Joel Chan’s Mysterious New Job

By on September 28, 2013 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Reporters have paid close attention to Joel Chan’s (陳山聰) whereabouts since his break-up with Florinda Ho (何超雲) in April. While his ex-girlfriend was spotted numerous times enjoying life with friends, Joel was nowhere to be seen. Finally, he accepted an interview a few days ago and announced he is happy with his life and has found a new career outside the entertainment industry.

Joel was spotted heading home from work in a suit and a pair of sunglasses. He carried seemingly heavy bags up to his apartment in Kowloon Bay. When he noticed reporters nearby, he waved at them in a friendly manner and announced he is going to Macau to visit his father.

“I have a new career now, and I don’t need to depend on my elder brother! This has been my aim. I’ve always been apart from my brother in terms of careers, and I’ve never helped him. If I had meant to lend him a hand, then I wouldn’t have entered the entertainment industry a few years back! Family is family, and we don’t have any issues when it comes to dealing with money.” Joel revealed he also never helped write for his sister-in-law’s magazines in Macau. He has his own job and liked to keep things separate from family members.

When asked what his new career is, Joel replied, “I’m no longer within the entertainment industry. I really don’t want to reveal anything, because I don’t want it to affect the company I’m working for and my colleagues. I’m just a normal person right now doing normal things. It doesn’t matter what [reporters] say about me. It’s okay as long as I stay happy.”

How is Joel’s life after his break-up? He stated firmly, “I don’t have to drive around a sports car or live in a huge house. I’m very happy right now.” Joel announced if he decides to return to the entertainment industry one day, he would be sure to inform everyone. However, he has no such plans at the moment.

After breaking up with Florinda, Joel’s hobbies have changed as well. When he has time, he would go out for runs to keep his body fit. Next year, he is planning to participate in a marathon. Joel said proudly, “At first I wanted to run in order to practice breathing skills, but I soon became addicted!”

Spotted With Brother and Sister-in-Law

On another day at around 9 p.m., Joel was seen leaving his apartment wearing a V-neck shirt and suit. He met up with his brother and sister-in-law, and the trio headed towards a restaurant in Central. When Joel noticed reporters lurking nearby, he initially tried to cover his face with his hand to avoid the cameras. After composing himself, he greeted the reporters and left hurriedly with his brother.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Joel Chan’s Mysterious New Job

• Recovering from Cheating Scandal: Joel Chan's Lesson in Love(18)
  • Joel Chan Sees New Girlfriend as Potential Wife(20)
  • Joel Chan’s Successful TVB Comeback (17)
  • Joel Chan Makes Teary Apology to Ex-Wife and Family(28)
  • Joel Chan Returns to TVB a Changed Man(40)
  • Joel Chan Returns to TVB(43)
  • Joel Chan Lost Slimming Deal Due to Enormous Fees(41)
  • Florinda Ho Has New Love Interest(42)
  • Joel Chan’s Post Break-Up Life is Not So Glamorous(22)
  • [Breakup Files] Joel Chan and Florinda Ho Officially Break Up(31)

• 54 comments to Joel Chan’s Mysterious New Job

1. RLF Lover says:

Well, that’s a shame. Despite what people say about his personality, I personal feel that he’s a good actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to RLF Lover
    2. Bubblez says:

That’s a shame that he left tvb but i’m glad he is living a normal life now 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • Tvbxo replied:

He’ll never live a normal life.. Reporters are still after him and his every move maybe in a few months they will die down but as of now… Hes still in the spotlight lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbxo
        • Bubblez replied:

I am aware of that! And most people who do leave the entertainment industry are still followed by the media. But at least, no more long hours of filming ? =P

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
        • HeTieShou replied:

Not really.. Look at Joey Wang, she left the circle over 10 years ago but when she came back to HK, everyone was following her every move. I think that once you are in the circle, you never truly get to leave.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • bunny replied:

yup unless u move to a town where there is only foreigners and no t.v., electricity, newspaper. those are call…country side.

Login or Register before you can reply to bunny
      • sky replied:

that’s a shame he didn’t get anything from his relationship with a brat.

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
    3. LeilaFan says:

I like him too, I do not believe he is as bad as the tabloids make him out to be. Like they said he ask Florence to give him break up fee, come on! How they know this? Both Joel and Florence denied anyways.
      After break up he did try to mend the relationship with Florence, it just didn’t work out.
      Anyways, wish him best

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
      • HeTieShou replied:

I do not feel that Joel is that bad of a person either. We all know how the tabloids are and how they like to exaggerate.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    4. Teecee says:

It is a shame he left, he was a really good actor but wish him the best in his future endeavors he may may have been talented but probably wasn’t too passionate about it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
      • HeTieShou replied:

Yea, it is but I think that he will return one day. There are many celebs that leave and come back. I feel that after a few years, Joel may come back to acting. That is just the strong feeling that I think after seeing so many celebs come and go. BUt time will tell…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Teecee replied:

He may or may not but honestly I don’t think he was ever really that passionate about acting, he’s obviously talented but you can kind of tell he doesn’t have that kind of passion for it like other artistes. I’m not basing this on his relationship either, even way in the past it’s kind of obvious how he felt about acting. It wouldn’t be a bad thing if he returned though.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
    5. yuna says:

I agree with the above comments. Joel was a great actor. He was only reason why I actually bothered to complete “Curse of the Royal Harem” and “The Last Steep Ascent.”

He has a great singing voice too!

Login or Register before you can reply to yuna
      • sandcherry replied:

—————————————————————–
        Same with me. Joel is a good actor, a lot better than any of the current top siu sangs in TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • sandcherry replied:

I hope he will act again in the near future. He is a talented actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • Larry 3 replied:

I hope he gets back to acting soon, too. Because TVB bloody needs a good actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
        • sandcherry replied:

Especially for siu sung or supporting roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • Funn Lim replied:

A pity he does not have the passion or dedication of the less talented. Which is why the others are more deserving than he is of any opportunities. I don’t know what’s wrong with him. Is it his aim in life, if he is a woman, to be like a socialite?

6. Larry 3 says:

what a moron.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • HeTieShou replied:

How is he a moron?? He made some poor choices and is now trying to get his life back on track. It’s not like he committed some big crimes or something.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Larry 3 replied:

He made some VERY poor choices. He is a moron.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
        • qc replied:

u can always tell a persons character when they hit rock bottom and then get back up on their feet.Good he is working again.I enjoyed his character in the last steep [email protected] 3 when u make a mistake I will be the first one calling u a moron;)

Login or Register before you can reply to qc
        • Larry 3 replied:

Go ahead. More on.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
        • HeTieShou replied:

Gosh Larry, I used to defend you but now I can see why some were saying how mean you can be with your choice of words.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Larry 3 replied:

Thats fine, because no one is perfect when Joel is a moron.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
        • Kathy replied:

Lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Kathy
      • Nori replied:

Well, you can’t judge a person based on what you’ve read from the tabloid unless you truly know him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nori
        • Larry 3 replied:

No really? He dump his career to go after that fashion mess wealthy queen. It wasn’t last longer then hitting rock bottom.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
        • HeTieShou replied:

He did make poor choices and has suffered the consequences of his decisions already, so now he is trying to move on with his life. It’s not that like he did really really bad things that are unforgivable. Others have done worse and were all forgiven and have live a happy life, so why can’t he???

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Larry 3 replied:

Didnt he stop talking to his TVB buddies and focusing on Florinda Ho 100% before breaking up? I doubt some of his TVB friends would forgive him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
        • Fox replied:

Dump? He only acted for habit, not that he used his acting career as his life. Even before Florinda, he planned to chase fashion career. His ex wife is a makeup artist

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
        • Fox replied:

Derek.Kwok is still a Txb actor and Joel+Florinda are still god parents of Derek’s daughter

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Teecee replied:

We all are, honestly as we grow older each year we realize what kind of dumb decisions we made the year before and this goes on and on. So he may or may not have made bad decisions, all of us wish we didn’t do the things we did the year before. I don’t see how he is any different than any of us, he’s human and how do you suppose a human being should reflect and recognizes his mistakes without going through it?

Sure you may not have given up your career over a woman and that may be a dumb decision in your opinion but for Joel, I don’t think he feels that way and he shouldn’t either.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
        • hrei replied:

Agreed with Larrys choice of word. How old is he? He was probably old enough to be a father doing the right thing instead he screws around. Only time will prove if he stay as a moron or not…but for now he is entitled to that name.

Login or Register before you can reply to hrei
        • Bonnie replied:

Completely agree. We’ve all made bad choices; we just don’t have to share them in the media with everyone else.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bonnie
        • Larry 3 replied:

Thank you people, until he really turns around then the moron name will be drop.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • pandamao replied:

i don’t disagree he made some poor choices and definitely was a moron then but he sure doesn’t seem like a moron now and that’s what matters.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
    7. LUCY says:

I guess he invested wrongly

Login or Register before you can reply to LUCY
    8. mi says:

I’m sorta glad that he’s out of the entertainment industry. He was never my favourite and probably himself in reality (magazines’ news) leads me to think that he isn’t so likeable either.
      However, he does have good looks so I guess if I watch back, “Glittering Days,” I might start to miss him..

Login or Register before you can reply to mi
      • sandcherry replied:

Joel Chan did really well in “The Curse of the Royal Harem”, much better than he did in “Glittering Days”. Personally I think he was the BEST artiste in “The Curse of the Royal Harem”.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • HeTieShou replied:

It is a big waste if he gives up for good but I have a good feeling, he will be back sooner or later… Lets wait and see…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • TVBFanatic replied:

Joel’s character was the ONLY redeemable character in CotRH (IMHO of course :P)

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
    9. Ptt says:

Everyone make a wrong path once or twice in a lifetime. But the most important part is the knowledge that you know what you did wrong? Look like he is happy to live a normal life now. Please enjoy and hope to see you in the movie in some future day.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ptt
    10. Agnes Tan says:

He is a great actor, I like to watch his movies, hope he is happy with his new venture. Wish him all the best.

Login or Register before you can reply to Agnes Tan
    11. Kidd says:

Too bad. He’s actually a good actor. I will miss seeing him onscreen.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    12. Michael says:

Good actor. Questionable character.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
      • Yuyu replied:

I think we would never ever know an actors true character. Even the super nice ones such as Linda or picky ones like Francis can just be some kind of facade for us to label them.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yuyu
        • Fox replied:

Actually Linda isnt the best example of super nice. She is nice but not that super nice. Kate gives more frindly vibe than Linda.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    13. TVBFanatic says:

Good actor… really liked watching him. Hope he returns to acting at some point.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
    14. T.L says:

I think he is a good actor too… Really liked him in “The Last Steep Ascent.” The chemistry between him and his 4th wife… (forgot her name) was indeed entertaining.

Login or Register before you can reply to T.L
      • Shrimpboat replied:

Yes, I most looked forward to scenes between him and Samantha, also his bromance with Moses!

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
    15. c says:

yeah it is a shame.
      i do so enjoy his acting.
      hope tvb gives him a chance.

Login or Register before you can reply to c
    16. Terminator says:

From the picture he looks like a bellhop in a hotel…maybe that’s his mysterious new career.

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
    17. Scaredy Cat says:

I like Joel. Think he’s definitely one of the better actors in TVB. Especially enjoyed his performance in E.U. and LSA where he was a real scream. His scenes in LSA were what I looked forward to in the series. He has a versatility that not many actors can boast of.

Hope he returns to TVB some day. He has huge potential.

Login or Register before you can reply to Scaredy Cat