Charmaine Sheh’s “The Legend of Kublai Khan” Airs on TVB

By on January 3, 2014 in TV Dramas

Charmaine Sheh’s (佘詩曼) mainland Chinese drama The Legend of Kublai Khan <建元風雲> is currently airing on TVB HD Jade. The historical epic, which also costars Hu Jun (胡軍), Steven Ma (馬浚偉), and Ray Lui (呂良偉). The Legend of Kublai Khan is Charmaine and Steven’s first mainland Chinese drama since leaving TVB’s management respectively in 2011 and 2012.

Earlier in December, Charmaine, Steven, Hu Jun, and the drama’s director Tsui Siu Ming (徐小明) were at TVB studios to promote the drama to Hong Kong viewers.

Charmaine said, “This drama was my first mainland Chinese drama after leaving TVB, so I knew there would be some difficulties. That’s why I hired a teacher to help me cram-study my Mandarin two months before shooting began.”

Hu Jun explained that though the cast and crew had trouble understanding Charmaine initially, her Mandarin improved immensely as filming moved on. Charmaine thanked Hu Jun for taking care of her throughout the production’s duration, adding that not only was Hu Jun her Mandarin teacher, he was also her horse riding instructor.

Director Tsui revealed that Charmaine suffered a waist injury while filming a horse riding scene. Charmaine clarified, “I twisted it while riding uphill and downhill. I laid on the floor for a good ten minutes and couldn’t move at all. Hu Jun lent me his personal therapist to help me out.”

In addition to the waist injury, Charmaine is also currently recuperating from a vertebral injury. She said she is unsure which injury came first.

Hu Jun also expressed his interest in TVB dramas and would consider filming one if he comes upon a good script.

Source: Ming Pao

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

20 comments to Charmaine Sheh’s “The Legend of Kublai Khan” Airs on TVB

1. sandcherry says:

Does anyone have the link to watch the Cantonese version of “The Legend of Kublai Khan”? If you do, please post the link here. Thanks in advance!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • miriamfanz replied:

There are 2 eps here http://tvbfun.blogspot.ca (scroll to bottom of page) but I can’t find any more eps anywhere. Anyone with link please post!

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
      • sandcherry replied:

miriamfanz
        I have already watched those two episodes in Cantonese, but not the others which are now airing on TVB. Anyway, thanks for your information.

I can find the complete Mandarin version on YouTube, but the quality is pretty bad. I will wait a bit longer for the rest of the drama series in Cantonese.

If you happen to find more episodes in future, please post the link here. I will check from time to time. Thanks again.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • clamine replied:

in Cantonese
        建元风云/忽必烈传奇【粤语】to date 9 episodes uploaded

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
      • sandcherry replied:

clamine
        Thanks very much for your link. I am watching it now. The quality of the picture is much better, and it is in Cantonese. Great! Thanks again.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  2. jasmine7 says:

I’ve already watched the mainland’s version and it was great.

Login or Register before you can reply to jasmine7
  3. tranthaiphuong98 says:

you can watch it on youtube 🙂 it’s amazing, very fascinting and breathtaking 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to tranthaiphuong98
    • miriamfanz replied:

Can you post the link? Thx!

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
      • sandcherry replied:

miriamfanz:

You can try this link:

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • MW replied:

Thanks for the link. Drama looks really good but, hopefully, the entire series will be available in HD somewhere soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    • sandcherry replied:

I think it is the Mandarin version only. The quality of the picture is pretty bad. I watched Ep. 3 to 5 (in Mandarin) on YouTube. The quality of the picture is so much better in Cantonese.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

Many series on YouTube have very bad quality.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  4. Hannahh says:

I wanted to watch it , is it any good?

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  5. Jupi says:

the drama is good. u can actually find the cantonese version on tudou. just search for it 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to Jupi
    • sandcherry replied:

Thanks! I just tried it on “tudou.com”. It did not even have in Mandarin. I found it on “youku.com”, and it is also in Mandarin, by the same broadcaster “www.Paocaidy.com”, and the quality of the drama series is the same ………… pretty blurry.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • clamine replied:

Check out the link I just posted. The site has reasonably good quality videos.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
      • sandcherry replied:

clamine:
        Got it. Thanks!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • miriamfanz replied:

Loads a bit slow, but works for me. Thanks!

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  6. Terminator says:

Was this drama ever aired in China? Did not hear anything about it since it was dubbed as the “most anticipated drama in 2013.

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
    • Larry 3 replied:

It was aired over the Summer, July 2013.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3