TVB to Sign Miss Hong Kong Beauty, Virginia Lau

By on September 3, 2013 in NEWS

One of the earlier hot favorites in the 2013 Miss Hong Kong pageant, Virginia Lau (劉溫馨) was not placed in the top three. However, that does seem to put a damper on the Central Academy of Drama graduate from Beijing, who has been shortlisted by TVB to sign as an artist.

With experience from filming advertisements to mini movies, Virginia is considered a good fit for TVB. When reporters asked TVB senior executive, Virginia Lok (樂易玲) to confirm the news, she happily said, “The Miss Hong Kong contestants this time are all have pleasant faces which are well-received by family viewers, especially Virginia Lau. She has the making of an actress.”

Ms. Lok also confirmed that TVB has arranged for an internal meeting between the executives and producers on September 5 to sign the pageant winners and allow the contestants interviews slots.

With such good news, it is no surprise that 22-year-old Virginia was not at all disappointed that she was only placed in the fourth position in the pageant finals. She said, “I feel I have room for improvement. The performances of the top three must be very good.” Virginia indicated that she is interested in pursuing a master’s degree or becoming an artist.

Families’ Welcome

After the pageant on Sunday night, Virginia was chauffeured back to Huangpu, Guangzhou. She lost her way while looking for her address.

Newly crowned Miss Hong Kong Grace Chan (陳凱琳), first runner-up Sisley Choi (蔡思貝) and second runner-up Moon Lau (劉佩玥), together with Miss Friendship, Tammy Ou Yang (歐陽巧瑩), remained behind until 2 a.m. for a TVB photography shoot.

Following that, they were chauffeured home to their respective residences. While Grace’s father welcomed her with open arms at the doorstep of their luxurious Kowloon Tong house, and Sisley’s father also came to the car to walk her daughter home. It was a cold welcome for Moon and Tammy with no family members waiting for them.

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

38 comments to TVB to Sign Miss Hong Kong Beauty, Virginia Lau

1. azndoraemon says:

She is the prettiest

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
  2. Chinagrl says:

She has the weirdest nose

Login or Register before you can reply to Chinagrl
    • Krissy replied:

Yeah, I agree.

Login or Register before you can reply to Krissy
      • Eurelia replied:

flaws just means there was no surgery done.

Login or Register before you can reply to Eurelia
      • HeTieShou replied:

At least she is natural…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • ita replied:

I think her nose looks fine. Looks real at least.

Login or Register before you can reply to ita
      • HeTieShou replied:

I think her nose is ok too. At least she did not get PS to make it look fake.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • tvbfan replied:

True , that means it is real but I don’t fine her that attractive or pretty. :/

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
    • scorpio2010 replied:

can be easily fixed

Login or Register before you can reply to scorpio2010
  3. happybi says:

She’s OK.. nose too big.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
    • bear replied:

how small is YOUR nose?

Login or Register before you can reply to bear
  4. Michael says:

1st and 2nd look like sticks. 3rd actually looks like a woman.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
  5. sandcherry says:

I like her the best based on her photos. However, I heard that she speaks accented Cantonese. Maybe another Rebecca Zhu and Christine Kuo! Since she is a drama graduate from Beijing, perhaps she can act without much training!!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  6. Mike says:

I think u have a typo I think u meant September 5 instead of August 5 since its already September and miss Hong Kong pageant was held on the 1st

Login or Register before you can reply to Mike
  7. joojaibao says:

Oomy wonderful another newbie who doesnt speak well cantonese shakes head sigh………

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
    • Puff replied:

Oh my… Shakes head indeed! My pet head is beauty pageants people who can’t speak Cantonese!

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • HeTieShou replied:

They can always dub her if her Cantonese is not good.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Puff replied:

Dubbing is less annoying, but I found after a few episodes of Christine Kuo’s dubbed performance, it’s still annoying.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  8. Bubblez says:

Not that excited to see her onscreen actually. I am more excited to see Gloria Tang’s first role. She is fluent in Cantonese, which may be an advantage!

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  9. clementine says:

Im actually really looking forward to seeing more of Sisley Choi! She’s very natural onscreen imo, so if she does choose to develop in an acting career i think she may have potential and do well.

Login or Register before you can reply to clementine
    • idontknow replied:

thats what i thought as well

Login or Register before you can reply to idontknow
    • karen replied:

same! I actually find Sisley and Grace more “real” and natural than Virginia Lau. imo I think Virginia sounds too rehearsed that it seems like she’s trying too hard.

Login or Register before you can reply to karen
  10. advo says:

Don’t think she’s pretty however since she’s a drama graduate she might have acting chops!

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  11. Hannahh says:

She is not that pretty. Looking forward to see her acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  12. CC says:

She is pretty but seriously I don’t want any more none fluent Cantonese actress again!! We already had so much already for example Queenie Chu!

Login or Register before you can reply to CC
    • Lily replied:

Queenie Chu (朱慧敏)?! She is fluent in Cantonese and speak with no accent! I think you mean Oceane Zhu or Christine Kuo…

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
    • Bubblez replied:

Queenie Chu is awesome though. I really liked her acting.. :3

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
    • CC replied:

yea sorry I mean 朱璇 oceane chu

Login or Register before you can reply to CC
    • Ady replied:

u mean oceane zhu? cus queenie chu has perfect canto LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Ady
  13. Lilly says:

At least she’s an actress! Compared to the beauty pageants queens who can’t act AND have bad Cantonese, she’s not that intolerable

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
  14. 939393 says:

I wonder who else will be signed on by TVB

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  15. Woooo says:

For some weird reason, I could visualize in my head Sisley choi becoming a well known actress and possibly drama queen. I kinda liked her personality.

Login or Register before you can reply to Woooo
  16. La says:

She doesn’t look too pretty in my opinion

Login or Register before you can reply to La
  17. Chen says:

I think Virginia will be promoted by TVB but her acting skills are up in the air. With a performance degree I’m hoping she is like Lin Xia Wei in terms of acting but her on-stage performance at Miss Hong Kong was rather unnatural and rehearsed – hard for me to imagine her as an actress.

Grace will probably be given a mix of hosting and acting roles and depending on where she gets better feedback TVB will probably hone her in that category. I imagine her going down the Tracy Chu route.

Sisley seems like the best choice for an actress right now but I just wonder if her personality might rub some people the wrong way.

I can see Moon being a “The Scoop” presenter.

I think they might also sign Tammy and Vicky.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chen
  18. Rey says:

What an ugly nose. So so looks only

Login or Register before you can reply to Rey
    • windy replied:

2nd that, that’s pretty? haha..

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
  19. Mr. Lee says:

Hong Kong beauty? In my opinion, she is a 5 1/2 out of 10.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mr. Lee
    • Winnie replied:

My thought exactly, but not just her though, previous MS HK winners make me wonder if the judges have vision problems

Login or Register before you can reply to Winnie