“Triumph in the Skies” Movie Releases First Teaser Trailer

By on December 24, 2014 in Hot Gossip!, Movies

The movie version of TVB’s hit series Triumph in the Skies <衝上雲霄> has finally unveiled its first official teaser. On December 18, Media Asia uploaded the teaser online, offering fans a first official glimpse of the movie, which is slated to be released in 2015.

The teaser did not reveal much of the film’s storyline, but it does unveil its breathtaking scenery amid the backdrop of the iconic theme song, “Songs of Years Gone By” <歲月如歌> by Eason Chan (陳奕迅).

Directed by Wilson Yip (葉偉信) and Matt Chow (鄒凱光), the movie is a film adaptation of the popular TVB series of the same name, and is co-produced by Media Asia, Shaw Brothers, and TVB. Original cast member Francis Ng (吳鎮宇) reprises his role as Captain Samuel Tong, and Chilam Cheung (張智霖) also returns as Captain Cool, an Australian air force pilot.

In the film, Francis Ng will have a romantic storyline with Sammi Cheng (鄭秀文), who portrays a rock singer. Louis Koo (古天樂) portrays the owner of airline and plays a couple with Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼), a flight attendant. Chilam and Amber Kuo (郭采潔) will share a humorous but emotional relationship.

“Triumph in the Skies” Movie Trailer

Sources: Youtube.com; 365j.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

48 comments to “Triumph in the Skies” Movie Releases First Teaser Trailer

1. Iiivvvyyy says:

Anyone know where I can watch or get the movie in the states

Login or Register before you can reply to Iiivvvyyy
    • Tess replied:

Yeah!! Pls share anyone?

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
    • Lkv replied:

The promotion clip states the flight will take off in 2015. So you will need to wait until it is released after a few months in 2015

Login or Register before you can reply to Lkv
    • seltav replied:

It will be released on 19 february 2015.

Login or Register before you can reply to seltav
  2. Angela says:

OMG! Cant wait to watch this !!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Angela
  3. pt says:

can’t wait to see this !!!
    charmaine looks absolutely awesome <3

Login or Register before you can reply to pt
  4. Daisy says:

I wonder if Fala gets killed off? Or will they even talk about her character?

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
  5. ksten.s says:

OMGG I just can’t i love them all- all the actors and actresses especially Chilam Cheung and Charmaine Sheh;)

Login or Register before you can reply to ksten.s
  6. Bo says:

Francis as Sam is irreplaceable, but Sammi seems to be a mismatch in this film :/

Login or Register before you can reply to Bo
    • wooo replied:

Yeah..sammi seems a bit too cool as sam’s gf. He needs immature women like zoe and holiday

Login or Register before you can reply to wooo
      • Rainbow replied:

I don’t think Francis’s role as Sam needs someone immature like Zoe and Holiday. They look weird with him, like Uncle and Niece. Sammi is a better match but I think actresses like Maggie Chiu, Kathy Chow will look more natural with Sam. Sam is too serious and mature for young girls, not to mention his wrinkles.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rainbow
    • janet replied:

Triumph in the skies MUST have Francis.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
    • Kelly replied:

I think Sammi looks cool in this movie. We cant tell if it’s a mismatch or not until we watch the film. I’m glad to see Sammi though.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
  7. k says:

Wow the kiss between Louis and charmaine!! I’m soo excited to see this movie!!! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to k
    • swe3tiixd replied:

OMG!! i feel the sam way! I hope charmaine find her mr. right soon! maybe even louis koo is great for her! omg…I will die! <3333333

Login or Register before you can reply to swe3tiixd
  8. Rachel says:

Is there even a storyline? All I see is beautiful scenery and people smooching.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rachel
  9. Jessica says:

It would have better if they paired Charmaine & Chilam and Louis & Jessica Hester.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
    • seltav replied:

I personally like this new pairing of Charmaine with Louis more than with Chilam. It’s something completely new and they do look good together. For this movie, I feel Charmaine x Louis could create more sparks than Charmaine x Chilam.

Charmaine and Chilam are now working on the movie version of Return of the Cuckoo, so we will be seeing them ‘together’ afterall.

Login or Register before you can reply to seltav
      • Lilian replied:

Yippee! Expect new sparks to develop with Charmaine & Louis pairing, new and refreshing!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian
  10. Jane says:

This feels more like a TV movie rather than a cinema movie.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jane
  11. vel says:

Yeah… the trailer is a little cheesy in my opinion. Hopefully the movie lives up to the drama series.

Login or Register before you can reply to vel
  12. Kidd says:

“Francis Ng will have a romantic storyline with Sammi Cheng”

What happen to Holiday?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Yaya replied:

I miss holiday…..she’s irreplaceable ….fala …please come back

Login or Register before you can reply to Yaya
      • Anon replied:

Fala is DEFINITELY replaceable. She can’t act.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
      • michelle replied:

i glad fala is not casted lol i cant stand her acting in the drama…

Login or Register before you can reply to michelle
      • Lilian replied:

Goodbye to Holiday, hello to pretty & talented Cassie!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian
    • Sky replied:

The movie takes place a few years from the drama sequel. Therefore, Sam gor might have dumped her..lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Sky
  13. Vodka says:

Their ruining Francis character… making him some sort of a player that’s not cool!

Login or Register before you can reply to Vodka
  14. pandamao says:

Glad they used Eason’s song even though I enjoyed George lam’s also. Looking forward to the film and some of the collaborations too.

Merry Christmas to Jayne and staff. Thanks for all the great articles!

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  15. Yen says:

Honestly, my own opinion, Sammi acting is even worse than Fala!!

Too bad, nowadays there’s not many HK movie actress that’s available.

Actually I find ShigaLin quite good. She is very pretty- eye catching and she can act too.
    ChrissieChau used to be very pretty but nowadays her body seems so weird.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
    • Joyce replied:

Huh???? Are u serious???? U r comparing Fala to Sammi & think Sammi is worser than Fala??? What on earth are u thinking??? There’s no way Fala can act,,, she can’t even cry,,, can’t express her emotions,,,,Sammi is way way better than her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Joyce
  16. Ren says:

I hope people don’t get their hopes up of them continuing the story line of the drama. Francis and Chilam are reprising their role of the same name and character, but the story would be entirely different. Still, I can’t wait for it. Don’t seem to be that bad. The cinematography of this movie looks amazing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ren
  17. GF says:

Don’t care about the film at all. Just want to watch louis koo in the pilot outfit! XP

Login or Register before you can reply to GF
  18. A says:

Finally the original song is back, they should have Eason as a guest appearance? Maybe they should play Chi Lams’s version/cover of the song too. I think pairing Charmaine with Chi Lam would be better… Personal Opinion

Login or Register before you can reply to A
  19. Nigel says:

Yes I agreed with Jessica coz I still think Louis & Jessica Hester have great chemistry together. Absolutely loved them in DIF4. So hated the ending that they can’t be together.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nigel
    • wave replied:

I agreed with Nigel.

Login or Register before you can reply to wave
  20. E says:

To be honest I don’t know if I’ll watch this cos the original cast isn’t here. Without Myolie, Nancy, Ron, Kenneth and the others Triumph In The Skies isn’t the same.

Login or Register before you can reply to E
    • A replied:

Kenneth and Elena is in the movie.

Login or Register before you can reply to A
    • deliveryboy replied:

Ya Isaac isnt even in it? whats the point of watching when the coolest character is gone?

Login or Register before you can reply to deliveryboy
  21. kelvin says:

If I remember correctly, Holiday did not choose either Sam or Jayden, right? That could be why she’s not in this movie…but I’m gonna miss her though…I think Flora Chan should have a cameo too…what do you guys think?

Login or Register before you can reply to kelvin
    • Funn Lim replied:

She cHose sam and jayden went back to being a fighter pilot.

• deliveryboy replied:

ya captain cool went back to being a fighter pilot, what the hell is he doing in this movie? is he fighting terrorist or sometning?

Login or Register before you can reply to deliveryboy
    • A replied:

Holiday chose Sam instead of Jayden in the end.

Login or Register before you can reply to A
  22. Pak says:

If Flora Chan is at this film. I would definitely watch it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pak

Goof thing abt movies is you can full nudity for it, bad thing is storyline for tits is pretty dried up and what is left us probably a very artsy sort of love story that adds nothing to the franchise.

24. arc78 says:

Personally, if Zoe and Sam can’t be together, I rather see Belle and Sam together than with Holiday

Login or Register before you can reply to arc78
  25. Kelly Koo says:

I’ve got a feeling that, this movie will be better than the whole series of Triumph in The Sky 2. Retribution, I guess.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly Koo
  26. seisei says:

I’m sad that most of the original cast have either been cut off or replaced…

Login or Register before you can reply to seisei