly by TVB now, so she will not turn down a lead role with a last minute’s notice. It will easily bring her some bad damages.

• yuki says:

Maybe she does’nt care since she will be moving into a big house soon. Sorry, her acting is very distracting and annoying. and still amateur-ish I prefer Nancy or Selena over her any day.

• Lyle says:

She is? Didn’t see Natalie’s name in that costume fitting, oh well Selena already confirmed it. It’s been a while since she and Kenneth collaborated I just hope they changed the script from what we saw on the promo.

I think it’s a family issue probably nothing too bad or else she would of fly out to Canada already, it seems like she needs a break anyways.

• Lyle says:

I think the appeal with Selena is that she almost always partners up with someone new thus creating new chemistry. I haven’t seen her collaborate with Ron nor Bosco yet at least not romantically and recently with Ruco. Her pairing with Steven and Kevin was also fresh Idk it seems like to me out of the other actresses in her league, she stands out when it comes to collaborating with new partners, we don’t see her with the same actor a frequently.

11. Applelim says:

I am beginning to like Aimee. Her acting skills has improved and I like her fresh and cheerful personality. Be a shame to miss her in this series. Please oh please don’t replace her with Christine Kuo, TVB!!!

• sandcherry says:

Agree. No Christine Kuo please, not in an ancient drama series. Too hard to understand her dialogues.

12. happybi says:

Hope Aimee family is fine in CA. But not a lost for the drama really as not a fan of her acting. Especially in a period series! But please oh please no Christine Kuo!!!

Also, people in this site need to chill. Everyone have a freedom of speech so if you see something you don’t like, you just need to ignore. Why let it get to you and make yourself miserable?

13. Lizzy says:

Selena didn’t replace Aimee. The producer is still searching for someone to take Aimee’s role. I assume people interpreted the official site’s weibo message incorrectly.

【新劇消息】在新劇#寒山湝龍# @李詩韻selena 會在新角色中有新的嘗試, 而且會跟#馬國明#演情侶。只有她一個會跟#馬國明#有感情線.

@李詩韻selena:對了. 本來都想蕒個關子, 不過好可惜Aimee不能再演, 讓大家有很多問題! 希望這樣可以答了大家的問題吧! 亦希望Aimee有機會可以回來演的, 真是好期待和她的合作呀!

@靠谱青年小王:是原定就是情侣还是因为Aimee辞演变成情侣了?

回复@靠谱青年小王:詩韻從收到角色的第一天起劇情的配搭便沒有改變過,而且較早前經已試造型,角色不會有任何改變改動!

14. Chen says:

If Selena is not taking Aimee’s role I hope the editors make it so that Selena’s role has more screen time and therefore becomes 1st lead because unless they push back filming no top tier actress is available or will film in such short notice. I really don’t want to see anyone below Aimee’s level (which is already awful) to lead over Selena.

Can someone enlighten me as to what Lin Xia Wei and Rebecca Zhu are doing now so that I don’t have to worry they might take Aimee’s role?

I really hope Marco Law doesn’t suddenly decide to give it to Priscilla Wong since it will be easier to recast a supporting character than a lead.

I think Elaine Yiu is free right now?!? but I really can’t imagine TVB casting her for Aimee’s role.

All the other “free” artists I can think of are either too old or not on TVB contract.

• joey says:

Lin Xia Wei just finished filming Outbound Love and Rebecca just finished Always and Ever. LOL

• Chen says:

So both will be free! That is not a good sign.

• Susan says:

Yes, both Lin Xia Wei and Rebecca Zhu don’t have any series due at the moment, but Rebecca has only filmed Leung’s series so far so the chance of her replacing Aimee is smaller than Lin Xia Wei’s.

• joey says:

Elaine Yiu or Katy Kung please.

• doris lee says:

I pray hard that Selena will replace Aimee. Her acting is better than Aimee.
        Very natural!

15. Chen says:

If it comes down to Elaine, Xia Wei or Rebecca I’d much rather see Elaine but it sounds more likely that Xia Wei might have a chance. I really hope not! I quite like her but TVB shouldn’t start over-promoting her like Aimee, Christine etc etc she should follow a steady trajectory like Mandy, that’s how you develop a strong career.

16. H says:

PLEASE ELAINE YIU!!!! I AM BEGGING YOU TVB!

17. Kidd says:

” The action-heavy series was first introduced during TVB’s 2013 sales presentation”

Where can I watch the sales presentation. I have seen screencaps, but, I couldn’t find the video clips.

• H says:

@Kidd

Search “TVB 2013 劇集巡禮” on youtube and it should be the 1st video that is listed.

Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon starts at 4:03

Sorry I didn’t know if we were allowed to post links on here.

Hope this helped!

18. Ah Cheong says:

Female lead?! thank goodness she dropped out

19. sel_fi_wu says:

can’t wait to know who’s replacing aimee. hope it’s elaine.

20. Y2k says:

I hope nancy wu can replace Aimee chan and pair with Kenneth ,why not .
      Kenneth and nancy have never paired together in tvb drama ,I wonder why ?
      Is this drama a remake of chow yuan fatt movies ?with same name .

21. P. Tan says:

This guessing game of who should replace Aimee is most interesting and as for me I would be happy if Selena is given the chance at it. she was good in “gloves come off” and has good chemistry with both Kenneth and Kevin.

22. georgina says:

I wish they would give more roles to Leanne Li.. I feel that ever since she admitted to dating Wong Cho Lam, her status at tvb has been a bit shakey.. not promoted as much..

23. TVBFanatic says:

This thread is in need of serious moderation. I’d be deleted about half the trash in here :P

As to Aimee… I hope everything is alright at home.

24. sushiroll says:

its funny how people call me a nutcase when there’s heaps more who are nuttier than me-ie posting random sh*t that’s not even related to the topic.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription