Rain Li to Reunite Onscreen With Raymond Lam?

By on May 16, 2013 in TV Dramas

With more artists filming in mainland China, TVB is eager to find suitable stars to lead its series. TVB has turned to headhunting from other television studios as well as getting its former artists to return. TVB’s latest target is Raymond Lam’s (林峯) ex-girlfriend, Rain Li (李彩華).

Former TVB artists, Kathy Chow (周海媚), Esther Kwan (關詠荷) and Lawrence Ng (吳啟華) returned to star in recent series. Currently, Dayo Wong (黄子華) is filming My Prime Lady <My盛 Lady> with Kate Tsui (徐子珊). Preparations are also underway for 30-episode Aerobics Girls which will star Tony Leung Ka Fai (梁家輝) and Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼); filming is scheduled to begin next January.

Rain Li’s Return

It has been reported TVB invited 29-year-old Rain Li to return. Though Rain was not extremely popular in TVB, her collaboration with Raymond and Michelle Ye (葉璇) in Lofty Waters Verdant Bow <雲海玉弓緣> in 2002 was unforgettable. The onscreen love triangle soon became fodder for the media, romantically linking Raymond to both Rain and Michelle. Recently in an interview, Rain admitted that while filming Love Exchange <別戀> in 2002, she and Raymond had dated for a while. The couple split up amicably after they could not find time for each other.

In 2006, Rain Li turned her career focus to mainland China. Five years later, Rain made a name for herself in the Chinese drama, Temptation to Go Home <回家的誘惑> playing a sexy seductress. Since then, roles never stopped streaming in. Last year alone, she was cast in six television dramas. Despite a shaky start, Rain is definitely has a market in mainland China.

Rain-Raymond-Michelle Love Triangle?

Whether it is their onscreen chemistry or their offscreen romance, TVB hopes to use the winning formula to create another period drama, starring Raymond, Rain and Michelle again. An insider revealed, “TVB noticed Rain’s popularity in China. Taking the opportunity when Rain was back in Hong Kong recently, they contacted her to discuss about filming a period drama with the same team as Lofty Waters Verdant Bow. TVB was also generous to offer her $40,000 HKD for each episode, above the amounts they offered Raymond and Michelle. Of course, Rain said yes!”

Rain’s Response

When Rain was asked to comment on her TVB return, she laughed, “I have not received any notice. Usually it’s my mom [who acts as her manager] that accepts jobs for me. Maybe my mother has accepted the job but has yet to tell me. I don’t mind working with Raymond as lovers again. But I can only start work after August.”

Source: Face Magazine #312 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

26 comments to Rain Li to Reunite Onscreen With Raymond Lam?

1. starry says:

don’t really care for her… but raymond and michelle in a tvb drama?! yes please!

Login or Register before you can reply to starry
    • looooooooooooo replied:

Is there a plot by tvb to match LF’s old flame in order to ditch bb karena?

Login or Register before you can reply to looooooooooooo
      • KN replied:

I find cradle-robbers disgusting.

“Raymond Lam + Karena Ng = DISGUSTING”

Login or Register before you can reply to KN
      • Anne replied:

Totally agree with you!

Login or Register before you can reply to Anne
    • Anne replied:

yes please! i’ll watch any of their dramas together. minus the rain. lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Anne
    • Cara replied:

Seconded!

Login or Register before you can reply to Cara
  2. azndoraemon says:

I don’t know what happened … I used to think she’s pretty but I was wrong (she’s not). I saw her in a few mainland dramas -one with Ady and the other one is the Korean version of Wife Temptation – she’s not good looking but she looks like Sharon Chan.

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
    • windy replied:

I think she still looks good for her age. I never particularly like her acting thou, just average and nothing special. I had no idea she dated RL. wow, n RL is now dating someone 10 years younger. WHHOOOOO..haha..

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
      • looooooooooooo replied:

Have you realise LF loves dating young girls? dated rain li when she was 19 , karena 19 & rose chan 19

Login or Register before you can reply to looooooooooooo
      • idontknow replied:

*15 years younger

Login or Register before you can reply to idontknow
      • J replied:

lol. Looks good for her age? Rain Li is 29, not 49.

Login or Register before you can reply to J
      • KN replied:

@looooooooooooo,
        It just goes to show that LF’s mental age is stuck at 19. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to KN
      • KN replied:

@idontknow,
        LF is just a disgusting cradle-robber.

Login or Register before you can reply to KN
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

really agree with this. he seems to prefer that age and max usually at 23-24 where he will leave the girls if still with them. such as mavis and linda.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
    • HeTieSHou replied:

There is more to a person than looks. At least she is not 100% plastic…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieSHou
  3. 000 says:

I love her!!! I’m hoping they’d bring her back 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to 000
  4. lol says:

Aerobic Girls is not the one with Tony and Charmaine. That’s a totally diff series. Aerobic will star Lawrence Ng.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  5. Crystal says:

Am I the only one who thinks Kelly Chen, Sharon Chan and Rain Li somehow, in same looks alike?

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
    • J replied:

I think so too, they all have long round chubby-ish faces.

Login or Register before you can reply to J
    • Crystal replied:

I just realized I typed out some gibberish.

Ah well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
    • Jessica replied:

Add Niki Chow to that list as well

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
      • Crystal replied:

To a lesser extent.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
  6. advo says:

Terrible picture of her.

I loved her in Flaming Butterfly and I would love to see her in a modern show for TVB. Can see her in period all the time in Mainland dramas.

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  7. kcabc says:

The movie was Stolen Love, not Love Exchange, plz correct!

Her acting was not that great but her singing is ok. But I don’t believe TVB can reunite this triangle.

Login or Register before you can reply to kcabc
  8. jason says:

i hope that if is true,i hope they invite elanne kwong and some other pretty to act with LF maybe even BB,i even hope tvb or mainland flim wei xiaobao and invite LF to act in it

Login or Register before you can reply to jason
  9. Shrimpboat says:

I watched Temptation to Go Home. She’s definitely improved since the Lofty Waters Verdant Bow days.

But when will TVB realize that spending all this money to bring in well-known actors/actresses is not the way to go? They need to hire good script-writers, pay their “behind the scenes” people better, raise filming budgets, and fire management.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat