By on January 29, 2014 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Although pregnancy was not a planned event for Aimee Chan (陳茵媺), she found joy in being a mother and often gushes about her newborn son, Aiden Joshua. Aimee maintains a positive outlook and hopes to balance her roles as a wife and mother while not giving up her passion in acting.

Aimee said, “My goal is to become a good actress. Even though I have a baby now, I still love to act. I hope being a mother will inspire me further, allowing my acting to be more mature and structured.”

Surprise Pregnancy

Aimee started dating Moses Chan (陳豪) in 2011 and quickly moved in together. Highly promoted by TVB, Aimee’s pregnancy and marriage came as a surprise for many. But for Aimee, the pursuit of personal happiness is the most important. The couple originally planned to get married in December 2013, but Aimee’s pregnancy pushed the wedding earlier to June. Aimee said, “[Aiden Joshua] arrived a little earlier than planned. Afterall, Moses is older than me by 10 years, but my age is very suitable to give birth. I am very willing to pause my career to have a baby. This is the most perfect and happiest time.”

While filming Outbound Love <單戀雙城> in Malaysia last year, Aimee did not yet realize she was pregnant. Working more than 10 hours a day and even catching a flu, she even ate a lot of cold foods, which pregnant women would traditionally avoid. There was also a scene in the drama where she fell to the floor. Fortunately, this did not affect the fetus growing inside her. Once she realized she was pregnant after returning to Hong Kong, she immediately requested to stop all work in May 2013.

Making Her Comeback

Although only a month since giving birth, Aimee has been busily promoting Outbound Love. Although still on her post-partum confinement, Aimee said she has not yet fully returned to work yet.

In March, Ruse of Engagement <叛逃> will finally be aired by TVB after being warehoused for two years. The drama partners Aimee with Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) once again, and stars Yoyo Mung (蒙嘉慧) and Ron Ng (吳卓羲).  With her dramas shown shortly one after another, viewers may not feel that Aimee was absent at all from the screen.

Plans for future TVB projects are already in discussion. In May, Aimee will be filming a TVB martial arts series with Anthony Wong (黃秋生).

Aimee believes she will be able to juggle between family and work. Aimee will have to coordinate with Moses and his family to help care for baby Aiden Joshua. “There won’t be reduction in work. I only hope to schedule my time properly….When one of us goes to work, the other must stay home. Love is about sacrifice. I believe [TVB] will understand.”

Source: Ming Pao via hktv.com

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

53 comments to “Ruse of Engagement” to Air in March; Aimee Chan Looks Forward to Returning to Work

1. buzz says:

REalllllly!!!! March!!!!!!ROE!!!!!!!!!!Hope it’s true!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to buzz
  2. JCLL says:

Is TVB trying to promote her this year? Not that interested in her at all. Yes I’m happy for her marriage/baby but as an actress, not that exciting. But I’ll watch the drama for RUCO!!! Ruco looks like Sam (BK) in this drama!

Login or Register before you can reply to JCLL
    • Bubblez replied:

Mhm, maybe promoting her to be BSA, definetely not BA yet.

But yes finally!! I have been wanting to watch this drama for the longest time.. since it has yoyo mung and Ruco! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • Hannah replied:

Obviously, Aimee will be running for BA. She’s just under the 5 fadans + Kristal. There’s room for others to climb up now that Fala left and Myolie and Tavia are eyeing the Mainland market. So, Linda and Kate are left plus the other promoted leading ladies (Aimee, Priscilla, etc.)

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • Bubblez replied:

Being nominated and being awarded for BA are two different things. Tavia could win it again if her role in her upcoming drama shines. And if Nancy does well in 食為奴, she could be nominated for her first BA as well..

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • tvbfan replied:

Hannah I agree with your theory but I don’t really like priscilla she got things so easily and fast and she not even a good actor or very beautiful.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
    • Fox replied:

If they wanna promote her to win eventually, they would arrange her series to be aired in the end of the year, not now. So I don’t think she is promoted.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Bubblez replied:

I agree. I think if Aimee is promoted on a BA level, her dramas would air during that time period right before the ceremony not right now..

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
    • pinky replied:

Me too, watch this drama for Ruco. Don’t think Aimee’s got heavily promoted. So many viewers critize her acting in OL where Ruco’s the limelight of the drama. Tbb just lack fadans. ROE is a men drama so Aimee’s role might not be so important as in OL. Just skip her.

Login or Register before you can reply to pinky
  3. Hannah says:

I knew it! With Yoyo out, Aimee is the only leading actress left. She is needed to promote the series. Expect Yoyo’s scenes to be reduced and more of Aimee.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • tvbfan replied:

That’s true cause YoYo not part of TVB any more so she step down to 2nd lead but WTF Ron now 2nd mian lead????? TVB been promoting Ruco way to often past like 3-4 years seen him in like almost every series.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • Hannah replied:

Supposedly, Ruco and Ron are co-leading, but I have a feeling Ruco will be more featured. He’s one of Amy’s favorites.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • choco-bunny replied:

tvbfan, still tearing your hair out over this after 2 years? Same complaint from you every time Ruco and Ron are mentioned together. TVB promoting Ruco over Ron blah blah blah! You’re way exaggerating, Ruco is never in almost every series but i’d love that if it were true. Face it, Ron had his time and it’s now over.

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
    • Bubblez replied:

I don’t think Yoyo’s scenes would be reduced..

According to asianfanatics,
      “- Ron and Ruco Chan will play brothers. They will fight over Aimee Chan, and many misunderstandings will also lead to the deterioration of their brotherhood. Aimee is originally Ruco’s girlfriend; however, in the middle of the series, Ron will think that Ruco has died. Ron later dates Aimee.
      – Ruco will play Chong Yau Ching (莊有正), Ron’s elder brother. He is initially an undercover cop, but he later receives recognition from Eddie Kwan and other superiors of the ATF, and thus joins the ATF. He is both good and evil.
      – Aimee will play Jessica Chung Yat Ka (鍾日嘉), an Intelligence Analyst who is more quiet, introverted, and refined. She is humble and smart. She will be involved in love triangle with Ron and Ruco.
      – Yoyo Mung will play Yip Ting (葉婷), a reporter, but she is actually a spy with regard to the exchange of criminal intelligence. She will have a romantic storyline with Ruco.
      – Ruco, Yoyo, and Aimee will be involved in a love-and-hate triangle.”

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • tvbfan replied:

Of course Ruco gets the undercover good and evil role.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • Hannah replied:

Yoyo’s screen time will be reduced. Even Fala who supposedly left on “good terms” got axed in TITS2. Yoyo also isn’t favored.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • sandcherry replied:

Not surprised at all. That is always TVB’s style of doing things ……… screen time reduced when an artiste is gone, especially if he/she has signed up with another competitor.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Bubblez replied:

For Yoyo, I do not think that her screen time will be reduced because she plays an “essential/important” role in this drama. But, her situation may be like Nancy’s in Coffee Cat Mama in how Eliza supposedly had “more” screen time, which I frankly do not see that is happening.

Right now, it’s not even 100% certain that this drama will actually air in March since 食為奴 airs from Feb 10 to March 14 and 守業者 airs from February 17 to March 28 (stated on List of TVB dramas in 2014 page).

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • llwy12 replied:

Not sure if ROE will actually be airing in March, but it will definitely be airing this year (maybe even soon). The reason I say this is because last week, I saw the following post that TVB Magazine reporter ahcris wrote on Weibo: “From 5 Chinese characters to 3 English letters back to 2 Chinese characters. Been waiting 3 years already….” If you think about the various name changes that ROE had the past couple years (from [反恐特勤隊] at the time of the sales preso trailer, to [ATF], and finally to current name [叛逃]) , plus the time frame (the series was filmed back in 2011), it’s obvious the reporter is referring to Ruse of Engagement….if the series wasn’t airing soon, why post such a comment? I don’t think that the timing between the weibo comment and Aimee’s interview is a coincidence….

If the series does air in March, I actually don’t see it as TVB promoting Aimee. Instead, I see it more as TVB capitalizing on Aimee’s recent popularity with her marriage, birth of the baby, and ‘anticipated’ return from maternity leave and hoping to take full advantage while the momentum is there (near the end of the year, the hype would have died down already). Basically, it’s a self-motivated move on TVB’s part rather than a desire to promote Aimee (at least right now).

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • Funn Lim replied:

My bet is Ruco ends with yo yo the first lead.

• Bubblez replied:

@llwy12: I agree that this drama has a high chance of airing this year, but when it will air, that’s up to TVB. And I agree that it’s promoting her return to work, rather than promoting her, a bit like a small ‘celebration’, I would say.

@Funn: It’s already mentioned by asianfanatics that Ron will end up with Aimee while Ruco will end up with Yoyo (unless tvb changed it).. Not necessarily a bet, when that is given.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  4. miriamfanz says:

Finally! Waited long enough for Ruse of Engagement!

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  5. tvbfan says:

It’s about time they showed Ruse of the Engagement! Only wish it would come a bit sooner.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
  6. Ita says:

Noooo…she partner with ruco again?. I had to skip watching outbound of love because of her. If she is not the lead at least I can skip her part.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
    • tvbfan replied:

Ikr I didn’t like outbound love too mainly cause of Aimee.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
  7. meg says:

I love Aimee. She is a better actress than cry baby Linda. And so much prettier and soft to look at.

Login or Register before you can reply to meg
    • sandcherry replied:

Personally I think Aimee Chan looks prettier, but Linda Chung acts better. After all Linda has filmed many many drama series as 1st or 2nd lead actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • tvbfan replied:

I find Linda Chung prettier than Aimee especially in outbound love maybe it’s because she was pregnant while filming. But overall I think Linda acting better than Aimme it’s just that Linda been getting the same princess role over and over. I really hated her in Brothers Keeper and I’m a fan of hers.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
    • JCLL replied:

Linda can act. She just needs a good role that can showcase her acting. Linda is better in acting than Aimee for sure. But I think both are pretty. No need to compare the beauty.

Login or Register before you can reply to JCLL
    • Fox replied:

I think they have different prettiness and different image. Linda is following sweetie BB image while Aimee has her mother beauty now. After having Aiden, Aimee looks so much attractive.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  8. Fanna says:

Not looking forward to any drama with her lead. I was told that she ‘eat words’, not pronouncing every sound in a word.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fanna
    • tvbfan replied:

Well Aimee really got famous cause of of Moses. But now Moses not part of TVB will TVB promote her as more 1 st leading roles and make her a fadan?

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • sandcherry replied:

I heard that Moses Chan renewed his management contract with TVB recently. Therefore, Moses stays with TVB as their top siu sang. I think he did it partly because of Aimee, as well as for his family. He wants to be close to his wife and newborn baby.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • sandcherry replied:

Should read: “Moses stays with TVB as one of their top siu sangs.” …………….. otherwise other fans will get offended!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Susan replied:

tvbfan – Aimee was already getting promoted by TVB before she and Moses started dating (2011). She got Most Improved Actress in 2009 and was already receiving 2nd lead roles back then.

Login or Register before you can reply to Susan
  9. Purplegirl says:

Gosh I can’t stand her

Login or Register before you can reply to Purplegirl
    • MRS. TORRES replied:

She is annoying. Does she even know she can’t act. Raymond’s cousin can act better than her.

Login or Register before you can reply to MRS. TORRES
  10. TN1 says:

Oooooooo watching it for Yoyo Mung mann!

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
  11. Mydatewithspring says:

Finally the series that I’ve been wanting to watch pf Ruco. It will be a real pleasure to watch Ruco is his element in the undercover role, torn between his duty, his brother and his mother. The minus factor is Aimee however, why Aimee? It’s enough that she made he dislike Outbound Love.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mydatewithspring
    • anneyen replied:

YES!!! … Finally this drama is out =D … can’t wait to watch more of Ruco … will anticipate to fully concentrate on watching Ruco & Ron relationship =) … and ignore the presence of the female cast =P

Login or Register before you can reply to anneyen

I might like her better in ROE. I can’t stand her in OL.

13. sandcherry says:

I think “Ruse of Engagement” should be a better drama series for Ruco Chan who is good in action scenes. Louise Lee Sze-Kee plays a rather important role as the mother of the two brothers, Ruco Chan and Ron Ng, and Louise is a very good actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • ita replied:

Louis plays as Ruco’s mother again?, wow as I remember this could be their 3rd or 4th collaboration as Mother and son.

Login or Register before you can reply to ita
      • sandcherry replied:

As per airing, this is the 3rd time for Louise Lee to be Ruco Chan’s mother:
        1st: Reality Check
        2nd: Brother’s Keeper
        3rd: Ruse of Engagement

As per filming schedule, it should be:
        1st Ruse of Engagement
        2nd Reality Check
        3rd Brother’s Keeper

Louise Lee also acted in Ruco Chan’s 1st lead drama series as a guest star. The name of the drama series is: “The Other Truth”. She also acted in a mother’s role, but not as Ruco’s mother.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  14. lol says:

no point ron or ruco fan fighting who is the male lead both co leads but ron has finish at tvb pre school and soon ruco will be the next francis and just go onto the big screen and ron will focus in mainland and both actors will come back from time to time to do a series so no point on comlaining

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • pinky replied:

I think tbb isn’t promoting Ruco since his dramas are not given good airing periods. He was ignored at last year’s award event even as top 5. Maybe tbb knows his goal is for the big screen. Agree that Ron & Ruco fans shouldn’t fight cos both actors will have different ways to go.

Login or Register before you can reply to pinky
  15. holidayNo.1 says:

I THINK SHE WOULD BE A GOOD MOTHER WHERE SHE HAS TO TAKE CARE HER SON ADIEN JOSHUA
    I HOPE SHE WOULD COME BACK TO TVBIN MARCH!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to holidayNo.1
    • HeTieShou replied:

You can have a career and take care if your kids. It is hard but doable, but of course you would need to hire help and all.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  16. holidayNo.1 says:

ME TOO I CAN’T WAIT TO WATCH MORE TV SHOWS OF RUCO CHAN AND AIMEE CHAN!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to holidayNo.1
    • Lizzy replied:

No need to use Cap!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lizzy
  17. sandcherry says:

Jayne and All Readers on the website:

恭喜發財 to all of you! Have a lucky, healthy, and wealthy Year of the Horse!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  18. joojaibao says:

Aimee is a ok actor I like her better then LF cousin

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
    • MW replied:

Agreed, Aimee is better than LXW’s bad acting/singing.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW